Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 23, 2016 10:32 AM

Sep 2011
GoldenKappa said:
As a non VN reader, it really feels like they are just blazing through the story at lightspeed. One moment its just slice of pointlessness and then next minute they drop the whole backstory on our face with character dialogue sped up 1.5x times.

Well, you're totally right off the bat.

Good thing I've read the VN, so I can at least swallow this despite it's unbearable to watch. If only I don't have any knowledge to the VN... only God knows what kind of opinion I might give...

Jul 23, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2015
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD 8BIT. SLOW DOWN THIS TRAIN.

I don't have time to even care about these characters. The transitions are messed up!
Jul 23, 2016 10:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Schala07 said:
HaXXspetten said:
Do you really need to give us condensed versions of all the heroines' backstories in one episode each? That's 5/13 episodes wasted right there. I mean even if it's just the backstories and not their actual routes themselves it's still useless. Sure, giving the other girls some characterization is fine, but jesus you've only got 13 episodes to work with here. Give them their spotlight in their everyday scenes from the common route like you did in the first three episodes and then proceed to Kagari's route, don't waste time by half-assedly taking snippets from the other routes just because you can. The pacing is all over the place this way

Fucks sake...

I think Kagari's Route will just feel lost if we don't get to know the backstory of the other characters. I mean...

And your point on introducing the characters in the everyday scenes. I mean yea they could also do that, but it will look like everything is just scattered all over the place. They're just gonna get more mixed up and there'd be more confused fans, imo
Well we can't really make predictions on that front since we still don't know what Kagari's route will be like exactly. But yeah sooner or later I think you're going to have to accept the fact that Rewrite is too complex to do a standalone anime original version of in just 13 episodes. Before too long, something's going to crack
Jul 23, 2016 10:39 AM

Jul 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Schala07 said:

I think Kagari's Route will just feel lost if we don't get to know the backstory of the other characters. I mean...

And your point on introducing the characters in the everyday scenes. I mean yea they could also do that, but it will look like everything is just scattered all over the place. They're just gonna get more mixed up and there'd be more confused fans, imo
Well we can't really make predictions on that front since we still don't know what Kagari's route will be like exactly. But yeah sooner or later I think you're going to have to accept the fact that Rewrite is too complex to do a standalone anime original version of in just 13 episodes. Before too long, something's going to crack

Really just being optimistic, cause maybe they've prepared something grand for us...or not, can't tell now. But I'm still crossing my fingers! :)
*under construction*
Jul 23, 2016 10:42 AM

Mar 2011
Good episode, the pace is fine and overall it was a sad story
I wasn't planning on dropping Rewrite any time but it reassures me to see interesting things, at least now I can proudly continue watching Rewrite...
Jul 23, 2016 10:46 AM

Aug 2013
Just terrible dropped
Jul 23, 2016 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Shizuru's parents forgot their own daughter. Shizuru's past was quite sad!
Jul 23, 2016 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
if only I'm just an anime watcher..
I think I still can enjoy this..

too bad I'm a VN reader..
this is a whole mess
Jul 23, 2016 10:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I can only say that the music was my favourite part of the episode. The backstory was decent, but told very fast, even i could see that. It wasn't bad though for me.
Jul 23, 2016 10:55 AM

Jan 2014
I think I'm beginning to realize why I got so much shit when I defended several episodes of the Grisaia adaptation...

I'll be blunt, this "adaptation" is absolute dog-shit. Tanaka must have finally gone insane after realizing he wrote Cross Channel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2016 11:00 AM

Feb 2016
This is the best episode for me so far its good for only 13episodes and that means the anime only get to know the other characters in more depth. Still sad that this series in 13episodes though.

Jul 23, 2016 11:03 AM

Apr 2015
MagicalMahou said:
I think I'm beginning to realize why I got so much shit when I defended several episodes of the Grisaia adaptation...

I'll be blunt, this "adaptation" is absolute dog-shit. Tanaka must have finally gone insane after realizing he wrote Cross Channel.

This. So this. Especially that CC part.
Jul 23, 2016 11:04 AM
Jun 2014
Look at all these people bandwagoning, jumping to conclusions, and overreacting.
TyrelJul 23, 2016 8:13 PM
Jul 23, 2016 11:09 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Well, that episode felt weird.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 23, 2016 11:13 AM

Nov 2012
I liked this episode....
Shizuru's backstory is pretty interesting... It was pretty sad that her parents forgot all about her, but at least they are still alive.
Jul 23, 2016 11:14 AM

Jan 2014
Fencel said:
Look at all these people bandwagoning, jumping to conclusions, and overreacting.

Gotrys in particular is the MVP for trying to validate his own opinion as much as possible while spreading misinformation.

you think this is bad, just wait until a Muv Luv adaptation comes out.

point is, lots of people have expectations, considering how good the VN is. And the creators did promise something both newcomers and readers could enjoy.
the results? well, they are as you can see them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2016 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
Well if this thread and the rabid Key fans have done anything, it's convince me to never ever touch the Visual Novel. It's practically a warzone in here.
Jul 23, 2016 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
Hongu said:
Well if this thread and the rabid Key fans have done anything, it's convince me to never ever touch the Visual Novel. It's practically a warzone in here.

I'm not even arguing or even saying stuff at the moment though. :T

But btw, I want to give and say that not all of the fans are "rabid"
Jul 23, 2016 11:26 AM
Jun 2013
Fencel said:
If anything I feel bad for the anime-only viewers who actually do want to discuss the show. People like Gotrys who try to force their opinion on everyone make this place extremely toxic and unwelcome.

At least someone know the truth things happen here instead of bashing everything just like "king of the world". I completely agree with you, bro.
Jul 23, 2016 11:27 AM

Sep 2014
Wtf the ending was weird, whats up with the sudden outbursts from the class rep. It feels so random.
Jul 23, 2016 11:31 AM
Jun 2013
Goku said:
Wtf the ending was weird, whats up with the sudden outbursts from the class rep. It feels so random.

They mixed heroine's common route in one so... you know. And why Lucia outbursts? You can read visual novel or wait for next week. But if you want to get more best experience, you should read visual novel for more detail and development. Lucia's route is the best heroine route in Rewrite IMO.
Jul 23, 2016 11:31 AM
Sep 2015
Well, I mean the content was clearly there and from a vn reader's standpoint they covered a lot of things, but how the backstory was presented and the music choice are very questionable. Introducing Lucia's backstory at the end was very bad. Pacing still a complete wreck.

Pretty abysmal, but still recoverable. Unfortunate considering how good rewrite is as a story with cool characters. Coming in with low expectations from now on.
Jul 23, 2016 11:32 AM

Dec 2012
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
MagicalMahou said:

Cross Channel is the only objectively fantastic Visual Novel. The rest of the medium is let down by its own subservience to the tropes. Even Rewrite, which I love, is heavily let down by the fact that it's stuck to the VN harem trope that has no importance to the story. At least Cross Channel had the intelligence to criticise those tropes and turn them on their heads, whilst fitting an insane amount of layers and depth to its ideas and message. Seriously, Cross Channel just doesn't get anywhere near enough recognition as it deserves.
Jul 23, 2016 11:37 AM

Apr 2015
TakeMeInYourArmy said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Cross Channel is the only objectively fantastic Visual Novel. The rest of the medium is let down by its own subservience to the tropes. Even Rewrite, which I love, is heavily let down by the fact that it's stuck to the VN harem trope that has no importance to the story. At least Cross Channel had the intelligence to criticise those tropes and turn them on their heads, whilst fitting an insane amount of layers and depth to its ideas and message. Seriously, Cross Channel just doesn't get anywhere near enough recognition as it deserves.

It isn't bad, it's just... I don't know. Crazy/really stupid/weird/insane/overwritten - pick something.
Jul 23, 2016 11:37 AM

Sep 2014
halovn113 said:
Goku said:

They mixed heroine's common route in one so... you know. And why Lucia outbursts? You can read visual novel or wait for next week. But if you want to get more best experience, you should read visual novel for more detail and development. Lucia's route is the best heroine route in Rewrite IMO.

I guess i'm just going to wait for next week tbh. Never really played a visual novel, and I honestly don't know how to.
Jul 23, 2016 11:38 AM
Jun 2013
TakeMeInYourArmy said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

IMO, i still think it's Key's fault because i feel like they don't give a f*ck Rewrite with extremely low faithful for fan. Maybe because not Jun's work. Look at Planetarian and this. It's completetly different! I feel Key just throw Rewrite low budget anime and say "F*ck u this is your Rewrite anime and SFTU". Even Aniplex. My respect for Key is lower and lower now after Charlotte and Rewrite anime. At least i feel Romeo try his best to mix all shit to one although extremely low budget it can't give faithful adaptation because low budget.
Jul 23, 2016 11:45 AM

Mar 2016
This was to be a route Kagari, do not know why they're putting the story of other characters by placing a route 8/9 hours in one episode, they will do so next week with Lucia? And after all the other heroine? I thought it was to be an original anime, are 13 episodes, and will talk about all the heroines? (Sorry my very bad english, please)
Jul 23, 2016 11:46 AM
Sep 2015
halovn113 said:
TakeMeInYourArmy said:

IMO, i still think it's Key's fault because i feel like they don't give a f*ck Rewrite with extremely low faithful for fan. Maybe because not Jun's work. Look at Planetarian and this. It's completetly different! I feel Key just throw Rewrite low budget anime and say "F*ck u this is your Rewrite anime and SFTU". Even Aniplex. My respect for Key is lower and lower now after Charlotte and Rewrite anime. At least i feel Romeo try his best to mix all shit to one although extremely low budget it can't give faithful adaptation because low budget.

Imo, the cross channel fan here shouldn't make his/her opinion into fact by stating that it is "objectively" the best when people like different things.

The next person starts to blame the poor adaptation of rewrite because it was not Jun's work. There is such a large disconnect between these two things that I don't even know where to begin. There are just so many factors that we just don't know that are far more likely.

But I digress, this is MAL and I don't expect much more than this kind of thinking.
Jul 23, 2016 11:48 AM
Dec 2014
VISUAL NOVEL READERS, can you shut the hell up?
Go and talk about the mistakes of this episode in the other thread, that thread is for VN readers, here let us see how the anime onlies will react to the episode.

I can't see any anime only here! So shut up VN readers
Sep 2015
Gigikasp said:
This was to be a route Kagari, do not know why they're putting the story of other characters by placing a route 8/9 hours in one episode, they will do so next week with Lucia? And after all the other heroine? I thought it was to be an original anime, are 13 episodes, and will talk about all the heroines? (Sorry my very bad english, please)

My hopeful guess is that they will somewhat cover all the heroines by episode 8 or so, and then finish the "new route" with kagari. Next season will then just be moon+terra.

Jul 2013
I don't know what people are talking about. This wasn't even Shizuru's route. This was in the common route..
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 23, 2016 11:51 AM
Sep 2015
zaidk said:
Go and talk about the mistakes of this episode in the other thread, that thread is for VN readers, here let us see how the anime onlies will react to the episode.

Or, you can just shift through the comments to find those only by anime viewers. This is a thread for discussion of the episode, and has not said anywhere that it is restricting VN readers.
Jul 23, 2016 11:52 AM

Jan 2016
Gigikasp said:

I deem, they will present each heroine's backstory and "quirks", because otherwise the story would be idle. Anime-only entities would be in bigger perplexity in which they are located now if it would be only about Kagari. But the second half of that anime is certainly reserved for Kagari.
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...

Apr 2015
sanata50lbsb said:
I don't know what people are talking about. This wasn't even Shizuru's route. This was in the common route..

Well, of course! I mean, technically it is, but you can't go a different route than Shizuru's after this event. And you know that, so please stop bullshiting.
Dec 2015
Shizuru's past is like the fast forward version of VN. I feel sad for several reasons.
Jul 23, 2016 11:55 AM

Jun 2013
sanata50lbsb said:

+1

This episode was the best imo. They managed to wrap up some Shizuru's development and

pretty well. I literally can't understand the complaints from the haters (well, thats their purpose in here i guess, to hate no matter what happens).

And yeah, this thread is getting really toxic and i think that we need some cleaning from the mods.
Jul 23, 2016 12:01 PM
Jun 2014
Aeroxe said:
zaidk said:

Or, you can just shift through the comments to find those only by anime viewers. This is a thread for discussion of the episode, and has not said anywhere that it is restricting VN readers.

Now there's an idea. You could make a separate thread for anime-only viewers.
Jul 23, 2016 12:03 PM

Jul 2013
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
sanata50lbsb said:

Well, of course! I mean, technically it is, but you can't go a different route than Shizuru's after this event. And you know that, so please stop bullshiting.

Oh well. They chose to include it. Get over it. Better this than her actual route.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 23, 2016 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
Feel bad for Lucia (class rep) I think she has OCD or something.
Jul 23, 2016 12:08 PM

Sep 2014
Going to be very hard for people to get hyped up for any anime related to key now I take it XD
Jul 23, 2016 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
PervertOlympus said:
JumBoRGiNo said:
Feel bad for Lucia (class rep) I think she has OCD or something.
want some spoil? hahaha

yes go ahead "some spoil" but not too much
Jul 23, 2016 12:13 PM
Dec 2015
JumBoRGiNo said:
PervertOlympus said:
want some spoil? hahaha

Jul 23, 2016 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
TK28 said:
JumBoRGiNo said:

ah not quite the ocd i was thinking about.
well i hope the anime has its own unique route or maybe mushishi/amagami SS style (3-4 episode story route switch)
Jul 23, 2016 12:16 PM

Nov 2014
The plot is everywhere
Shizu has powers?

Hi there
Jul 23, 2016 12:23 PM

Dec 2014
As an anime-only I felt the episode was fine.
Yoshino is a don xD

Shizuru's back story was really sad and it must have been really hard to have her parents forget about her. Perhaps the way in which her backstory was told might come of as fast but Imo it served it's purpose and had the impact it was supposed to have.

I'm still very interested in the lore of the world and why these superpowers and creatures exist.

So Lucia's backstory is next.

Will probably need to read the VN to understand what all the complaints are about, Then again you can't really expect the anime to be as detailed as the VN.
Lelouch0202Jul 23, 2016 12:27 PM
Jul 23, 2016 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
kyle8998 said:
The plot is everywhere
Shizu has powers?

Jul 23, 2016 12:57 PM
May 2015
I have to admit, Shizuru's backstory teared me up and yes, there were a bit of tears in my eye but it wasn't on the same level as Clannad After Story or YLAI.

The pacing though...I just don't like it.

Jul 23, 2016 12:58 PM

Mar 2011
Holy shit, reminded me how boring shizuru's route actually was...
Jul 23, 2016 12:59 PM

Nov 2013
KlapKlap said:

Don't you mean Akane's route?

I actually enjoyed Shizuru a lot, a bit rushed towards the end, but not the worse.

Akane instead had an awfully slow pacing that dragged for too long with nothing happening at all until right at the end where everything finished in no time...
Jul 23, 2016 1:06 PM

Mar 2011
VierMill said:
KlapKlap said:

I actually enjoyed Shizuru a lot, a bit rushed towards the end, but not the worse.
Sure, kotarou being completely boring was a lot more fun to read than he actually changing himself during the route and for the girl. But yeah, fuck character development unless they become a tree right?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

167 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

329 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.