Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 11, 2015 4:04 PM

Jan 2014
mg021 said:
Candyman5OS said:

Sitri Rating game wont be in this season.

why wouldn't it be in this season? the rating game against the Sitri family is the second half of volume 5, which the anime is currently covering.
Transcend said:
Candyman5OS said:

Sitri Rating game wont be in this season.
It is, it's just happening later in the season. Around episode 6.

I swear I read somewhere that it wont be in the Anime and was cut. I think Ishi's blog. Maybe I was wrong but I swear I read that.
"It's not about the underwear, but what lies beyond it, beyond the reach of man, and carries the dreams of all men"
-Hyoudou Issei
Apr 11, 2015 4:16 PM

Nov 2010
Issei's voice crack at the very beginning lmao.
Kizek-kunApr 11, 2015 4:19 PM
Apr 11, 2015 5:03 PM

Dec 2014
Koneko looks weird when her cat ears are showing
Apr 11, 2015 5:17 PM

Jul 2012
Candyman5OS said:

I swear I read somewhere that it wont be in the Anime and was cut. I think Ishi's blog. Maybe I was wrong but I swear I read that.

I was actually wondering, when I saw what you said, if there was some announcement I didn't read, but skipping the rating game would just be weird.... I'd be incredibly disappointed if it were true....

we'd miss out on...
NinjaDustApr 11, 2015 5:20 PM
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Apr 11, 2015 5:19 PM

Aug 2013
Newhopes said:
CloudStrifeFFVII said:
So does Akeno do anything anytime soon, I dont read the LNs!~

ErenxMikasa said:
Kind of disappointed with Rias' mom's character design. I was expecting scarlet hair also and more elegant clothing. She's still pretty though.

You should spoiler tag that.
Apr 11, 2015 5:29 PM

Mar 2012
ErenxMikasa said:
Newhopes said:

You should spoiler tag that.
Nothing worth spoilering really. After all it is already spelled in the episode itself.

Anyway Ravel being cute is enough for me.

Next episode will be the long awaited
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 11, 2015 5:32 PM

Sep 2013
I can't say I really enjoyed this episode, volume five is one of my favourites so to see so many things changed or skipped is disappointing. It was nice to see what little interaction we had between Tannin and Issei animated though.
Apr 11, 2015 6:06 PM

Jan 2013
talentlessash said:
I can't say I really enjoyed this episode, volume five is one of my favourites so to see so many things changed or skipped is disappointing. It was nice to see what little interaction we had between Tannin and Issei animated though.
What are you talking about nothing was realy skipped this episode besides the little scene where azazel gave issei a bento thats about it nothing they skipped was bad.
Apr 11, 2015 6:15 PM

Apr 2014
Hoho...another member added to Issei's harem.
The training seem so lacking...wonder if they get stronger or something.
Koneko is from the strongest cat clan..AWSOME!
Interesting, looking forward to next one.
Apr 11, 2015 7:32 PM

Sep 2011
Training ep! 20 days of training feels like 5 minutes lol. Everyone got thier own training methods and koneko overworking. This ep is really jam packed with the introduction most of rias family members and that sairog guy looks like a major player in the story plus norse god meeting party event, koneko backstory and meeting her sister in the same ep. Good ep overall i just love tannin quickly picked issei up and fly off>.< and ravel best girl!
AndroidJacketApr 11, 2015 8:32 PM
Apr 11, 2015 7:51 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Luckily I watched the uncensored version. ;D

But maaan, the pacing is way too fast! I don't remember the sequence of events to be like this from the light novel. :/ There were already some stuff skipped. Their 20-day training went by so fast! xD First two seasons have been good and paced well. They seem to be rushing this season so that

Well, on the good side, I got to see Ravel again, and this is how I remember her from the novel. :) Aside from Rias and a certain powerful loli who has yet to make an appearance in this season, Ravel is one of my favorite girls in DxD. :)
Apr 11, 2015 7:55 PM

Sep 2013
celoer said:
talentlessash said:
What are you talking about nothing was realy skipped this episode besides the little scene where azazel gave issei a bento thats about it nothing they skipped was bad.
Am I remembering it wrong?
RetoleeApr 11, 2015 8:02 PM
Apr 11, 2015 7:59 PM

Aug 2013
talentlessash said:
celoer said:
Am I remembering it wrong? I thought we had a fair few conversations between Tannin and Issei, Issei returned to Gremori home part way through his training and had some lessons from Mother Gremori and checked up on Koneko with Akeno. The meet up with the other young devils was its own thing and later on didn't the Gremori group arrive at the party riding on dragons?

I do recall them riding dragons to the party in the LN. But from the training arc I don't recall much, so at least to me they didn't skip anything important.
Apr 11, 2015 8:01 PM
Jul 2018
It's not really skipping material, they're just rearranging Volumes 5, 6 and 7 to make the story flow better. The Meeting and the Party were merged into one, but that's it, next episode should have the rest of the Young Devils Meeting.

The lessons with Venelana can be put later on as long as it is before the Extra-life of Volume 8.
Tannin backstory can also be put into a future episode.

Going to the party riding Dragons is cool and all, but not that important.

TL;DR: Things that happen in Volume 7 will be brought up during the Volume 5 and 6 arcs and vice-versa.
removed-userApr 11, 2015 8:18 PM
Apr 11, 2015 9:02 PM

Oct 2014
noooo not censors any thing but that poor koneko
Apr 11, 2015 9:35 PM

May 2013
Ria's mother is definitely good looking. Good to see Koneko's past. Looks like she has sensed her older sister.
Apr 11, 2015 9:49 PM

Jan 2015
Also, by having Issei nightmares about Yuuma and Rias being sad about being called 'Buchou', it is implied that they would show us the ending of volume 10.

But, that may be only a tease.
Apr 11, 2015 10:09 PM

Nov 2014
jose21 said:
episode was so meh, and to make matters worse the fan service was ruined because it was censored...

It was not censored, you watched Funanimation version.
Apr 11, 2015 10:12 PM

Nov 2014
celoer said:
talentlessash said:

what about the part, when Isse bulk up and looks more macho, after that training. They skipped tons of scenes from the training part and the dragon complimenting isse for holding up so long.
Apr 11, 2015 11:30 PM

Jul 2013
Hating Funimation for the censorship. Totally worth finding the uncensored version. ^^ Yay oppai!

Good episode plot wise.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Apr 12, 2015 1:03 AM

Jul 2014
For all dumbasses that complain about censorship: You watched Funimation's shitty version. WAIT FOR FFF!
Apr 12, 2015 1:45 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode, nice to be a LN reader.
Apr 12, 2015 3:35 AM

Dec 2013
I watched the censored version. There wasn't that many moments so it didn't matter too much.

Good episode. I still don't care for Koneko but I did like that cliffhanger.
Apr 12, 2015 4:19 AM

Jul 2013
Dat training.
Ravel! :D Aaand of course, let's add her to Issei's harem :p
Koneko and Kuroka finally reunite

Pacing was a little too fast for me. Ah well.
Apr 12, 2015 4:32 AM

Feb 2015
They kinda changed quite a bit from the LN...not complaining about the changes though...quite a lot happened...a lot of foreshadowing with Koneko and Akeno.....and if I am not wrong,the next two episodes are gonna be good.
Also

Apr 12, 2015 5:21 AM

May 2013
Rias' mom looks great! I can see where Rias got her figure. Hahaha!
Training, training and more training is definitely not enough. I guess most of them had a rather difficult time, especially Issei who's also far from Rias during that time.
Kuroka and Shirone reunited once more. I can almost see what's going to happen.
Also, we get to see Rossweisse in that preview. I'm a little excited for that.
Apr 12, 2015 6:16 AM

Feb 2015
That was a pretty good episode in my opinion even tho there wasn't much action. I guess the action starts in the next one. We got to see some new characters and some returning characters which was also cool.

Am I wrong or Rias is cuter than usual this episode :D ? Just how she acts around her parents :P

It was interesting that we saw some of Koneko's back story as well as her sister since I haven't read the manga or whatever this is adapted from and didn't know about her story

Also we got a new addition to Issei's harem at that meeting, its great to see how it grows :D

There was only one problem with this episode.
Compared to the last one there wasnt enough PLOT *wink* *wink* but its great to see this kind of episodes sometimes too

All in all I liked the episode and Im looking forward for the next one :)
hlandenApr 12, 2015 6:21 AM
Apr 12, 2015 7:57 AM

Aug 2013
Koneko nya~
My Candies:
Apr 12, 2015 8:25 AM

Feb 2014
Koneko's sister looks interesting, can't wait for next episode and probably the battle between her and Koneko.
Apr 12, 2015 8:45 AM

Aug 2013
Well, I feel bad for all of you who need to watch it censored. In french, no one have licenced it, so it's fansub doing the job... That suck for you :/

Rias being all embarassed by her family was so great :3
Man, would I have felt awkward in front of her mom, being Issei.

Koneko-chan went full neko! :D
My life is complete. Seriously though, I want MOAR neko Koneko-chan! :O

The blonde imouto sure took a drastic turn. She went from being a bro-con to a full Issei-con, begging him to let her in his harem.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 12, 2015 10:15 AM
Oct 2011
This episode reminds me of Campione. LN series turned anime. They crammed 5 volumes into 12 episodes.

They may not have skipped over anything important but it's the little things that you love about a show. It's the difference between a house and a home or a game that you rent vs a game that you buy.
Apr 12, 2015 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
OtaXu1 said:
This episode reminds me of Campione. LN series turned anime. They crammed 5 volumes into 12 episodes.

They may not have skipped over anything important but it's the little things that you love about a show. It's the difference between a house and a home or a game that you rent vs a game that you buy.

They are not skipping, they are shuffling it. there will be scenes from Volume 5 that'll be put on later.
Apr 12, 2015 11:08 AM
Oct 2011
AverageFanboy said:
OtaXu1 said:

They are not skipping, they are shuffling it. there will be scenes from Volume 5 that'll be put on later.

The term "lost in the shuffle" springs to mind but that's not my point. It's the pacing that is the real problem. Without proper pacing, the latter scenes will lose their impact. Also, taking time to develop the characters is really important when you're adding new ones.
Apr 12, 2015 11:31 AM
Nov 2013
I watched it uncensored so I have no complaints at all

Holy crap, Rias' mother o.o

This was a very good episode. We some individual training, introduction of old and new faces at the party, and Koneko's sister. I'm hyped for the next episode~
Apr 12, 2015 12:20 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty good episode. Hope Koneko is okay.
Apr 12, 2015 1:37 PM

Sep 2014
Ravel head over heels with Issei ^^.
Dat Xenovia.
Finally we're gonna see Kuroka, can't wait for next episode!!
Apr 12, 2015 4:09 PM
Nov 2011
talentlessash said:

I feel exactly the same...I loved the novels, and after season 1/2 were done so well I had really high hopes...but jesus christ this season is just completely butchering it. Atleast Danmachi is getting a proper adaptation :(
Apr 12, 2015 8:49 PM

Sep 2014
Eh..it was OK I guess? Nothing good to say about this episode. Let's see what happens between Koneko and her sister.
Apr 13, 2015 12:05 AM

Dec 2014
I'm pretty glad that this show is really starting to hit its stride in terms of real plot (no, not the tit kind of plot). My only worry though is how rushed it feels... Are they really trying to cram three solid volumes into a single cour?
Apr 13, 2015 12:16 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Kuroka is next, this is gonna be great, all those nyaa~~
Apr 13, 2015 3:26 AM

Oct 2013
Xenovia was hot in Issei's bed and Akeno looked good. Ravel is such a tsun with lots of dere.
Apr 13, 2015 10:56 AM

Dec 2013
Venelana Gremory = Hottest Milf in Hell. No contest.

I'm glad we saw more of their individual training, though I don't quite understand why they don't have a personal trainer to push Graspar along a bit. IMO he's the one who really needs the moral support, considering that his issue is psychological and not physical. Still I love every scene when he ends up in his box ala Metal Gear Mode. He reminds me of a gerbil.

Ravel, oh Ravel, I it's a shame we won't see
this season. I'm still looking forward to her antics.

Looking forward to the games and Rossweisse's arc.
I'm a big sucker for Norse Mythology.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 13, 2015 12:17 PM

Nov 2013
What's with the censoring, the first episode wasn't censored.
Apr 13, 2015 4:37 PM

Jan 2013
vince1996 said:
What's with the censoring, the first episode wasn't censored.

Did you not read the past posts? you are watching funimation version try watching the at-x version thats uncensored.
Apr 13, 2015 4:51 PM
Jul 2008
I finally got around to watching the first 2 episodes and I gotta say, they really started this season off fast. First episode was funny and a great start, and this one had only a little humor and concentraited more on story and character development. That's one of the things I love about this series, it balances ecchi humor with actual story and character development. I do admit it does come off a bit rushed, but hey, I've seen other shows try to cram in less and do a terrible job. So I think this season is off to a great start and I just have 2 questions for anybody who can answer:

1.What did Ravel give Issei?
2.Am I the only one got pissed when Diodora showed up?

Granted it was only a cameo, but if you read the novel, you know exactly why I can't wait to see Issei beat him to a pulp.
Apr 13, 2015 9:22 PM

Jul 2013
Believe me when I say this but... this episode of DxD didn't have enough oppai in it! Can you believe that? Anyway lots of big shots are making their first appearance and Odin? seriously?
Apr 13, 2015 9:51 PM

Jun 2013
as always Rias Family riches...and just that freaking big. and there is Millicas. and Venerala...damn Rias has gotten her Mothers looks and beauty.

but aw, blushing Rias. so cute...damn because Issei's trauma's he does not realize the situation...but even Grayfia is quite embarrassed exhausted when she has to deal that kind thing huh? XD

...so...Asia and Xenovia were first ones now just how we expected. and Exoniva has pretty bad sleeping habits huh...and Training starts...poor Issei.
and Drama that is in Akeno and Koneko in this season...starts to reveal. and There is Sairaorg. damn I have to catch up with LN to compare these scenes.

Meeting PArt 1 starts...and Kuroka..officially Arrives.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 13, 2015 10:55 PM

Jul 2012
Ban all Funimation streams from the internet for censoring our oppais!!!

I mean... Not much to say about this episode other than things just went by so fast which is kinda good I guess.
Apr 14, 2015 7:52 AM

Dec 2013
Kinda odd they cut a little from the LN out but otherwise still sticking to the original story pretty well. They definitely should have kept the etiquette training Rias's mom gives Ise it is fairly important. Also can't wait for next episode when will should get some Balance breaker action.
Apr 14, 2015 10:24 AM

May 2013
Hmm, less "plot" and more plot for this episode.

Rias blushing is cute. Xenovia sleeping is cute. Ravel crushing on Issei is cute.
Azazel's individual training for everyone is great.
We get to meet Sairaorg and Akeno's father, however we still don't know Kiba's master.

Also Odin is coming to the party!
But for now, Kuroka wants to say hello to her little sister. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

342 by III-D4rKY-III »»
May 8, 4:15 AM

» Is Highschool DxD anti-religious?

Hotdogmaniac - Apr 5, 2015

39 by ANIMESOULSPIRIT »»
Apr 29, 1:49 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

» The last three episodes are filler

5hyguy - Feb 24

16 by adityakush_477 »»
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.