Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 11, 2015 6:47 PM

Aug 2015
seems like everyone discusses something off-topic here o.O

@OP

tbh there's no reason to put this in OP if they not going to make season 4, but the question is when?
Sep 12, 2015 12:59 AM
Oct 2014
xKula said:

@OP

tbh there's no reason to put this in OP if they not going to make season 4, but the question is when?

last episode maybe
Sep 12, 2015 2:16 AM

Jul 2007
xKula said:

Certain harassment group/clique cant help but attack anyone who dares to say anything remotely bad about ufotable. Nothing new.

azurekaito15 said:
xKula said:

@OP

last episode maybe

Stop joking or being delusional please. It is awfully clear we won't reach that part of manga this season. The studio is making sure to end it on the very specific point.
Sep 12, 2015 7:10 AM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
xKula said:

Certain harassment group/clique cant help but attack anyone who dares to say anything remotely bad about ufotable. Nothing new.

More like people can't stop being salty over their purist views being shitted over

mangamuscle said:
MightyM16 said:
UBW is shitty because it did not follow word by word of the VN? Give me a break

Again you are completely off the mark. Whether an adaptation is good or bad is purely subjective. .

>F/Z and F/SN UBW aren't perfect adaptations
>Some scenes were badly adapted and some ,in F/Z case, even skipped

What you said:
*If ufotable had made UBW first and then F/Z, everybody would be praising them.* thus saying F/Z was that much better as an adaptation compared to UBW

Bias much? F/Z had almost the exact same problems as F/SN UBW yet everyone considers it a superior adaptation by a big margin why's that if not because their purist views regarding the VN weren't fully satisfied?

tl;dr: It has nothing to do with subjective opinions or not, it has to do with people being pissed off and bias because they wanted it to be perfect kinda like a girl in her prom night

Regarding the disc sales, there is a whole bucnch of factors in there too like what another poster put back in the previous page, for example it might not even be a question of people not wanting to buy it but more like they can't buy because
of Japan's current economic situation and thus money had to be put for better use, regardless this doesn't changes the fact Fate was the 9th more successfull franchise in the first semester
Sep 12, 2015 10:43 AM

May 2013
MightyM16 said:

What you said:
*If ufotable had made UBW first and then F/Z, everybody would be praising them.* thus saying F/Z was that much better as an adaptation compared to UBW

Again you are completely off the mark. Third time is a charm? UBW sold more than DEEN FS/N. F/Z sold more than UBW. This is not about money, UBW less made than expected therefore the anxiety/dread from the fan community. But people like you are in total negation, this is no slow decline like after many many cours that bakemonogatari had, this is a sharp decline that might affect the future of the franchise (aka HF movie).

Talking about japan's economic situation is graspin at straws since their economic situation has been less than good since the year 2000, as I said before, The nile so great as to be ever present.
Sep 12, 2015 12:52 PM

Mar 2015
mangamuscle said:
MightyM16 said:

What you said:

Again you are completely off the mark. Third time is a charm? UBW sold more than DEEN FS/N. F/Z sold more than UBW. This is not about money, UBW less made than expected therefore the anxiety/dread from the fan community. But people like you are in total negation, this is no slow decline like after many many cours that bakemonogatari had, this is a sharp decline that might affect the future of the franchise (aka HF movie).

Talking about japan's economic situation is graspin at straws since their economic situation has been less than good since the year 2000, as I said before, The nile so great as to be ever present.

And I'm saying that you're wrong due to not factoring external factors that are sure to have affected the sales in one way or another, it doesn't matter if Japan's situation isn't great since 2000, what matters is that the situation now is relatively worse than three years before when F/Z had it's BD box launched

You're also wrong on implying UBW didn't made enough to cover the budget while also having no information on the budget whatsoever

These are not a negation, these are facts which you try to distort so you can somehow say the situation is bad while having no actual proof that it's actually bad other than the vague statement that is "obviously it's doing bad because it didn't surpassed F/Z" while also forgetting Fate was still in the top ten of high selling franchises in Japan the first semester

At the same time you also try to imply that Ufo will have problems with HF while having no proof whatsoever

Basically, you're just someone who is trying too hard at selling your idea that these informations are enough to determine that UBW failed when actually you lack enough information to truly back up your conjectures
MightyM16Sep 14, 2015 3:17 PM
Sep 12, 2015 8:25 PM

Mar 2008
Getting back on topic. Yeah, I'm hoping that they follow the pattern and announce Drei's adaptation in episode 10.

The seasons we've gotten so far have been great, but damn that material needs to be covered. I know it will kind of force them to go further than the 10 episode limit they've been doing so far just to reach good stopping points, but it'd be worth it.

The little hints in the OP are nice and it is a good sign that they seem to be sticking with the material to the end. But we just can't be sure until they announce it. If they don't...we are left in limbo.
Sep 12, 2015 10:54 PM

Aug 2015
azurekaito15 said:
xKula said:

@OP

last episode maybe
Uhh, i didnt mean it that way. he's not going to play any role in season 4 anyways. we need season 5 to reach him, ( unless season 4 is ~24 episodes).

@off-topic
but isnt UBW used more budget than FZ? ( i dont really know since i dont do much research, sorry if i'm wrong)

if they putted more budget into UBW that mean they expected the sale to be better than FZ and the fact that it hasn't reached FZ's sale (yet?) mean that it's undersold.
Sep 12, 2015 11:35 PM
Jul 2015
xKula said:
azurekaito15 said:

last episode maybe
Uhh, i didnt mean it that way. he's not going to play any role in season 4 anyways. we need season 5 to reach him, ( unless season 4 is ~24 episodes).

@off-topic
but isnt UBW used more budget than FZ? ( i dont really know since i dont do much research, sorry if i'm wrong)

if they putted more budget into UBW that mean they expected the sale to be better than FZ and the fact that it hasn't reached FZ's sale (yet?) mean that it's undersold.

No one really know the budget and UBW was filled was talking heads and wasn't really great(the art is good like most of Ufo shows but the animation wasn't except for the very short battle scene and still some of the fights werent impressive like Episode 3)

Show like Hibike and Kekkai sensen was better and sold less than UBW and they are considered success.

Also Japanese fans seems fine with the adaptation especially with Miura winning best director of the year lol.
Sep 12, 2015 11:45 PM

Aug 2015
Ahh, from what you've said we also cant consider UBW as success too. since unless the sale is meet or exceed their expectation we cant call it success.

if i were the director, i'd expect its sale to be better than FZ. why?
-The original content of FSN is better than original content of FZ.
-The original content of FSN is more popular than FZ.
Sep 13, 2015 12:09 AM
Jul 2015
xKula said:
Ahh, from what you've said we also cant consider UBW as success too. since unless the sale is meet or exceed their expectation we cant call it success.

You don't really know what the ufotable expected, what matter here that they didn't lose money and they probably made a lot of money.
Sep 13, 2015 12:15 AM

Aug 2015
>probably

well it's a debate on guessing anyways, there's no way we can have conclusion.
Sep 13, 2015 3:35 PM

Mar 2015
xKula said:

-- Original content of F/SN is Fate; UBW and HF , so while UBW is only 1/3 of everything, F/Z is a complete story
So I'd say F/Z is superior to each route individually while together they are better than F/Z

-- UBW had a movie adaptation launched two years before, casuals most likely already knew the story while zero was relatively a new thing since the LN didn't sell nearly as much as the F/SN VN
But while as you say the original content of F/SN is more popular than zero we don't know how does the original content of the UBW route is taken in japan

Once again there are a lot of others factors regarding the sales, there is no way to tell if they ultimately disappointed ufo or not
People trying to paint the sales as a failure are coming up with no sense conjectures while disregarding facts such like Fate being in the top ten high selling franchises in the first semester

MightyM16Sep 14, 2015 3:16 PM
Sep 14, 2015 12:37 PM

Aug 2014
xKula said:

@OP

Ever hear of Medaka Box?
[s]...Not bitter.[s]
Sep 14, 2015 1:47 PM

May 2013
AllenNoah said:
Ever hear of Medaka Box?
[s]...Not bitter.[s]

How about Oda Nobuna no Yabou? The series ends with then basically announcing a sequel that never materialized. The same happened with Kamisama Dolls.

Yeah, I am so bitter than when I suck on a lemon, the lemon makes funny faces >_<
mangamuscleSep 14, 2015 4:34 PM
Sep 14, 2015 3:47 PM

Nov 2010
Little off topic...

mangamuscle said:
How about Oda Nobuna no Yabou? The series ends with then basically announcing a sequel that never materialized.

Probably for the better, seeing how they went anime-original

Who knows what mess would transpire out of that.
Sasuga Madhouse.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 14, 2015 10:43 PM

Jul 2007
mangamuscle said:
AllenNoah said:
Ever hear of Medaka Box?
[s]...Not bitter.[s]

How about Oda Nobuna no Yabou? The series ends with then basically announcing a sequel that never materialized. The same happened with Kamisama Dolls.

Yeah, I am so bitter than when I suck on a lemon, the lemon makes funny faces >_<

Kamisama Dolls ended its first season with a LITERAL TRAILER for Season 2...which never happened because the BDs bombed for w/e reason.
Sep 14, 2015 10:49 PM

Jan 2011
If it doesn't happen I'll be mad.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2015

75 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

170 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 4, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

97 by Karva1 »»
Feb 21, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2015

55 by Karva1 »»
Feb 21, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

85 by Karva1 »»
Feb 20, 10:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.