Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 2, 2014 5:46 AM

Jun 2011
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
I believe that he was talking about the current kages, Tsunade and co.
So it's just a mistranslation then. Actually now that I think about it, Sasuke mentioned something about destroying the tailed beasts, so I guess that's his reason for wanting to kill Naruto, but still, Naruto is Naruto, he is not the tailed beasts. It's getting really confusing now. I'll reread chapter 692/693. Be right back.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 2, 2014 5:51 AM

Apr 2013
anyone care to explain what the fuck is the sage of the 6 paths still doing in the real world? That geezer was suppose to disappear 3 chapters ago..
Oct 2, 2014 6:05 AM

May 2013
Well that was interesting why Sasuke wants to become Hokage. Finally their fight begins.
Oct 2, 2014 6:12 AM

May 2014
Sourire said:
anyone care to explain what the fuck is the sage of the 6 paths still doing in the real world? That geezer was suppose to disappear 3 chapters ago..

Is going to rape Sakura after killing Kakashi.... true story

Now seriously, Sasuke vs Naruto will finally begin. 8 years waiting... We are going to see some Super Hyper Mega powers.
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Oct 2, 2014 6:12 AM

Mar 2012
Ok this isn't that related to the knew chapter but I feel like I missed something: Why is the ninja allience still in this dream world? I thought it would stop once they defeated Kaguya etc. but they still seem to be stuck.
Oct 2, 2014 6:14 AM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:

Sasuke's version of a Hokage and it's concept, needs to cut all past relations. And as Sasuke, put it, Naruto is the closest thing he had for a best friend. Naruto's ideals don't match with Sasuke's, so he will be something that stands against Sasuke's revolution and his vision of the future. That what he meant by cutting down the past, several chapters ago (it's made clearer and less subtle in the anime).

Naruto is trying to get rid of hate in the Shinobi world
Sasuke is acknowledging there will always be hate no matter what, and wants to shoulder it himself as a target, and fix what has been wrong in that system for decades, walk through the darkness and survive as he putted it.
But still it doesn't make sense that Sasuke want to kill Naruto after admitting that Naruto is the closest to what he calls 'best friend'. So just because Naruto has a different idea about Hokage, that he needs to be killed? Naruto want to save Sasuke but instead his ideal is pushing Sasuke further?

Now that I think about it, didn't Naruto said that he will shoulder all the hate himself too back then when he conversed with Pain? So how is it different from Sasuke's?

cheesykid said:
There is another thing this chapter did.Sasuke is getting everyone to hate him because he wants to cut all his previous bonds and shoulder the hate himself.Thats why he wants Sakura to hate because he has feelings for her but he wants to snap the bonds and thats why he does it.I am hoping for SasuSaku once Sasuke is redeemed and he can feel those bonds again :)
he has feelings for her
What? No. -_-

Yukkicchi said:
Ok this isn't that related to the knew chapter but I feel like I missed something: Why is the ninja allience still in this dream world? I thought it would stop once they defeated Kaguya etc. but they still seem to be stuck.
Sasuke need to combine his power with the tailed beasts' to dispel the genjutsu.
Oct 2, 2014 6:16 AM

Apr 2011
Very political view from Sasuke's point of view. Though what I took from this chapter is that Sasu wants nobody's help and that he will be the hero and be the darkness by killing Naruto. Also the surprising this is that Sasuke said he actually said that Naruto is the closest thing to a best friend he has ever had. Great chapter
5/5
Oct 2, 2014 6:20 AM
Apr 2013
I hope this is the last chapter where nothing happens.
Oct 2, 2014 6:21 AM

Jan 2013
animelancer said:
I hope this is the last chapter where nothing happens.

I hope this is the last person who makes himself look bad.
Oct 2, 2014 6:27 AM

Dec 2012
Yukkicchi said:

It's not just the Ninja alliance, it's the whole world of Naruto. Because the Genjutsu was already cast-ed, Kagyua being defeated doesn't break it. Both the powers of Naruto and Sasuke are required to break it, according to the sage himself.

ToG25thBaam said:
tsudecimo said:

Sasuke's version of a Hokage and it's concept, needs to cut all past relations. And as Sasuke, put it, Naruto is the closest thing he had for a best friend. Naruto's ideals don't match with Sasuke's, so he will be something that stands against Sasuke's revolution and his vision of the future. That what he meant by cutting down the past, several chapters ago (it's made clearer and less subtle in the anime).

Naruto is trying to get rid of hate in the Shinobi world
Sasuke is acknowledging there will always be hate no matter what, and wants to shoulder it himself as a target, and fix what has been wrong in that system for decades, walk through the darkness and survive as he putted it.
But still it doesn't make sense that Sasuke want to kill Naruto after admitting that Naruto is the closest to what he calls 'best friend'. So just because Naruto has a different idea about Hokage, that he needs to be killed? Naruto want to save Sasuke but instead his ideal is pushing Sasuke further?

Now that I think about it, didn't Naruto said that he will shoulder all the hate himself too back then when he conversed with Pain? So how is it different from Sasuke's?

It's because he is his best friend that he still has a bond with Naruto, that he wants to destroy it. He thinks that for someone to do what he is planning to do, he can't have past relations, it might hinder him from doing what he wants to do ''My Hokage needs to cut all relations to be complete''.

Not just a different idea, the basic thing to understand is that Naruto will oppose him and will be in the way of his revolution, I can't explain it simpler than this. And he is technically the only thing standing between Sasuke and his plan and vision.

That was about the cycle of revenge and hate, as he did for those cloud Ninja and was going to do, if Sasuke was still driven by revenge. Sasuke's hate is more general, just think of it as Lelouch's, to concentrate all hate on him, in order for unity and peace to exist, basically being the supreme ruler. He is willing to kill the tailed beasts and the kages for it, Naruto isn't.

To sum it up:
Naruto's concept of a Hokage, is an idealistic one, that he wants to do with everyone.
Sasuke's is a realistic or a cynical one, that he wants to do alone.
tsudecimoOct 2, 2014 6:30 AM
Oct 2, 2014 6:28 AM

Apr 2014
that last few pages saved this chapter.

Naruto hasn't even show up any of his powers...he got something on him.

been saying this but i'll be satisfy if either of the two dies..well Sasuke? lol it's kinda obvious if you ask me...Naruto is the prophecy child that'll bring peace.

cheesykid said:
There is another thing this chapter did.Sasuke is getting everyone to hate him because he wants to cut all his previous bonds and shoulder the hate himself.Thats why he wants Sakura to hate because he has feelings for her but he wants to snap the bonds and thats why he does it.I am hoping for SasuSaku once Sasuke is redeemed and he can feel those bonds again :)

sadly there is no slight romance in this series.
Oct 2, 2014 6:34 AM

Feb 2013
tsudecimo said:
gedata said:

I wonder what The Sauce's actual plan for the world is beyond just kill errythang

Tailed beasts, five kages and Naruto, are not really errythang.

Oh yeah
Can't believe I forgot. Maybe I should stop reading this week to week for now.

I actually kinda thought he was crazy for saying that he wanted to be hokage and stuff since he has no chance of becoming a leader via democratic processes any more. A violent takeover is the only way.
gedataOct 2, 2014 6:40 AM
Oct 2, 2014 6:38 AM

Feb 2013
-IS THAT YOU......RRRRRLLLLLLUUUUSHHYUUUUUUU????!!!!!!

-Maybe it's just my bias towards Naruto but i just prefer Sasuke's Hokage (The Strict/Heartless/No-nonsense) as opposed to Naruto's (I'mma forgive all of ya'll),and i'd probably be rooting for him if did'nt already know know how this would end

Then again,i'd take Danzo over Tsunade anyday

-I actually thought it was the dumbest thing ever when sasuke said he wanted to become hokage,but i'm kinda seeing it a new light now
King_of_HereticsOct 2, 2014 6:51 AM
Oct 2, 2014 6:44 AM

Dec 2012
gedata said:

I actually kinda thought he was crazy for saying that he wanted to be hokage and stuff since he has no chance of becoming a leader via democratic processes any more. A violent takeover is the only way.

Well that was already brought up, when he first announced it. Was pointed out by Shikamaru and I think Kiba. But Sasuke naturally doesn't care about their opinions.

He is the first character in the series, to give a new meaning and push down a new concept of a Hokage.
Oct 2, 2014 6:54 AM

Apr 2014
Fantastic chapter. Sasuke is ready to commence the revolution by dealing with Naruto first. Let's hope this battle will be similar to the fight of Kakashi vs Obito in the anime. Just like a billion times better. xD 5/5
Oct 2, 2014 7:09 AM

Aug 2012
"Fools only learn from experience, while the wise learn from history."

Sasuke is truly misguided.
He really doesn't understand his brother. He's referring to his brother as lost - the past.
He's throwing everything his brother did out.
He's going kill Naruto because he's the closest friend he ever had.

I want Sasuke to die, but that wouldn't be a change.

Genius mi backside!!!
Rather than learning from history; he chooses experience.

The battle begins!

I liked the flow of panels leading up to the clash.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Oct 2, 2014 7:16 AM

Dec 2012
Marhuto said:

He really doesn't understand his brother. He's referring to his brother as lost - the past.
He's throwing everything his brother did out.

He does actually, and he is doing what Itach did in a way, in walking the darkness alone. Sasuke knows that Itachi would think what he doing is not right, but like Sasuke said, he is not the same as Itachi. And it's because of Itachi's final words, that Sasuke feels confident in the path he is choosing ''I will always love you forever''

He is not throwing out away, he will protect Konoha, just in his own way.
Oct 2, 2014 7:24 AM
Oct 2014
My first time here:)
First of all, i loved this chapter and the previous. Finelly Sasuke is revealing what is on his mind!
Sasuke and Naruto's fight have been inetivable.
Naruto once told Sasuke that he was the only one who could be able to carry and shoulder his hatred. I dont think Naruto is wrong. He is the ONLY one who can carry that.
However Sasuke VS Naruto :( Either way it's going to be sad. I fear the only way for this outcome is a death, maybe even two deaths!
Since, in order for Sasuke to become the Hokage that he believes in he has to server his bonds. Not the first time, but nonetheless that is what he has to do. Naruto is the only one who still makes him able to feel something. He is his friend. Sasuke isn't blind, he is perfectly aware of the feelings towards Naruto. Naruto is the only one who could stop him. And that is why he has to die.
For Naruto to be able to change Sasuke i fear that only death could change him. Obito changed on the verge of death. If Naruto truely wants to save Sasuke he will have to kill him, I do not believe he can change unless.

Oh well :) That is my thoughts :)
Oct 2, 2014 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
And finally, their weapons clash at last. Idk how long these upcoming chapters will be but this could take awhile..
Oct 2, 2014 7:47 AM
Sep 2014
orithyea said:
i bet itachi ships narusasu

on a more serious thought, I actually liked this chapter. then again, I always like it when serious talking (plus, nostalgia and parallelism!!) happens. not really looking forward to the fight, but rather the conclusion itself.

Nah SasuSaku is gonna happen.This chapter proved that the reason Sasuke did that genjutsu to Sakura because he knows she has feelings for him and he doesnt believe himself to deserve that love and so he wants her to hate him because he wants to cut all ties to his past
Once Naruto redeems him he will feel love again and love Sakura back :)
Oct 2, 2014 7:53 AM

Aug 2014
The chapter was good, we heard exactly what Sasuke intends to do, even if it did feel like Code Geass all over again. I can't help but feel disappointed that there was still no fight whatsoever, but i understand it was necessary.

A great minus for this chapter would be Hagoromo. Seriously, he's still around? Just gtfo already, of course he had to waste more pages. I'm really hoping that the fight will not be interrupted by any fence-sitters. Towards the end, it just felt like more flashbacks are being dumped on us for the sake of chapter waste, so i didn't like that either.

On the other hand: "Naruto's the closest thing to a best friend i've had". Daaaaaaaawwww. ^^

4/5.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Oct 2, 2014 7:53 AM
Jun 2013
I will agree with sasuke that his bro would have made a great hokage espcially after what hes done for the village. As others said sasukes plan sounds alot like Code geass since he will be the center of all the hatred so everyone els can be happy though he added the whole killing people thing.
Oct 2, 2014 7:56 AM

May 2013
Sasuke was right. Itachi should have been a great hokage.
It's like Sasuke is doing what Madara wanted but in a different way. Such irony. So, Sasuke's planning to kill his closest "best friend" he ever had. Why does that statement sound familiar? Anyway, it's finally happening! The fight of the century! Haha!
Oct 2, 2014 7:56 AM

Jun 2010
All Hail Sasuke !!!!!! Lelouch's Ninja Incarnate.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 2, 2014 8:10 AM

Jul 2014
cheesykid said:
Nah SasuSaku is gonna happen.This chapter proved that the reason Sasuke did that genjutsu to Sakura because he knows she has feelings for him and he doesnt believe himself to deserve that love and so he wants her to hate him because he wants to cut all ties to his past

No. There is no romance in this manga. Kishimoto could give a damn, and if he did write anything of resemblance to romance it would be utter travasty to the definition.

On topic: It was an ok chapter. Predicted Sasuke would "shoulder" the hate in a very Lelouch vi Britania way as mentioned prior in this thread. Unfortunately I see his way of throwing/destroying the old ninja system as a very weak approach. I could even call it a coward's way out. Of course Naruto's way is simply too idealistic and is doomed to fail, but Sasuke's seems like...it's just so cheap. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Oct 2, 2014 8:11 AM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
It's because he is his best friend that he still has a bond with Naruto, that he wants to destroy it. He thinks that for someone to do what he is planning to do, he can't have past relations, it might hinder him from doing what he wants to do ''My Hokage needs to cut all relations to be complete''.

Not just a different idea, the basic thing to understand is that Naruto will oppose him and will be in the way of his revolution, I can't explain it simpler than this. And he is technically the only thing standing between Sasuke and his plan and vision.

That was about the cycle of revenge and hate, as he did for those cloud Ninja and was going to do, if Sasuke was still driven by revenge. Sasuke's hate is more general, just think of it as Lelouch's, to concentrate all hate on him, in order for unity and peace to exist, basically being the supreme ruler. He is willing to kill the tailed beasts and the kages for it, Naruto isn't.

To sum it up:
Naruto's concept of a Hokage, is an idealistic one, that he wants to do with everyone.
Sasuke's is a realistic or a cynical one, that he wants to do alone.
Uhm well thanks for the reply. I thought about it for an hour and I couldn't identify what exactly was my problem. Maybe I am just too tired now. I'll see if I still have a problem with it tomorrow. Thanks again.
Oct 2, 2014 8:19 AM
Jun 2013
cheesykid said:
orithyea said:
i bet itachi ships narusasu

on a more serious thought, I actually liked this chapter. then again, I always like it when serious talking (plus, nostalgia and parallelism!!) happens. not really looking forward to the fight, but rather the conclusion itself.

No its more that sasuke doesint want her to get hurt is all. Also it would be someone els trying to talk him down. Sasuke has to deal with the master of talk no justsu and thats more then he can handle.
Oct 2, 2014 8:23 AM
Oct 2013
sasuke i dont know whether i'll punch u or hug u
u little shit stop hurting yourself, you are not alone u have naruto & the rest of the fandom we love u you asshole cryinggg....
Oct 2, 2014 8:26 AM

Aug 2013
I was expecting a more legitimate definition of hokage from Sasuke,he wants to do cut the past and his mindset is like of Itachi's,how that worked for your brother? lol And I don't like Itachi's character after he was revealed as a good guy..it seems I had my expectations a bit to high.
Oct 2, 2014 8:31 AM

Jul 2007
Damn how i miss these days of naruto. Things are going to become alot more of a personal conflict now between the two. This has some pretty deep monologue and if everything sasuke says is true, this arc is going to be shaping up to be pretty awesome.

Oct 2, 2014 8:51 AM

Dec 2012
Those obsessive shippers though.

souledge94 said:

not really looking forward to the fight, but rather the conclusion itself.

Agreed. I would have actually preferred if they continue to talk in the next chapter as well, I want to read more of Sasuke's thought process. I'm more interested in the conclusion and how Naruto is going to handle this, than the actual action.
Oct 2, 2014 9:37 AM
Jun 2014
Alright chapter.

Hopefully this fight redeems the manga of the last year of garbage.
Oct 2, 2014 9:49 AM

May 2013
The friendship collides O_O
Oct 2, 2014 9:50 AM

Mar 2012
Sasuke said that Naruto was the closest person he had to be a "best friend", really? #2014 apocalypse arriving
Oct 2, 2014 9:56 AM

Dec 2012
He said something similar in their first encounter in the valley.
Oct 2, 2014 9:56 AM

Jan 2013
Great chapter, Naruto is at it's best when it's personal one on one fights.
I can't believe Sasuke would admit that Naruto was his closest friend.
Oct 2, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2013
Gotta love sasuke's logic. Kill him just because he's the closest thing to a best friend he's ever had... of course you'd kill him for that xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Oct 2, 2014 10:09 AM
Feb 2014
Tyrantarmy6 said:
Gotta love sasuke's logic. Kill him just because he's the closest thing to a best friend he's ever had... of course you'd kill him for that xD

Because having a best friend is shameful for an Uchiha
Oct 2, 2014 10:12 AM

Dec 2012
e_e
Oct 2, 2014 10:21 AM

Aug 2013
Damn Code Geass, the only reason I haven't watched it is because I already know the ending. It's a bit sad but it's not hard to know how Naruto will end.

Not a bad chapter, at least we know a bit more about Sasuke's plan but but I don't think it's going to work as he planed. I think of it as a different version of Pain. Pain wanted peace through fear, Sasuke want's peace through common hatred, the difference here is that while Pain discouraged people to fight, Sasuke is encouraging it, een if it's against him but he won't live forever. Even if he kill the kages new kages will rise, new shinobi wil be trained and new ways to fight will be created just to fight him. And when he eventually dies conflicts will start once again. In my opinion that's the human nature, conflict, not peace. Also I guess Konoha will receive as much hate as Sasuke just because every single villain in this manga has ties to the village.

I felt a bit sad with that panel where that "people from the past" are shown. I mean, why is Obito there but not Nagato? I gues Nagato played a bigger role in Naruto's development than Obito. Is Kishimoto trying to make Obito look moreforgivable? But nevermind that. At least the fight has started hope we see something really good before the talk and flashbacks start once again.
Oct 2, 2014 10:24 AM

Jan 2014
Naruto and Sasuke both need good therapy.

1/5
Oct 2, 2014 10:25 AM

Dec 2012
I think Nagato should have definitely been there instead of Kakashi, and Itachi instead of either Tsunade or Hurizen.
Oct 2, 2014 10:28 AM

Jun 2012
i was starting to think sasuke didn't know naruto was his best friend.

looks like the final battle is about to begin i'll take a guess and say it will end in about 10-30 chapters
Oct 2, 2014 10:32 AM

Feb 2012
Finally the Hokage debate is over.

Now let em' jutsus and techniques talk.
Oct 2, 2014 10:35 AM

Mar 2014
the feels...
great chapter, Sasuke's perspective was interesting.

Naruto has definitely improved from the previous chapters, I think this fight (+talk) is gonna be as great as the previous one in the final valley :D
Oct 2, 2014 10:35 AM

Jul 2010
Tyrantarmy6 said:

This. I have no clue wtf is going on in Sasuke's head...
Oct 2, 2014 11:13 AM

Mar 2009
Sasuke: "THE DARKNESS THE DARKNESS THE DARKNESS THE DARKNESS."
Oct 2, 2014 11:39 AM

Apr 2009
No way this stuff is going to have a satisfying conclusion. It's been going everywhere with its plot and stuff doesn't even make sense half the time.
If this fight ends with the two of them being all buddy-buddy this shit is going to get like a 3/10 from me. Can't see the mangaka turning that into something believable.

10th_man_down said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:

Probably means that he feels that he cannot bear the burden of hatred himself if he has connections like that with people.

Oct 2, 2014 11:50 AM

Dec 2007
Vikopaulum said:

10th_man_down said:

Probably means that he feels that he cannot bear the burden of hatred himself if he has connections like that with people.

Yeah, but when he was seeking power he still refused to kill Naruto to obatin new sharingan, after their first battle in that valley.

Oct 2, 2014 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
Sourire said:
I guess nobody has any idea about this plothole either.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 27 Discussion

jeanfarias - Feb 4, 2012

14 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 22 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 24, 2012

8 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 1 Discussion

Renton126 - Aug 31, 2009

25 by Rezende1990 »»
May 20, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.