Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 5, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2012
I actually enjoyed it but this anime seems very predictable.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Apr 5, 2014 3:19 PM

Apr 2013
Not bad, I might enjoy the fantasy elements despite all the cliches
Will watch more
Apr 5, 2014 3:48 PM

Mar 2013
Hmm this was an average first episode. I was expecting more, clearly, but it wasn't that bad. Dragons and lolis... And a not useless MC. I guess I can take this. I want to see more about Eco, I bet she will be my favorite.
Apr 5, 2014 3:51 PM

Sep 2010
Well.. Unlike the beginning of this thread I actually like this anime so far..

Dragons and magic , like come'on what's not fun about that. Is it great? Not really. Especially not after an anime like Nagi No Asukara. But it's not awful by any means.
Apr 5, 2014 4:18 PM
Nov 2013
Looks like this show is all about boobage and racing dinosaurs *sigh*

The dragons look pretty bad, the world is bland with little to no world building so far, and the characters are pretty generic. The art style is alright. Probably wont continue watching

2/5 Did not like
Apr 5, 2014 4:33 PM

Feb 2012
Soo what I got is that the dragon lady impregnated that dude's arm. Now he's the father of that dragon girl and he's gonna ride his daughter. If only..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2014 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
Zero no Tsukaima dragon version. And now Louise his parr is now born who'd probably turn out to be the strongest dragon ever.

Seems generic and average at best but it hasn't raised a red flag in me yet which is a good sign.I guess the only thing that made me facepalm inside was that one-day long date. How conceited can you get >_>

If this is going down the harem route, I really really really hope the MC doesn't become a doormat over time.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 5, 2014 5:06 PM

Apr 2014
i remember reading some of the manga, it's a fairly decent series.
was a little disappointed by the start imo, felt kinda rushed.

artwork looks good, but the op & ed were horrible. voice acting is mediocre as well..
Apr 5, 2014 5:23 PM

Feb 2014
Bit too fanservice and moe girls centered for my liking, but I still had a reasonable time watching this.

And those dragons actually look like they are drawn and not made with CGI. Or maybe it's just good CGI or a mix of both? Anyway they don't look awful.

Gonna give this another episode or two. I do like the tsundere princess and there are a few other interesting characters judging from the opening.
Just sit back, and let your tears do the talking as I save you.
Apr 5, 2014 5:26 PM

Sep 2013
F*CK YES, LOVE ME MY GENERIC CLICHE LOVE /HAREM ANIMES, I LIVE FOR THIS SH!T!

BETTER ART, ANIMATION, MUSIC AND STORY THAN KAGURA HIME NO MONOGATARI AND AKU NO HANA, INSTA 9/10 FOR NOW, WILL SEE HOW IT UNFOLDS .
Apr 5, 2014 5:28 PM
Oct 2012
One question: What's Ash's parr's personality like, for anyone that knows?

I really don't want to see a Louise 2.0....
Apr 5, 2014 5:48 PM

Nov 2012
1 minute in already gorier than Pupa.

OP was catchy.

Ash Blake=Most generic name ever.

This anime can be summarized in 5 words: Riding and Taming loli dragons (seems like this could be good if turned into a hentai).

Going to be that guy and say Silvia looks like Saber.

This reminds me of Unbreakable Machine-Doll quite abit.
Apr 5, 2014 5:50 PM

Jan 2014
This series looks quite interesting. Although there were some cliche bits in the beginning, It didn't bug me too much. I won't drop this immediately after the first episode.

I just hope that the fan service won't over shadow the plot of the show.
Apr 5, 2014 5:54 PM

Oct 2013
5/10 average, very unoriginal, stereotypical characters, predictable story, stupidity at its finest. Main Character is the usual over-aggressive idiot who gets all the girls affection for absolutely no reason.

The only reason I give it 5/10 so far because its slightly better than some other junk I've seen this season so far hah.

Well I don't like Harems, I will continue watching this, after all it has a tiny bit of orginality with Dragons and a Dragon riding school. Though it seems that it would make no difference if it was Mechas and a Mecha piloting school...

Since this is a Harem..... Silvia best girl because I like Royalty/Nobility arrogant girls. Though all the girls seem to represent a stereotypical or an archetypal personality. In any case I will continue watching this to at least 3 episodes just to give it a chance, maybe the next episodes will be better....
I am a human.
Apr 5, 2014 5:54 PM

Oct 2013
Damn!! i wanna ride some badass dragon, no loli girl like Louise
Apr 5, 2014 5:55 PM

Jan 2013
Really though I wasn't going to like it after the first minute.
Pleasantly surprised, good OP and ED.
Apr 5, 2014 6:19 PM

Oct 2012
it was interesting. dunno how i feel about it...
every other girl had massive melons...

ill watch a few more eps before i decide to keep watching or not :P
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Apr 5, 2014 7:14 PM

Aug 2012
Why does MC look like Tennouji Kotarou? If his hair was just a bit darker and messier..
Apr 5, 2014 7:21 PM

Dec 2013
It wasn't the most original thing in the world but I am intrigued by the dragon fighting. As long as the main lead isn't useless this anime won't be useless.
Apr 5, 2014 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
I don't know what to think of this..

i like dragons was hoping he would get a badass dragon pairr but instead i got a pink haired loli i quit!
Apr 5, 2014 7:31 PM

Apr 2011
I don't know where this will lead to...

Not impress with the art and animation. Maybe just needs getting used to.

I'll give it a few more episodes to decide.
Apr 5, 2014 7:39 PM

Jul 2013
Not bad.
Yeah, definitely got a Familiar of Zero vibe to it.
Very cliche, but I don't really care about that though.
Hot-headed MC, who's hated by most at the school. No. 1 problem child.
Heh, he saves someone who tried to kill him, only to be thrown off himself.
His dragon turned out to be a girl? (Maybe a girl who can transform into one..)
I'll continue to watch this.
Apr 5, 2014 8:15 PM

Aug 2013
Lol this is terrible. Generic as fuck indeed.
Though I'll be kind enough to give it 1 or 2 more episodes before choose to drop it.
Apr 5, 2014 8:18 PM

Mar 2014
It was lacking a bit in the art department but the story seems to be a little interesting so I won't drop it just yet. A 4 from me.
I like anime and you like anime. We have more in common than you think.....
Apr 5, 2014 8:21 PM

Apr 2013
Why the hell would that risk his life to save someone who just tried to kill him? I will give it a few more episodes.
Apr 5, 2014 9:08 PM

Jun 2013
Will continue watching this because I heard DIIIIOOOOOO (that masked dude).
Apr 5, 2014 10:05 PM

Apr 2010
Lots of plot in this one, huh? They probably should have spent less time drawing huge tits and instead improved the dragon animation. And Raymond's mullet.

Funimation can keep this one lol.

I think it would actually be more worth my time to wait for the C86 H-doujins to come out for this show. About the only thing I like so far are the girl's school uniforms.

Apr 5, 2014 10:45 PM

Apr 2012
There's an uncut version of this released by Animekoi. Apparently Funimation thought a particular scene was too raunchy so they cut it out. It's a 2 minute clip.

Apr 5, 2014 10:57 PM

Jan 2008
The main character annoys the piss out of me but I'll watch at least three episodes before calling it quits.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
Apr 5, 2014 10:59 PM

Oct 2010
And here I thought this might have finally been the appearance of a male character with a backbone, willing to stand up for himself.

Nope.

I really hate male characters that don't act their part. Going around feeling all righteous trying to save someone he's trying to beat in order to endear himself to her, completely forgetting that she cussed him and his Pal out in the process. Then sacrifices himself to save an assassin trying to kill him. Makes me go bleh straight off the bat, and this is coming from someone who read the manga.
Apr 5, 2014 11:01 PM

Dec 2011
It wasn't bad... especially comparing this to Mahou Sensou (yes I am looking at you).
Can't wait to see more of this Kadokawa's light novel, with No Game No Life on the side.

Sure gave the Zero no Tsukaima vibe.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2014 11:09 PM

Apr 2011
AppoX said:
5/10 average, very unoriginal, stereotypical characters, predictable story, stupidity at its finest. Main Character is the usual over-aggressive idiot who gets all the girls affection for absolutely no reason.

What exactly are you watching? He's the most hated guy in the whole school.
Apr 5, 2014 11:13 PM

Apr 2012
That last scene definitely gave off Zero no Tsukaima vibes. Guilty pleasure watch of the season !

Apr 5, 2014 11:16 PM

Dec 2013
First drop of the season, the art looks like something from 2008 and it seems to be your standard echi/harem. I don't have time for these kind of shows, as they don't appeal to me. Have fun watching if you keep watching though.
Miss me?
Apr 5, 2014 11:29 PM

Jan 2011
Cute girls and decent ecchi. Not a bad theme the show has set up.

I'll stick around. Might be entertaining. Not going to be a brain blaster and that's fine. You either like these set ups or don't. I like having one or two of these in the mix during a season.
Apr 6, 2014 12:10 AM

Sep 2013
The school reminds me of Harry Potter, 7 year enrollment to boot.

I wonder if only some dragons have wings or if they grow with time? The wingless one's look like dinosaurs when running bipedal. Nrm there are just different types, Eartheo and Maestro.

Shit he took the fall :O Fucking realistic, no way he could of pulled her up in that situation, although most people wouldn't do that for a stranger that tried to kill them :P

Fun ED

Well fun first episode, it's like Machine-doll had a baby with Dragon Crisis XD; I just hope it is better than Machine-doll, I don't remember Dragon Crisis well enough to compare.
Apr 6, 2014 12:30 AM

Apr 2012
Fiji said:
It wasn't bad... especially comparing this to Mahou Sensou (yes I am looking at you).
Can't wait to see more of this Kadokawa's light novel, with No Game No Life on the side.

Sure gave the Zero no Tsukaima vibe.

there are a lot of things better than Mahou Sensou :|

Apr 6, 2014 4:44 AM

Apr 2010
I haven't read the light novel of this one but i did read the manga and i have to say so far the manga looked much better however there is still allot that can happen in future episodes so i guess it's fine for now.
Seems to me that it was censored as usual which is out of place in an story like this so it might be best to wait for the AT-X version or blue ray, that's if you are willing to wait off course.
For now i want to see what next week brings us.
Apr 6, 2014 4:48 AM

Apr 2013
The manga was really funny. The first episode was okay.
duderusApr 6, 2014 4:57 AM

Apr 6, 2014 5:32 AM
Jul 2018
Whilst I liked the manga (though havent read much), I don't think the adaptation will be any good if quality continues like the 1st episode.
Apr 6, 2014 6:05 AM

Aug 2011
Hmm. It was ok. I think this will be a pretty random series I wasn't that conviced by the art nor the story. I think they are more anime better than this one to watch this season. I may drop it.
Apr 6, 2014 6:33 AM

May 2010
ownosourus said:
No hope for this season.

Half-agreed. So far, all the anime I've watched are either so-so or barely across the line...
Apr 6, 2014 8:44 AM

May 2009
Wasn't bad. MC isn't complete douchebag, nice seiyuus, no cgi dragons.
Apr 6, 2014 9:57 AM

Oct 2013
Ill follow this because voice actors and zero no tsukaima vibes.
Apr 6, 2014 10:10 AM
Mar 2013
Wasn't there another anime that aired a few years ago that had a similar premise about a dragon girl? What was it called? And no, I am not reffering to Toa from Dragonaut (ugh), she was tiny like this one and voiced by Rye I think.
Don't you think "Oh, not again" when you hear an anime start with cicadas?
Apr 6, 2014 11:02 AM

Jul 2012
So far I enjoy this anime.

Great episode!!!
Apr 6, 2014 11:31 AM

Oct 2009
Hmmm kinda actually better than I was expecting. You got your usual harem MC;
HowTragic said:
And here I thought this might have finally been the appearance of a male character with a backbone, willing to stand up for himself.

Nope.

I really hate male characters that don't act their part. Going around feeling all righteous trying to save someone he's trying to beat in order to endear himself to her, completely forgetting that she cussed him and his Pal out in the process. Then sacrifices himself to save an assassin trying to kill him. Makes me go bleh straight off the bat, and this is coming from someone who read the manga.

^Seriously why can't this genre get past this dam trope?!

And of course a bitchy blonde princess with family issues.

Not impressed with the art. But I got a feeling that this could easily turn out to be this season's Strike the Blood, urghh..I'll give this 2 more episodes. Hopefully all that oppai won't suck me in X|
AozureApr 6, 2014 11:38 AM
Apr 6, 2014 11:54 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
There we go, the generic harem of the season.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 6, 2014 12:12 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty enjoyable. Chiche, but enjoyable. I will keep watching :)
Apr 6, 2014 6:16 PM

Aug 2013
Boobs, dragon and rebel young boy. Okay.

The princess is strangely familiar to the girl he laying with in the beginning...

I saw a lot of people being mad because of the censoring, but it look like I watched the uncensored version. The team that fansub in french probably took the raw material.

So much big boobs... Too bad I'm more a petite guy :P

The story look pretty generic. A young boy always persecuted for his weakness against the other peoples from his age and then suddenly gain an immense power (well, we don't know yet if that dragon is powerful or not but I guess that it will be obvious...). We also have the idolize sempai, the disliked tsundere, the girl that tried to kill the MC but will probably get closer to him, the perverted friend. Well, there have to be those kind of show so I don't mind that much.

It was an okay beginning. Can't say I didn't liked it.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2014

144 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2014

100 by jdzero »»
Feb 14, 5:14 PM

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

48 by Nongquoc136 »»
Aug 16, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2014

45 by Nongquoc136 »»
Aug 16, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

61 by Nongquoc136 »»
Aug 15, 2023 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.