Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 21, 2014 8:20 AM

Jan 2014
Mugen_Time said:
Well...that was a lame resolution :/

Maybe I'm being insensitive but the reactions and reasoning just felt so...stupid.
Especially that whole thing with reviving the 'Dark Flame Dragon' and how incredibly over-dramatised Rikka's little hunt was.
Sorry Rikka, I can't help but find your actions rather idiotic.

This episode just dropped my score from a 7 to a 6... or lower. It sure left a sour taste in my mouth.

Only thing I liked was Satone's 'bye bye'.
Even if her character didn't serve much of a purpose, she's still my favourite.

Agreed. Kumin's filler ep, Makoto's removal and the little screen time and development Satone was getting already droped to 7/6 points this season to me. But this is getting just worse. This went from 10 from season 1 to 6/5 this season.

neonBdragon said:
The bye-bye at the end is her going to move away or just cut all connection to the hero?

Zelot said:
What is bye-bye suppose to mean?!
is she leaving the show?
Is she pushing him out of her heart?
Is she just going somewhere and saying bye-bye like a normal person? Though je-nai would have been said... chuunibyou may say bye bye.
Looking forward to the next episode.

Just my guess;
Remember episode 3:
Yuuta:"You never said bye or see you"
Satone: "Because that would mean we would have to part.The moment you say a word of parting, you've already parted"

Schimiya finished this with a "bye-bye". I guess we know what is going to happen next episode.
Mar 21, 2014 8:31 AM

Jul 2013
lol they sure have a large imagination and determination xD

Shichimiya's "bye-bye" sure hits hard doesn't it?
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Mar 21, 2014 8:32 AM
Oct 2010
kuuurt said:
Ajunky said:
VanishingKira said:
not even a kiss could save this lackluster season.
This... Just this.

Did you seriously expect a kiss from KyoAni?
Nope, dunno what makes you think that.

It's just like it's written: a kiss wouldn't save this. That's it.

jiraiya_sensei said:
I feel like a love triangle between Dekomori x Nibutani x Satone would be much more epic.
It would also have served a purpose.

Yuuta and Rikka already knew/acknowledged how they felt about each other, but that's not the case with Dekomori and Nibutani. XD
AjunkyMar 21, 2014 8:42 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 21, 2014 8:55 AM

Apr 2012
god dammnit Kyoani doesn't have the gut to make a harem ending.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 21, 2014 8:56 AM

Apr 2012
Nerorex said:
Well as much as I've liked Satone opposed to all the other characters in this show, she has been extremely irrelevant to the show and if she does leave the series next episode like I think she will it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

I don't think anything that happens next week can save what has been a pretty mediocre season in my mind.
+1
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 21, 2014 9:16 AM

Mar 2013
Only good things about this ep were the sneaky nisemonogatari reference and the fact that pink-hair is finally gone
Full time redditor and fedora owner, gg
Mar 21, 2014 9:30 AM

Oct 2009
Nah ... fuck this.

Fuck this Chuunibyou bullshit -- it was all about the Shichimiya.

I'm okay with Rikka but Rikka X Yuuta is like Father X Daughter or at best Oni-chan X Imouto ...

EDIT:

Dat "Bye-bye" ...
YanofliesMar 21, 2014 9:37 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2014 9:47 AM

Aug 2012
One more to go. Season could've been better but I still enjoyed it. Shicimiya is now moving in from yuuta.
Mar 21, 2014 9:56 AM

Dec 2012
This season has been just pure filler for entertainment. Yuuta, Rikka and co. has been reduced to just objects of fanservice to preserve the chuuni atmosphere from season 1. The only thing that possibly had development this season was Nibutani/Mori Summer. Considering how last episode set up such a good drama only for this episode to have it resolve in quick fashion, Satone was really an extremely unnecessary character for the season. (Although I like her.)

Still hovering between a 5 and a 6 for this season. Next episode will determine it I guess.
Mar 21, 2014 10:20 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
not sure if epic or not but it felt awesome to watch lol
Mar 21, 2014 11:08 AM

Oct 2011
Dark Flame Dragon has been revived. Oh Shihchimiya don't leave!!!
Mar 21, 2014 11:15 AM
Dec 2013
Dat Mori-summer <3.
Mar 21, 2014 11:32 AM
Mar 2014
WHAT AM I GOING TO DO AFTER THIS AMAZING ANIME FINISHES? ;____;

I really hope Shichimiya doesn't leave.
Mar 21, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
That was the perfect atmosphere for a kiss scene.
There must be one in the last episode.
Hard to imagine what that fight looked like without the lens of chuunibyou.
Mar 21, 2014 12:03 PM

Mar 2014
Expected some more drama. this was just shit. 11 episodes for just 1 kiss on the cheek..

Dat bye-bye at the end though.. T_T
Mar 21, 2014 12:05 PM

Feb 2013
Kinda... loved this episode more than the previous one. - oh my gosh I love Sichimiya so much why did she end so cliched-up ? - Rikka is such an interesting character. I was so afraid for Yuuta to stay blind as hell. But he saw it coming and (please could he get mad at Rikka someday ? Just make her understand he loves her more than her stupid chunni please.)

Okay I'm done.
Mar 21, 2014 12:33 PM

Sep 2012
Despite all this hate on the forum the anime is still rated at 7.99, rofl.

DistancyJul 22, 2014 5:17 PM
Mar 21, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2012
Distancy said:
Despite all this hate on the forum the anime is still rated at 7.99, rofl.
Probably a lot of people rated it 8 or 9 early on just because it's Chuunibyou, or because ep 2 or 3 was really good-wait this is MAL what am I even doing
Mar 21, 2014 1:11 PM

Apr 2013
Oh my, Dekomori getting jealous was too cute >//<.
A kind of intense episode. Still I can't enjoy this season at its fullest because Sophia is really annoying.
Mar 21, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2009
much nibutani, much love.
Mar 21, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2008
Whooo!
They bring moments from

I thought there will be kiss on lips...
only hugs... ;(

I wish they should reality/fantasy...
because I always think how this look in real xD
Mar 21, 2014 2:17 PM
Feb 2013
NIII, HA,HA,HA,HAAA 1 more to go.
Mar 21, 2014 2:55 PM

Mar 2012
Cedronia said:
This is what happen when they decided to go original (completely different from novel)...Shichimiya become unnecessary character and this season is kinda pointless. At least this is still more enjoyable than most of winter anime...
Please at least give a decent final episode to wrap up the season or else...

Why didn't they stick with the novels?
Mar 21, 2014 3:00 PM

Aug 2012
xAvengerx said:
Cedronia said:
This is what happen when they decided to go original (completely different from novel)...Shichimiya become unnecessary character and this season is kinda pointless. At least this is still more enjoyable than most of winter anime...
Please at least give a decent final episode to wrap up the season or else...

Why didn't they stick with the novels?

Cause KyoAni wants to be more "original"
Mar 21, 2014 3:18 PM

Jul 2013
Well,with just one episode to go it is now safe to say that this season is definetly worse than the first.

kuuurt said:
Shichimiya's status: BLOWN THE FUCK OUT ;_;
Ajunky said:
VanishingKira said:
not even a kiss could save this lackluster season.
This... Just this.

Did you seriously expect a kiss from KyoAni?

Well, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu did have a kiss scene, if I remeber correctly. So it's not entirely impossible.
Mar 21, 2014 3:19 PM

Dec 2011
Aw. I expected a battle with that grand opening of the seal... kinda disappointed that it didn't really happen.

Oh well, I thought at the end, Sophia would say "I love you" to Yuuta. Ahh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2014 3:21 PM

Apr 2010
What i am mainly hoping is that they don't screw up the ending this time which they did with the previous season, tho the previous season had a much stronger buildup to the ending.
Something that's completely lacking here.
It feels like they went for the safe option this time and go with a neutral ending especially seeing how things are going right now.
Personally i thing despite the horrible ending first season was much better then this season so hopefully they will do something good with the ending this time.
Need to wait a week to find out tho.
Mar 21, 2014 3:37 PM

Nov 2013
Meh. I don't know why, but KyoAni supernatural action doesn't click with me at all.
Mar 21, 2014 3:39 PM

Jun 2013
Only one episode left. Don't screw up the ending now! We need something solid, something concrete... like a kiss and a love confession between Yuuta and Rikka will hit the mark.

Also there's one thing that has been bothering me through this whole season: and that is the fact that Yuuta has no male friends! And the only one he ever had has been reduced below support character level to the point of everyone forgetting about him (basically he does not count lol). Don't get me wrong! I'm all up for being surrounded by girls, but, from a westerner's point of view, I find it extremely unrealistic for a teenage guy (or any guy for that matter) to not have even one male friend. That sort of thing breaks the immersion and lowers the overall enjoyment level of any show IMHO.
Tengoku_no_hakaiMar 21, 2014 3:42 PM
Mar 21, 2014 3:49 PM

Jun 2010
Imagine if Dragonball was animated by KyoAni. Damn. Dat Dark Flame Dragon tho!
Mar 21, 2014 3:56 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
-MgZ_ said:
Imagine if Dragonball was animated by KyoAni. Damn. Dat Dark Flame Dragon tho!
It reminded me a lot of The Great Leviathan from Yu-Gi-Oh appearance-wise :P
Mar 21, 2014 4:07 PM

May 2012
Only one more craptastic episode to go. I'm so sick of this terrible show and this terrible season.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 21, 2014 4:20 PM

Jul 2013
http://i.imgur.com/HTLgjFI.gif

Nuff said.

Ajunky said:
VanishingKira said:
Not even a kiss could save this lackluster season.
This... Just this.
Mar 21, 2014 4:24 PM

Apr 2013
second season is a massive disappointment.
Mar 21, 2014 4:43 PM

Aug 2013
xchee said:
Rapidfir3Pho3nix said:
OMFG you people are almost as dense as Yuuta.

Satone was introduced to bring Rikka and Yuuta closer together. That was the whole point. They became closer than they were thanks to Satone; she was not irrelevant. Damn, that should be obvious. Anyways, it'll be sad to see her leave next episode.

We have Touka and Nibutani to do that.

Besides...its not like they developed that much...
Mar 21, 2014 5:05 PM

May 2013
Shichimiya suicide scene OH NO, dont do that! NOOOoooooo!
Mar 21, 2014 5:09 PM

Jan 2012
Satone x Yuuta all the way, dat Bye-bye tugged my heartstrings
Mar 21, 2014 5:13 PM
Mar 2014
I hate that people keep saying that this season was boring and unnecessary wich is not true, Ok the whole schimiya thing ending was kinda pointless in a way i agree but then again she kinda just came out of nowhere and replaced isshiki if you think about it, if she leaves and they make a season 3 then maybe ishiki will come back (Idk why they took him out as a main character anyway) Also their were alot of progression in this season now we know that their is a possibility for Nibutani x Dekomori, at first i thought it was gonna turn into a harem when Kumin said that "Mori summer loves you" but then she said Deko and Rikka aswell so i was like "Phew" because if it was a harem it would have ruined the series, this is like the only series that has 1 male Character and the rest are all girls and is not a harem wich i love most about it because its so original and not cliched like most anime also their was alot of things that happend with mori-summer and yuuta and rikka developed a little, Not as much as i thought, but still this anime has its own flavor its very orginal, i like that the author is taking it nice and slow because in most series the couple would have just kissed already maybe in the 5th or 6th episode or even earlier depending how long it is, So im honestly enjoying the series and im kinda glad schimiya is gonna leave, I did feel for her but honestly its too late in the series for their to be a love triangle because yuuta and rikka are already together, it would be different if Rikka or yutta just liked each other and they werent a official couple yet and schimiya was their back in the first season then i would understand but since their already together theirs really no point in a love triangle unless you want yuuta and rikka to break up some how anyway like i said the whole schimya leaving was kinda dum because thats what this season was mainly about but their were alot of other things that happend in it like the fake mori-summer and rikka losing her chunnibyou and Rikka and yuuta living together like their married, so in my opinion this was not a pointless season.
Mar 21, 2014 5:16 PM
Dec 2012
It shocked me when I know all the random things that Rikka done serves a purpose. The whole point of this season is to REVIVE THE DARK FLAME DRAGON. That hug is AWESOME. Love this season very much.
Hope that the last episode they kisses.
P.S.GTFO haters.
Mar 21, 2014 5:26 PM

Aug 2013
BlackCrescent said:
It shocked me when I know all the random things that Rikka done serves a purpose. The whole point of this season is to REVIVE THE DARK FLAME DRAGON. That hug is AWESOME. Love this season very much.
Hope that the last episode they kisses.
P.S.GTFO haters.

But I couldn't get the exact purpose of it, why was so important to revive the dragon?
Mar 21, 2014 6:30 PM

May 2012
Faust91x said:
But I couldn't get the exact purpose of it, why was so important to revive the dragon?

I'm guessing it was Rikka actually feeling insecure about her relationship from the start; it was going nowhere and she didn't quite know what to do to step it up. Then, she found that old chunni letter from DFM and suddenly she had something she could do to prove that she was worthy of "having a contract" with DFM. It was something she could actually grasp, rather than dealing with her emotions on the real world (which she also eventually did anyway). It was very important for HER, even if it wasn't important for Yuuta.

So, to me the whole season is about finding ways of dealing with your own emotions. Same goes for Shichimiya.

I must admit that like a lot of folks here I found this episode to be a little anti-climatic; but then watching it a second time, it struck me as very... subtle in many ways. Maybe a bit fast paced, which gives this sllight off-putting feeling and not enough room for everything to sink in. It's like vanilla ice cream. If you eat it too fast you can't appreciate it.

Shichimiya is NOT over it just yet! You can see it in her eyes on the final scene. Her fight with the Dark Flame Dragon, like in Rikka's case, was to deal with her feelings by fighting them on the Chuuni world. She may have defeated the dragon, but look again; she was falling uncounscious after it was over, meaning that such victory had a cost, a sacrifice. On the real world, she is trying to do the same now, and she is still doing so by trying to keep a strong façade. Her sacrifice? Yes: saying goodbye.
JPblueserMar 21, 2014 6:48 PM
Mar 21, 2014 7:05 PM

Aug 2008
bastek66 said:
This episode proves how unnecesary was even introducing Shichimiya in this season.

Yeah, I completely agree. When Shichimiya said goodbye to Yuta, it wouldn't surprise me if she suddenly moves away.

This season definitely sucks compared to the previous one.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 21, 2014 8:08 PM

Mar 2012
Is it just me or Shichimiya gave the idea that she was going to leave then?
Mar 21, 2014 8:55 PM

Jun 2013
Wait. I'm so confused. What was the conflict?

I really enjoyed the first 6-7 episodes for all the great comedy and slight advancements in the main pair's relationship. Sure, not really big plot motivators, but still a lot fun to watch. But others have been pointing out, it reeeaaally stalled these past few episodes.
-Trippwire-Mar 21, 2014 9:03 PM
Mar 21, 2014 9:24 PM
Jun 2011
JPblueser said:
Faust91x said:

I'm guessing it was Rikka actually feeling insecure about her relationship from the start; it was going nowhere and she didn't quite know what to do to step it up. Then, she found that old chunni letter from DFM and suddenly she had something she could do to prove that she was worthy of "having a contract" with DFM. It was something she could actually grasp, rather than dealing with her emotions on the real world (which she also eventually did anyway). It was very important for HER, even if it wasn't important for Yuuta.

So, to me the whole season is about finding ways of dealing with your own emotions. Same goes for Shichimiya.

I must admit that like a lot of folks here I found this episode to be a little anti-climatic; but then watching it a second time, it struck me as very... subtle in many ways. Maybe a bit fast paced, which gives this sllight off-putting feeling and not enough room for everything to sink in. It's like vanilla ice cream. If you eat it too fast you can't appreciate it.

Shichimiya is NOT over it just yet! You can see it in her eyes on the final scene. Her fight with the Dark Flame Dragon, like in Rikka's case, was to deal with her feelings by fighting them on the Chuuni world. She may have defeated the dragon, but look again; she was falling uncounscious after it was over, meaning that such victory had a cost, a sacrifice. On the real world, she is trying to do the same now, and she is still doing so by trying to keep a strong façade. Her sacrifice? Yes: saying goodbye.

That's it.

I admitted that this season is weaker than first, but not quite. The real problem is the way KyoAni convey a story to us (or because the chuuni conversation is hard to understand).

As for Rikka in this season, you need to remember almost all the subtle things in the previous episodes so that you understand what the point she was doing in this episode, which is to confirm the relationship between her and Yuuta (in a chuuni way). As you can see when she said "I am a contractor, but I didn't have any key while Sophia did"

Anyway, I don't expect everyone to agree with me about this, but I don't think Shichimiya has no purpose as a character. And I've enjoyed this season so far, even it does not match the 1st season.
Mar 21, 2014 9:35 PM

Jan 2011
As usual, what an amazing episode! I really felt the drama build up at points of the episodes. Everyone character is amazing~ They all had their roles and portrayed them well. The osts were also amazing this episode. Set the mood right for the most important parts.

Can't wait for the next episode~
HolyLightMar 21, 2014 9:43 PM
How many amazing anime are out there to be found?
Mar 21, 2014 9:59 PM

Jun 2007
Rapidfir3Pho3nix said:
OMFG you people are almost as dense as Yuuta.

Satone was introduced to bring Rikka and Yuuta closer together. That was the whole point. They became closer than they were thanks to Satone; she was not irrelevant. Damn, that should be obvious. Anyways, it'll be sad to see her leave next episode.
There is never anything introduced in the series that would lead you to believe they aren't growing closer. Everything that happened so far this season has felt like it was the natural course of their relationship regardless of Satone.
Mar 21, 2014 10:31 PM

May 2012
How come every character has to have a "purpose"? They just exist, like any other real person.... They add color and life to a story.

Shichimiya is there so her own story can be told; someone who has chosen to give up her own feelings on the past only for them to come back at full force when it's already too late... And then having to choke down these feelings for the sake of the others... That's HER story, not Yuuta's or Rikka's.

This anime is not JUST about Yuuta x Rikka, at least not for me.

But well... to each his own.

And yeah, I DO like Shichimiya very much. Her "bye-bye" really stung my heart.
Mar 21, 2014 10:47 PM

Feb 2011
babymilo91 said:
Mori Summer sighting again lol. This was a good episode. That bye-bye at the end got to me a bit.

that bye bye at the end kinda made my heart drop a little
Mar 22, 2014 1:21 AM

Dec 2013
TravSavage said:
So... what was the point of this season again?

Maybe introduce the origins of some of the 8th grade syndrome members.
Shichimiya is like the middle person who has connections with both Yuuta and Nibutani during their 8th grade syndrome. Sanae still calling Nibutani fake-morisummer kind of kills it though.

So basically just a normal love-triangle with searching for inner-love through finding keys(coins) to solidify their enteral contract, while also staying who they are(the more they love Yuuta, the more they fall into reality thing).

It's not the best but I think you guys are being a bit too rough here. It's really hard to mix the fake world and real world like this anime does and when I go back and try to evaluate what else they could of done. Except for make Rikka giving up on her powers, but that might be better saved for a future season? Would you rather see that now, or see that in their last year of high school when they have to get ready for the "real world".
HibbingtonMar 22, 2014 1:29 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

170 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jun 1, 1:32 AM

» What happend to isshiki screentime?

ShaggyBoyy - May 28, 2023

7 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jun 1, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

295 by ShinigamiGang »»
May 19, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

415 by FarCritical »»
May 7, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2014

216 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.