Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 5, 2009 8:55 PM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
Metroid_Ex said:
DeathfireD said:
not like it matters anyway. Xinil has it set up so those votes don't mean shit until you've seen a certain percent of episodes.

And like radiantfire I score a show per episode. If I think the first episode is shit then it gets a score that reflects that. If the second episode is better then my score goes up for that show....etc. Not everyone votes the same way on MAL ;).
no, it was like that, he changed it back though

Why would he change it back? That makes absolutely no sense at all. Point me to the thread that says he counts scores as soon as someone adds on.
don't need to, it's quite obvious, for example Railgun is alreaded ranked 280

last Autumn all the currently airing shows were ranked in the 4000 untill a set # of episodes were aired. It's clearly back to how it used to be, I thought that was quite obvious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2009 3:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
It would be nice to have a ranking of airing series (but only for airing series) separate from the finished series. It would show how the series in progressing and doing each week.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 7, 2009 2:16 AM

Mar 2009
i recent that, OP.

Oct 7, 2009 5:24 AM

Nov 2008
I rated it based on episode 1, but should it get better or worse, I'll change it.

Because... you can change it...

...yeah.
Oct 7, 2009 5:28 AM

Jul 2009
wakka9ca said:
It would be nice to have a ranking of airing series (but only for airing series) separate from the finished series. It would show how the series in progressing and doing each week.
^This
Oct 7, 2009 4:43 PM

Jun 2007
Metroid_Ex said:
DeathfireD said:
Metroid_Ex said:
DeathfireD said:
not like it matters anyway. Xinil has it set up so those votes don't mean shit until you've seen a certain percent of episodes.

And like radiantfire I score a show per episode. If I think the first episode is shit then it gets a score that reflects that. If the second episode is better then my score goes up for that show....etc. Not everyone votes the same way on MAL ;).

Why would he change it back? That makes absolutely no sense at all. Point me to the thread that says he counts scores as soon as someone adds on.

last Autumn all the currently airing shows were ranked in the 4000 untill a set # of episodes were aired. It's clearly back to how it used to be, I thought that was quite obvious.

true, I don't think he intentionally did that though. It might be good to make a thread in support or simply PM him since he's been very clear to all the people, like me, that bitch about how messed up the score system is that the votes dont get counted till a person has seen a specific percentage of the series (I believe it's 1 quarter but I could be wrong).

@wakka9ca That's been proposed a few times but never got any attention for some reason. Same with the proposal of not counting scores for "currently airing" shows until the series is over with.
Oct 8, 2009 6:15 AM

Sep 2007
DeathfireD said:
Metroid_Ex said:
DeathfireD said:
Metroid_Ex said:
DeathfireD said:

true, I don't think he intentionally did that though. It might be good to make a thread in support or simply PM him since he's been very clear to all the people, like me, that bitch about how messed up the score system is that the votes dont get counted till a person has seen a specific percentage of the series (I believe it's 1 quarter but I could be wrong).

@wakka9ca That's been proposed a few times but never got any attention for some reason. Same with the proposal of not counting scores for "currently airing" shows until the series is over with.
Kill me later for not doing research before posting, but as I recall, there are different rules for shows that are airing - how else would for instance the shōnen trio have a ranking as it is now? I suspect that your vote counts when you have seen a quarter of what has been aired (or in those lines), and a quarter of a completed anime. I can't really say that this is a broken system.
Oct 8, 2009 8:15 AM

Oct 2008
the only people who could be considered retarded for rating a series based on the first ep would the one's who watch 1st episode, give it a rating of one and then drop the series completely.

Oct 8, 2009 11:11 AM
Apr 2009
Oh, so I'm retarded now.

I rate anime exactly how I feel about them. Right now, after the first episode, I feel like Kämpfer deserves a 6 out of 10, because the first episode gave me some good laughs(although they were cheap), and it probably won't change much over the course of the series.
However, ANY running anime has the benefit of the doubt for me. Unless I REALLY don't feel like watching anymore(which means: I've got better series that I want to see), I won't drop anime.

If Kämpfer turns into a great series I'll raise the score, if it turns out to be boring after the jokes get repeated and repeated, I'll lower the score.

My ratings are mostly based on one simple thing: is the anime fun to watch?
The first episode of Kämpfer was fun, but not so much, so it's a 6/10.

By the way, I sometimes even change scores long after I've completed an anime. Sometimes hype needs to die out before the true score can be determined.
And that's the fun thing about MAL: you can change the goddamn scores whenever you want. That might be the main reason why people are retarded.
Oct 10, 2009 2:29 AM
Sep 2008
i personally came here after seeing it at my favorite streaming site to have a look around i saw a terrible review of it wasnt expecting much but decided to give it a go

once i finished i couldnt believe some1 could make such a mean review so i felt that others might get turned away b4 they watch it cus that review so i made my own little bit

i do feel that it was good so far and built a good base for story humor and action unlike some others i have seen

my review isnt really a review its just a counter weight to that other person bad review
Oct 11, 2009 5:15 PM
Sep 2008
Beef_Whistle said:
You know what else is retarded rating a review not helpful before it is even completed.

dont post it if its not complete or delete it when u are ready to update ur entry
Oct 13, 2009 8:19 PM

Jul 2009
Well ratings do affect the overall score because if a bunch of people give it 6s-7s now, most other people won't bother picking up this anime. So the majority will only be 6s and 7s... unfortunately.
Dec 2, 2009 8:07 PM

Apr 2009
You can't rate an anime If you have not yet finished it...E.g. NGE,Lain,Ergo Proxy,Chrno Crusade,,
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2009 11:02 PM

Jun 2009
Sad thing is the anime is so far pretty good around a 8 - 8.5 (my score) but ppl gives it low scores either they judge it by the 1st episode (which is just plain out stupid) and/or other idiots follows the other idiot giving low scores. On top of that the obvious thing right now its not finished with the whole season so their scores are invalid IMO.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kämpfer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Dec 17, 2009

252 by il887 »»
Apr 20, 2:53 AM

» Crap show

sjw_vegeta - Feb 2

10 by Arnez »»
Feb 7, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Kämpfer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 22, 2009

126 by Lolicon »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Worst Character?

neow_neow - Oct 31, 2009

36 by Lolicon »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Kämpfer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Dec 10, 2009

223 by White_Alice »»
Apr 28, 2023 7:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.