Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 15, 2015 1:42 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, things are really starting to change now. We've been making predictions based on subtle hints but it looks like Yukinon finally spoke her mind. "we weren't all that close to begin with."

Holy shit damn, guess Yukinon doesn't see any value in their current relationship, and I don't blame her.
May 15, 2015 1:46 AM

May 2013
Yukino could read him like a book and it's so hilarious! So, Yukino basically said that Hachiman should stop forcing himself to go the club. I'm sensing guilt from both Yukino and Hachiman. Yukino's ending song, which was sung by her alone, was a good thing since it came to that conversation.
May 15, 2015 1:46 AM
Jul 2014
The feeling that Yukinon portrayed of being happy and sad at the same time was what really got me in this episode, and 8man is certainly changing from his old self! (Not much of a loner now is he?)
Tell me if I'm wrong, but i think Yukinon is sad because 8man is starting to go on his own path without the club right? And also the fact that she can't do anything in this situation.
May 15, 2015 1:49 AM

Mar 2015
Eizaki said:
The feeling that Yukinon portrayed of being happy and sad at the same time was what really got me in this episode, and 8man is certainly changing from his old self! (Not much of a loner now is he?)
Tell me if I'm wrong, but i think Yukinon is sad because 8man is starting to go on his own path without the club right? And also the fact that she can't do anything in this situation.

Hmm... I'm thinking of Yukinon don't want to be a bother to Hachiman, because Hachiman is pretty much doing a double timing thing, going to the club while at the same time working with Iroha. Or maybe... Yukinon is getting jealous of Hachiman getting closer to Iroha lol.

May 15, 2015 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
Eizaki said:

You're wrong about the '8man going on his own path'
but 'She can't do anything' is right seeing that the one who has been able to get the requests done is Hachiman even though the way he does it is bad. And because while Yukino, Yui and 8man is able to create a solution together, they don't often succeed making Hachiman do it his own way. (Wrong answer, this is more of a general answer not specifically for your question though.)

But then again, she can actually do something about this situation. She may be sad because 8man looks to her as if he's forcing himself to go there just to comfort them. Kinda like what 8man thought when he found out Yui was the owner of the dog he saved. I thought about this way too much I think.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
removed-userMay 15, 2015 2:18 AM
May 15, 2015 2:02 AM

Dec 2014
That ED i hate it, i'd rather here a cheerful Yukinon than a depressed one. :)

Totsuka x Hikki date. XD

Naoki-Saten said:
I was pretty sure that Kaori would blurt out the whole rejection thing in front of Iroha. But she actually didn't act insensitive for the first time ever. Really took me by surprise. Hikigaya Hachiman, what kind of magic did you use??

That ed theme hit me really hard. Looks like we're in for some intense stuff next episode.

On a side note, it kinda looks like most people on this forum only watch the series in order to find some characters to project their hatred at.

Yes, Orimoto doing that gave a reaction from Hikki. :) He did not expect that.

Another omitted scene of Saki... ...
But Yui's eyes... Shining, shimmering, splendid. XD
May 15, 2015 2:03 AM

May 2012
Oh daaamn so much happened in this episode.

They put Komachi's Christmas wishlist in this episode instead of the previous
and we got some sibling love while they're having a warm time under the kotatsu

Yui with puppy eyes and a cute smile of relief

Hayato's "confession" to Hachiman

Tsurumi Rumi makes a return

Totsuka's trap scene. I laughed so hard when this came up. XD

Iroha's encounter with Kaori while with Hachiman
Kaori doesn't blurt out that he liked her in the past, unlike what happened when they met with Haruno, much to Hachiman's surprise

Hachiman's course of action is just like how Yukino handled the Culture Festival request

Oh oh is this a flag?

Then there's this encounter

And finally the conversation between the two effectively concludes the episode
I have to say that I liked Hayami Saori's voice acting for Yukino in this scene. I think she was able to show Yukino's feelings very well.

Yukino looks like she's about to cry
This episode does justice for her as a character.

The episode title used is the title of chapter 0 of volume 9
Next episode's title uses the title of chapter 6
May 15, 2015 2:04 AM

Mar 2012
Jeez, what a way to go. It's painful mainly because 8man has been breaking his back to try and make things better for the club, specifically Yuki. What she said to him wasn't wrong; they weren't that close because all of season 1 was really awkward interactions with the occasional drama, and they never really established themselves as 'friends'. Although, recently Yui is the one who sees him for what he is and understands that he tries, but his loner nature won't change overnight. 8man himself is questioning his actions constantly, so it's not like he doesn't care. Perhaps what stings the most about what Yuki said is how it feels like after all he's done he's just made it worse. What's a guy supposed to do about that? yeesh.
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
May 15, 2015 2:05 AM

Oct 2014
As usual 5/5.

Definetly shaping up to be AOTS, not that i had any doubts :D
May 15, 2015 2:12 AM

May 2010
RukuYano said:
Oh daaamn so much happened in this episode.

Yukino looks like she's about to cry
This episode does justice for her as a character.

Yeah I noticed that too!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 15, 2015 2:28 AM
Feb 2013
This episode was unreal. Fantastic series, definitely.
May 15, 2015 3:02 AM

Jan 2011
RukuYano said:

Hachiman's course of action is just like how Yukino handled the Culture Festival request

When a support becomes a carry.

Kaori still annoying as ever in meetings but maybe she learned her lesson about humiliating Hachiman after the whole incident with Hayama.

More Hachiman and Komachi bonding time. Such a warm feeling.

Finally Yukino puts it out there. And now his doubts are further reinforced with Rumi making an appearance once again. She's still alone even after "breaking down her relationships".

Looks like his Christmas might become a bad one.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
May 15, 2015 3:16 AM
May 2014
Naoki-Saten said:
I was pretty sure that Kaori would blurt out the whole rejection thing in front of Iroha. But she actually didn't act insensitive for the first time ever. Really took me by surprise. Hikigaya Hachiman, what kind of magic did you use??

That ed theme hit me really hard. Looks like we're in for some intense stuff next episode.

On a side note, it kinda looks like most people on this forum only watch the series in order to find some characters to project their hatred at.
It's not Hikigaya's magic this time, but it's how Hayama helped instead.
May 15, 2015 3:17 AM

Apr 2013
That slow paced ED song. Definitely hits the spot, or should I say, feels.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

May 15, 2015 3:24 AM

Jan 2011
next episode will be the trigger.
May 15, 2015 3:31 AM

Dec 2013
Decent episode. Wished that chick would stop preaching!
May 15, 2015 3:36 AM

Apr 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Decent episode. Wished that chick would stop preaching!

What's the worth of the stupid ex-crush anyway? All she says are "preach it" and "that's good". It's annoying.

For Yukino, this girl needs some hugs from Hiki. She's asking for it. You can feel it in her words. The scene was perfect. I'm a Yui shipper but Yukino needs comforting. She's like at the edge of breaking.
#CHEXIT
May 15, 2015 3:40 AM

Nov 2014
My favorite part was the Rumi scene. She was so cute.

Imeon said:

What's the worth of the stupid ex-crush anyway? All she says are "preach it" and "that's good". It's annoying.

It's good for comic relief.
May 15, 2015 3:43 AM
May 2014
OFC :D GIMME

and honestly, I had enough of Orimoto's "preach it". Seriously, all that manpower wasted during countless meetings and getting nothing done.

YUS YUKINO'S SOLO BALLAD :D

I can't wait for Yui's turn at the ED
May 15, 2015 3:50 AM

Jul 2012
Yep that ending was amazing, those feels :O. So Yukinon is basically saying farewell and goodluck on solving things alone, you don't need to come to the club anymore....
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 15, 2015 3:53 AM
Jun 2013
Great ep, that ED really set the tone for next ep. I feel kinda bad for Yukino. She started the service club on her own but now she doesn't even serve a purpose.
Also I'm glad they fleshed her character out a bit more, Yukino can go back to being best girl
EchoFringe49May 15, 2015 3:56 AM
May 15, 2015 3:56 AM

Apr 2015
VarunaBles said:

Imeon said:

Well, it's not funny anymore.
#CHEXIT
May 15, 2015 3:58 AM

Dec 2013
Imeon said:
VarunaBles said:

Agreed. It's just annoying.
May 15, 2015 4:01 AM

Apr 2015
More reasons to hate group activities as the duties will always get passed on to whoever couldn't read the mood or something.

Source is me.

About Rumi's screentime, is it just me or it feels like all the manual labor was passed on her while the others are just lazying around? I hope she'll tell 8man if this is the case, and hoping that handy prez realize he's also doing the same.

And about Yukinoshita's screentime here, damn that was heavy. It really feels like its no longer about the club anymore. Ultimately both will gonna have to make their own choices and none can really tell which is the right answer.

Personally I chose solitude. Here's hoping 8man would do the same.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 15, 2015 4:01 AM

Jan 2011
Can this show get any better?
May 15, 2015 4:13 AM

Apr 2008
That final scene was executed so beautifully and heart-wrenching. I would say even better than the novel. The piano piece just made it even better.

I can't wait for the next episodes already. The feels.

May 15, 2015 4:14 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
AlexGK said:

If all goes according to plan, next episode man. It's going to be sublime.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 15, 2015 4:31 AM

Jan 2011
Farabeuf said:
AlexGK said:

Cant wait then :)
Oh, wait, that is how I usually feel after every episode lately, so nothing new then :D

SkyTate said:

You mean Iroha stealing the show from Yui/Yukino or 8man ordering Iroha around like a boss?
Or maybe both? :D
AlexGKMay 15, 2015 4:35 AM
May 15, 2015 4:36 AM
Sep 2013
SkyTate said:
RukuYano said:

Feels like a certain MOBA lol

just watched with sub, that yukino conversation is so deep......
fast forward to next week pls
May 15, 2015 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
Next episode should be genuinely good. Don't disappoint us now, Feel.
May 15, 2015 4:40 AM

Jan 2011
Iroha's rejections getting more and more confession-like, hilarious. And 8man even retaliates this time, even more so :D
Fuck, I cant remove the grin out of my face for some reason. Actually I know the reason - I love it when supports steal the show :)
May 15, 2015 4:47 AM

Jun 2014
meh, the last 2 episodes have been bland imo :|
:3
May 15, 2015 5:04 AM

Feb 2015
Naoki-Saten said:

Right? Right? Malers seem to be pretty violent people.

Nayre said:

The episode titles are already out up to the 10th. Volume 9 will have 5 episodes.
May 15, 2015 5:08 AM

Feb 2014
Damn that ending... why do you do this to me... hope everything goes back to normal soon enough, though I should not have high hopes for it.
May 15, 2015 5:20 AM

Nov 2014
Imeon said:
G_Spark233 said:
Agreed. It's just annoying.

Well, to me, it's the fact that it's annoyingly exaggerated which makes it funny. I can understand you, though. It really is annoying.
May 15, 2015 5:40 AM

Oct 2013
ExpatAmoeba said:
Decent episode. But that council president are really getting on my nerve. Someone please punch that useless president already.

I know right , I was hoping that someone will do something ... maybe that little girl they helped or even 8man ... ugh hopefully someone will .

Otherwise , it was good episode .
May 15, 2015 5:44 AM

Nov 2010
I swear if these characters where put in a rpg environment they would die simply from the lack of communication between them.
I guess Yukino really wanted the club to end as it was tying her to too many people, as trying to make herself as rude and as difficult to understand as possible was really alarming.

With this sudden uproot of the club i wonder how the rest of the characters are going to handle themselves, with me i would have taken a week off from school and told them i was sick then come back later, too much drama for me.

May 15, 2015 6:06 AM

Sep 2012
That final moment was pretty melancholic
Oh god who are you people?
May 15, 2015 6:12 AM

Oct 2014
SOMEONE PLEASE SLAP THAT PRESIDENT
May 15, 2015 6:16 AM

Sep 2013
Komachi is so sweet! I love her <3
May 15, 2015 6:25 AM

Apr 2011
Nice ep, but need more story.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
May 15, 2015 6:29 AM

Mar 2011
Nayre said:

first of all,we don't have vol 9.5
May 15, 2015 6:29 AM

Sep 2007
Komachi is damn adorable!

May 15, 2015 6:35 AM

Jan 2015
I don't like Yukino but i hate seeing them like that. She basically told him to fuck off without Yui's approve. Y U DO DIS YUKINON?
May 15, 2015 6:44 AM

Jun 2013
dude enough with the hand gestures!!! and Hachiman dismissing his gay vibes with sickness lol
May 15, 2015 6:47 AM

Jan 2015
Kaori's acting a bit out of character this episode. She chose not to make fun of Hachiman when she had the chance, to Hachiman's surprise. I like how supporting characters like her are getting decent development.
Also, I didn't find the preview that annoying unlike some of you guys did. She was basically agreeing with the president's vision but in the end asks "What are we going to discuss?", indicating that she wants to proceed with more concrete planning rather than abstract babbling. Knowing her characteristic bluntness and not mincing her words, I sure hope she's the one who calls the president out on his bullshit. Otherwise, she'd have no role at all during those meetings so what's the point of including her there?
Another week of waiting. Damn.

AlexGK said:
Farabeuf said:

Cant wait then :)
Oh, wait,

Sorry, can't.
May 15, 2015 6:59 AM

Apr 2010
In short things are going nowhere but there where a few things that went right.
Seems Tsurumi understood what Hikki was trying to do which was nice.

I was wondering if Yukino would join it at some point but right now that seems unlikely, with the way things are standing right now.
Well i guess we will have to see next week.

And before i forget, Sore Aru!!
May 15, 2015 7:02 AM

Sep 2014
Alright that was a good episode. I'm glad since I thought it'd be as bad as last week's. Anyways, liked Komachi's cuteness as usual(maybe she's even more cute now, idk lol). Seeing Rumi again was cool too. Best part was at the end though, with 8man's talk with Yukinoshita. I sorta wanted a confession lmao. Anyways, good stuff. Can't wait for the next episode.
May 15, 2015 7:05 AM

Aug 2014
Hey, the-i-don't-remember-her-name-loli is back. Didn't expect that, quite a nice surprise.
Again, I don't like the atmosphere in the clubroom, and conversation between Hikki and Yukino in this episode. It feels awkward for some reason..
My favorite part:
Is this a disease?
It cannot be a disease.
It is a disease.
-by: Disease-
lol Hikki in front of Saika! xD
Will all of these ends in the next episode? Also, the preview was funny. :P
May 15, 2015 7:06 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This episode gave me mixed feelings. While I did enjoy seeing Komachi, the ending with Yukino was so depressing. Pretty much releasing Hikki from the club and telling him he can stop forcing himself to come and looking out for them.

I sort of felt like he was gonna ask Yukino for help but she wouldn't let him speak or he didn't have the courage to ask her. She probably would have rejected his help, or she probably would have accepted since it would have been a surprise to her due to Hikki doing stuff all alone. Either way, I hope Yukino takes over in that committee, the moving hands guy doesn't know what he is doing.

It was nice seeing Hikki interact with the little girl, I think her name was Rumi. She was cheerful at the end. Sort of reminded me of a smaller version of Yukino.

Lastly, Hikki's face when the white haired guy was taking off his scarf lol

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hachiman ended up with Yukino right ❓❓❓

neel_senpai - May 30

17 by neel_senpai »»
Yesterday, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1003 by ViSpace »»
May 30, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

557 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2015

480 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2015

544 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.