Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jul 4, 2014 4:53 AM

Dec 2013
Good job Hare
Jul 23, 2014 3:18 PM
Jun 2014
The opening of this anime gets you pumped!...................…………for the horse shit that follows
Aug 25, 2014 5:37 PM

Jun 2010
my gawd how can a main character be this worthless ... like wtf

p.s. this is like a badly glued code geass R2 episode 7. everything just seems so random.

how the hell did this show sell so well? the MC is freaking anoying !!!!!
TheLastKing360Aug 25, 2014 6:16 PM
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Nov 3, 2014 5:30 PM

Jun 2009
this episode was fucking horseshit dear god. shu vs shinji ikari, very difficult decision of who i hate more.

this episode, production I.G be like: "HEY GUYS, IS THIS WHAT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE? ARE WE DOING IT RIGHT? GUYS? GUYS? GUYS? HELLO? OKAY, WE'RE GOING TO ASSUME WE'RE DOING IT RIGHT HERE HAVE SOME MORE RETARDED MAIN CHARACTER"

like, holy fuck, one of the worst episodes of anime i've ever seen.
loghneckbeardNov 3, 2014 5:34 PM
Dec 11, 2014 8:24 PM

Apr 2014
Shit's going down.
Mar 18, 2015 5:20 AM

Dec 2013
dat slap !
Aug 2, 2015 7:47 AM
Jul 2015
Firestalker5 said:
Wow.... The hate for Shu is impressive!

I just can't hate a character [fully]. Shu may run away, but I would have probably done the same thing when I was his age and put in that situation.

You just can't tell what you would do when in that situation...

Call me stupid, but Shu actually is my favorite character, and for the first 6 episodes, I hated Inori and Gai (because of how they played with Shu's emotions)
Sep 5, 2015 5:30 PM

Sep 2015
This is good.
"Normal couples are allowed except for those who are in the third world :3."
Dec 3, 2015 4:23 AM

Apr 2009
Guys we have a new MC, Emo Shu
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2015 11:47 AM

Jul 2009
I am shipping Gai and Arisa, but I know it won't happen...who is the girl guy wants? When Inori asks if she is in love with Shu, he thinks that she also choose him (Shu)...
Hare is such a good girl, Shu was being a idiot.
Jan 1, 2016 11:56 AM

Oct 2015
Inori has a past with Shu which has been unexplained to this point. Still would like for them to go in depth on the lost Xmas. I really hope this isn't the point where the show goes downhill because it has been very average so far. A far cry from all the ratings I have seen.
Mar 25, 2016 6:50 AM

Aug 2014
If Shu's character wasn't already bad enough...Holy shit this episode xD
May 14, 2016 4:20 PM
May 2016
such wow , much great
Dec 1, 2016 3:08 PM

Jun 2016
What is this song, and Shu gets wake up call.
Jan 3, 2017 8:55 AM

Dec 2014
oh my god...things got worse... will gai die then...
Jan 11, 2017 6:33 AM
Jun 2016
Is Shu the new Shinjj? Inori the new Rei and Ayase the new Asuka? Well, all we know is that escalated quickly. Very exceptional animation though and its still good this 2017! Production I.G. Proves to be one of the best animation studios out there with Madhouse,, Bones, and Studio DEEN(just kidding) xD. Those 10 episodes are a feast for the eyes! Going to watch the other 12 later.
Feb 13, 2017 10:37 AM

Feb 2017
Fucking hell, the episode just started and he already went pussymode crying.
All he does is cry, being akward, moody, bitches that he want to quit. Not to mention his behaviour is like this even though its episode 10 nothing changed
This kind of MC ruins the entertainment.
BallardoFeb 13, 2017 11:05 AM
Feb 28, 2017 11:08 PM

Sep 2015
Rip i think Gai's gonna die because he got the virus it seems unless hes somehow cured
Apr 24, 2017 12:59 AM

Jan 2017
I kind of sympathize with Shu here although many of you don't. But I think it's a normal reaction for someone who isn't much into fighting and was kind of dragged into it, especially by Gai and Inori. The fact that he was psychically abused by Gai and Inori since they manipulated him does work well for him. He has been used until now by both of them so he does not know who to trust, on top of that he is dealing with PTSD.

So far I don't like Gai at all, he is using people for his own sake, and Inori. Emotionless as she is, she is quite annoying, not saying anything throughout the series. Reminds me of Alka from Blade and Soul, however Alka had some fighting skills, Inori seems to sing better than she does fighting.

The scar-face antagonist (sorry for not remembering his name) is interesting, looks much smarter than Gai.
May 2, 2017 1:56 PM

May 2010
Wow... rip new song. Hopefully she had a copy of it.

I heard this gets worse in ep 10 or smth. but this is actually one of the better episodes so far. For once I could somewhat feel Shuu. He felt like a character here.

I like Hare.
Jun 11, 2017 8:18 PM

Oct 2015
I would have liked to hear the song LOL> fuck you shuu jk
Jun 30, 2017 10:37 AM
Feb 2016
Why all the Shu hate? I think this is one of his best episodes. This is one of the best portrayals of PTSD I've seen in a long time. He doesn't need to grow a pair, he needs to sort out his mental situation. This shows Shu as a very impressively written 'human' character.
Jul 1, 2017 6:57 PM
Jul 2017
Any1 wanna check out this Amv n give their opinions?
https://youtu.be/q78INZtx-HI
Aug 5, 2017 4:46 PM

Jun 2017
Wow that episode was really emotional. Couple tears left my eye sometimes.

Aug 7, 2017 7:42 AM

Jan 2013
weeaboojones_69 said:
Why all the Shu hate? I think this is one of his best episodes. This is one of the best portrayals of PTSD I've seen in a long time. He doesn't need to grow a pair, he needs to sort out his mental situation. This shows Shu as a very impressively written 'human' character.

Really, this is the best portrayal you've seen?
You've got a lot of shows to watch then regarding people dealing with trauma's, this was definitely not the best I've seen, not the worst either though.
And yes, he does need to sort out his mental situation but for him to suddenly try to attach to Hare after seeing how awkard and submissive he's been throughout the show, just didnt feel real to me.

Also I dont think everyone saying he's the most annoying, whiney character is right either, I've seen way worse MC's, Shu is actually just about the average.

Anyway, get your shit together Shu, you're in a "terrorist" group now, surely you can't think it's all fun and games hoping no-one will ever die near you or by your hands.
Kinda crazy seeing all those people completely get eaten by the virus and disappearing into the air.
PrOxAntoAug 7, 2017 7:46 AM
Feb 27, 2018 11:37 AM

Feb 2018
Wow, an *outstanding* episode, had to comment.

The psychology of Shu breaking, and asking that girl for love, and her rejection was amazingly written. The activation of Virus, the suspense of seeing Gai getting a reaction, and, of course, Shu's symbolical "death" - it was breathtaking, can't wait to see what happens next!

Also, very fitting and beautiful that Shu and Inori are walking in different directions in the ED.

Apr 6, 2018 3:15 PM

Nov 2017
After this episode, I’m slowly starting to hate Shu more and more :D
Mar 1, 2019 5:19 PM

Feb 2018
Hare so cute xD.But she slap Shu.
May 4, 2019 12:37 PM
Oct 2018
Wtf Shu ? It’s becoming worse and worse at every episode. So he run like always that’s not new, he kind of hit Inori and scream every 2 min because of some kind of post-traumatic stress, why not but what the hell was that thing with Hare? He just call her to kiss her because... because what? I don’t get it.
I clearly think of drop this anime just because of him.
Sep 22, 2019 10:20 AM

Apr 2013
"Sir, one of our soldiers has a trauma and can't fight anymore."
"No problem, I'll just point a gun at his head and threaten to shoot him."
Good job Gai, you're a real leader. Moron.
Jan 30, 2020 11:42 AM

Aug 2017
Die shu die shu die

Starting to hate this show and watching in 3x speed now
Feb 1, 2020 5:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I seriously think that after more than 500 anime watched Shû is one of the worst MC i've ever seen
May 19, 2020 8:45 PM
Oct 2019
Shu kinda sucks. I just find him annoying and unlikeable.

And him and Inori "loving" each other is such bullshit. There's no reason for them to love each other. There's been almost no development of that at all.

No clue what's up with this resonance or the sleeping woman or this Keido nutjob.

Aside from that I'm rather enjoying the show. It's infinitely better than Evangelion, for anyone making that comp. NGE is literally one of the worst anime I've ever seen.
Oct 28, 2020 2:53 AM

Feb 2017
Well uh, if I thought last episode was feeling a little Evangelion, then this one sure doubled down.

Honestly I don’t even feel like berating this show for being lifeless and regurgitated right now because this episode finally brought some semblance of plot and direction — it’s been missing for half the series lol
Dec 31, 2020 2:28 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Not that I m gonna blame a kid for reacting like this from that.
It was clearly fucked up, to think that he would start to get visions and calling others monsters, that was a bit too much IMO.

That song at the end was giving a really omniscius feeling...
Feb 14, 2021 6:30 PM
Dec 2019
Yeah this is just code geass with lelouch as a useless piece of shit and a couple events swapped around or added in
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Mar 7, 2021 1:07 PM
Mar 2020
RyuKirin said:
I would've frikin' smacked Shu for calling Inori a Monster and making her cry.

But now..Shit just got real.
U realize she hurt him first?
Jan 10, 2022 4:31 PM

Dec 2007
considering shu's personality i knew this will come, it could take though two routes - one where he is getting slapped by gai or inori and getting back to himself, or getting depress. it's unfortunate they took the other route, the bad route. all what they did good on shu's previous episode had been lost.

and then there's that ending, who could'v been very epic, if they wouldn't show for some reason inori's reaction like it's big thing and have big meaning, we don't understand it's meaning so it's become useless writing for scenes who could be much more meaningful with the right way.

either way - this series is just ruin what it have potential.
still not gonna drop it, it just bad director and storyboard, but without them the story is still 6.
Mar 5, 2022 11:21 AM
Nov 2020
This episode was a pain to watch
Mar 24, 2022 2:38 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Shu. Is. A. Fucking. Pussy. We have an abundance of spineless wimpy mc's (probably to help relate to us wimpy dudes irl, but it just makes it worse tbh. Maybe an over-powered-fantasy is usually too much, but it's good whenever they find a decent balance), but Shu makes it into the top 5 of everything I've seen so far. Dude is still shook from his first kill, but in panicking he just send a number of his comrades to the grave. Good job dude. Wish they'd just leave him in a mental hospital for the rest of the show and let someone else take over the role of MC. While him admitting he has no balls helps a LITTLE bit, it still isn't redeeming enough for his character. He's going to need to step up big time in the coming episodes to earn his place. Even the battle-hardened Gai has had enough of Shu to pull a freaking gun on him. Imagine if he just blasted his brains out right there. What Shu needs is to take a long break from it all, regather his senses, and come back and alpha giga sigma chad.

Well I hope Inori made a back-up of that song that Shu accidentally destroyed. As for those sad-looking Onigiri, Shu probably made it salty himself with those tears

You know, Segai is slightly nuts, but he's still the most competent character we have so far

LOL "You can't believe a girl with that face and figure is at his side by chance", poor Shu, he doesn't know it but he just got hard-dissed by Director Keido- who is currently the best character in the show after Segai

Man, everything progresses so quickly whenever Shu isn't on screen. Sorry if I'm being too hard on Shu's character, this may be insensitive of me if Guilty Crown is like your favourite anime. But there's just nothing good to say about him... other than the fact that he has a heart too big for his own good. I do feel bad when he was about to give Hare a kissy-kiss but then gets slapped. I'd tell Shu it's okay. Inori had as much personality as a block of wood, but at least she wasn't a mild bitch like Hare turned out to be

BRUH that push-over a dude who was with Daryl all this time is actually kind of a badass? You can tell when the GLASSES START GLOWING

Looks like we're getting into a climax-level event and we're barely even halfway through it all. Ok then, I can certainly respect the guts to go all-in so soon.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 13, 2022 3:01 PM

Feb 2012
In the middle of an operation with Funeral Parlor, Shu snaps, having gotten PTSD from killing Yahiro's brother to stop him from killing Yahiro (which Hare bore witness to). Everywhere he goes, he sees the disease even when it's not there.

While trying to process his own trauma, it appears he has flashbacks to the Lost Christmas and a girl that looks like Inori is there? is Inori a clone of his sister/childhood friend? Apparently, this person is a monster and so Shu slaps Inori's wrist when she tried to offer him her new song to listen to.

Meanwhile, Gai claims he's doing all this for a woman (probably Inori's DNA progenitor?)

Shu's father's colleague, Keido, knows that he has the Void genom and spills the beans to Haruka. The rock he stole with Kurosu's ID is now in the hands of Daryl's father (who's really mad after catching his dad kissing some woman). So Segai has used the rock to "continue" Lost Christmas. More people, even GHQ's own men, contract the disease, but some people appear to be immune. Is the rock a meteor fragment perhaps? Is Keidou/Segai's plan is some sort of Eugenics to intentionally cull those who aren't immune?

Shu's pushed Inori away aggressively, Ayase with his cowardice and he fails to understand that he needs to open up to Hare not mask it with advances.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 10, 2022 11:12 PM

Jul 2021
Shu went from possibly a man to a bitch in the first 2 minutes. Come on, if you want to be tormented by memories of a traumatic incident. Then act like a man and face it, or at least don't start screaming and running away only to end up in the fetal position as a stupid loser endangering the lives of your team. I mean really WTF shu is bi-polar.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 15, 2023 9:27 AM
Jan 2023
at the beginning that was interesting but in the end so boring (4 me)
Jan 18, 2023 2:28 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The start was so weird but I'm pleased with how the plot progressed.
May 9, 2023 7:48 AM

Jul 2016
I can see why most of the stuff Shu does is seen as cringeworthy but those panic attacks made me feel more sorry for him more than anything. Hare confronting him was pretty satisfying tho.

Is it weird that I find the stone's "song" kinda funny?
May 27, 2023 7:19 PM

May 2023
I have never hated a mc more than Shu. Spoiled and inconsiderate. Everything is handed to him on a silver platter and all he does is whine.

On another note the plot is kicking into high gear. In a wierd way Shu being such a bad mc makes the show/plot work better. I guess thats why they wrote him that way. Can't wait to see what happens. Expecting some twists and turns + more Shu cringe.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.