Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 25, 2015 12:05 AM

Jan 2011
L-Ryoshi said:

This story is beyond confusing. Can anyone who's read the manga care to explain what they're doing wrong here?

1. Discarded key events from the manga
2. Mangled the order of other events
3. Nerfed the ecchi parts and instead introduced gratuitous gore that isn't in the manga
4. Disregarded the important part of the plot and gone for a pretty generic treatment which will undoubtedly have an anime original ending

So basically screwed it up completely--read the manga, it doesn't have that many chapters and it is ongoing.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 25, 2015 4:29 PM

Jan 2015
The_Bif said:
All of that being said, I have to disagree with everyone who says that Suseri is better than Sakuya. She is better in no ways at all, unless you're judging solely on the size of her rack. Sakuya may be childish/immature, but so far Suseri has proven to be completely clueless- I mean her actions since her first appearance have been nothing but stupid decisions stacked on top of bad stupid decisions. She rolls in all tough, "I can handle anything and everything all on my own", doesn't bother to follow common sense or proper procedure, and when she starts getting her ass handed to her the only answer she has for everything that goes wrong is begging some guy she's just me to kiss her over and over again. Purple hair and big tits does not a good character make.

So in other words, a less annoying Sakuya... They both suck at their job, they both rely on Shinichirou to be of any use at all, and they both have a disregard for the lives of others. That said, Suseri isn't a bitch, so by default she's better.

Also, hating on the only likable character in the show so far, Tamako, invalidates your opinion.

rodac said:

1. Discarded key events from the manga
2. Mangled the order of other events
3. Nerfed the ecchi parts and instead introduced gratuitous gore that isn't in the manga
4. Disregarded the important part of the plot and gone for a pretty generic treatment which will undoubtedly have an anime original ending

So basically screwed it up completely--read the manga, it doesn't have that many chapters and it is ongoing.

Is Sakuya the same in the manga? Because she's a much bigger issue to my enjoyment of the show than the plot. It wouldn't matter if the plot was Shakespearean in the manga if Sakuya is still incredibly annoying.
Xilium7Feb 25, 2015 5:56 PM
Feb 25, 2015 4:56 PM

Jul 2009
Dear god ... I feel like every week Sakuya gets worse and worse D: They've kissed practically every episode already ... ugh >_< Not to mention THEY WERE FACING AWAY FROM EACH OTHER HOW THE HECK DID THEY MANAGE TO KISS ON THE LIPS OTL Makes sense her true name is Isuca since it's the title of the anime and all, but ugh ... I wonder if that guy who gave her the bird is her father? Obviously the ring has got to mean something ...
Well at least we know how Shinichirou can find people's true names now ... by kissing them :P At this point I'm glad we're halfway done ... maybe they can TRY to salvage what's left in the remaining episodes?!
Feb 27, 2015 2:49 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Just call me weird...Sakuya has very nice body :)

I hope Sakuya would have a better personality later. She is annoying, but attractive :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 27, 2015 3:38 PM

Jan 2008
For a show with 10 episodes, I get that it has to be cut down and rearranged to fit with the time given, but why the need to introduce so many useless no-name characters (both humans, and monsters-of-the week) that are only there to either get killed or be mutilated immediately after? This feels like Ga-Rei Zero all over again. It's like they intentionally making every episode a freaking filler with only hints of the source material sprinkled in.

The manga had blood, sure; but never this much goddamn gore or useless fodder in it. Though granted, it seems like they swapped out the some of the fanservice with excessive violence that wasn't as prevalent--both of which is needless, but without either, this show doesn't really have much going for it.
Estoy_GordoFeb 27, 2015 3:47 PM
Mar 3, 2015 12:15 AM

Oct 2008
so that's her true name...it was a bit anti-climatic the way they revealed it.

Mar 14, 2015 7:11 PM

Aug 2013
ErwinJA said:
Jonesy974 said:
Ok, so he found out her true name...which is Isuca. Also apparently the birds name is also Isuca....but wait. The main villain girl is ALSO listed as Isuca on the character list.

...how many fucking Isuca's are there in this show?
One's true name is based on one's own innermost feelings and desires. Isuca is the name of the bird, and it bears a special meaning to Sakuya, while also representing her desire for freedom.
The villain is also connected to the Shimazu family, and her name probably stems from the nature of that connection. Therefore, it likely means that there's a deeper connection between Isuca and Sakuya.

And if you think this is silly, wait until you hear Suseri's true name :P

Suseri's true name isn't Isuca too right? *fingers crossed*
Apr 30, 2015 2:09 PM

May 2012
Great episode! I really love where this is going!
Jan 22, 2017 4:26 PM

Aug 2015
Arrived in episode 5, I realize I follow the series only for Tamako which is the only consistent character of the series, apparently... but we don't see much and it's unfortunately not very useful for the story.

Of course I have to talk about the ecchi which is particularly embarrassing and stupidly introduced into the series in almost tragic scenes (after a person is killed in a car controlled by a demon)
And every time Shinichirô accidentally slips on a girl, his head touches the breasts or girl's ass.

The story is full of inconsistencies, for example in episode 4, why the western witch doesn't kill them when she could do it?
And in episode 5, everyone is surprised when the teacher declares that Shinichiro has the ability "to reveal the demon's names, while each of the girls asked him this same question in previous episodes.

1/5
Jul 28, 2017 10:12 PM

Sep 2015
Always cool seeing how an anime is given its name.
Apr 11, 2019 2:34 AM

Jan 2018
Did anyone notice that the spider monster had boobs ?
Jun 10, 2019 1:16 PM

Apr 2013
Horrible episode, there were so many things wrong with this I don't even know where to start. Not even some good fanservice to enjoy at least something. Also can somebody kill that blonde bitch already, what an annoying brat...
Aug 27, 2020 3:38 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, Isuca was Sakuya's real name? It must be really difficult for her letting a strange guy suddenly became so close like that and controlled you by knowing your real name. The male MC was so aggresive on this episode, became more curious to kissed someone. Ah, the rest of the episode was so painful to be watched, i must aggree. Especially with that spider shit trap, easily trapped them all like that. The plot decision on that scene was too forced. If only the situations of a stupidity not happened to be like that, Isuca name couldn't revealed as easy as like that, and the MC characteristic never expected to be worst than garbage like that. Oh well. Even they forgot about the sword from their previous episode. Lmao.

Sakuya pantsu, once again, never erased like any other uniform she wore. Its really dissapointed with that decision too. Because, its just only their chance to make the ecchi tag keep hanging. I take back my statement from some of the previous episode. This show is so bad when talking about the story wise, characterization wise, and my enjoyment. The only good thing was their forcefully fanservices. Even if it just openned with a half effort, so far. The art, animation, and sounds somehow just reach a so-so level. Whatever. I just want to finished this asap. Lmao.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 30, 2022 7:41 AM
May 2021
retarted character "Sakuya"
Jan 2, 9:54 PM

Dec 2019
Who would have guessed her real name was Isuca? Color me surprised, how unexpected!
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 16, 7:53 PM

Dec 2022
okay that was a good climax, episode had me good and annoyed but nice payoff
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isuca Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 21, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2015

37 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 21, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2015

34 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 18, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2015

42 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 17, 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.