Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2009 4:07 PM

May 2007
Yeah, so Maria Ross wasn't dead after all :D I hope we get to see her again~ The truth about Winry's parents came as a surprise to me... killed by Scar? woa. Also, it was funny to find that Mustang is actually talking to Riza on the phone? XD And is it a Riza episode next week? Looks interesting~~

Aug 3, 2009 4:08 PM

Feb 2009
That was a reallly good episode, it left me prodded in when they revealed that little twist, the story telling was brilliant! The next episode is looking good. The part about the guys body was funny lol! X ))
Aug 3, 2009 5:48 PM

Apr 2009
God I loved my weekly FMA fix. :)

I still have yet to disagree with Bones' adaption of the manga this time 'round, I think it was well done as usual.

I am sure all of the Mustang haters from last week can take a deep breath now after finding about Ross...

Plus I can't wait to see some of the impact players go toe to toe next week.

Sniper Hawkeye = <3
Aug 3, 2009 5:57 PM

Nov 2008
next week will be awesome

Aug 3, 2009 5:59 PM

Feb 2009
So Ross is not dead. Oh my, how (not) surprising!

Riza in sniper mode? Love it. :) Barry gets to kill himself yet not dying at the same time? Damn I want to try that too one day. :D

Other than that the episode was average but according to spoilers next one should be interesting.

Note to self: Do not click on spoiler tags, dammit!
Aug 3, 2009 6:49 PM

Feb 2009
Relenus said:
Man...

I cannot fucking wait.

Me neither.

Aug 3, 2009 8:05 PM

Nov 2007
ArnoldK said:
Relenus said:
Man...

I cannot fucking wait.

Me neither.

now i have something to look forward to next week XD
Aug 3, 2009 8:13 PM

May 2009
well, this episode did well to make the good things of the previous episode become kind of lame. Ross is alive, well, it seemed obvious but they could have showed it a few episodes later. Also Elizabeth is Hawkeye wth LOL Anyway, nothing special this episode but it ended so frighteningly.

WTH, how do you read the manga? from right to left? :/
SaptaAug 3, 2009 10:06 PM
Aug 3, 2009 8:42 PM

Mar 2009
The episode's good, but yea I agree with Sapta, they should've waited for a couple of weeks. It would have a better effect.
Aug 3, 2009 8:44 PM

Jul 2007
Felt kind of let down from this episode, some good things coming though.
Aug 3, 2009 9:00 PM

Apr 2009
Sapta said:
well, this episode did well to make the good things of the previous episode become kind of lame. Ross is alive, well, it seemed obvious but they could have showed it a few episodes later. Also Elizabeth is Hawkeye wth LOL Anyway, nothing special this episode but it ended so frighteningly.

WTH, how do you read the manga? from right to left? :/

Yes. Japanese is written right to left, so that's how manga panels/speech bubbles are set up.
Aug 3, 2009 10:01 PM
May 2008
Great episode but it didn't really do too much new besides the whole "Ross is actually alive!!!" thing. With that being said I'm definitely looking forward to the coming weeks with the newly animated work, I'm really interested in what direction they take with this season/remake.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 3, 2009 10:07 PM

May 2009

What chapter in the manga is this?
Aug 3, 2009 10:26 PM

Jul 2008
Sapta said:

It's a mixmash of 36 (only a little), 37, 38, and soon 39. The Edward stuff however, happens in chapters 40 and 41.

BEGINNER
Aug 3, 2009 11:57 PM

May 2009
adamantine said:
Sapta said:

It's a mixmash of 36 (only a little), 37, 38, and soon 39. The Edward stuff however, happens in chapters 40 and 41.

Reading it, reading it :D It's awesome XD
Aug 4, 2009 12:44 AM

Apr 2008
I'm so happy to see that Roy isn't the sob they were making him out to be. I knew it had to be a setup. Just with anime, you never know. This episode totally redeemed this series.
Aug 4, 2009 12:49 AM

Apr 2009
ArnoldK said:
Relenus said:
Man...

I cannot fucking wait.

Me neither.

So true x3 I'll fangirl, for sure. I must restrain myself.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Aug 4, 2009 2:10 AM

Jan 2008
And again, Armstrong was awesome!
Aug 4, 2009 2:42 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Snowflakes said:
Monochrome said:
This was an okay episode. Imo it would have been better if they saved the thing with Winry's parents for another episode (like it was done in the manga). There was already enough going on and it just wasn't the right time. I'm still looking forward to the next episode and at least they didn't spoil
I thought the same, I don't think the Winry thing had enough impact, as well as the Maria leaving thing.

I didn't really like this episode as much as last weeks (but last weeks episode was amazing so..)

But I'm really looking forward to next weeks episode. Looking forward to RoyXRiza moments.
i haven't read the manga, but I also think the way Ed found out about the death of Winry's parents was a little too convienient. I actually rolled my eyes when I watched Ed's reaction to finding out the truth. The way he just got really mad all of the sudden and got set on revenge wasn't convincing.

I'm also very looking forward to RoyXRiza moments <3 They are one of my favorite couples and I love both characters.
duotrouble said:
I'm so happy to see that Roy isn't the sob they were making him out to be. I knew it had to be a setup. Just with anime, you never know. This episode totally redeemed this series.
lol I'm happy too. I was one of the noobs who thought he was actually being as asshole but I'm definitely never going to doubt him again :)
Cenedess said:
ArnoldK said:
Relenus said:
Man...

I cannot fucking wait.
Me neither.

lol i feel the same way! this next episode looks like it's going to be one of my favorites. i doubt i'll be able to restrain my inner fangirl :x
NaruleachAug 4, 2009 2:45 AM
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 4, 2009 6:29 AM

Jul 2008
Good to see Ross is alright, I don't remember any of this in the other anime version but then again I watched that years ago.
Aug 4, 2009 6:42 AM

May 2009
Daithi said:
Good to see Ross is alright, I don't remember any of this in the other anime version but then again I watched that years ago.

It wasn't in the previous anime. Unlike the current series, it didn't fully follow the manga.
Aug 4, 2009 7:39 AM

Jan 2008
Shimata! Riza vs. Gluttony. Absolutely cliffhanger!
Another Barry episode. I like it.
"You should conserve your fluid." I laughed at this comment when Ross cried crossing the dessert.

fisher_88 said:

suigetsu00 said:
i havent watched it yet but it if they revealed something early.....i will be mad.....the way the manga does everything is perfect why change it

because anime is a different medium than manga, and exact adaptation does not make for a good adaptation.

True.

Naruleach said:
Cenedess said:
ArnoldK said:
Relenus said:
Man...

I cannot fucking wait.
Me neither.
lol i feel the same way! this next episode looks like it's going to be one of my favorites. i doubt i'll be able to restrain my inner fangirl :x

LOL. I've already counted myself in few episodes back for Roy Mustang. I'm excited for the next episode.
LieilaAug 4, 2009 7:44 AM
Aug 4, 2009 7:47 AM

Jul 2009
as i thought, mustang didn't kill ross..
yeaah im so relieved that ross still live ..

cant wait for the next episode..!!!
hope riza not die onthe next episode...
Aug 4, 2009 7:51 AM

Nov 2008
Aug 4, 2009 8:10 AM

Feb 2009
Naruleach said:
Snowflakes said:
Monochrome said:
This was an okay episode. Imo it would have been better if they saved the thing with Winry's parents for another episode (like it was done in the manga). There was already enough going on and it just wasn't the right time. I'm still looking forward to the next episode and at least they didn't spoil
I thought the same, I don't think the Winry thing had enough impact, as well as the Maria leaving thing.

I didn't really like this episode as much as last weeks (but last weeks episode was amazing so..)

But I'm really looking forward to next weeks episode. Looking forward to RoyXRiza moments.
i haven't read the manga, but I also think the way Ed found out about the death of Winry's parents was a little too convienient. I actually rolled my eyes when I watched Ed's reaction to finding out the truth. The way he just got really mad all of the sudden and got set on revenge wasn't convincing.

I'm also very looking forward to RoyXRiza moments <3 They are one of my favorite couples and I love both characters.
duotrouble said:
lol I'm happy too. I was one of the noobs who thought he was actually being as asshole but I'm definitely never going to doubt him again :)
Cenedess said:
ArnoldK said:
Relenus said:
Man...

I cannot fucking wait.
Me neither.

Ahh RoyXRiza are such an awesome team. They tie with LingXRan Fan for me. :)
Aug 4, 2009 10:01 AM

Nov 2008
Aug 4, 2009 2:15 PM

Feb 2009
FMA Manga readers are f*king annoying! If I wanted to keep make difference between the two and know more about what's going to happen before hand I would have read the manga! So shut the f*ck up!
Aug 4, 2009 2:17 PM

Dec 2008
MaxCrazy7 said:
FMA Manga readers are f*king annoying! If I wanted to keep make difference between the two and know more about what's going to happen before hand I would have read the manga! So shut the f*ck up!
THANK YOU!!!

I just don't get it, some people don't even bother saying ANYTHING about the episode - they just put a spoiler. I'm like...really? What is the whole point of doing that? Is it necessary?

Uh. NO.

Thanks again MaxCrazy7 :D!
Aug 4, 2009 3:00 PM

Dec 2008
CkretAznMan said:
I knew there was something going on with Mustang that didn't seem right. Anyways I think that The Philosopher From the West/East are two different people. And uh... It'll probably be important for some reason. Also Scar apparently killed Winry's parents. So that's my thoughts on the episode. Lastly next episode seems to be action packed.
I don't know why i'm thinking the philosopher from the West/East is the same person... And is the elric brothers's father... Hohemheim of light.
Changing for the Sake of the future
Aug 4, 2009 3:01 PM

Dec 2008
i'm with u too
Changing for the Sake of the future
Aug 4, 2009 5:07 PM

Feb 2009
robbydesu said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
THANK YOU!!!

I just don't get it, some people don't even bother saying ANYTHING about the episode - they just put a spoiler. I'm like...really? What is the whole point of doing that? Is it necessary?

Uh. NO.

As long as people put in spoiler space, I really don't see the issue.

Aug 4, 2009 5:37 PM

Apr 2009
ArnoldK said:
robbydesu said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
THANK YOU!!!

Uh. NO.

^^ X2. If there is a spoiler button don't click.

Can't say much for those that just outright never use one though.....
>.<
Aug 4, 2009 6:54 PM

Dec 2008
Omegaoveride said:
ArnoldK said:
robbydesu said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
THANK YOU!!!

Uh. NO.

>.<

I don't click them. I just think that it becomes an issue when half of the posts in a EPISODE discussion thread is just like..:

-----

-----

By all means I appreciate the effort that people are making, but it gets annoying when all you see is that. There's like no discussion about the specific episode whatsoever.

Also, people group spoilers of the episode and spoilers for the manga together. But because I don't want to risk getting spoiled at all - I miss the opportunity of reading someone's opinion about the episode.

I think that's an issue.
Aug 4, 2009 7:00 PM

Feb 2009
robbydesu said:
Omegaoveride said:
ArnoldK said:
robbydesu said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
THANK YOU!!!

Uh. NO.

>.<

I don't click them. I just think that it becomes an issue when half of the posts in a EPISODE discussion thread is just like..:

-----

-----

By all means I appreciate the effort that people are making, but it gets annoying when all you see is that. There's like no discussion about the specific episode whatsoever.

Also, people group spoilers of the episode and spoilers for the manga together. But because I don't want to risk getting spoiled at all - I miss the opportunity of reading someone's opinion about the episode.

I think that's an issue.

I really have to wonder why people would put in spoiler warning for things that happen in said episode. I would think that the title of the thread is warning enough.

As for manga spoilers, ignore them and generate your own discsussion.

Aug 4, 2009 7:03 PM

Aug 2008
The thing is, that discussion isn't generated by just one person. Many people don't even bother when they see the spoiler land mines all over the place, and even though there have been a few good comment that could have lead to good discussion, it gets trampled by the glut of discussion going on about the manga.

And some of it is welcome, like drawing comparisons, but some of it, like saying "Oh, I can't wait until the next episode because"
is simply unfounded and not what the thread is about. That's better placed in a separate thread.
Aug 4, 2009 7:04 PM

Dec 2008
ArnoldK said:
I really have to wonder why people would put in spoiler warning for things that happen in said episode. I would think that the title of the thread is warning enough.

I really wonder that too, but I've seen it happen in other threads before. I think some people who are waiting for the subs go to the threads to see discussions, so people decide to put what happens in an episode in a spoiler tag.

And I'll say this again, I do try my best to ignore the spoilers - my point is that it becomes a problem when an episode discussion thread turns into a manga discussion thread. And you see like spoiler tagged responses to spoiler tagged posts.
Aug 4, 2009 7:30 PM

Jul 2008
IA, things have gotten way out of hand. And it seems to happen in every single episode thread. It's especially annoying since the manga discussion threads themselves aren't this lively. Recently it's gotten a little better, but nothing compared to what happens in these anime discussion threads. :|

BEGINNER
Aug 4, 2009 9:41 PM

Nov 2008
ArnoldK said:
robbydesu said:
Omegaoveride said:
ArnoldK said:
robbydesu said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
THANK YOU!!!

Uh. NO.

>.<

-----

-----

I think that's an issue.

i always mention the episode in my first post.....but then if i decide to put up a spoiler i figure i already said my thoughts on the episode so why say em again lol
Aug 5, 2009 9:30 AM

Oct 2008
Another great episode, and it's only getting better next week.
Changing the reveal around felt a little rushed, time wise the entire upcoming fight would take place during the train ride to Resembool as it did in the manga.
I noticed May at the station for the first time, had to check the manga to confirm I had overlooked it before.
Barry is just great

New episode cannot come any sooner, I might actually watch it live for once.

As w/ manga discussion in anime threads, I feel that a large number of us that read before watching like to discuss the differences in the adaptation and anxiously await whats next. Since we already know whats going to happen we want to discuss it immediately with someone and the anime thread is convenient since it's active unlike most old chapter threads that stay dead.
Then the manga discussion is also skipped over often due to the fact that most readers read one volume at a time instead of chapter by chapter and skip discussion unless something really epic happens in a chapter.
someguy6388Aug 5, 2009 9:50 AM
Aug 5, 2009 9:32 AM

Dec 2008
kickstart1 said:
THANK YOU
Can you please stop spamming, you already got the Tsubasa thread locked, don't get this one locked too.
Aug 5, 2009 9:41 AM
Jun 2008
What is this??? O.o

Well, I liked this episode! Ross is not dead! \o/

However... What was that jikai??? O.o
Aug 5, 2009 4:26 PM

Jan 2008
Thread fixed
Aug 5, 2009 5:10 PM

Dec 2008
aero said:
Thread fixed
Thank you!! :D
Aug 5, 2009 5:23 PM

Oct 2007
Oh no, a terrible cliffhanger, and the short trailer or whatever for the next episode doesn't look promising for Hawkeye either. ;_;

Glad to see Ross alive at least, yay :D now I can like Roy again.
Aug 5, 2009 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm I think this episode was kind of mish-mashed strangely, although I'm guessing they just didn't want to exclude Ed from the episode. Well, no matter.
I looooove Barry haha that guy is a riot, especially with his need to cut his own body up <3
Team Mustang! I'm glad they got their introduction this episode....next one is going to be awesome...epic battles all around. C: Sniper Hawkeye is awesome..she truly is one of my favorite female characters in any series and I normally don't like females too much. Loved her conversation with Mustang..

I wanna say the Philosophers who introduced alchemy into Xing and Amesterian(? I can't remember how it's spelled :/) are the same people...actually they looked a lot like Father. I'm only at chapter 41 of the manga so this is speculation based on the anime....

Next episode will be great, epic battle at Central!
Aug 5, 2009 6:28 PM

Jun 2009
lolodalonghorn said:
I wanna say the Philosophers who introduced alchemy into Xing and Amesterian(? I can't remember how it's spelled :/) are the same people...actually they looked a lot like Father. I'm only at chapter 41 of the manga so this is speculation based on the anime....

this was just a generic figure, not a picture from books or anything that would suggest who introduced alchemy.
Aug 5, 2009 9:39 PM

Jul 2008
lolodalonghorn said:

I looooove Barry haha that guy is a riot, especially with his need to cut his own body up <3
Next episode will be great, epic battle at Central!

Stole words directly from me haha, I was going to say that. I'm really anticipating the next episode
Aug 6, 2009 3:25 AM

Aug 2008
Good episode. I got this big goofy smile on my face when Maria Ross showed up, so nice. As some of you have already said, Barry is friggin' awesome. Really looking forward to next week's episode.
Aug 6, 2009 5:13 AM

Feb 2008
Why are you guys always talk about the manga here? I read the manga to, but the manga forum is there for a reason.

ALL IN ALL i thought it was a mashed episode, with a good setup for next episode.
Aug 6, 2009 5:51 AM

Apr 2009
Really loved it! Sorry, manga readers, I havent really read the manga so I can't see it in your perspective.

Roy's my fave character. So I was REALLY glad to know that Ross is alive. T_T Well, not that I didn't see it coming. >_< Roy's a good guy after all.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ahenshihael - Jul 26, 2009

233 by Ronin_4011 »»
May 30, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

345 by frenchystenchy »»
May 30, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

176 by Ronin_4011 »»
May 30, 3:09 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Apr 26, 2009

448 by frenchystenchy »»
May 29, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ahenshihael - May 31, 2009

233 by Ronin_4011 »»
May 29, 8:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.