Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 24, 2016 9:38 AM

Dec 2014
feeling bad for meiko.... awesome move left me with mixed feelings
Sep 24, 2016 9:47 AM
Sep 2007
THANK YOU EVERYONE~! I didn't realize there was 5 parts to this one until I started reading this forum~!
Sep 24, 2016 9:54 AM

Oct 2012
Going to digital world and all those feels remind me of the first season a lot and I love it.
Sep 24, 2016 9:55 AM

Mar 2009
putting all those emotional scenes aside, let's take a little second of Takari moment when hikari blushed a little and realized that takeru had grown so much? that was a cute moment, if you ask me.

Sep 24, 2016 10:56 AM

Sep 2016
I don't know what to think about this movie... The first half was very boring and the second half was good. I did not care about the drama with Mei since she has not really done anything that would make me care about her problems. She's just there and does not do anything noteworthy at all.

This movie did not have as much action as the other two if I remember correctly but had quite a lot of drama instead.

It was okay I guess. Did not really feel anything while watching this except when Patamon told TK to put him down if he were infected.
FurisuuSep 25, 2016 4:07 PM
Sep 24, 2016 11:15 AM

Feb 2013
Actar said:
Meh. There are way too many inconsistencies in this movie series for me to bother nitpicking anymore. The rules flew out the window a long time ago and the fact that they're refusing to explain ANYTHING just rubs salt into the wound. I'm refusing to consider this series canon no matter what anyone says. I think I'll be able to "enjoy" them much better this way as well. (-.-)

Lol naw its canon get over it.
How about instead of complaining how things dont get explained, you wait till all the movies come out and if its still not explained, then you can complain.
Sep 24, 2016 12:43 PM

Jan 2014
the movie was actually better than previous two and the twist at the end was just unexpected with gennai and himekawa.
Sep 24, 2016 12:52 PM

Feb 2013
This one was the best ova so far, all the feels, i couldnt really believe i was hearing patamon saying to TK to kill him if he was infected, my inner little kid was traumatized a little lol

i cant wait for the next movie. >.<

Sep 24, 2016 1:02 PM

Dec 2014
well the movie left me empty.... it's like second season never existed...also there are many plot holes with the hole digital world rebooting..... I mean there are other digidestined.... they may also be surely affected
Sep 24, 2016 1:21 PM
Mar 2016
Actar said:
- First of, oh my God. What did I just watch? They're not even trying with the evolutions anymore, are they? Like that whole Tentomon suddenly becoming Kabuterimon just so that they could show off the AtlurKabuterimon evolution sequence. Yes, I get that they wanted it to be "emotional" and "poignant" but that is NOT the way to handle a new evolution! There really was no weight or impact to it. None at all. HeracleKabuterimon did not get any kick-ass fight sequences or even launch any attacks. What a waste.

- Also... WTF is with infected MetalGreymon becoming WarGreymon? What was with that? How was that even possible without Taichi's input? Please explain!!! PLEASE SOMEBODY!!! They don't even give a shit about these things, do they? (-.-)

- Didn't they see Hikari get taken over by the Digital World God before? Why is this new to them? What?

- Reboot? Oh dear, it's the X-Evolution and Tamers movie all over again! (O.o) What are they doing different with this Virus theme? What?

- Where are the 02 kids? NOTHING save for THEY'RE DISAPPEARING. You'd think they'd be a little more concerned!!!

- Which leads me to the next point... WOW, was that a whole mess of I don't tell you, you don't tell him, you know this, but I don't know that... Urgh. They're all going to find out eventually anyway and haven't they already learned that communication is the key to solving most problems? Heck, Koushiro came up with the back-up plan because Tentomon spilled the beans! But we can't have them actually figuring out a solution together, can we?

- Also, was there any emotional catharsis? Everyone was pretty nonchalant at the end. You'd think they'd be feeling a little more depressed and emotional. For some reason, to me, everything feels really hollow...

- That awkwardly placed BUTTER-FLY in the last episode. It didn't fit the mood at all. No! Bad sound designer! BAD! We're melancholic, not PUMPED. That dissonance and mood-whiplash.

- That random digital gate and no questions of where that D-3 and D-Terminal came from. Was that Kens? They can open digital gates now? That's convenient.

- Where are the Royal Knights? More of them please. Alphamon. SAVE THIS FILM SERIES!!! Oh, there he is. AND JESMON. Now, that was kick-ass. Sad that it was only like what... 2 minutes?

- They want to show the Perfect level evolutions. Not everyone will be happy with warp evolution without showing the perfect evolution scenes (they kinda did with MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon in the first movie, and there were people complaining that there were no evolutionary scenes for these two). Also, why would HerakleKabuterimon attack and hurt its own friends? The goal was to push them to backup field, or hold them so they don't go outside from that dimension.

- Just like Meicoomon can evolve to Meicrackmon without any input from Meiko? The infection is able to make Digimon stronger tha normal (like Kuwagamon) and evolve, but they would go berserk and uncontrollable.

- It's more like being surprised because of Hikari's sudden change. Tailmon knows that it's not Hikari speaking is a proof that she still remembers what happened before.

- They're different in how they approach it and the impact. X-Evolution has no human partner, and only affect Digital World only. In Tri, it affects human world to certain extent and the bond between Digimon and their human partner. When did reboot ever occur in Tamers?

- Agree that the 02 kids are pretty much sidelined in favor of the original 8 kids so far. But since the 02 kids were defeated, I'm assuming they probably will meet them in Digital World.

- The kids already have a hard time dealing with infection with no information, and then you expect the Digimon to deliver another blow by saying the Digital World will be rebooted and the Digimon will lose their memories of their partner?
It deals with their feelings as well. Also, they would not think up a solution TOGETHER, but would only put more stress on Koshiro as everyone would be bugging him to quickly find solution since he's the brain of the group, when at the time he already forced himself to the point of neglecting his own well-being.

- The kids were confused how to react. The Digimon no longer remembered them, and they don't know what to say, how to act toward them, etc. Also, the Digimon were scared of them initially.

- Umm... you expect a melancholic song to play when they FINALLY made up their mind and go to THE Digital World? Okay...

- D3 has always been able to open the gate to Digital World, though I agree that it's weird that the kids don't say anything about Maki carrying a D3 and D-Terminal. There's scene where they look at the D3 though, so maybe they will address that in the next movie.

- NO!! I have enough with Royal Knights. We already have Frontier, Savers, Xros Wars manga, D-Cyber, X-Evolution, Adventure PSP, and Cyber Sleuth. The last thing we need is turning Tri into another Royal Knights story. I want something new. I want this Alphamon and Jesmon unrelated to Royal Knights.

With the kids being in Digital World now, I expect more adventure and battles in the next movie. The first two movies were kinda like introductions to the plot and characters, and this movie picks up the pace.

I also love the bigger focus on Digimon here. Usually, Digimon rarely have chance to show their own personality or show any character development; it's mainly the human partners that grow to be more mature. The Digimon are more like companions, but they remain relatively unchanged - and this is especially true in Adventure universe. Having more time dedicated for the Digimon themselves and how they value their human partners is what makes this movie great and pretty powerful during the sad scenes.
Sep 24, 2016 1:52 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, I can't believe they really forgot them. I really hate Meiko and Meicoomon now, because all of this could have been avoided if we didn't get two uninteresting characters thrown into this movie series just for plot's sake. Ugh. I hope they get their memories of their past lives restored soon because having this one series of movies undo two seasons worth of time together from almost two decades ago is really painful.

This was a step up from the last movie though (even though Mimi is my favorite) and definitely the most emotional. I think this is the first time Digimon has made me cry since all the way back in the first season.

Gennai is evil?? Himekawa is working with him? Now we're left on this huge cliffhanger for the next 4 months. >.>
Sep 24, 2016 2:44 PM

Aug 2010
The most emotional I've ever got for Digimon.

Tentamon hit me the most. The way he fought everyone and also bringing them back to their normal state for the last few moments. He is a hero.

This movie was greatness.
Sep 24, 2016 3:05 PM
Apr 2016
Tri is groing strong as the best Digiimon series of all time. The plot is addicting and the character development is great. Can't wait for movie number 4
Sep 24, 2016 8:39 PM
Mar 2016
Turtles_Leader said:
Well, it was clear when they announced it back in 2014 that it was gonna be about the original 8. I don't know if you remember the Nade-Nade thing from the official website, it only had the digiegg of the 8 originals. I think they won't appear before the end, when they'll be saved. The way they deal with 02 let me think they don't really know what to do with it. they couldn't totally ignore it, but 02 has so many plotholes, they only kept the main storyline. Like what you have in the Harlock franchise, where there is an order, but you know it's not exactly in the same timeline. I don't think they could do something decent if they had to deal with all the 02 flaws. Because yeah, they forget all the other kids from other country, plus it's supposed to be 3 years since more and more people got digivice.

There are other kids "defeated" other than the 02 kids, so it's not really a plot hole, just a very convenient excuse to have only the original 8 kids as the main characters. I also don't expect the 02 kids to have a big role in Tri, but I wish they could have done more, like for example, them being controlled by the bad guys. That would be much more interesting than them being held hostages waiting to be rescued, but still don't interfere with the focus on the original 8 kids.

Turtles_Leader said:
Luph said:
- The kids were confused how to react. The Digimon no longer remembered them, and they don't know what to say, how to act toward them, etc. Also, the Digimon were scared of them initially.
Actually, it was the other way around.

Ah, yeah, that's what I meant. By "they", I was referring to the kids and not the Digimon. I noticed after rereading it; sorry for the confusion.
Sep 24, 2016 9:01 PM
Apr 2009
I honestly don't get all the rave about this episode (movie). It's scored (averagely obviously) over 8 at the time writing while the original Digimon anime has just below 8. This anime is called "Digimon Adventure". I barely see any adventure at all, that and all different digimons with the group doing stuff is why I loved Digimon in the first place. This ONLY plays on nostalgia. The story is not that good, the digimon are barely doing anything. Only showcasing the main digimon at all times. I rated it a 4.
Signature Removed. Please read the General Forum Guidelines regarding signature size.
Sep 24, 2016 10:44 PM
Oct 2014
Raydnt said:
Actar said:
Meh. There are way too many inconsistencies in this movie series for me to bother nitpicking anymore. The rules flew out the window a long time ago and the fact that they're refusing to explain ANYTHING just rubs salt into the wound. I'm refusing to consider this series canon no matter what anyone says. I think I'll be able to "enjoy" them much better this way as well. (-.-)

How about instead of complaining how things dont get explained, you wait till all the movies come out and if its still not explained, then you can complain.
This. Why would they reveal anything yet this early in the series? Many people complain that WTF this series was about, WTF they just watched, WTF this WTF that. Please. Stop being so ignorant and impatient. It's too early to reveal anything. Even making the last film reveal the answers to everything is already good enough.
Sep 24, 2016 11:38 PM
Nov 2012
Luph said:
- Just like Meicoomon can evolve to Meicrackmon without any input from Meiko? The infection is able to make Digimon stronger tha normal (like Kuwagamon) and evolve, but they would go berserk and uncontrollable.

Then why didn't any of the other Digimon who could Digivolve to their ultimate forms do so? Metalgreymon's digivolution to Wargreymon still feels pretty random no matter how you look at it.
Sep 25, 2016 4:16 AM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
I cried a lot more than I anticipated. Seeing all the glitches flicker across made my heart wrench up.
Sep 25, 2016 4:41 AM

Jul 2016
That airplane scene at the start is the best, I love airplane lol.

Patamon: "I'm infected, aren't I?" (please ninja, don't start cutting onion near me)
Patamon: "If I get violent... finish me off" (I told you Ninja! Don't cut a f*cking onion!)

And those scenes when all of those digimons want to have their best last moments with their partners literally make me cry... I'm here for some action! Why did you give me this!? *cried

9/10
Sep 25, 2016 5:17 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
I was kind of dissappointed in the lack of random people during the fighting scene. Tokyo is the most crowded city on this planet. And especially at Tokyo Big Sight was not a single passerby present - despite the fact that Tokyo Big Sight is one of the hotspots for tourists in Odaiba. Were they all evacuated? That would explain this phenomenon, but it struck me kind of lackluster. Its just an empty world with only the main characters living in it...

On another note I would have loved to see the infected Patamon do a dark evolution to Devimon and go rampage instead of a normal evolution to Angemon. In the games this evolution should be possible, right? And before, Greymon evolved to Skull Greymon in the previous anime series. That would have really spiced the scene up.
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Sep 25, 2016 8:01 AM

Jun 2013
Wargreymon and Herculeskabuterimonare look so great in the new animation. It's so sad for the digimons, but i am sure everyone is fine. Looking for the 4th movie.
ryanstrikeSep 25, 2016 8:05 AM
Sep 25, 2016 8:21 AM

Mar 2013
I hope I am not the only one crying all over.
Sep 25, 2016 8:35 AM

Jun 2013
I think this is the reason why Alphamon chased after Meicoomon.
Sep 25, 2016 9:07 AM

Jul 2012
I cried so much. ç-ç

Fuck you Meiko! C'mon, you just abandon your Digimon and it is going to bite you in the ass later. I mean, bite everyone's ass, actually D:

WTF KEN! Who is that ojii-san? So, Himezawa filler lady is evil? o-o

I'm so confused, but I liked this a lot.
There is 8 movies, right? It would be good if they started to answers some question next movie, I'm so confused XD @-@

Sep 25, 2016 11:06 AM
Dec 2015
I understand is a movie and it needs build up, but I don't see the point in using their champion forms. Still wish it retain it's original art style like the new Yugioh movie did. The mega digivolve didn't have any wow factor either.
Sep 25, 2016 12:38 PM

Dec 2010
AT LAST! An Adventure tri. movie that feels like Digimon and not a generic teen drama! And to make it even better, Mimi hadn't much screentime, I hate her lol

I would give this an 8, but since that annoying Meiko and scenes related to her take like 30 minutes of the movie, I give it a 7. She feels so out of place, it's like she's from a generic highschool drama anime that comes every 3 months. I absolutely despise her. I really hope she doesn't show on the fourth movie.

About the reboot, I hope it really did fuck up the Digital World like someone said earlier, so it doesn't creat a big and dull plot hole. Not that I really care, since Adventure 02 is full of them, the Adventure universe is already tainted.
Sep 25, 2016 2:40 PM

May 2011
Raydnt said:
Actar said:

The rightest thing I have read on those dissapointed-fans threads!
All people that they are complaining about Tri they just don't know what 'intrigue' means. They just want some childish plot and badass fights.

Digimon originally was and is a drama with character development, not just plain fights to save the world.

Why people want explains while we are in the half of the series?? And we could be not even in half cause rest movies can long 2:30 or even 3 hours for example. Anyway.

The 3rd movie was amazing and it made me really want to jump to february 2017 and watch the 4th movie!!! CAN'T WAIT!
Sep 26, 2016 3:02 AM

Mar 2015
Kurisenshi said:
All people that they are complaining about Tri they just don't know what 'intrigue' means. They just want some childish plot and badass fights.

Completely untrue. So far the movies have been pretty childish and drama has been a bit forced. The pacing is very bad and the animation is average. The plot so far is uninteresting and generic. They could have done way better than this.
Sep 26, 2016 3:29 AM

Mar 2015
Turtles_Leader said:
Maybe you should rewatch the original series. That was good, with some serious themes, but super childish in the tone. Tri has more a teenage feel. But hey, what did you expect, they said they would do something that could please old fans as news, so something not too mature in the tone.

The original series was a lot more interesting. Tamers is the best example of a show that's aimed at children with serious themes. Tri so far doesn't even come close. It's just childish and unexciting imo. it doesn't bring anything new to the franchise. Granted, we have 3 more movies to go, but we've already seen half of the series and not much has happened. The drama that's been inflicted on us pales in comparison to season 1 and some of it is even a blatant rehash of season 1 and 2 (eg. Taichi being a pussy, Joe having to study, friendly Digimon being infected etc).

I don't want to have new Digimon series made just to satisfy the fans. That's not how good things are made. The creator must have his own vision and make somethng that he wants to see. That's what I want.
BliuTigerSep 26, 2016 3:43 AM
Sep 26, 2016 5:03 AM

Mar 2015
This could've been a perfect 10/10 for me, IF MEIKO DOESNT EXIST IN THIS FUCKING FRANCHISE. God dammit. I know they're high school students and stuff, but I can't stand her. Even Takeru is still redeeming after what he did because he is more bearable and understandable than Meiko.

It's really emotional damn. The best movie out of the 3 as of now. Also, that woman is so suspicious.... First, she have Ken's Digivice, then he know someone who took Ken's identity, and she's practically everywhere too.

Yamato x Sora's small nods though. How to rub salts on 02 ending viewers lol. Also... Takeru x Hikari though, childhood pairing come true. Mimi x Koushiro have no development in this. Who's Joe's girlfriend?! Is she even real?!?!

Also this bothers me everytime.... why don't they just evolve to their ultimate form from the beginning!! Wargreymon and Metal Garurumon probably could push Meicoomon easily.

The Hercules Kabuterimon was kind of asspull, because Joe and Mimi had to shout their love to them, but Koushiro practically didn't convey his love as much as them (too busy with programming stuff)

Oh yeah, nice nods on Hikari being possessed from Adventure and 02. I wonder if we'll get some answer to the darkest episode of 02 with that dark ocean.... after all these years, I still hope for answers.

Edit: Okay, someone pointed out that Gennai took Ken's appearance... what?! He planned this? Gennai?! I trusted you!

But damn, still the best Digimon Tri movie so far. So much feels, development, on point nods (like Hikari possessed, Gennai 02 design, D3 digivices, Hikari's whistle, etc)

9/10... if only Meiko doesn't exist.... like seriously. Now I believe they will spent another 3 hours to spend more time to justify giving Taichi a girlfriend (Meiko)

Edit 2: Oh wow, I found out that Gennai being evil was a nod from a flashback scene on Adventure where Piemon inserted a black ball onto him during his escape. Amazing! More things are going to be answered?! Now I'm really excited for Digimon! Damn, need to rewatch Adventure and 02.
DarklordVorSep 26, 2016 5:24 AM

Sep 26, 2016 7:41 AM

Jul 2012
Turtles_Leader said:
The "ojii-san" si Gennai. it's his look since 02.
And it's gonna be six movies, not 8.

Thank you for the information! :O
I watched the second season many years ago,so I can't remember him at all, but I checked the wikipedia :)

Sep 26, 2016 8:11 AM
Mar 2013
Series Summary: Always first try turning it off again.
Sep 26, 2016 8:56 AM

Oct 2008
Kurisenshi said:
They just want some childish plot and badass fights. Digimon originally was and is a drama with character development, not just plain fights to save the world.

What are you even going on about? I'm not denying that it shouldn't have drama or character development. It's about balance, the good execution of both and tying them into one another and not the emphasis of one over the other.

In these films, I sincerely believe that the drama has been forced and overwrought and the fights poorly done with absolutely zero thought put into their build-up or execution. There was absolutely zero reason for investment. If one didn't have that nostalgia pre-built into the viewing experience, these scenes and characters have done absolutely nothing to evoke an emotional response on their own.

Even if we assume that the original series had "childish plot", it was executed well. For the many reasons I have stated already, I don't believe these movies were executed well at all and I have even provided some suggestions on how they could have done it better (making it a more personal story, harkening back to Angemon's sacrifice, allowing us to see how the characters handle their grief, etc...).

Perhaps you need to re-watch the original. Just take a look back at some scenes from it. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING from these movies have evoked the same level of emotional response that these scenes have. They are beautiful in their construction and flawless in their execution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rHSmq-K7V0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m71HJZKdqzs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChTGKYkivfA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCuBj8ozC4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiTsilPMraE

Is it wrong for me to expect this kind of quality from a movie that is supposed to be more "mature"? I'll just stick to my "childish plot" that actually puts in more emotion and heart into its writing, thank you very much.

Kurisenshi said:
All people that they are complaining about Tri they just don't know what 'intrigue' means.

Raydnt said:

bennysiahaan said:
Why would they reveal anything yet this early in the series? Many people complain that WTF this series was about, WTF they just watched, WTF this WTF that. Please. Stop being so ignorant and impatient. It's too early to reveal anything. Even making the last film reveal the answers to everything is already good enough.

Seriously guys? Are you kidding me right now? If any other series did this, it would have been destroyed for its poor pacing, for keeping audiences in the dark for so long and for the lack of plot development. Just because it's Digimon it gets a free pass?

No. It is because it's Digimon, a franchise I love, that I expect more from it. More time should be devoted to at least developing or moving the mystery so that we as the viewer can remain invested in it and feel NOT ignorant of the situation. What's the point to any of this? I am not asking for everything to be revealed immediately, but the lack of any answers or movement during this particular movie was frustrating to say the least. The apathy that the children are feeling towards the 02 children is a blatant and contrived way of prolonging the mystery more than it needs to be. If the last movie is going to be an info-dump, that in an of itself would be a sign of poor organizing.
ActarSep 26, 2016 9:13 AM
Sep 26, 2016 12:02 PM

May 2012
Gennai is wearing black now, so he's evil I guess. Maybe a clone?

Overall, the movie was okay. I found the first half kind of boring to be honest. I really don't care for Mei as a character. The second movie was obviously supposed to make us care, but it didn't work on me. Mei is just such a useless addition to the group. Also, apparently Mei has had Meikoomon for a long time and her father was aware that she was "special"? How would he know that when Digimon weren't even known back then?

Using Takeru as the focus for the infected plot was a good move. It makes sense he would be the most apprehensive to telling anyone and dealing with the possibility that Patamon would die again.

It was also a good move to involve the Digimon in the plot for once. Too often in the other movies and even some parts of this one, the Digimon have just been cute machines. They'll make constant comments about food and be cute and that's it. It was getting annoying, but we got something here. That latter part actually did get me emotional. Especially Jou/Gomamon's and Koushiro/Tentomon's.

The fight was kind of lackluster. Just pushing each other around. The movies are having some trouble making these Ultimate evolutions feel grand, this was at least better than Jou and Mimi's.

I just really don't think the series is as strong as some people think it is. The pacing is still off, scenes can still be boring while characters just reiterate what the audience knows already. This movie was better, but still not hitting on all cylinders yet.

Oh, hey Himeka, why do you have that D3? Anyone? Maybe we should check on the other kids? Anyone? Okay.

Am I the only that thought that this whole reveal on what's happening with the Digital World sort of inconsistent with the origin 02 gave it?

Last edited by bleachj0j on Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
KamenRiderX18Sep 26, 2016 12:18 PM
Sep 26, 2016 5:40 PM

Dec 2010
bleachjoj said:
Oh, hey Himeka, why do you have that D3? Anyone? Maybe we should check on the other kids? Anyone? Okay.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it the black D-3? It belongs to Ken
I think it makes sense since he "reverted" to Digimon Kaiser (or maybe not, we don't know if it was Gennai in the last movie)

prtorpedo said:

Then why didn't any of the other Digimon who could Digivolve to their ultimate forms do so? Metalgreymon's digivolution to Wargreymon still feels pretty random no matter how you look at it.

Because WarGreymon was there just for fanservice purposes, since this damn anime can't live without fanservice everywhere...
Ersatz-GottSep 26, 2016 5:44 PM
Sep 27, 2016 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
Actar said:
Kurisenshi said:
They just want some childish plot and badass fights. Digimon originally was and is a drama with character development, not just plain fights to save the world.

What are you even going on about? I'm not denying that it shouldn't have drama or character development. It's about balance, the good execution of both and tying them into one another and not the emphasis of one over the other.

In these films, I sincerely believe that the drama has been forced and overwrought and the fights poorly done with absolutely zero thought put into their build-up or execution. There was absolutely zero reason for investment. If one didn't have that nostalgia pre-built into the viewing experience, these scenes and characters have done absolutely nothing to evoke an emotional response on their own.

Even if we assume that the original series had "childish plot", it was executed well. For the many reasons I have stated already, I don't believe these movies were executed well at all and I have even provided some suggestions on how they could have done it better (making it a more personal story, harkening back to Angemon's sacrifice, allowing us to see how the characters handle their grief, etc...).

Perhaps you need to re-watch the original. Just take a look back at some scenes from it. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING from these movies have evoked the same level of emotional response that these scenes have. They are beautiful in their construction and flawless in their execution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rHSmq-K7V0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m71HJZKdqzs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChTGKYkivfA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCuBj8ozC4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiTsilPMraE

Is it wrong for me to expect this kind of quality from a movie that is supposed to be more "mature"? I'll just stick to my "childish plot" that actually puts in more emotion and heart into its writing, thank you very much.

Kurisenshi said:
All people that they are complaining about Tri they just don't know what 'intrigue' means.

Raydnt said:

bennysiahaan said:
Why would they reveal anything yet this early in the series? Many people complain that WTF this series was about, WTF they just watched, WTF this WTF that. Please. Stop being so ignorant and impatient. It's too early to reveal anything. Even making the last film reveal the answers to everything is already good enough.

Seriously guys? Are you kidding me right now? If any other series did this, it would have been destroyed for its poor pacing, for keeping audiences in the dark for so long and for the lack of plot development. Just because it's Digimon it gets a free pass?

No. It is because it's Digimon, a franchise I love, that I expect more from it. More time should be devoted to at least developing or moving the mystery so that we as the viewer can remain invested in it and feel NOT ignorant of the situation. What's the point to any of this? I am not asking for everything to be revealed immediately, but the lack of any answers or movement during this particular movie was frustrating to say the least. The apathy that the children are feeling towards the 02 children is a blatant and contrived way of prolonging the mystery more than it needs to be. If the last movie is going to be an info-dump, that in an of itself would be a sign of poor organizing.

You're easily the biggest nostalgia fag ive seen on this forum.
I have so many points I can address but frankly, I think it would be a waste of time trying to convince you seeing how your nostalgia goggles are on too tight.
Sep 27, 2016 4:43 AM

Oct 2008
Raydnt said:
You're easily the biggest nostalgia fag ive seen on this forum.
I have so many points I can address but frankly, I think it would be a waste of time trying to convince you seeing how your nostalgia goggles are on too tight.

We can do away with the personal insults (and long-ass quotes), thank you very much.

I have been more than fair with my assessment. I have not only pointed out things that I liked, I have clearly explained what I think went wrong and I have also given suggestions with regard to how I think the movie could have been improved. In addition to structure, I have also pointed out issues with regard to the pacing, plot holes, characterization and the building of emotional tension. Not to mention, I was complaining about how the show wasn't doing anything new! That is the antithesis of what you are insinuating.

The originals were used as examples. When I feel they do something better, I think it's more than fair to point that out. Does this mean I want tri. to be exactly the same? Of course not. For instance, let's take a look at the evolution scenes. The original made each higher-level evolution scene more bombastic than the last to emphasize the excitement and growth in power with a visual spectacle to match. With tri., all we have is the same damn white background with the same damn golden rings. That's boring. That's bullshit. Do I want them to have the same evolution scenes as the original? Heck no. I want them to make each higher-level evolution scene more bombastic than the last in whatever new way they can!

I could have easily taken scenes from any other show to illustrate my point of how to effectively construct scenes that can make people give a shit without having to rely on nostalgia to feed their emotional responses. Heck, I even used a clip from the Cyber Sleuth game.

In fact, aren't those people, the apologists, the ones who swallow everything down without question, the ones who are being "nostalgia fags"? Why aren't you calling them out on it? Seriously, if not for the nostalgia, can you honestly say that the movies have done anything to make you care for these characters? Oh, wait. It's a multi-movie thing. Why complain, right? Can't I be patient? Well... It's just that most movies accomplish 10 times more in the span of one movie than what this series has done in the span of 3 movies!

Is it because you can't actually tackle my points that you are are resorting to personal attacks? Look. No one's asking you to agree with me. Even if you can't accept my point of view, you can at least try to understand where I'm coming from. Also, there is value to discussion, even if you aren't able to "convince me". I always welcome alternative points of view, even if I vehemently disagree with them.

Oh yes, speaking of Cyber Sleuth, Cyber Sleuth said it best:

...the answer? Nostalgia-bait.
ActarSep 27, 2016 5:00 AM
Sep 27, 2016 11:55 AM

Mar 2015
Raydnt said:
You're easily the biggest nostalgia fag ive seen on this forum. I have so many points I can address but frankly, I think it would be a waste of time trying to convince you seeing how your nostalgia goggles are on too tight.

How is he a nostalgia fag for refusing to eat up and praise something made purely for nostalgia fags? I bet you can't logically refute even one point he made about Tri.
Sep 28, 2016 6:23 AM

Aug 2014
Digimon Tri finally started moving. I guess this is the best out of the 3, but I'm still not really a fan of this film series.
It's just too heavy on emotional stuff. I guess it could be okay or even good if there was less of it (particularly Taichi's subplot in the first movie just felt forced and could have been left out), but this movie was 50% depression and 50% plot, which is just not fun, when the runtime is over 100 minutes. I also couldn't care less about Mei. She just isn't interesting or particularly likeable or well characterized, so I just can't sympathize with her.
Sep 28, 2016 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
old man gennai loving to cosplay lololol

LovelyHikari said:
Just when we think everything is going smoothly, they throw in a plot twist in Himekawa. I had a hunch in the scene where she smirks as she eats a donut that the was probably up to something.

she already smirked in the 2nd movie when meicoomon went berserk behind the school.
Sep 29, 2016 9:42 AM

Aug 2015
Would have dropped this, if it wasn't Digimon to be honest.
Sep 30, 2016 1:35 AM

Jul 2015
Wow. So much feels with the parting words from their partners..

Hikari's whistle! So much goosebumps from the first movie..
You just gave me hope back there

Oct 1, 2016 6:36 AM

Feb 2013
damn, right in the feels. Was that Cliffhanger really necessary?
<-click
Oct 3, 2016 2:15 PM

Jun 2007
Loving it c:
I was so excited for Tri, and now that I'm watching it, I've become much more excited!
Loving the animation, plot, and specially the characters.
Of course, I agree that the animation for evolutions could have been better, seeing that it is the 3rd movie / 13th episode, I have made peace that it is what it is... and instead, decided to focus that we finally get to see the evolution in action. It was nice to finally see angewomon, thou I wasn't expecting her until Hikari's "movie," I was mostly waiting to see if angemon was going to evolve.
I liked that they broke the pattern of "these character's movies will get the evolution" because it makes it less predictable since it's hinted that they would save the day.
I also liked how hercules-mon (too long of a name) handled his fight. How he didn't want to leave his friends and held them all back.
I cried at the scene where patamon told T.K to finish him if he gets too aggressive. This episode had a lot of sadness, with each digimon trying to spend their last moments with their partners.
I liked how we saw their perspective and now it's the digi-destined turn to show their love now that the digimon lost their memories.
As far as the plot and the motives of the "evil" characters.. I have zero clues. Feel like we have moved so slow with 13 episodes already and still don't know much.. But I'm thoroughly enjoying it as long as I get my mimi scenes (:
Oct 5, 2016 7:03 AM

Jul 2008
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--------------

The feels!!!!

And WTF again with the ending Gennai is the bad guy?!?! FRAK and the lady also got to the digital world, just what is going on?!

10/10 for me, yes nostalgia heavy score but I don't care!

Movie 4 can't get here soon enough!
Oct 5, 2016 9:54 AM

Jan 2014
this time it parts into 5 episode right?
is episode 13 part of movie 3 or movie 4?

why meicoomon is the only one stay in that form? she didn't revert back to trainee form like anyone else..
Oct 5, 2016 10:33 AM

Apr 2011
When i first saw this movies title (kokuhaku)(confession) and with the picture of izzy...i instantly thought "oh, is he finally going to confess to Mimi."

Sigh guess not. was really looking forward to it, still enjoyed the movie but want some development haha.
Oct 10, 2016 7:39 PM

Apr 2016
I like how it doesn't focus only on Taichi like the original anime did which ruined the essence of the manga
DarthWeeabooOct 10, 2016 7:57 PM
Oct 13, 2016 9:51 AM
Sep 2014
Where the hell is davis and the other digidestined from S2?
Oct 15, 2016 4:12 AM
Mar 2016
Noice said:
Where the hell is davis and the other digidestined from S2?
I know I know I wanna see them too, but now they're currently missing and the digidestined don't know where they are or what happened to them :/
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Digimon Adventure tri. "Shoshitsu" Poster

GigaDestroyer - Oct 7, 2016

13 by KingArti »»
Oct 23, 2016 1:55 PM

» Post-movie question

Chanaynay - Sep 27, 2016

4 by Raydnt »»
Oct 1, 2016 9:17 PM

» Digimon Tri 4

ibraheem234 - Sep 24, 2016

9 by voidepression »»
Sep 25, 2016 11:03 AM

» Ending Ost

Caramellochi - Sep 23, 2016

1 by Malphas_ »»
Sep 23, 2016 6:49 PM

» 02 is not canon. and predictions

levelminded - Jun 23, 2016

5 by Setsuna200 »»
Sep 22, 2016 4:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.