Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Mar 22, 2013 8:17 PM

Mar 2009
egnaro315 said:
^ lol I swear I saw the exact same comment somewhere else in this thread. I think it was you who said that before too.
But yeah LB! (first season) is all about having the character's develop their friendship and having fun before they graduate, at least in the first season. So most of the characters will act like little children at times and embrace their youth while it still lasts. IMO only komari and kud may at times act like 5 yr olds but hey, its only for the sake of having fun.

Wouldn't have been me in this thread. The last time I posted would have been in the ep 5 thread when it aired to announce that I was dropping it. It's good to know that someone else feels the same way though, if it wasn't me.

It's not just Kud and Komari, most of the girls act like five year olds, though those two are the worst. There seemed to be something mentally wrong with the new girl that was introduced this episode too. Was she seriously standing there with her hands over her eyes waiting for someone to come along? And did she seriously think someone would have trouble guessing who she was because she was covering her eyes? That is actually something I'm sure a 5 year old would think and do.
Mar 22, 2013 8:35 PM

Sep 2012
glitchhunter said:
Was she seriously standing there with her hands over her eyes waiting for someone to come along? And did she seriously think someone would have trouble guessing who she was because she was covering her eyes? That is actually something I'm sure a 5 year old would think and do.

Wellll...
glitchhunter said:

And did she seriously think someone would have trouble guessing who she was because she was covering her eyes?

..Maybe? who knows..
It might be trying to convey something.
Mar 23, 2013 5:28 AM

Jan 2013
glitchhunter said:

It's not just Kud and Komari, most of the girls act like five year olds, though those two are the worst. There seemed to be something mentally wrong with the new girl that was introduced this episode too. Was she seriously standing there with her hands over her eyes waiting for someone to come along? And did she seriously think someone would have trouble guessing who she was because she was covering her eyes? That is actually something I'm sure a 5 year old would think and do.

It's called fooling around. You know, the stuff school children do to enjoy their youth. Don't simply assume that people only ever do stupid things because they lack intelligence.
Also, if you go around an anime and search for things to complain about, then something's seriously wrong with your approach. If the show doesn't fit your tastes, it's not neccessarily bad.

You've seen most of other KEY works (Kanon, Clannad, Angel Beats) and rated them pretty well, so I really don't know what your problem is.

@egnaro315 just look a few posts further up. The one who made the first 5-year-old-stuff comment was Michi666 and the issue was about voices, which I explained
Mar 25, 2013 8:24 AM

Mar 2009
Naoki-Saten said:

You've seen most of other KEY works (Kanon, Clannad, Angel Beats) and rated them pretty well, so I really don't know what your problem is.

What? The only one of those I've seen is Angel Beats. I haven't watched any Kanon or Clannad. I don't know what you're talking about.
Mar 25, 2013 8:37 AM

Sep 2012
Her hide-and-seek is part of Haruka's genki attitude and constant gag jokes.
I guess for some reason, you thought Haruka was supposed to be an extremely serious and dimwitted character.
Meh I'd say more but you dropped it anyway. (At least according to your profile, but then why would you still be here?)

You managed to look over quirky things like Yukiatsu's crossdressing for Ano Hana for the emotional impact at the end. Little Busters is supposed to be a comical, hearty, and later emotionally driven story. Some of the execution and animation was poorly done in the earlier episodes, but if you stick around, you won't be disappointed with what the story has to offer in the end.
Mar 25, 2013 8:44 AM

Jan 2013
glitchhunter said:
Naoki-Saten said:

What? The only one of those I've seen is Angel Beats. I haven't watched any Kanon or Clannad. I don't know what you're talking about.

My bad, that was a mistake on my part
Mar 25, 2013 9:02 AM

Mar 2009
Vladz0r said:
You managed to look over quirky things like Yukiatsu's crossdressing for Ano Hana for the emotional impact at the end. Little Busters is supposed to be a comical, hearty, and later emotionally driven story. Some of the execution and animation was poorly done in the earlier episodes, but if you stick around, you won't be disappointed with what the story has to offer in the end.

Yes, I would still be disappointed, even if the story becomes wonderful and full of unexpected twists. You know why? Because from experience, I know I cannot enjoy a great story unless I like the characters.
Ano Hana, on the other hand, had characters I loved. If the characters were all crappy like in LB then I wouldn't have liked Ano Hana at all, even if the plot was the same. And the crossdressing was understandable given Yukiatsu's mental state. It's not really comparable.
Mar 25, 2013 11:30 AM

Jan 2013
glitchhunter said:
Yes, I would still be disappointed, even if the story becomes wonderful and full of unexpected twists. You know why? Because from experience, I know I cannot enjoy a great story unless I like the characters.
Ano Hana, on the other hand, had characters I loved. If the characters were all crappy like in LB then I wouldn't have liked Ano Hana at all, even if the plot was the same. And the crossdressing was understandable given Yukiatsu's mental state. It's not really comparable.

Well, not much we can do about personal tastes.
Still, among all people I've seen complaining about the series, you're the first one to regard the majority of characters as mentally degraded... with questionable arguments.
Mar 28, 2013 10:55 PM

Feb 2012
Okay, so I was mostly okay with the comedy in Clannad, it got a little cringe-worthy in Angel Beats and I get that Little Busters is meant to be more comedically-focused, but I'm really getting desperate for some character development right now! I wish they'd cut down on the comedy just a bit - I just need something... more.

I really don't feel like I 'know' any of the characters yet, especially the original Little Busters. I really wish they'd gotten just a little bit more fleshing out to begin with so that we got more of the impression that they were great childhood friends.

Maybe it's too early, maybe Little Busters is just one of those series that take a while to introduce the characters. Would someone who's gotten further than me vouch for that?
Mar 28, 2013 11:03 PM

Sep 2012
Kamio-chan said:
Okay, so I was mostly okay with the comedy in Clannad, it got a little cringe-worthy in Angel Beats and I get that Little Busters is meant to be more comedically-focused, but I'm really getting desperate for some character development right now! I wish they'd cut down on the comedy just a bit - I just need something... more.

I really don't feel like I 'know' any of the characters yet, especially the original Little Busters. I really wish they'd gotten just a little bit more fleshing out to begin with so that we got more of the impression that they were great childhood friends.

Maybe it's too early, maybe Little Busters is just one of those series that take a while to introduce the characters. Would someone who's gotten further than me vouch for that?

Each girl gets their route where the character is better fleshed out, and there are common route episodes inbetween that also help show the uniqueness of each of the Busters.

About being childhood friends, you might not get that vibe nearly as much in the anime. In the VN, there were several days where Kyousuke, Rin, Masato, Kengo, and Riki would gather in Riki or Kyousuke's room each night and have fun, and talk about stuff best friends could only talk about.

You should check out some of the videos on my channel, with stuff from the VN that didn't make it to the anime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Td4Lzaziw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOHXjcRrb3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-E5S0uXKQY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQl793fYTuM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHVUO7eYPR8

Also this is extremely relevant to Masato's love for kinniku (muscles)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt8xQ-2Z7k0
Mar 29, 2013 2:17 AM

Jan 2013
Vladz0r said:
Kamio-chan said:

Each girl gets their route where the character is better fleshed out, and there are common route episodes inbetween that also help show the uniqueness of each of the Busters.

About being childhood friends, you might not get that vibe nearly as much in the anime. In the VN, there were several days where Kyousuke, Rin, Masato, Kengo, and Riki would gather in Riki or Kyousuke's room each night and have fun, and talk about stuff best friends could only talk about.

You should check out some of the videos on my channel, with stuff from the VN that didn't make it to the anime.

Also this is extremely relevant to Masato's love for kinniku (muscles)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt8xQ-2Z7k0

Warning - most of those videos contain slight spoilers.
Video 1 and 2 are safe. You could watch them anytime. The scenes did not occur in the anime.
Video 3 is hard to understand without a context.
Video 4 and 5 are partially included into episode 15. You can watch them once you completed that episode.
And the last one contains a spoilerous image... maybe even more than one.
Mar 30, 2013 5:54 AM

Feb 2012
Naoki-Saten said:
Vladz0r said:
Kamio-chan said:

Warning - most of those videos contain slight spoilers.
Video 1 and 2 are safe. You could watch them anytime. The scenes did not occur in the anime.
Video 3 is hard to understand without a context.
Video 4 and 5 are partially included into episode 15. You can watch them once you completed that episode.
And the last one contains a spoilerous image... maybe even more than one.

Oh thanks!

Though I always completely avoid watching any video content relating to a show until I've finished/caught up with it.
Apr 8, 2013 8:46 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, the 3 committee girls are jealous and want to punish Haruka for that simple reason. Don't know why it's always those people who end up in (important) positions.. :o
At least the committee president seems to be nice, though she doesn't show it
RiukixDApr 8, 2013 9:12 PM
May 2, 2013 9:02 PM

Sep 2011
How does one fail this "test"? xD

Anyways, pretty enjoyable episode. The story should progress a bit faster once they recruit all their members. =p
May 11, 2013 7:12 AM

May 2012
Quite decent episode, a new member and some slight development on her character! Lets see what's next!
May 19, 2013 5:11 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode, I like Haruka so far.
Jun 12, 2013 10:01 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Though calling him "retard" at the end felt a little harsh. "Dummy" would have been better.
Jul 17, 2013 1:29 AM

Nov 2012
kuddd XD damn cute! XD

haruka is really funny XD
masato is so funny btw in the end..

futaki right? is she sister of haruka? -_- they are look a like
Nov 1, 2013 11:07 PM

Jun 2011
Seriously, the friendship level of LB is on par with those of SHP (One Piece), that always got me touched in the heart. I'd love to have friends like that any day any time.

I really liked this episode, despite there are few things that really annoyed me

Edit: I forgot to mention that it's the kind of friendship that doesn't make me cringe, doesn't give off the pretentious feels.
ToG25thBaamNov 2, 2013 1:19 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 13, 2013 1:49 AM

Jan 2012
2/10 EP

would've been 0/10 without Kud

i'm falling asleep over here... (no disrespect)33
Apr 7, 2014 8:56 PM

Aug 2013
They really have high standards for picking their team members XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 17, 2014 8:25 AM
Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
Seriously, the friendship level of LB is on par with those of SHP (One Piece), that always got me touched in the heart. I'd love to have friends like that any day any time.

I really liked this episode, despite there are few things that really annoyed me

Edit: I forgot to mention that it's the kind of friendship that doesn't make me cringe, doesn't give off the pretentious feels.
moving on.
Sep 23, 2014 12:36 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, those girls fromt eh disciplinary committee needed a good bitchslap right in their prejudices! Seriously, having people that act on the base of prejudices and grudge on a disciplinary committee, that's just wrong.

Kyousuke have some interesting criteria of admission to the baseball club... x)
So all you need to do is to show your fate in the youth and you're a member? That doesn't seem very useful during a game...

That Kud look really fun. And we'll get more of her next episode!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 24, 2014 1:52 PM

Aug 2014
I liked this episode. It's so kawaii :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 10, 2015 7:36 PM

Feb 2013
Saigusa and Kanata hair color is so similar that I thought they would be sisters. Are they? They really look related but share different last names so who knows. Half-sisters? I like how Riki stood up for her. That was great. Looks like we are going to see more Kud next episode. Onto the next episode!
Mar 7, 2015 12:35 PM

Apr 2013
Yumekichi11 "EVIL NAIL CLIPPER MASATO! In the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2038/1353159182399_zpsd6fb4996.jpg
OH THE ROFL! That was a incredible comedy part in the beginning."

Masato a.k.a. Jack the Clipper
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 2, 2015 2:15 AM

May 2009
Haruka sure is a fun character. I hope to see more of her interactions with the rest of the Little Busters. I loved the part when she ganged up with Rin against Masato. Loved that moment.

And about her and Kanata. I get the feeling they're somehow related. Closely related...
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Nov 28, 2015 3:36 AM

Mar 2010
Cant they let masato win just once at least? Its predictable now that he keeps getting a ridiculous item and losss :( i like him hes just funny.

Kanata appears bitchy but im pretty sure we get to see why later on.

Haruka.. Ok that guess who was abit too much of the sillyness but overall i like her

Ok episode which didnt bore me. And no more or barely komari :D
Nov 28, 2015 3:39 AM

Mar 2010
glitchhunter said:
egnaro315 said:
^ lol I swear I saw the exact same comment somewhere else in this thread. I think it was you who said that before too.
But yeah LB! (first season) is all about having the character's develop their friendship and having fun before they graduate, at least in the first season. So most of the characters will act like little children at times and embrace their youth while it still lasts. IMO only komari and kud may at times act like 5 yr olds but hey, its only for the sake of having fun.

Wouldn't have been me in this thread. The last time I posted would have been in the ep 5 thread when it aired to announce that I was dropping it. It's good to know that someone else feels the same way though, if it wasn't me.

I am with you.. Tho i dont drop series that easily and im curious about rin mainly. But yeah komari ^^" and kud.. Tho i think with kud it is kind of cute somehow
Dec 20, 2015 5:01 PM

Jan 2010
this episode started out a tad boring but the final moments were pretty awesome...everyone collecting money to pay for the sodas...nice :)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 23, 2016 1:17 PM
Feb 2009
Kud's hallway scene was the highlight of this episode lol
Jan 2, 2017 1:58 PM

Sep 2015
That was kind of RIki and the other Little Busters at the time to help Saigusa like that
Jul 7, 2017 3:23 AM

Dec 2013
Those girls are just annoying.

Money collecting scene was nice.
Jul 8, 2017 6:15 PM

Nov 2016
The fight scenes are always gold.

Masato has earned the title "Trash" xD
But poor him he get's always bullied, hope for him that he will win at least once.

Also,the Little Busters got another new member.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2018 7:56 AM

Mar 2018
episode score: 3/5

Nothing super big happened this episode however that is okay. (If every episode was full of crazy stuff happening than the show would become a mess of random events) just a nice tame episode with a few comedic jokes mixed in-between. Due to the new character introduced, and the development with that character, I am expecting this episode was probably building up for future story-line.
Jan 23, 2019 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
So another member joins, which was pretty predictable since she was a noticable character from earlier episodes. Next time it's time for the Engrish-speaking loli I guess.
May 14, 2019 3:07 PM

May 2009
idk how they do it, but another legendary character appears. sarcastic maracas is so adorable. Even though she's a giant baka.

Other than that, it seems like we're just back to sol and some comedy, which I'm ok with.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Jun 6, 2021 8:48 AM

Jun 2020
The fight at the start was funny though seeing Masato beaten by cats him as well cutting Rin's nails and getting the title trash

A new member and a trouble maker that's a lot to handle a little Kud scene there cute

Haruka's reputation is not that great she's been looked down on by the committee but happy that Riki was there to help her and now she's officially part of Little Busters.
Jul 25, 2021 3:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haruka is joining them, she's kinda cute, and nice that everyone managed to save her against the school council
Aug 2, 2021 10:53 PM

Jan 2020
This new member is quite enjoyable lol. I wonder why the council hates her so much though

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.