Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Feb 12, 2023 4:39 PM

Feb 2018
Renner is crazy as heck :P that singing scene was completely unexpected. Shame that we didnt saw the total destruction of the kingdom, oh well. Seeing Ainz & his crew man.. sometimes I forget how scary they look like towards the mere mortals :S
Feb 17, 2023 4:54 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was a long cat-and-mouse game between multiple factions, I wonder how it carriers over after this, especially after seeing that ominous title card at the end "And the end begins".
Feb 18, 2023 5:31 AM
Dec 2022
waiting for next season
Feb 18, 2023 1:45 PM
Mar 2017
Great continue the series!
Feb 21, 2023 12:45 AM
Nov 2018
retarded.
well, the entire series is just that stup.
Feb 25, 2023 6:29 PM

Sep 2022
I really liked Lord Ainz's plan and strategy on conquering the kingdom and have his title as the Sorcerer King become well known throughout the city. Aura, Mare, Albedo, Cocytus, and all the others who are under Lord Ainz's command is really spot on when having to execute the plans being made.
Mar 18, 2023 9:34 AM

Jul 2012
Too much politics on this season..
N at the they they control ppl by fear 🥱

I know the title is overlord, which means the leader who is OP..
It just we want a par match between them.. and not showing us kawarini / sub..

I guess no other player left, except him..
And not really worth it to wait the next season (if available)..

Mar 20, 2023 4:25 AM
Jun 2020
A fitting ending. Twist was handled quite well.
Mar 21, 2023 5:54 AM
Jun 2021
LOVE IT AINZ SAMA

SSS
Mar 27, 2023 4:59 AM
Nov 2022
que temporada foda ansioso pelo filme e uma nova temporada
Apr 9, 2023 4:00 AM
May 2020
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
May 16, 2023 7:24 AM
Jul 2021
Its a bit sad how it turned out for the humans but the reality is after all that the good guys don't always win
May 28, 2023 3:47 PM
May 2023
i enjoy the series as a whole for awhile now. I really hope they announce a season 5 because it really is a masterpiece. The storyline is unique and love the growth on the characters; it really breaks the mold of storylines having one person struggle to obtain a goal. a very unique and special animie.
Jun 12, 2023 11:44 AM
Jul 2022
Hey there, fellow anime enthusiasts! I'm here to share my thoughts on the long-awaited Overlord IV. Let me tell you, this season takes the series to new heights of excitement and intrigue. As a die-hard fan of the Overlord franchise, I was thrilled to dive back into the dark and captivating world of Nazarick.

From the very first episode, Overlord IV wastes no time in immersing viewers into its intricate and complex storyline. The plot continues to follow the powerful skeletal sorcerer, Ainz Ooal Gown, and his guild members as they navigate the treacherous realm of Yggdrasil. What makes this season stand out is its ability to maintain a perfect balance between intense action sequences and thought-provoking character development.

One of the aspects that truly captivated me was the expansion of the supporting cast. Overlord IV introduces new characters with their unique backstories and motives. These additions bring a refreshing dynamic to the narrative and add layers of complexity to the already well-established world. Each encounter and interaction with these characters keeps you guessing, making you question their intentions and allegiances.

Of course, what would Overlord be without its signature blend of dark fantasy and strategic battles? The action sequences in this season are nothing short of breathtaking. Every clash of swords, every display of magical prowess, is meticulously animated and choreographed to perfection. The battles are intense, gritty, and leave you on the edge of your seat, craving for more.

Furthermore, the animation quality in Overlord IV is top-notch. The attention to detail in the character designs, the vivid landscapes, and the atmospheric settings transport you directly into the heart of the anime. The combination of stunning visuals and a captivating soundtrack further enhances the overall experience, making every moment feel like a journey into the depths of darkness.

While Overlord IV delivers on many fronts, I must admit that the pacing felt a bit rushed at times. Certain story arcs and character developments could have benefitted from a bit more breathing room to fully explore their potential. However, this minor flaw does not detract significantly from the overall enjoyment and excitement that the season brings.

In conclusion, Overlord IV is a must-watch for fans of the series and anyone who enjoys dark fantasy and strategic storytelling. With its engaging plot, well-rounded characters, and epic battles, it manages to exceed expectations and leaves you eagerly awaiting the next installment. So gather your guild, grab some popcorn, and immerse yourself in the captivating world of Overlord IV - you won't be disappointed!

Keep exploring, my fellow adventurers!

Yuri Cunha.
Jun 14, 2023 4:18 PM

Dec 2012
Demon princess is pretty cute. I have to say the running joke this season of Ains trying to pretend to know what he’s doing and fumbling through with luck is getting old. And sadly we have not gotten any closer to finding out about other players
Jun 18, 2023 5:23 PM
Apr 2023
this anime is very good :)))
Jun 21, 2023 10:20 AM

Oct 2019
I do not think I'm going to watch anymore of this show.
4 seasons on and we've had a repeat of the same plot device: Momonga and his team are invincible, no one can beat them and they're forever safe.

It's clear that's not going to change, since it's the show's primary plot device, along with drawing "fun" from the multiple misunderstandings between Momonga and his team and his going along with whatever they decide, however irrational or cruel, just to avoid losing face.

This has been at play from the very first episode. Quite frankly I feel like I've wasted my time.
Jun 29, 2023 1:52 PM

Mar 2017
I thought it was obvious that Renner was working with the Sorcerer Kingdom to bring down Re-Estize since she was born to be a demon!

Climb’s such a moron though… how is he still willing to do anything for her, even turn his back on his honour and values to become a demon?! BAKA
Jul 16, 2023 9:11 PM

Mar 2014
The kingdom has finally fallen and that song from Renner was an unexpected bonus for the finale: haunting and beautiful.
Aug 18, 2023 1:15 PM
Jun 2021
Por fin se supo que esa princesa mona era demonio y todo como diría "solo tuve que sacrificar todo un reino" para estar con el caballero. O ver como el prota hace todo esto solo para que se riegue la voz de él y pueda encontrar más jugadores. Ojalá saquen pronto las temporadas donde encuentre otros jugadores atrapados en el juego.
Aug 25, 2023 7:30 AM

Apr 2013
Well the outcome we all expected. We already knew for a long time that Renner is kind of a psychopath, so she was finally fully revealed.

Finally a good season of Overlord again, even though season 1 still reigns supreme. But this was better than season 2 and 3, less lizard sex and less CGI. Good, now I have some hopes for the movie. 8/10
Sep 11, 2023 6:37 AM

Nov 2021
Renner is a hidden gem of a girlboss, glad she got to succeed. She and Clementine are my favs for this series.
I'd be an edgelady apologist, if only I were sorry
Oct 20, 2023 9:53 AM

Dec 2008
Havent liked the direction the franchise has been going in since season 2.
But I guess the point has been to make Ains into an actual evil undead end game Demon lord "Overlord"...Kinda like how he was in the Yggdrasi game he used to play.
Kinda hinted at some things, but still no concrete answers about other plaers, the world, etc. And the mass killings f innocents, the deaths of heroes and characters I liked... smfh. AND SO MUCH TALKING! FFS... AND WTF with a lady that reminds me of Tim BUrton's CORPSE BRIDE? LMAO! 5.5/10 No doubt there will be a 5th season next year after the movie, but we shall see. *shrugs
Oct 22, 2023 6:48 AM
Mar 2021
muy cool, buena trama recomendado
Nov 18, 2023 9:52 PM
Apr 2023
Il ove it really.

Voice actors doing great jobs.
Nov 25, 2023 9:07 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This is the first Overlord season that I did not hate. Honestly, it was pretty good, from Isekai standards!

5/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Nov 30, 2023 7:20 PM
Nov 2023
Hubo un cambio extraño en el doblaje de Ainz como si el audio fuera por Ai o de una grabadora algo vieja
Dec 10, 2023 7:33 AM

Nov 2023
Damn, pretty courageous Climb!
Dec 13, 2023 12:12 PM
Nov 2023
terrible only this
Dec 16, 2023 10:27 PM
Aug 2022
Renner Her Reactions were so freaky.
what the heck !! she just said her 1st time ☠️
Jan 15, 3:12 PM
May 2020
princess renner is kind of a stand out character, it was obvious that she was crazy before but damn
Jan 20, 11:54 PM
Apr 2016
I'm still enjoying the show, and I'm looking forward to the next season. The hype and anticipation have died down though.
Feb 2, 10:45 AM
May 2021
Damn the ending was soo good… i want more!
Feb 3, 5:09 AM

Oct 2008
Didn't expect much from this series when first starting it,but gotta say it gets better with each season,even if overall it tends to be a bit slow and some characters feel padded on.

Climb's arc felt almost feels Guts Golden Era-esque and they subverted really well what could have been the main character in any other series.
Feb 14, 6:08 AM

Mar 2015
The world truly is unfair. Climb has what it takes to be strong, but he just don't have the talent.

The princess' plans worked excellently, hope we get to see more of her plots in the future for the sake of Nazarick.

This season was fun. 9/10
Mar 27, 8:20 PM
Feb 2020
It was dope and I really enjoyed it
Apr 24, 6:08 AM

May 2020
Renner did 90% of the plan, the fallen of the kingdom. So her plan just to live with Climb forever? seriously. Mare when warn Climb is really cute. Seems rushed but it's fine thought. Not much action but the end seems telling a sign of sequel. Can't wait for it.
May 8, 4:20 PM

May 2015
First time re-watching this season and damn its good. Renner is definitely the most interesting character in Overlord. Its a shame cause I doubt she'll ever appear again in the series.

If what I've been hearing about the Light Novel is true then theres only going to be enough material for one more season hence the end credit of "And The End Begins" rather then the usual "And The Story Goes On". Which sucks cause this is such a unique series but everything good must eventually come to and end.

Well time to wait until The Holy Kingdom movie comes out which from what I've seen on wikis will have the next contender for most disturbing scene/act in the series. (That Lakyus betrayal scene is definitely my top contender so far. So hard to watch)
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 30, 10:13 AM
Jul 2022
One of the best anime and it's better than most of the isekai anime
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2022

151 by Zedz_c »»
May 3, 7:30 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

244 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2022

295 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

321 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2022

271 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 3:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.