Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Apr 26, 2015 12:08 PM
Feb 2015
Shu changed a lot in this episode... He just became really evil...
Did inori just kill the rep girl... OMG what is going on here...

Did I just see Gai be resurrected...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 15, 2015 6:26 PM

Mar 2014
Well that escalated quickly and holy sh*t that Inori scene! WTF
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 1, 2015 5:13 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah... this is getting pretty stupid
Sep 13, 2015 7:35 AM

Sep 2013
They are so evil... Shuu is dumb and Inori is crazy.. they should just die.. but FUUUUUCK i can't believe I'm loving it! Inori better stay that way till the end xD
Nov 27, 2015 5:51 PM

Jun 2013
Wait, I thought that now Shu could remove voids without rendering their user unconscious. Why then are so many people passing out?
Dec 28, 2015 4:32 AM

Jul 2009
It's hard to watch something when you hate the MC...Shu was weak and boring, now he wants to act like the "boss" and use everyone, such a bastard.
I always had this feeling that they would die if they void would break.

They bring Gai back!
Jan 1, 2016 5:32 PM

Oct 2015
At least this series is turning out better than expected.
Mar 25, 2016 2:56 PM

Aug 2014
Even when Shu's suppose to be in "badass mode", people still don't believe him lol.

Gai's coming back? o_0
Dec 5, 2016 5:26 PM

Jun 2016
Shu is going good now :p
Jan 12, 2017 11:15 AM
Jun 2016
Oh god this feels like mirai nikki xD. Inori killing the poor class rep 2cruel4me.
Feb 17, 2017 10:09 PM

Dec 2014
things get crazy and crazy.... I hate where things are going right now.,...
Mar 10, 2017 10:58 PM

Sep 2015
Omg fcked up episode....Rip Argo
It was the right thing to not like Inori since the start... shes another Yuno.
May 3, 2017 4:45 AM

May 2010
So Shu is always searching for replacements. First he searched for Inori in Hare. and when he fell for Hare n she died, now he's searching Hare in Inori. Also he's just trying to copy Gai atm. Wah. I don't really like him but okay.

There, another girl died.

And both Inori (Mana?) and Shu have gone crazy. Whatever.
Jun 28, 2017 9:19 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
=/ Already missing Hare. At least she wasn't submissive/just watching over Shu and accepting what's going on.

Shu: Oooh I'm so dark and scary, look at me and my black scarf and coat!

...Wow Shu is really broken. Can't listen to logic anymore. He forgot what is truly important. Soon he will lose everyone important to him because of his recklessness.

RIP Arisa. Another good girl.

Can someone explain why the students are isolated? Like what is the point of separating them from their family if they were all left to die? It's not like they would stage something with their parents. I feel this is another excuse just to show a "school-centric" show where it's student led and we get to see Shu in power over the other students where it might not be the same with having adults in power. Really tired of this.

...Omg of course Gai would come back. =-=
MistyBlueJun 28, 2017 9:59 PM
Aug 6, 2017 9:03 AM

Jun 2017
Everything in this episode was just WTF?!

Okay Shuu being obsessed with his power isnt that special. BUT INORI?!?!

Aug 8, 2017 9:15 AM

Jan 2013
I think they went just a little bit overboard with Shu changing.
Inori still scary as fluff.

And Gai coming back! :D
Apr 8, 2018 1:07 AM

Nov 2017
Shu’s power trip is pretty damn awesome. His character change and the way he’s developing is helping the story a lot more than early on
Apr 19, 2018 10:13 AM
Sep 2017
Yumekichi11 said:
Holy shit! Did you see that at the end? INORI KILLS ARISA! OMG that is insane. Inori has totally turned insane in the brain. Poor Arisa, that was sad. Blood flying everywhere and all. This touched me the most for Arisa I appreciated.

Moreover poor girl that died when he void got destroyed. That was sick to see due to Hare last episode. At least now we know that once avoid is destroyed you become a lump full of the virus to die off consumed by it like Hare. It explain also why Hare died partially as her void was destroyed too. She might have healed Shu and herself if her void was not destroyed. I am still shocked of it happening so fast and suddenly.

Gai WTF? Gai is being revived! Holy shit! That is insane and so trolling. Who the F was it that said Gai was going to come back? So like where is Miracle Reviver Void? Hey if they make Gai come back I want my Hare back! BRING HER BACK! Well I wish fully.

The episode really fits its title Tyrant whom Shu really became one. Shu’s personality changed but he still saved people around. At least I did not cry out at all. The characters were not attached to me that’s badly around. Also his friends from the time of Gai came around to help.

Although allow me to insult Inori. Hey Inori FUCK YOU! How dare you kill off or hurt Arisa! How dare you! I can’t believe it you all but it’s true. Shit hit the fan and I wonder how people are dealing with it?
I would say that the sharing was great but you don't even have to insult Inori. I know that she injures Arisa but the fact that she was mentally unstable makes it harder for her to think of 'morally right choices'. Also, after all that events that happened in their surroundings and their environment, no one would say that someone would be mentally stable.
At this point, they are just to make things work out with what they currently have and the fact the Arisa became a threat to them, makes her a possible enemy from which she has the capability to destroy their established 'order'.
Apr 19, 2018 10:23 AM
Sep 2017
bittersweetlove said:
It's hard to watch something when you hate the MC...Shu was weak and boring, now he wants to act like the "boss" and use everyone, such a bastard.
I always had this feeling that they would die if they void would break.

They bring Gai back!
If you watch the episode, you would see that he doesnt want to actually do this, becoming a 'tyrant', but for the sake of putting everything in order, he was forced to do it.
Also, he did not use everyone. If he used everyone, he would not actually give people their own voids because giving their voids means that he is giving them freedom to do what they want.
Oct 27, 2018 11:47 PM
Sep 2018
I feel like the character shift from the previous episodes did not make much sense (probably makes sense in the manga) because they show Shu as a whiny baby, and would crack under pressure.
Mar 6, 2019 10:26 PM

Feb 2018
The cause of Hare's death is the destruction of the void itself.
Sep 25, 2019 2:42 AM

Apr 2013
So far it's exactly how I imagined it would be, except for Inori going along with it. Did she just kill Houkin? Somehow that's funny since I didn't expect it.
How did Arugo even escape? I hate it when stuff just happens and they never explain how...
Nov 30, 2019 11:05 AM

Sep 2019
Ok now I kind of get it why people are not satisfied with the ending. First of all you can't just developed an character that easily in one episode it's not like I don't like the new sue but just hare's dead he can't just change his morals. Well it's not matter what is matter is what happened with inori? Don't tell me that in 12th episode that soul transfer was a success and mare possessed inori's body! Then it means inori diad a long ago and what we are seeing is actually mare. Ots makes sense because if it was real inori she would've stopped seu. Bit no you can't just kill her like that. Shit this is sad.
That is so sad that even gai's reincarnation won't gonna make me happy anyone:(
Jan 30, 2020 4:01 PM

Aug 2017
What the hell is going on now. Full on dystopia. Evil Inori. Things are messed up
Feb 2, 2020 5:12 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh no please xDD no Gai again
May 20, 2020 12:06 AM
Oct 2019
F Shu. Anybody buying his woe is me act is a chump. He's an insecure, no self esteem, power hungry pos.

Inori has "turned" bad. Not sure why exactly. Something with the rock/virus? Anyone else notice how her role has been almost non existent since Gai died? She's rather useless at this point.

Shu's "mom" is doing bad things because her dead husband wanted her to? Oh cool, she created zombie Gai (lame).

I like Argo. Hopefully the pissant Shu didn't kill him.
HagePotPotatoMay 20, 2020 12:29 AM
Oct 29, 2020 4:25 PM

Feb 2017
I’m laughing hysterically at Shu and Inori going full psychopath, holy shit. Am I supposed to feel sympathy for these guys?

Guilty Crown sure went full Lord of the Flies and it was even worse than I expected. The plot is turning back into nonsense, any goodwill or character development the last few episodes created has been evaporated, and my disdain for our lifeless main characters is at an all-time high. 6 more episodes left of this bilge.
Jan 24, 2021 6:47 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
BasaraTheSlayer said:
Good episode...What I don't get is why is everyone saying Shu is evil? He's not necessarily evil, it's more in the middle grey area. I mean he knows what he's doing is wrong but he feel its what is necessary to survive. People always paint characters as black or while and that's not the case some of the time.

I didn't see many people directly calling him that here, so far, I mean, it isn't a question of agreeing more, but more like, anyone has better ideas to have the biggest amount of lives saved, other than this?
Idealism will only get you so far sometimes, so I don't have anything to blame the MC for, rather, this was expected.

Then again, he broke a bit more inside, in the last couple of minutes.

Bringing Gai back feels like an asspull, I already know the direction this is going towards, guess it will be inevitable I will have to bitch about it in the next episodes.
Mar 20, 2021 3:45 AM

Sep 2018
Oh god, now I know why this show is hated lol. This shows plot progression and convenience is ridiculous and eye rolling
Jun 28, 2021 11:24 AM

Jan 2020
Well, this episode was fucking hilarious! Not intentionally, of course.

Just what the fuck has happened with Shuu? He was constantly acting like a self-centred wimp until only a couple of episodes ago, and now he is made out to be a badass? Are you being serious!? I'm sorry, but nobody changes this drastically just because of a single event. And it's not like he cared that much about Hare to begin with. Before the last episode, he paid pretty much no heed to her, so his reaction to her death is completely irrational.

To summarize this episode in a few words: side-splitting unintentional comedy. Every single time Shuu said something "scary" or "badass", I just couldn't hold out my laughter. How could I?
IrrelevantGuyJun 28, 2021 11:38 AM
Jan 11, 2022 6:55 AM

Dec 2007
from this thread i see i'm not the only one thinking inori going in yuno (mirai nikki) way lol.

oh and that ending, hands up those who didn't saw gai going reviving...

apart from that, this series is sure improving.
Mar 7, 2022 9:17 AM
Nov 2020
This show is getting better and better by episode. Where is psychological tag tho, cause this sht just took 180 turn to madness.
Mar 25, 2022 1:59 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Shu just underwent an eren jaeger transformation off-screen. Nice. He is already becoming like Gai in the sense that he's having confessional booth sessions with Inori already

We actually haven't seen much from Arugo, but I thought he was better than that to get captured so easily. At least he got out just as easily, and managed to beat Shu who had a void boomerang, with just a knife.

It wasn't so obvious to me before, but it's clear now that if your void breaks while outside, you die

WAIT WTF INORI JUST STRAIGHT UP SLAUGHTERED THE EX-STUDENT COUNCIL PRESIDENT WHAT"S GOING ON AND THEY'RE RESURRECTING GAI"S CORPSE HUUUUUHHH

Not complaining, but it's been a relatively uneventful cour so far with just the students trying to get out. Now things are rapidly picking up, and the next episode is episode 17, the episode with the most episode discussion thread replies. Some shit goes down now doesn't it.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 2, 2022 10:05 PM
Aug 2017
You can tell the story/plot of something is a fucking joke when you laugh when you're supposed to be upset/mad/sad/spooked etc. I laughed big time whenever they fucked themselves over. This anime is really laughably bad. The artificial attempts at drama just come across as so forced that I can't help but ridicule it all. There's nothing but fakeness going on here. Pretty decent animation though, but it's all ruined by shitty subpar third rate writing.
Apr 17, 2022 8:58 AM

Feb 2012
Funeral Parlor member Argo is shocked to see Shu's tyranny and does not take a liking to Shu imitating his former leader, Gai.

Keido did start the process of reawakening Mana, but it was in progress when Gai and Shu stopped it, so I think some of Mana's personality is lurking within Inori and it emerges during her alone time with Shu or when she felt Arisa was rebelling against Shu The signs were apparent when she killed the students that trying to strip her in episode 14.

If the void is destroyed, so is the person. This makes Shu's rule of fear even harsher...

Haruka's bringing Gai back to use as a puppet it seems.
Fortress_MaximusApr 17, 2022 9:41 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 10, 2022 11:23 PM

Jul 2021
BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT not happy that Gai is alive again, and sigh Shu...I thought you would be bad, but you are easy to manipulate again. Inori being controlled seems a bit random, but the whole plot of Guilty Crown is complicated and random (not in a good way), it had so much potential in the beginning, good animation and art-style, but whoever wrote the plot must have forgotten about their psy-medication, because the plot shifts way too much and the build-up and mysteries didn't live up to the hype.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 21, 2023 3:45 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The hell even is this show anymore? Sjhu lost it, Inori is actually evil, and Gai is coming back?
May 28, 2023 12:55 AM

May 2023
Argo is the biggest piece of self righteous poo. What a disgusting character. Shu should break his void on the spot. Don't think he will tho. O well I am still enjoying the ride. I assume there will be a redemption arc for Shu here at the end changing him back into his previous weak self. He's pretty lit right now goated heavily in the sauce and we can't be having that. The comparisons to Shu and the loser from WWII means Shu's the bad guy now..... and remember the good guys always win. *sigh
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.