Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 11, 2011 3:18 PM
Mar 2011
Billzor said:
I'm just wonering if anyone else has noticed if it is a gun that mion has strapped under her arm...?

Yeah really!

I'm not sure how I feel about this anime if they keep restarting the arcs because some episodes are straight up boring IMO.
Jun 3, 2011 10:22 PM

Oct 2008
:O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 5, 2011 12:36 AM
Jul 2010
Keiichi was acting like a stupid bastard in that phone call. Trying to push the blame onto Shion... As if that would solve anything! Anyway, I got the impression that wasn't Shion but Mion. Trying to see if he was lying. And it's known from the first arc that they don't react too well to lies...

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 11, 2012 7:34 PM

Dec 2009
Hmm, so the plot to this little arc is developing... I'm still a little confused but I'll just keep on watching.
Feb 14, 2012 10:04 PM

Dec 2011
i wonder how its gonna end this time
Feb 21, 2012 2:20 AM

Nov 2011
Omoshirou ^-^
Feb 25, 2012 4:50 AM

Jun 2011
I didn't like how Keiichi acted over the phone. He was just as involved as Shion, and yet he acted like he had nothing to do with it.

All this Shion/Mion confusion really makes my head hurt though.
Mar 12, 2012 4:46 PM

Apr 2011
how is it even possible that everyone knows everything ?
it's kind of annoying actually...
Mar 12, 2012 5:26 PM

Feb 2012
ashleywa said:
how is it even possible that everyone knows everything ?
it's kind of annoying actually...

I don't know if it's spoiler-ish, but I can tell you that not everyone knows everything.
Mar 27, 2012 7:12 PM
Dec 2007
brainstorm5 said:
intresting... it's based on a visual novel so are their showing every route or something?
and it's kind of scarry that my head is spining after watching this anime :P
There's no "routes". It's a linear story separated on arcs. It all comes together during the Kai Arcs (2 of which are in the first season of Higurashi btw).

Apr 24, 2012 2:49 PM

Jan 2012
Wow im so confused...
At first I thought that the reason it seemed like it was a flashback instead it was a new story???

Oh well I like this anime though its ok.
Jun 7, 2012 9:00 PM

Jul 2010
That was amazingly scary. "Lies". I think I'll watch it tomorrow XD
Jul 19, 2012 4:27 PM

May 2012
yakyuu-addict said:
Turn up the suspense. Keiichi back to yelling at girls.

LOL
Jul 19, 2012 4:27 PM

May 2012
Billzor said:
I'm just wonering if anyone else has noticed if it is a gun that mion has strapped under her arm...?

I just noticed your comment. Me, I keep thinking about her pistol she's got in that holster...
Jul 25, 2012 2:31 PM

Dec 2011
Keichi seemed to be over reacting to Shion's claim that 2 people have to disappear.... is what I'd like to say but from how the last arc turned out, I guess that wont be valid =P
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Jul 29, 2012 9:59 PM

Feb 2012
Hmm, so Shion might be the mean one now...
Sep 19, 2012 10:19 AM

Feb 2011
So , let me get it straight , those two guys are going to die every 5 episodes ? LOL
Nov 14, 2012 9:09 AM

Oct 2012
He's back to Hysteria..And how the hell does this mix up..Is Ishoyina killing those who sneak into his shrine??But then how does this have to do with the dam>?? This is hard...But it's all gonna be known soon..At the end of the Anime probably
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Nov 17, 2012 10:05 PM
Jan 2012
Isn't the photographer guy unlucky? First he died from that creepy 'drug', now he committed suicide.

Can't wait to see how he will die in the next arc, if there is one, of course,
Jan 20, 2013 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
I dont know if im willing to watch the same thing 20 times watching this anime.

A solid 8 minutes of this episode was the characters saying shit I already know. I think i might move on to something else.
Feb 3, 2013 9:07 PM

Sep 2012
A new arc. I thought it was a different time until this episode. These episode plots go by so quickly. How many episodes are there? 24? So if each arc is 4 episodes long, then we should see at least 6 different arcs.

Edit: Or was it 26 episodes?
Mar 25, 2013 6:16 PM
Jul 2012
This episode is like a repeated cycle. Same shrine, but with more informatiion.
Everyone even the dective asking Kechil the same questions. Damn that is annoying to keep asking it.
Wow this getting good.
By the way Kechil talked to Shion at the end was getting me suspence!
Love Shion
5/5
Apr 2, 2013 10:59 PM

Mar 2013
ukonkivi said:
And here we go again.D:
The whole curse thing changes a little with each "arc" it seems.
So I assume it's not in anyway based on any real place or shrine in Japan.

its because they are all differnt endings it is based off a game i think
like, one of the ones you choose your ending
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."
Apr 5, 2013 10:52 AM
Oct 2011
This anime is awesome but it would be even more awesome if I didn't have brain damage. People plz pray for me to have God restore the brain damage that happened to me. I would feel much m ore blessed if God heals me. See I wanna enjoy anime like I used to before I got brain damage that is why.
Apr 7, 2013 5:43 AM
Nov 2012
Anata wa singirarya? (Can you believe it?) I guess probably not.

Damn this is creepy
Apr 18, 2013 12:47 AM
Aug 2011
Nurse was creepy.

By the way, Mion had that gun in the previous arc too.
Apr 28, 2013 7:08 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Adramelech said:
Nurse was creepy.

I'm surprised the other girls haven't noticed Mion's gun strapped to her shoulder. Unless they already know about Mion carrying a gun to public places.

So the writers decided to go back in time to fill in some plot holes and to also fill in how the whole curse/gorish killings started? As for the twin sisters I would be confused if I was in a date with them because they are very identical, but Shion's front hairstyle is different from Mion's. I also find Shion more attractive mostly because of her personality.

Apr 29, 2013 1:29 AM

Jun 2012
=O

Apr 29, 2013 12:31 PM

Aug 2009
ChavaKotomiChan said:
Adramelech said:
Nurse was creepy.

I'm surprised the other girls haven't noticed Mion's gun strapped to her shoulder. Unless they already know about Mion carrying a gun to public places.

So the writers decided to go back in time to fill in some plot holes and to also fill in how the whole curse/gorish killings started? As for the twin sisters I would be confused if I was in a date with them because they are very identical, but Shion's front hairstyle is different from Mion's. I also find Shion more attractive mostly because of her personality.

You know water guns?
And there is no plot hole if the series inst finished leaving unanswered questions or it takes far to long to give them(like 300+ eps)
Jun 4, 2013 6:17 AM

Mar 2013
Solvite said:

A solid 8 minutes of this episode was the characters saying shit I already know. I think i might move on to something else.
Mm, that's my issue with it. If you have all these different scenarios it's like... so what are the actual events? It's like the writer couldn't make up their mind so they said 'eh, here's a bunch of possibilities, IDK which one I like best'. Kind of annoying.

Takano is really weird the way she talks so nonchalantly about the deaths and gore... In fact, so is everyone. Even the police guy was laughing about it when they were talking about it. I find that weird.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Jun 4, 2013 8:24 AM

Aug 2009
Nikolai_ said:
Solvite said:

Mm, that's my issue with it. If you have all these different scenarios it's like... so what are the actual events? It's like the writer couldn't make up their mind so they said 'eh, here's a bunch of possibilities, IDK which one I like best'. Kind of annoying.

Takano is really weird the way she talks so nonchalantly about the deaths and gore... In fact, so is everyone. Even the police guy was laughing about it when they were talking about it. I find that weird.
ALL of them are the actual events.
Jul 8, 2013 9:29 PM

Feb 2011
What´s with Mion carrying a gun (fuck japanese gun laws!)?
Strange town is strange, all those artifacts in the shrine remind me of Chtulhu Mythos, the whole village involve in some kind of nasty cult.
Keichi blaming Mion is so unmanly, he wasn´t forced but convinced, one needs to take responsability for one´s actions.
Jul 9, 2013 2:19 AM

Aug 2009
Montrovant1488 said:
What´s with Mion carrying a gun (fuck japanese gun laws!)?
Strange town is strange, all those artifacts in the shrine remind me of Chtulhu Mythos, the whole village involve in some kind of nasty cult.
Keichi blaming Mion is so unmanly, he wasn´t forced but convinced, one needs to take responsability for one´s actions.
It is a water gun.
Aug 10, 2013 8:00 AM

May 2013
Tomitake, Takano, and Ooishi are back.

Even though this arc is similar to the first one, there's more information now.

And just like the first arc, Tomitake and Takano are victims. But this time, both of them died.
And it looks like Shion and Keiichi will disappear.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 12, 2013 2:54 AM

Jun 2011
dumbfuck said:
Billbo88 said:
Yeah, I noticed that too. I would have thought Keichi would have pointed it out.

I was going to comment on that too...
Aug 12, 2013 3:34 AM

Aug 2009
ikazuuyr said:
dumbfuck said:
Billbo88 said:
Yeah, I noticed that too. I would have thought Keichi would have pointed it out.

I was going to comment on that too...
It is a freaking water gun.I said it again two posts above.
Nov 15, 2013 11:44 PM

Jun 2013
This episode wasn't creepy at all... two people will be sacrificed eh? Do you hear that? That's the sound of the Nice Boat approaching.

I think talking to the photographer is what sets Keiichi's death flag.
Dec 26, 2013 1:19 AM

Jul 2008
Mion now runs a yakuza? Oh good grief, she's going to go nuts again only now she has a twin.

Bring on the butchery.
Jan 6, 2014 11:20 PM
May 2013
I like Shion , but I think her psycho side will be worse than Mion's .
Jan 11, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2013
I like how this anime can show you cute little comedy, then a few minutes later, someone going completely psycho.

The mystery thickens. Now we know that on the night of the murders, Tanako and that photographer went into that cabin where was hidding the idol. That his surely the trigger of the whole machination.

Shion is also fucking weird, but not psycho weird. I'm pretty sure she will dissapear.

In that itteration, the photographer didn't die the same way. The last time, he died scratching his throat, but was in fact drugged. This time, he litteraly cut open his throat, or at least, someone did it for him :P

Also, Keichi was fucking intense at the end o.O
minouneetzoeJan 11, 2014 10:42 AM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 5, 2014 5:47 AM

Jan 2009
country people do some weird stuff... especially those stuff in side a shrine shed...
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 14, 2014 12:16 PM

Feb 2014
hmmm still a little confusing because it seemed different from the first arc:
the first arc: keichii didn't know who's the blonde woman in the festival
but in this arc: he did know her and they go to that shrine
so why are they giving different ideas about the festival?? well i hope i find the truth in the next episodes

Apr 17, 2014 2:39 AM

Jun 2011
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
This episode wasn't creepy at all...

Pretty much, the first arc was much creepier, maybe I should watch this alone after the sky turned dark.

They gave out a little more information this time around, but it's getting boring, the deaths don't surprise me anymore like the first arc did, and characters turning batshit crazy feels like the norm now.

I have a feeling the one who asked Keiichi whether he saw the photographer and the nurse last night, and also Shion, wasn't Mion, but Shion in disguise, so that she can confirm he really hasn't told anybody about it yet.

Edit: I don't like this Keiichi here, he shouldn't have lied to Rika, if he didn't see her performance, he should have said so, and he could make up another lie for that. Sigh and I liked him in the first arc. He got angry way too easily at the end of this episode, and I didn't like that. In the first arc, he had all the reason to be afraid and angry, but here, not so much. He didn't even know if those 2 are really dead yet, or just Shion bullshitting him like always. -.-

DarkShines said:
Deja-vu much?

Pretty much what I felt when they explain what's up to Keiichi.
ToG25thBaamApr 17, 2014 2:45 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 22, 2014 10:01 PM
Feb 2013
Okay, yea, this is now proof that this isn't just side notes that happened in the first arc we didn't see but a whole new take, a reset. This show is just raising so many questions.
May 1, 2014 9:00 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm...
Interesting,let's see what will happen next.
May 18, 2014 9:08 PM
Jun 2013
so far I find the first arc to be scarier, but hey, wouldnt mind taking both twin on eacg arm
May 19, 2014 12:03 AM

Jan 2014
I'm still confused, but I love it <33 Seems like the story about the cotton
drifting festival is told once again but in another way... Wonder why's
that all so.. Hope I'm gonna find that out sometime ^________^
Sep 23, 2014 11:32 AM

Aug 2013
So it will reset after every 4 episodes? (every VN route?). If it will, then it sucks very much :(
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 23, 2014 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
rsc-pl said:
So it will reset after every 4 episodes? (every VN route?). If it will, then it sucks very much :(

And you are so wrong. Keep watch.
Sep 23, 2014 11:50 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
rsc-pl said:

Sorry to say it, but you do not get it and you will not get it this early. keep watching it and you will understand.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikhael04 - Jan 8, 2008

364 by Mirorin »»
May 25, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

211 by CutieAnshin »»
May 25, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

206 by Mirorin »»
May 24, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 15, 2008

129 by Mirorin »»
May 22, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

270 by Mirorin »»
May 22, 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.