Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2016 4:44 AM

Sep 2014
best thing about this episode?
second season confirmed :)
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 26, 2016 4:44 AM

Dec 2015
HiroMitamano said:
KonoYume said:

The guy was already freakishly strong in the first place.

Of course he was OP from the beginning but Midoriya said that he got stronger than 100% of his power and that was from one moment to another because we already saw in the beginning of the fight, that All Might had problems harming Nomu. I don't have a problem with people liking this but for ME it's not fitting. ^^

Not sure All might needs a power up since he's the most powerful hero strength wise.
I think Nomu's quirk wasnt Shock Nullification but Absorption. And from what we can get from OFA is that the user seems to use the strength of the previous user combined in a giant ball of energy or somethiing and so the user can combine OFA with their raw physical strength hence the 100+% thing. That's my two cents on this. ^^
Jun 26, 2016 4:47 AM

Jan 2014
What a fun and emotional ride this anime has been.

This 1st season woke up feelings from my past about trying and failing so many times back in middle school and high school and then doing all I could for those small victories to keep pushing me forward. I think every kid entering high school would really resonate with this anime hell I do and I finished High School a while ago XD

On top of that a 2nd season has been confirmed it really is Christmas in the summer time :D although I have heard rumors that it has received low view ratings in Japan but hopefully the hype train will help more manga volumes sell so we can get more seasons :D

Until then I will stay hopeful and I can't wait. Plus Ultra!

Jun 26, 2016 4:55 AM

Sep 2010
I really like this series and I am caught up with manga reading weekly. This was a great adaptation so far nothing to complain about a lot to prise.

For a long time I was quite sceptic of the series as the story at the beginning (meaning what we saw in this season) was good but nothing extraordinary. Still it's always better to start good and get better with time rather than other way around and this series does it.

The next arcs that we will see in next season will be even better than this and lastly there is also the arc that just ended in manga that finally bought me.

In general hurray that a good manga gets a good anime adaptation that it deserves. What's more even though it's a shounen, the long running anime series model is long since out of fashion but I actually much prefer for even long running shounen series to get anime in seasonal format. No need to worry about fillers, no need to worry about random quality drops in series either.

I already can't wait for the next season and I am happy that it's already announced... hurray!

Then again. Poor anime, it was really good, and I am fan of the manga but there is no way for this to get the anime of the season in my mind. Well next seasons will do better than that.
Jun 26, 2016 5:00 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome ep. Great finale. The Pro heroes arriving was really cool.

Sniper dude was BA. Shooting Shigaraki like that lol

Never thought I'd hear AfO's voice already. Oh man am I hype. There's no way they'd give him such a well known VA and not adapt THAT arc so we pretty much just confirmed S3&4 :3

Lol'd at Tsuyu listening to Aoyama who was being ignored just to be told "himitsu sa" XD

AND THE LAST SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAH BOIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I honestly thought that might be the end of S2 not S1
Jun 26, 2016 5:00 AM
Dec 2013
As a season finale, it was an average episode. The villains being defeated by getting shot at felt a bit cheap. Though I'm glad that Bones didn't give us a filler ending, which they couldn't have anyway since a second season is on the way. Pretty good anime, but some of the episodes were slow-paced, and it might've been better if it was 11 or 12 episodes instead, while still adapting 21 chapters. But it was a good adaptation nonetheless, with the first season finishing at the end of the USJ arc, and the whole season is more of an introduction.

I don't really enjoy that many anime made by Bones, but Boku no Hero Academia is one of 3 anime TV series I genuinely like that came from Bones (the other two being Gosick and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0; I also like Sword of the Stranger, but that's a movie). But as far as superhero anime goes, I like One Punch Man better, which was also 1-cour. And as a battle shounen, even though a lot of them went on for dozens of episodes, but for the ones I've watched, I'd say that Boku no Hero Academia was more enjoyable than Reborn, D.Gray-man, Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist (2003).

So yeah, I'm looking forward to the second season. The series supposedly gets better and darker the more it progresses, so I can't wait for when that happens. And I'm also looking forward to Bones' adaptation of Mob Psycho 100 next season.
wildhoodJun 26, 2016 5:23 AM
Jun 26, 2016 5:05 AM

Jun 2009
Woo, nice episode and a nice season overall.

Really glad to see Stain at the end of the episode, next season is going to be so much fun. ^^

Hope at the end of the second season they'll have news of a third season.
Jun 26, 2016 5:06 AM

Aug 2015
Did anyone else laugh their ass off when Shigaraki thought it was over and then got shot about four times?
StarisametaphorJun 26, 2016 5:17 AM
...At least let me finish.

Jun 26, 2016 5:08 AM
Jan 2014
Pretty boring and uneventful way to end this mediocre series.
Jun 26, 2016 5:09 AM

Jan 2011
This was a fantastic final episode to season one. I loved the scene when the pro heroes finally came in to save the day. I literally shouted 'It's high noon!' when Snipe showed up and shot Shiragaki and the other villains with his gun: definitely play of the game. xD

I really like the dynamic with All Might being saved by Deku. Looks like Shiragaki is really pissed off at Deku now and sees him as a target. The after credits scene with the tease of a new villain has got me really curious. Looks like I'll be reading the manga now. Really glad to is getting a season 2; can't wait for it!
9/10
Jun 26, 2016 5:18 AM

Jul 2013
that stain foreshadowing was hype as fuck

gives me hope that they actually adapt a proper amount of manga chapters next season
Jun 26, 2016 5:19 AM
Oct 2010
Darius said:
6/10

Not an average, but I wouldn't say it was good, too. The last couple of episodes were nice but otherwise the whole show was a drag. Like a really long long intro.

Honestly that is exactly what it is. The show will really take off from here. When I was reading the manga I thought the same way like you, I was wondering when it would really start, but damn when it does it just doesn't stop.
Jun 26, 2016 5:26 AM

Jan 2011
Damn, wasn't expecting that guy to get shot up so bad.
Jun 26, 2016 5:35 AM
Jul 2018
Good series, I just hope the pacing next season isn't so glacial
Jun 26, 2016 5:35 AM

Mar 2013
It was bland, will not watch S2.
Jun 26, 2016 5:37 AM

Feb 2015
This has been a very good, consistent show. I'm glad it didn't go downhill. Definitely going to watch the 2nd season. 8/10
Jun 26, 2016 5:39 AM
Aug 2013
That bluff tho good one All Might, I liked how the cowboy guy sniped tomura or whatever hes called, it was out of nowhere and tomura was like wtf xD. Ending dude looked awesome
Jun 26, 2016 5:41 AM

Jul 2012
The Manga was Great and All but since this is an Action Genre then the Anime is better. LOVE the Adaptation especially the OSTs.
Jun 26, 2016 5:50 AM

Oct 2015
Good over all. Some definite sluggish pacing and fall in animation quality at times but I still enjoyed seeing this manga come to life. Really liked Mcree, Mic and Ectoplasm's animations.

This was only an introduction into MHA as you see the students don't really do much and the plot has yet to be put into motion. Season 2 is where things get off the ground and I can't wait.

Solid 7/10 for season 1.
Jun 26, 2016 5:55 AM

Oct 2011
Great ending & I loved the preview of everyone's favorite villain ;)

Jun 26, 2016 5:58 AM

Jul 2012
HiroMitamano said:
KonoYume said:

Not sure All might needs a power up since he's the most powerful hero strength wise.
I think Nomu's quirk wasnt Shock Nullification but Absorption. And from what we can get from OFA is that the user seems to use the strength of the previous user combined in a giant ball of energy or somethiing and so the user can combine OFA with their raw physical strength hence the 100+% thing. That's my two cents on this. ^^

Ok, yeah that could explain things.
It's not going to influence my rating because it was rather minor but it's good to know that there is more thought to it than many other battle shounen. Although I hope that the plot armor in the future season(s) is not too strong because of the editor/publisher of the manga series and that the fights get less predictable. I think that was the major issue why I couldn't take it too serious. :/ :D

Guys, this is shounen, please don't complain about plot armor, I mean there is no such thing as shounen with no plot armor.

Yes, I totally agree that this type of shounen is fresh and unique and one of my fav this season (since most are crap). All Might Should NOT have power ups since his character is designed to be a super nerfed OP character who's power is declining in order to pass his legacy to our MC. I believe this show is more focused on character development rather than fighting. Gotta love their characters, there's nothing too serious to complain about.
Jun 26, 2016 6:01 AM

Aug 2015
What a awsome show and perfect adaption.
Other studios should take notes.
All Might still reminds me of Roger from OP.
See u guys in the next season, i already miss this show!
Jun 26, 2016 6:02 AM
May 2016
Nice ending, can't wait for the 2nd cour >.< PLUS ULTRA!
Jun 26, 2016 6:08 AM

Feb 2013
Epic scene when the heroes arrived.
Deku saved All Might, but man, it hurts to see those legs broken.
Jun 26, 2016 6:16 AM

Oct 2008
Underwhelming ending to a mediocre series. While there were a few thing I liked here and there this series for the most part overuses the tired old shone formula which we have seen so many times in the past at this point.

6/10
Jun 26, 2016 6:28 AM

Apr 2014
Can't believe there are people calling this anime a "mediocre" show when the anime was just an adaptation of the manga.
Welp, that's what to expect with those anime only watchers which is really sickening and a cancer to the anime industry that doing all kinds of adaptation.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 26, 2016 6:31 AM
Jan 2014
Rayzer said:
Can't believe there are people calling this anime a "mediocre" show when the anime was just an adaptation of the manga.
Welp, that's what to expect with those anime only watchers which is really sickening and a cancer to the anime industry that doing all kinds of adaptation.

What are you even talking about?
Jun 26, 2016 6:34 AM

Jan 2008
Great adaption. Now comes the long wait for the second season.

I hope that they will adapt the whole manga one day, but with these short seasons, it is very unlikely.
Jun 26, 2016 6:36 AM

Apr 2014
ItsXolo said:
Rayzer said:

I'm taking about people like you.
This anime was created for the manga fans.
And yet anime only watchers bitch about it.
Jun 26, 2016 6:36 AM

May 2013
+ Music
+ Some good animation in a couple of fights

- Art quality
- Pacing

7/10

I'm not sure if I'll watch the next season because in the next arc there's nothing I'm interested in seeing animated.
Jun 26, 2016 6:40 AM

Jul 2015
Rayzer said:
ItsXolo said:

I'm taking about people like you.
This anime was created for the manga fans.
And yet anime only watchers bitch about it.

The anime is an advertisement for the manga. So no, that is not totally the case.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
Jun 26, 2016 6:44 AM

Apr 2014
@Nakurawari,
Yes it is, But the point is Bones just adapted the manga almost perfectly so they won't get bashed by the manga readers.
Jun 26, 2016 6:46 AM

Jul 2015
Rayzer said:
@Nakurawari,
Yes it is, But the point is Bones just adapted the manga almost perfectly so they won't get bashed by the manga readers.

I'm a manga reader, and I still think the pacing was off. Was it an accurate adaptation? Yes. However, you can't disregard a complaint just because it's from someone who doesn't read it.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
Jun 26, 2016 6:53 AM

Apr 2014
Nakurawari said:
Rayzer said:
@Nakurawari,

I'm a manga reader, and I still think the pacing was off. Was it an accurate adaptation? Yes. However, you can't disregard a complaint just because it's from someone who doesn't read it.

Yeah I know, but anime only watchers always complains because they didn't know something good was next.
And Bones won't rush every thing just for the sake of those people's satisfaction.
Lastly, A sequel was announced that's why this was in a slow pace.
Jun 26, 2016 6:58 AM

May 2015
Yeah, that was an awesome finale. This show had it all when it comes to action - great battles with some awesome OST. More than enough to make me enjoy. I can't wait for the second season. 10/10.

Jun 26, 2016 7:01 AM
Feb 2016
This anime ended so soon, I'm sad to see it go, now I'm of to the manga.

The MC almost made me cry a few time (and I'm over 20) with his determination, I really love the underdog characters.

I was also happy to see some pro's in action and am seriously hyped for the second season.

But this isn't on my top 10 Shōnens, so I'll give this a 8/10 because it was really fun.
Jun 26, 2016 7:07 AM

Jun 2015
I want more of bakugou, Ochako and Tsuyu Asui

I need season 2!
A strong 8/10
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jun 26, 2016 7:10 AM

Aug 2015
Meh, not quite my tempo.

5/10
Jun 26, 2016 7:11 AM

Nov 2015
Good stuff right there. This 2nd season should be an interesting one. There are a bunch of questions still waiting to be answered. What strange kind of animal is the principal? Who was the mysterious swordsman at the end of the credits? Where was the secret location Navel Laser guy was at? These urgent questions demand answers.
Jun 26, 2016 7:12 AM

Aug 2008
Season 2, please come quick. Can't wait.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 26, 2016 7:18 AM

Oct 2008
Rayzer said:

Yeah I know, but anime only watchers always complains because they didn't know something good was next.
And Bones won't rush every thing just for the sake of those people's satisfaction.
Lastly, A sequel was announced that's why this was in a slow pace.

This might be, but this doesn't improve this season in any way. The story and characters where more or less the same as any other shone and this is what makes this show mediocre. There is nothing that hasn't been done already and much better buy other shows at least up to this point. You say season 2 will be better but the show itself hasn't shown anything radically new and exiting to make me want to pick up the manga.
Jun 26, 2016 7:26 AM

Mar 2013
as a manga reader, it was a great adaptation for me. It is really rare to see such adaptations these days.

Looking forward to seeing second season !!^^

9/10
Jun 26, 2016 7:38 AM

Apr 2014
@Irondragon,
Coming from a non manga reader won't qualify to judge an adaptation.
It should be always source material then the anime adaptation.
This is basically why they don't know what's going.

And what do you even want? A fucked up adaptation that would be going to anime original ending?
It's announced to be an adaptation, so those who didn't know the source material should just shut up and keep the hate for themselves.
Heck, Why do I even entertain a few dislikers/haters who just had a lot of free time to spread their hate/disapprovement.
Jun 26, 2016 7:41 AM
Jan 2014
Rayzer said:
@Nakurawari,

Anime and manga are two very different mediums.

Mindlessly adapting a manga to anime 1:1 is almost never the best way to do things.
Jun 26, 2016 7:42 AM

Apr 2014
Time for manga now. Can someone say from which chapter to continue?
Jun 26, 2016 7:45 AM

Apr 2014
@SpawnOfSatan,
At chapter 21, but if you got free time read from the beginning.
ItsXolo said:
Rayzer said:
@Nakurawari,

Mindlessly adapting a manga to anime 1:1 is almost never the best way to do things.

Yes, but what are you even trying to say? Yes they are different in form.
But the point is they have the same story to be told.
Those few haters here should move on, and go to other anime to bitch about.

RayzerJun 26, 2016 7:51 AM
Jun 26, 2016 7:46 AM

Apr 2016
SpawnOfSatan said:
Time for manga now. Can someone say from which chapter to continue?

Chapter 21, though personally I suggest to eventually read the adapted chapters as some things were better conveyed in the manga.
Jun 26, 2016 7:50 AM
Jan 2014
Rayzer said:
@SpawnOfSatan,
At chapter 19, but if you got free time read from the beginning.
ItsXolo said:

Yes, but what are you even trying to say? Yes they are different in form.
But the point is they have the same story to be told.
Those few haters here should move on, and go to other anime to bitch about.

You take such offense to the notion that somebody might not like what you like that you go into this weird 'HULK SMASH' mode where you completely turn off your brain, and it makes it very difficult to have a discussion around you.
Jun 26, 2016 7:50 AM
Feb 2012
My hope Midoria could control own power in the second season (someday will be the second All Might)
Jun 26, 2016 7:53 AM

Apr 2014
@ItsXolo,
Sorry mate, I don't much free time like you had.
Ask someone to to entertain you while I'm off.
P.S. Read my signature.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

278 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

297 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

217 by Apreggi »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

263 by Apreggi »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

334 by Apreggi »»
Today, 1:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.