Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 26, 2015 11:03 PM

Mar 2014
I knew it was gonna happen and I still wasn't ready.
God damn feels :(
Hope movie 3 gets translated soon.
Zanos1Apr 26, 2015 11:09 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 2, 2015 10:00 AM
Apr 2014
These P3 movies are clearly not meant for people who haven't played the game, everything is so rushed and they skipped a lot of stuff, I just hope they don't fuck up the final boss build-up and battle like they did with P4's final boss, that's all I'm asking for.
Drake1000May 2, 2015 10:06 AM
May 4, 2015 3:26 PM

Oct 2013
Drake1000 said:
These P3 movies are clearly not meant for people who haven't played the game, everything is so rushed and they skipped a lot of stuff, I just hope they don't fuck up the final boss build-up and battle like they did with P4's final boss, that's all I'm asking for.

There was hardly any build up in P4. The final boss comes out of nowhere. It should have ended with them catching the killer.

May 6, 2015 1:41 PM
Apr 2014
bestpsychosean said:
Drake1000 said:

There was hardly any build up in P4. The final boss comes out of nowhere. It should have ended with them catching the killer.

I don't think this is a place to discuss P4's final boss but I'm gonna do it anyway

Jul 12, 2015 6:46 PM

Feb 2013
So good!!!

Ah.....I need to play this game again.....it's just.....awesome.

Anyway, I still think they are doing great on the adaptation on a 100+ hour game.
Of course they will miss some stuff from the game (kinda wanted to see the part where they were in the onsen and the girls walked in) but whatever.

9/10 for me.
Mar 25, 2016 4:24 PM

Jan 2016
Fuuuck ;-; Shinji was becoming one of my favourite characters ;-;
the moment when you just wanted to watch a positive movie before going sleep and it ends by killing your fave...
Jun 17, 2016 11:44 PM

Jul 2013
Part of what makes this movies just okay are the fact that the fight's over way too quickly. There's no sense of them really putting effort when every fight end really quickly.

Persona 3 is one of those games were it actually is draining to fight against the bosses and you get sense of accomplishment for beating them.

And if they are not going to have the social links be part of the movies in any relevant way then they shouldn't even give us those stills. Shoddy fanservice.
Nov 29, 2016 11:00 PM

Mar 2012
I was wondering what was up with the first 40 mins of the movie being so lame and generic, didn't realize it was a different studio from the first part. I didn't see any need or place for a random start to the movie with a love hotel-ish dark hour and an incredibly random beach arc. At the very least,the festival served some sort of purpose to display the relationship between Shinji and Ken whereas the beach scene wasn't necessary to introduce Aegis. Felt like I was watching some school rom anime or something. I have no idea if that was all in the games or not but it was just so random to have all that considering the first movie was more modest and to the point than this one was.

I know its a movie series based on a game, but even for a movie series that has to work with fitting a lot of content i felt the introduction of so many characters that effectively doubled the ranks was a bit eh. The dog and the robot felt more like empty characters just to make the plot easier to explain in a movie format...i also didn't feel much for the boy, I mean, at this point we have 2 other characters now whose parents died and that seems to have a massive effect on the way they progress plot wise. So adding another character into that pool I guess just dulled the effect on me for some reason.

I gotta blame the studio switching for this one tho, Yuuki's personality just changed too much in between movies to be fluid enough for a movie series, it just seemed like i missed an ass load of something plot wise and it bugged me the whole movie. I know that the last battle in the 1st movie helped to curve his personality, but apparently it changed it on a drastic level. Though when the first time in the 2nd movie the calender displays, it doesn't seem like that much time actually passed, I think the 1st movie ends and the 2nd one both start in the same month...

Im just going to chalk it up to another studio doing it, but this one imo is highly disappointing compared to the 1st movie.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 21, 2016 1:06 PM

Sep 2016
Loved how they focused on Shinjiro in this episode. I never liked that guy in the game for his attitude and usefulness, and I never missed his death when it happened. Even in FeMC playthrough my opinion didn't change.

But man, I start to like that dude because of this episode. He's a really nice guy... :'(

Aigis looking at Shinjiro was epic. XD
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Oct 16, 2017 4:51 AM

Oct 2015
Its a pity Shinji had to die because he was an interesting character to watch. Now who was that at the end of the credits? Now i will have to watch the 3rd one ho exciting, because the shadows and the dark hour are still not done yet.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 22, 2018 11:03 PM

Mar 2015
Those Strega guys, I definitely remember the Jesus-looking guy. Brings back memories!

9/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 19, 2018 11:46 AM
Jan 2014
Huge improvement over the first movie.
Dec 11, 2018 10:23 AM

Mar 2018
How Yuuki looks like Touka kills me everytime.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Feb 18, 2019 1:10 AM

May 2016
I found this movie to be a vast improvement from the first one. It's fun, stuff gets explained for once, the characters had better interactions, and the Persona combat wasn't boring and repetitive this time. I guess that it's because of the story finally picking up after a slow start but I liked it, pretty jarring fanservice in the beginning aside.

The new members of the team are quite unique and they're awesome. A kid, a tsundere badboy, a dog, and even a robot! Not to mention Shadow Jesus and his pyromaniac buddy and lovely self-cutting maid.

Aragaki was a pretty rough character on the inside but he's really cool when he shows his caring side. It's very unfortunate that his Persona's too strong to control, leading to the accidental death of Amada's mom and his eventual drug-addled downward spiral as a person who was once able to respect himself. He did the ultimate redemption by catching the bullets fired at Amada twice. The kid's definitely too young to give up on life now no matter the circumstances so it's good that Aragaki showed him the value of his own life before going to the other side.

Sep 7, 2019 10:04 AM

Dec 2016
Oh man, the feels ;_; It was an amazing movie!

Love Aigis fighting those shadows, she was so cool! And Koromaru was unnexpected... Never knew animals could have a persona as well, which I find very exciting and amazing :3

R.I.P Aragaki. You were a warrior even with your the out of control Persona.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jul 28, 2020 2:06 PM

Jul 2015
Yuki got some flirting skillz, imagine getting rejected by a robot amirite Akihiko and Junpei? Nice additions with the kid Amada, the madlad dog Koromaru that can 1v1 Shadows and maiden robot Aegis who can wake you up 5 minutes early. A lot of personal problems this movie they faced... rip 'lone wolf' Aragaki...

Sep 15, 2020 5:32 PM
Apr 2016
(Yes I know I'm late to the Persona 3 Film Band Wagon) I can't wait to finish the remaining two movies, and even though I know what happens I don't know if I am emotionally prepared for it. The ending song was perfect (that has to be Atlus' strong point in their animations), and is the first time I have cried during a movie in a long time. The scene was already poignant, but that song just pushed it over the edge and made the flood gates open.
Dec 16, 2020 3:59 AM

Jan 2017
this was definitely better than the first movie. the fights were much better in this one, although they were a bit too short.

the love hotel/bath scene was pretty weird in the movie, since there was no context. in the game the party is being manipulated by the boss-shadow and unlike the movie, the protagonist has to resist his desires, however because yukari is such a bitch she ends up slapping him either way.

akihikos reaction to mitsuru in a bikini was priceless and the babe-hunt scene was epic, especially the p4 teacher cameo. one of these girls looked a lot like chie from p4, but its not clear if it's really her.

my man shinji died like a hero while protecting ken. i felt really sorry for his bro akihiko. it seems like yuki is now blaming himself for his death.
Sep 4, 2023 9:53 PM

Aug 2017
Yukari in a love hotel is hot. Mitsuru in a love hotel would be even better. Or harem, best.
Oct 29, 2023 4:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was great to have everyone introduced, Aigis of course but Koromaru and Ken as well. Shinjiro and Ken's scene on October 4th though... it hurts :( Shinjiro doesn't have much development compared to when you max out his social link in P3P with feMC though
Dec 21, 2023 2:41 AM
Dec 2023
I FUCKING LOVE PESRONA 3!!!!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» English Dub?

DaMall - Dec 12, 2016

0 by DaMall »»
Dec 12, 2016 6:23 AM

» Blu-Ray Release Date revealed

lordofallwankers - Nov 7, 2014

7 by Stark700 »»
Jan 12, 2015 12:22 PM

» 3rd film

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

11 by Dragonage2ftw »»
Jan 12, 2015 9:21 AM

» ETA on English Subtitled Release

ReanSchwarzer - Sep 4, 2014

4 by Keirik »»
Sep 27, 2014 4:32 AM

» PV #4

KevWasHere - May 14, 2014

7 by KyunVampireGirl »»
May 22, 2014 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.