Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 2, 2014 6:42 PM

Apr 2010
Having read the manga before, i actually liked the movie.
It was nice to see the full group again, but imo they could have cut the beginning and ending parts since those only exist as a reference to the manga, unless that was the point from the start.

But seriously, anyone expecting a full arc and ending with proper pacing in 1 single movie didn't have high but WRONG expectations. There's no way they could animate all of that in 1 single movie without rushing it even more and making it one big mess.

If it could have been better ? Probably, but imo they did good enough.
I must say however that I see this movie as a view in the future and a chance to see them again after the previous movie and season. For me this is not an ending in any way.

TL,DR: watch the movie to see the fun characters again, read the manga for the story.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Sep 2, 2014 6:47 PM
Feb 2014
I was actually really disappointed by this. after waiting so long for it to be subbed, filled with excitement as to what the finale of this love pentagon would be, my excitement was crushed and hope destroyed.

He didn't choose anyone, there wasn't any real story and I just... I didn't enjoy it :(
Sep 2, 2014 7:55 PM

Sep 2008
if you arent a manga reader....here, a gift =D

if you really wanna know....
here is the full story of the SnO after the movie of hiyori, read this if you dont want to bother reeading the manga, but i still recomend you do

you could still read the final chapters if you wish, just an advise
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 2, 2014 8:22 PM

Nov 2012
Why is the world being fucked? their are a lot of questions i have but really whats the point...
No explanation can fix how rushed and bad that was.
Sep 2, 2014 10:16 PM

Jan 2009
This movie was basically Kadokawa Shoten and IMS (previously AIC) lining up every SnO fan and kicking them in the balls one by one. And then kicking the ones that didn't read the manga 2 more times.

Jesus Christ, so rushed and awful. The only good thing I can think off is that I kinda like the new character designs more than the previous ones, the colors pallette they used was also nice.

Sep 2, 2014 10:24 PM
Oct 2012
first its out! second i had better see a damn sequel right now because that ending was NOT OK!

if they don't announce at least a short conclusion soon i want you ( the one reading this) to read the end chapters of the manga.
Sep 3, 2014 12:47 AM

Oct 2012
I don't remember Mikako was an Angeloid too in manga
This movie no, just no

The worst Sora no Otoshimono for me :(
I prefer manga so much
This is just not just rushed
It's just... *boom
Need a proper series, like 3rd season

Still there are some beautiful moments
I miss this anime a lot
And this movie, I'm disappointed
Rayl1ghtSep 3, 2014 12:50 AM
"Signature removed"
Sep 3, 2014 12:48 AM
Jul 2014
From someone who never read the manga.. I'm really pissed considering I have no clue what just went down.. I think a season 3 would have been better then a 50 min filler.. I was so hyped for this movie.. And it was such a let down.

EDIT -

So I read the manga after watching this excuse of a movie.. And I really do have to say.. They missed out everything.. Even after the fact that ikaros died.. Leaving a huge spot for your imagination to come in and to think of what happened.. Trust me your imagination won't succeed I giving you a good ending.. So I suggest you READ THE MANGA BECAUSE IT WAS AMAZING.. Lots of unanswered questions will be answered.
CrippleSep 3, 2014 1:52 AM
Sep 3, 2014 2:36 AM

Feb 2012
Holy guacamole!! WTF did i just watched? It was so rushed and there was no plot aside from wanting to see ikaros smile! This doesn't even feel like a movie - more of a filler!

Please tell me this isn't the ending! I'm tremendously disappointed! I really enjoyed following this series just to be epically crushed in the final ending!!! Ugh!! Prolly read the manga if time permits!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 3, 2014 2:41 AM

May 2013
This left most viewers hanging. The only good about this was that the comedy was good. It was the only thing I liked in this. The emotional part was kinda the same with the first movie.
Sep 3, 2014 3:02 AM

Jul 2012
I really love this series, I don't want it to end like that.
Sep 3, 2014 3:12 AM
Dec 2012
Guess I'll have to read the manga... the movie was like made "on the fly", it may be called Final, but it leaves you with more questions than answers.
:v
Sep 3, 2014 4:52 AM

Jan 2014
RazorRamona200 said:
I guess Ikaros is dead.

read the manga...it continues the movies conclusion...if you don't like the fact that Ikaros did die here...:)
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 3, 2014 4:57 AM

Jun 2014
Having read the manga a few months ago, I did understand what was going on. Unfortunately, the movie was just disappointing, whether you read it or not.

If I had not read the manga, I feel the movie would have soured me on the whole property, because there is no clear reason why everything was being destroyed.

For crying out loud, you don't just gloss over Nymph's DEATH without telling us why!

They should have taken the middle filler and just made one or two OVA's, and left out the critical stuff at the beginning and the end.
Sep 3, 2014 4:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
the entire film can really just be summed up with a few words, namely:

Read the manga instead

that's basically all =w=

I even felt forced to write a review just to get that message across >.>
Sep 3, 2014 5:35 AM

Sep 2013
I WAITED 1 YEAR FOR THIS!?

I prefer previous artwok, in this movie seems colourless

I don't read the manga so I didn't understand anything...

Ugh, they messed up my favorite ecchi anime....

Season 3 please, screw the "Final"!
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Sep 3, 2014 6:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yasamura said:
I WAITED 1 YEAR FOR THIS!?

I prefer previous artwok, in this movie seems colourless

I don't read the manga so I didn't understand anything...

Ugh, they messed up my favorite ecchi anime....

Season 3 please, screw the "Final"!
just read the last chapters of the manga from the point the anime last ended
Sep 3, 2014 7:43 AM

Jun 2011
The movie skips many imporrant events that make the manga really worth reading, especially the last arc, which this so called "final" movie supposed to adapt..

And here I hope to see Tomoki kick some ass (manga readers know what I mean)

Hope they make another movie, or is this really the last time we will see Sora no Otoshimono anime??
Sep 3, 2014 8:06 AM

Aug 2014
For a moment there, I thought I missed something from the anime, but it seems they skip a lot of stuffs from the manga.

This doesn't feels like a Movie at all x.x Feels like a normal episode, with some first and last minutes important stuffs.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie, but it left me with a lot of questions. I guess I'll have to read the manga. I hope they make another movie though.
Sep 3, 2014 9:03 AM

Jul 2012
So after having this on my back log of anime for a long time I finally decided to watch it.

Having been a huge fan of the anime I was expecting something great, but it was probably one of the worst adaptations that I have ever watched.

It was rushed beyond believe, adding to that there is about 10 minutes of actual story and it just boggles my mind as to why the studio decided to do it this way.

So much content was left out, not to mention the fact that where the movie ends is not the true ending.

I'm so disappointed in this, was expecting something much better.
Sep 3, 2014 9:18 AM

Dec 2013
For over 2 years expected a new season, we got a movie of 50 mins...
Very disappointing... Will have to read the manga now.
Sep 3, 2014 10:06 AM

Apr 2012
http://anilinkz.com/sora-no-otoshimono-final-eternal-my-master-special

^ Apparently. you're suppose to watch this after the movie. It continues the movie ending and leads to true end.
P.S : This is the same manga still frames but with voice acing and sound effects added. (Voiced manga is surprisingly good. They should learn to use this method more.)
Also, it is not subbed.
AvariticaSep 3, 2014 10:15 AM
Sep 3, 2014 10:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Avaritica said:

^ Apparently. you're suppose to watch this after the movie. It continues the movie ending and leads to true end.
P.S : This is the same manga still frames but with voice acing and sound effects added. (Voiced manga is surprisingly good. They should learn to use this method more.)
Also, it is not subbed.
I guess the movie production was already finished by the time the manga ended even if it was aired afterwards, only explanation I have for that really

btw that special doesn't exist as a MAL entry anywhere unless I'm blind
Sep 3, 2014 1:13 PM
Mar 2014
acidpang123 said:
I am fine with the main bulk of it, just remove the first and the last part, it totally screwed the the final best arc of the manga.

SPOILERS:
There's more to what happen after Ikaros gets completely burnt, it's not the end...

what please telm me :,(
Sep 3, 2014 1:14 PM

Jan 2014
Meh. The moment they announced that the 'final season' would only be one movie, it was to be expected they'd cut out tons of content, but I at least expected a conclusion to the series.
They not even bothered explaining what was going on, only briefly mentioned that Nymph and Astraea didn't make it and ended it before getting anywhere. So even with my expectations set realistically low, this was disappointing. They obviously focused entirely on Ikaros' development with the limited time they had, which actually wasn't that much of a bad idea, imo. But at least give a us a proper conclusion, dammit. And if that wasn't possible then don't bother adding the scenes shown at the beginning and end in the first place. Without giving much context and all this just "ruins" the final and even spoils for anime-only watchers. As the movie is now it's just unsatisfactory.
I cannot deny that I enjoyed seeing the groups' interactions again though and most importantly Nymph <3. Glad I already read the manga.

HaXXspetten said:
Avaritica said:

Also, it is not subbed.
I guess the movie production was already finished by the time the manga ended even if it was aired afterwards, only explanation I have for that really

btw that special doesn't exist as a MAL entry anywhere unless I'm blind

That would be a hell of a weak excuse. With just a little communication and involvement of the mangaka this shouldn't be a problem :/.

So this special is really official? Ok, just took a look at it and it also features voice acting, so it's an official video.

EDIT:
RodrigoL said:
acidpang123 said:
I am fine with the main bulk of it, just remove the first and the last part, it totally screwed the the final best arc of the manga.

SPOILERS:
There's more to what happen after Ikaros gets completely burnt, it's not the end...

what please telm me :,(

In case you haven't seen it yet, there's already an explanation / summary of the manga events in another thread.
JoekstarSep 3, 2014 1:23 PM
Sep 3, 2014 2:45 PM

Nov 2013
I don't know what to say, the ending was really emotional but it was way too rushed. Still gave it a 10 but could have been a lot better if they made the third season instead of the movie.
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Sep 3, 2014 3:44 PM

Oct 2010
Rip s3 instead a shitty movie.

How to rekt da franchise. Rip in piece.
Sep 3, 2014 6:26 PM

May 2012
Damn that ending, that was just too damn epic! Really loved to see all the characters again, doing their usual business and the humor of this show sure made it as awesome as the prequels, I really wished it was a bit longer but in general I quite liked it and while it was a bit of a sad ending I still loved it!
Sep 3, 2014 7:12 PM

Jan 2012
Lets just give it the AO treatment
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 3, 2014 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
Well... It was 50min wasted... I did not read the manga and i don't plan to read manga... I only made an exception for one from a Visual Novel, i will not read this one. Totaly a final i did not understand at all. They totaly should have removed the 40min second part and put the context for the final and everything just before and after. I did not need this useless 40min fan service, i would have prefer plot ! I just hope they do like the movie of evangelion in the 90'S by making a second movie which explain more the ending for fixing the bad review for that misleading ending. I hope my senpai which have read the manga will enjoy it. For me, it was totaly 1/10...
Sep 4, 2014 6:15 AM

Jan 2011
Someone please tell me I didn't spoil the manga by watching this.
Sep 4, 2014 2:49 PM

Jan 2011
I was hoping for an actual conclusion to the anime. It's disappointing that it doesn't get the ending the manga worked so hard to achieve. It must be even worse for someone who hasn't even read the manga.

You're better off reading the manga.
Sep 4, 2014 3:42 PM

May 2014
And to think I prepared for the feels of the final arc and instead they show a extended comedy episode ¬¬

ReaperCreeper said:
Someone please tell me I didn't spoil the manga by watching this.

Well, now you know she burns leading Tomoki to the Synapse (maybe intended since the begining of the series, and thus the name Ikaros), but there's A LOT more awesome things in the final Arc
Sep 4, 2014 9:46 PM
Mar 2014
I still find it ridiculous how they totally skipped Sugata's back story. Nymph's sacrifice. Astrae's pandora evolution and how she "protects" Chaos.

Sugata's back story.

Sep 5, 2014 6:34 AM

Nov 2012
Simply butchered.
Sep 5, 2014 2:59 PM
Nov 2013
I put off reading the manga after season 2 because I was expecting a third season at some point, having no clue it got turned into a "movie" along the way.

Since the general consensus I'm getting here is that the "movie" is a god awful bastardized rush job I'm planning on going back to the manga before watching it.

If there a good place to pick up having watched the first two seasons or should I start from the beginning?
Sep 5, 2014 3:07 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Farscape1 said:
I put off reading the manga after season 2 because I was expecting a third season at some point, having no clue it got turned into a "movie" along the way.

Since the general consensus I'm getting here is that the "movie" is a god awful bastardized rush job I'm planning on going back to the manga before watching it.

If there a good place to pick up having watched the first two seasons or should I start from the beginning?
well you might as well read it from the start if you want, otherwise Hiyori's arc (which is the 1st movie in the anime) concludes at around chapter 40 iirc
Sep 6, 2014 8:28 AM

Jun 2012
Kinda disappointed, I waited years for this and it didnt really do it much for me. And only 50 min.
I do have a sudden urge to finish up the manga.
Sep 6, 2014 3:31 PM

Jan 2013
Completely disappointed. That is all I have to say.
Sep 6, 2014 4:41 PM

Aug 2012
''Wait... that's it?''

My reaction to this, a 3rd season would've been better. It gets a 7/10 for the comedy.
Sep 7, 2014 12:23 PM

Jun 2014
I'm really disappointed. 7/10.
Sep 7, 2014 6:21 PM

Sep 2012
So i waste my 50mins for this movie for the love of nymph rate it 7/10. Well time to read the manga now.
jin15Sep 7, 2014 6:26 PM

Sep 7, 2014 8:43 PM
Nov 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Only about 50 minutes in total.

All the characters return in this including Chaos who even comes to Tomoki's house. Is it just me or does she look quite adorable in this? Delta's rage was delicious though. There wasn't much action but there sure were a lot of delusional moments. The ending was somewhat emotional I guess. It almost had the same feeling as the previous movie. Tears all around.

Mikako, you and your little inventions LOL

LOL MY ARSE. read the manga then rage at the movie pls.
Sep 8, 2014 8:36 AM

Oct 2013
WTF happened ? this was crap complete and utter crap, calling it the final movie ? remove the intro and the end it would still be a fairly enjoyable OVA.

This ... this is shit, the series deserved better, so so so so so much better. Anyone and everyone disappointed by this go and read the manga.
Sep 8, 2014 1:59 PM
Mar 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Only about 50 minutes in total.

All the characters return in this including Chaos who even comes to Tomoki's house. Is it just me or does she look quite adorable in this? Delta's rage was delicious though. There wasn't much action but there sure were a lot of delusional moments. The ending was somewhat emotional I guess. It almost had the same feeling as the previous movie. Tears all around.

Mikako, you and your little inventions LOL

I'm either picking up sarcasm from your post or your lack of knowledge about the manga.
Sep 9, 2014 8:43 AM

Jan 2012
fuck you japan otakus and your shit taste

these fuckers can't get enough of them pubescent schoolgirls doing random stupid shit in their garbage club over and over and over and fucking over again

fucking hell man..
Sep 10, 2014 2:19 AM
Feb 2012
Your wasting you time even watching this without reading the manga... at least the manga gave a nice closure to this wonderful anime i can't say how disappointing this finale/movie substitute for a 3rd season is... just horrible and waste of time money and publishing
Sep 10, 2014 10:50 PM

Nov 2010
And they ruined it ...
at least the comedy was good .. i guess...
Sep 11, 2014 3:36 AM

May 2011
What did I just watch?!

That was my immediate thought after finishing the movie. Sudden drama. The world ending. Ikaros sacrificing her life. NOTHING was explained, and then the movie just ended.

I had to go back and read the manga, and I'm so glad I did. As everyone mentioned, the movie left out about 90% of the story! This would have made an amazing season 3, and they instead decide to do this movie that would just leave manga readers wondering "why bother?" and everyone else going "huh?". Maybe the idea was to get people to read the manga. If so, I guess it worked with me.

That ending to the manga. So epic. It's the first time in a LONG time that I can say, I did not see that coming! Daedalus and her back story completely caught me off guard, and I loved it! And what I wouldn't give to see Astraea's final battle with Chaos animated.

6/10 for the movie. 10/10 for the manga.
Sep 13, 2014 5:47 AM

May 2008
Wow... to be honest I haven't read the manga, so after watching this I don't really know what I just watched lol It's like Mahou Sensei Negima!, when you watch the OVAs you don't know what the hell happened! You have to read the missing chapters first...well, the ending wasn't so emotional because everything is rushed. 6/10
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The most annoying character in Sora no Otoshimono is..?

Asteris - Jun 22, 2013

44 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:05 PM

» Explanation

tirafesi - Sep 3, 2014

23 by falko92 »»
Dec 18, 2022 3:12 PM

Poll: » The movie should have higher ratings...

Renaultclio101 - Oct 10, 2014

7 by KungYii1994 »»
Jan 27, 2018 4:51 PM

» What was the true ending of Sora No Otoshimono?

Wincest77 - Sep 9, 2017

6 by Wincest77 »»
Sep 10, 2017 12:02 AM

» Manga happy ending

Kainemvhzc - Jan 25, 2017

1 by Yudistira »»
Feb 17, 2017 12:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.