Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2015 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
It's like strike witches, but with Naval ships! Oh i am SO down for this!
I was a LITTLE put off by the "outfits" they wear for fighting, but that equip scene was cool as hell. Those tiny little guns pack a BIG punch. Also Carriers OP. Would love to see barrage scenes and "naval dogfights" with how mobile the ships look.

EDIT: Also, whats the game this is based off?
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 7, 2015 11:55 AM

Apr 2010
I tried to play the game ones but it was pretty hard to register and i didn't want to make a Japanese VPN so in the end i never played it.

But well i heard about the adaption and decided to wait which was like 9 months ago and i think it was worth the wait.
Looking how things are so for it turned out better then expected now we just have to wait and see if they can keep it up.
I wonder how many of the other girls they will introduce over the course of this anime.
Can't wait to find out.
Jan 7, 2015 11:56 AM

Nov 2011
i wonder if they have a Takao ship
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 7, 2015 11:57 AM

Aug 2010
An overall net positive first episode. As others have pointed out the SoL wasn't exactly the strongest, but the battle was nice despite some heavy CGI at parts. Looking forward to more! 4/5.
Jan 7, 2015 12:00 PM

Oct 2007
Yeah I can see why many are expecting this to a be bestseller and hit. Cute girls engaged earnestly in some activity be it combat or being school idols with respectable animation quality is pretty much the "Can I have money already?" formula lol.
Jan 7, 2015 12:03 PM

Jan 2011
Let me say this, you can tell how popular this game is over in the East. A browser game getting such refined treatment speaks a lot in my opinion.

The animation resources is really quite striking. I wasn't expecting this. The voice actors are pretty much perfect. The attention to detail is a great surprise.

If I had to say what this is like, it's like Strike Witches. You have unique girls whom have the ability to harness a special power that all live in a base together fighting against the world's enemy that only they can defeat. Additionally, it revolves around a main, newbie, heroine that has a distinguished past (it seems). 2D mixed with 3D CGI battle sequences. It's very very similar.

I don't mind that at all. I personally enjoy Strike Witches a lot and this gave me that same feeling. This episode was rather exciting and I enjoyed the SoL moments which work well with the scenario (while not in battle what are they doing).

On top of that, the first episode was rather tasteful. They could of really T and A'd this up but kept it pretty clean and true to the character models. I would expect pantsu to make more of an appearance which is perfectly fine. I have a good feeling about this show. Exciting and interesting.
IZEROIIJan 7, 2015 12:06 PM
Jan 7, 2015 12:17 PM

Mar 2012
A Very good Start. I think it is going to take me awhile to get used to the idea of the ships actually being girls with parts of the ship equipted on them but hey i have seen stranger stuff in Anime.

The Animation is solid clearly they invested a lot on it.

The Soundtrack was the real highlight, i have got to get my hands on the ost when it comes out.

Well with this being anime adaptation of a browser game the story and direction can go anywhere so there is not a lot to worry. I just hope they use Fubiki into the plot well enough.

It's Good to see more Anime based on Naval Warfare. It is the least type of military setting that is used in Anime plots.

So far 8.5/10 this winter off to a good start :)
Jan 7, 2015 12:21 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Rebelhero said:
EDIT: Also, whats the game this is based off?
It's a very popular free-to-play online card game

There's no real translation though so you'll have to do with tutorials and some other tools if you can't read Japanese

There's also a plethora of great hentai doujins of KanColle on the web which are definitely worth checking out ;)
Jan 7, 2015 12:22 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeah, i'll pass.
Jan 7, 2015 12:29 PM

Sep 2011
I'm positively surprised honestly.
I love the game very much and was fearing for a below average first episode, but it did well.
Oh, and Akagi x Fubuki confirmed :v
Jan 7, 2015 12:29 PM

Jun 2011
Love it. Love it. Love it. Diomedea are outdoing themselves with this project. As someone who plays the game, this was an utter treat for me!

Whobuki will finally get the love that she deserves.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jan 7, 2015 12:32 PM

Jun 2014
+nice fight ,- didnt like the mc
Jan 7, 2015 12:34 PM

Feb 2008
Somehow, the naval battles turned out to be really boring. I thought that changing ships into lolis would make the whole naval battle more interesting, instead it was more boring than watching actual ships fight. It rarely happens, but it was really embarrassing watching that fight. The next naval battle will look better, right?

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 7, 2015 12:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As a WW2 buff who has just read a book on the history of the Pacific war, I was drawn to watch this and I expected something like Arpeggio of Blue Steel (horrible animation but pretty decent story and battle sequences. But it's very different and not in a good way. It's much more about little girls being cute and "trying their best" But I'll stick to it a couple of episodes and hope for some improvement.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 7, 2015 12:38 PM

Jun 2011
Marzan said:
As a WW2 buff who has just read a book on the history of the Pacific war, I was drawn to watch this and I expected something like Arpeggio of Blue Steel (horrible animation but pretty decent story and battle sequences. But it's very different and not in a good way. It's much more about little girls being cute and "trying their best" But I'll stick to it a couple of episodes and hope for some improvement.

If you didn't like Strike Witches, you'd probably want to jump ship now because that's the direction the anime is heading.
Jan 7, 2015 12:40 PM

Jun 2013
Aversa said:
I tried to play the game ones but it was pretty hard to register and i didn't want to make a Japanese VPN so in the end i never played it.

But well i heard about the adaption and decided to wait which was like 9 months ago and i think it was worth the wait.
Looking how things are so for it turned out better then expected now we just have to wait and see if they can keep it up.
I wonder how many of the other girls they will introduce over the course of this anime.
Can't wait to find out.

Hard? You kidding me right? it was easy as hell to get into the game. all you got to do is to win a lottery which is very simple. you do need a japanese proxy but alot of people like me uses region cookie method which allows you to play kancolle on Chrome/Firefox and treats us like we are playing it in Japan.

as for adaption i doubt it since this game deals with what happened during WW2 (Axis power, Japan, Germany as the good guys vs Alien Fleets which somehow resemble the US fleets) Events that took place in game are somehow related to Japan vs US during WW2.

so it will probably never be released to Europe/ US. just look what they did already, why do they block IP from outside japan in the first place. there are reasons of course.

depends on how dedicated you are, if you really want to play the game nothings is going to stop you. read wiki for guide on how to play. if you can't get pass the lottery process go on Kancolle forum and ask one of the helpers to make you a new account or get you through so you can play the game.
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki
TakunDesJan 7, 2015 12:45 PM

Jan 7, 2015 12:49 PM

May 2011
Wow, my seiyuu radar for Sakura Ayane and Touyama Nao was going off the charts. If they really do have multiple roles for KanColle, I'm impressed.

I've always wanted to play KanColle but could never get into the servers at the right time to register. Can't wait to avoid the fanbase for KanColle! It's on Crunchyroll *shudders*
Jan 7, 2015 12:55 PM

Feb 2013
An anime full of waifus! some people would enjoy this a lot lol

So far is interesting but im not expecting and epic story or anything.

Jan 7, 2015 12:56 PM

Jan 2013
I didn't expect this to be this good, well at least surpass my expectations. The action was good , music was great! those game quote lines feels like I'm currently playing the game.. :v everything is well-balanced imo.

Our whobuki was cute, and I'm happy that she will get the love.
[s]I'm biased.[s]

OSOI!
Jan 7, 2015 12:58 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ahegyao said:
Marzan said:

If you didn't like Strike Witches, you'd probably want to jump ship now because that's the direction the anime is heading.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't watched Strike Witches though so I'll stick with it a bit more.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 7, 2015 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
It was a pretty good start.

Girls doing battle, that didn't sound so bad at all.

Fubuki is so clumsy since it was her first battle.
Jan 7, 2015 1:03 PM

Apr 2011
Very enjoyable first episode. The girl in the red skirt was my fav she was such a badass with those arrows.
Jan 7, 2015 1:16 PM

Aug 2014
That's amazing! All the characters are girls and they have such an incredible feeling of fighting with their friends for the best of the sea. :)
It looks like this anime it's only with girls any boys? Or the commander it will be the unique is a man...?
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 7, 2015 1:28 PM

Aug 2014
That was a pretty impactful first episode. Really well done. I'm even more pumped for episode 2 than I was for episode 1. Fubuki is stuck in the timeless battle to be noticed by her senpai.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 7, 2015 1:29 PM

Mar 2013
That was pretty good. About as much as I expected to be honest. Surprisingly good animation though, not gonna lie... although the CG got pretty bad in a few instances. But only a few, so it's okay. Nice seeing the characters in action, just in general.

I couldn't help but feel a bit bad for Anchorage Hime getting pummeled like that though... seeing other recent and very memorable abyssals come into existence in the game, you kinda start to grow attached to their side a bit, you know?

Also, glad they included this :D

Jan 7, 2015 1:38 PM

Nov 2011
The slice of life portions were pretty meh, but I'm not into CGDCT for the most part anyway. The action fanservice will likely keep me mildly interested, so having that much combat in the episode was nice.

Mixed episode. It wasn't particularly bad or good, but there wasn't much substance to it anyway.
Jan 7, 2015 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
i mean the premise of the story is pretty stupid

sol section was pretty meh and i am not a fan of the mc

battle scenes were pretty good, there is cg but atleast it is one of the better sort.

ost was good

looking forward to the next episode

whether i will like this entirely depends on where the focus of the series will be.
Jan 7, 2015 1:47 PM

Sep 2008
This isnt a type of anime i would watch but i only i like was when the girl said Poi though
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Jan 7, 2015 1:48 PM

Jun 2014
What did I just watch?

Jan 7, 2015 1:48 PM

May 2011
Well they gave Yuudachi a great starting line, so I'm not dropping this anytime soon.

Also got some BURNING LOVE from best Kongou-class too.
Jan 7, 2015 1:49 PM
Mar 2014
this is offensively bad but at least it's ..somewhat entertaining? i'll probably rate it low and keep watching
Jan 7, 2015 1:51 PM

Nov 2011
vodall said:
this is offensively bad but at least it's ..somewhat entertaining? i'll probably rate it low and keep watching

Sums up my feelings in a nutshell.
Jan 7, 2015 1:56 PM

Feb 2013
As good as I imagined. Loved the girls, and the battle scene. Definitely a show I'm looking forward to keep watching!

Jan 7, 2015 1:58 PM

Dec 2013
vodall said:

Couldn't handle this show, had to drop it x)
Jan 7, 2015 2:01 PM

Jul 2014
Hime-sama said:
This isnt a type of anime i would watch but i only i like was when the girl said Poi though

I like you.
Jan 7, 2015 2:01 PM

Oct 2011
Hope she does her best for Akagi
Jan 7, 2015 2:02 PM

Feb 2014
It just like Strike Witches but in the sea. 10/10 best anime ever, would watch again.

But seriously, this was not bad. I enjoyed it.
Jan 7, 2015 2:05 PM

Mar 2014
Well for a first impression all I can say is poi because that's the only thing that caught my attention. The school scenes weren't very interesting at all. The main character is pretty stupid tbh not that many high hopes for her. The battle scene was the only thing the was pretty good not amazing just good. Guns are cool and all but I guess if you get hit my a missile you can survive so that cool. The main enemy doesn't say anything or propose a reason why they are attacking so that's odd. All together I just hope it gets better.
Jan 7, 2015 2:05 PM

Aug 2013
(fabulous) Wo-Class at the beginning. I'm sold.
Jan 7, 2015 2:09 PM

Aug 2014
Good god that was perfect, exactly what I wanted.

BURNING LOVE BITCHES.
Jan 7, 2015 2:10 PM

Jun 2011
As expected mixed reactions left and right. People should not expect Cowboy Bebop or Psycho Pass level "stories."
Jan 7, 2015 2:27 PM

Apr 2009
I'm so happy this is out and quite satisfied with the first episode o/
Jan 7, 2015 2:31 PM

May 2010
what a weird show..girls are warships..where have i seen this before? (it was a meh anime). i give this one a few eps.
Jan 7, 2015 2:33 PM

Aug 2010
Harlequina said:
Also, glad they included this :D

[url]http://i.imgur.com/ao6vdq1.jpg[/url]

yeah, I had to laugh when I saw that. Nicely done. Same with fubuki when the fail penguin fell out of her backpack.

I really hope my Haruna gets more screentime (I'm addicted to her voice). And I hope Hoppou-chan gets a better treatment than anchorage hime =/
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 7, 2015 2:36 PM

Nov 2013
This is like **Strike Witches** without the pantsu.

Fubuki is so moe.
Jan 7, 2015 2:37 PM

Oct 2014
Kerozinn said:
what a weird show..girls are warships..where have i seen this before? (it was a meh anime). i give this one a few eps.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel....

And for some reason I am getting a Strike Witches vibe as well.
Jan 7, 2015 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
Who the hell thought it was a good idea to have arrows that turn into planes?

I hope the focus on the SoL side of things, the action is boring.
Jan 7, 2015 2:45 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
*tears of joy* This was so awesome, poi. ;w; I heard the same VA many times but that's to be expected since it's similar to the game, poi. Just like the dubbed anime in our country, poi. xD Looking forward to more episodes, POI! :P
Jan 7, 2015 2:55 PM
Jun 2011
this was great episode and great battle poi i cant wait for the next one poi
Jan 7, 2015 2:58 PM

Oct 2012
I got irritated by the way that the girls were saluting each other. It seemed a bit
half-hearted. Also, they did not seem to be following the rules for any military
organization that I have heard of. It is common that sailors do not salute indoors.
But of course these are girls who are ships who are actually girls, so...
For a while, I thought that the character designs grabbed me, but...
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.