Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Nov 12, 2012 3:18 AM

Mar 2009
Sa-chan_ said:
Kiraly said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Kiraly said:
I give up. The girls squeak far too much, this is unwatchable unless I mute it. Couldn't they have found better voice actors?

(Dropped)
lol great reason..

I can't exactly watch it mute, and think of my eardrums! The worst thing is that the show is perfectly fine otherwise.

I think you should bear it at least one more episode because after this arc, there will be less Komari.

Ahaha! I feel the same way about their annoying voices. They all sound and act like five year olds. End of episode was only sad because there was a dead cat, I don't care much about Komari's misery because she is too annoying. Nearly dropped it because I don't like seeing dead/dying cats.
Nov 14, 2012 10:31 PM

Jun 2008
Holy f*cking cow! What an adaptation! I cannot even comply about the moefication of the characters, I like where this is going.

Also haters who haven't read the VN yet should stop giving the series low ratings because you are missing the best part ;-)

Nov 16, 2012 7:48 AM
Jul 2012
desolato said:
I didn't feel anything at the end. Does that mean I'm a bad person?

No because when I first read the VN I was faced with the complex moral decision of taking of advantage of Komari's mental weakness to get Riki laid or to help her, I chose to get Riki laid. And I got sent to the Title screen. ( This I blame Rance for corrupting my logic but w/e)

Think of Komari like that knight character from that Visual Novel was it last April or something it released? I think it's titled Aiyoku no Eustia (fantastic VN btw coming from August, yes August that made Fortune Arterial; August, didn't acutally think they can pull off something like that) right, Fione was her name, she gets a pretty shitty route, but she gets to do something really awesome in the main route. That's kind of Komari, gets a really bad route but gets to do some awesome stuff in the true route.

Besides, how can you not like those hair ribbons.
blasterionNov 16, 2012 7:24 PM
Nov 18, 2012 11:29 PM
Oct 2012
Aaaaaand I'm crying. I've developed a weakness for Key animes, Little Busters is no exception. A beautifully sad episode.
Nov 19, 2012 1:43 PM

Aug 2008
I'm really not a fan of Komari's dry croaking/weeping. What is this terrible voice acting. :(
At least J.C Staff animated the lake beautifully. I remembered the CG in the visual novel was pretty. One thing I notice is that J.C Staff pays more attention to the animation of the scenery than the characters themselves.
Nov 23, 2012 4:30 PM

Sep 2010
darkerealm said:
I'm really not a fan of Komari's dry croaking/weeping. What is this terrible voice acting. :(

It's not terrible voice acting, it's a great voice (that's my biased opinion since i'm a Chihiro fan from Ef, that has the same VA as Komari's) :D
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Dec 11, 2012 3:21 AM

Apr 2009
Good to see some more baseball practice in this episode. Also good that the important parts of Komari's route survived adaptation mostly intact. A shame the parfait scene apparently didn't make it, though. I've got no problems with Komari's voice, I finished her VN route without issue.
Dec 11, 2012 7:29 AM

Aug 2011
Best episode yet. I was so engaged in Komari's story. Plus the music, especially during the meteor shower scene, was great. I've always had an affinity to Little Buster's soundtrack.

I didn't expect it to end where it did though. It's starting to get interesting.
Feb 17, 2013 8:33 AM
Nov 2011
This episode had a sad ending, but I'm loving this anime. After seeing four of key's big anime before, I wasn't sure what more I could expect. But the animation in the seen by the lake was just fantastic!
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 17, 2013 8:37 AM

Sep 2012
Veretax said:
This episode had a sad ending, but I'm loving this anime. After seeing four of key's big anime before, I wasn't sure what more I could expect. But the animation in the seen by the lake was just fantastic!

Glad you're able to get into the anime, hope you continue to enjoy it ;)
Mar 12, 2013 8:49 AM

Oct 2009
desolato said:
If that's true, then so am I.

Komari is just... eh.
Mar 12, 2013 10:44 AM

Jan 2013
Aurorae said:
desolato said:
If that's true, then so am I.

Komari is just... eh.

Komari route is the most unspectacular one. Don't worry, it'll get better. Consider it a warm-up
Mar 28, 2013 6:56 AM

Feb 2012
I'm... not really sure I like it so far.

Maybe it's the fact that there's more fanservice, maybe it's because it feels like it's more moe than I've ever experienced, maybe it's the incredibly ridiculous comedy or maybe it's because KyoAni isn't doing it, I just can't get into it.

I was so disappointed when I realised LB would include fanservice, it always breaks my heart...
Mar 28, 2013 7:03 AM

Sep 2011
Kamio-chan said:

I was so disappointed when I realised LB would include fanservice, it always breaks my heart...

Key works have gotten much into fanservice recently. For instance, yep LB but not that much and Rewrite especially Harvest Festa.

Mar 28, 2013 7:13 AM

Jan 2013
Kamio-chan said:

Maybe it's the fact that there's more fanservice, maybe it's because it feels like it's more moe than I've ever experienced, maybe it's the incredibly ridiculous comedy or maybe it's because KyoAni isn't doing it, I just can't get into it.

It appears you're getting the wrong Idea. Fanservice? Where? The semi-pantyshot of Komari in episode 2? Though the series isn't completely devoid of moments like those, it's not nearly on fancervice level.

Don't just forcefully break your heart over stuff like that...

Tennouji_ said:
Key works have gotten much into fanservice recently. For instance, yep LB but not that much and Rewrite especially Harvest Festa.

Isn't that just because there's always people confusing VN and eroge, then bitching around "where's my ero?? I wanna see heroine XY get laid nao~"

Isn't the fact that, ever since Clannad, KEY released the all-ages versions way before the 18+ ones already proof enough they don't intend on using fanservice/ero as a selling point?
Harvest festa is just a fandisc anyways...
Naoki-SatenMar 28, 2013 7:23 AM
Mar 28, 2013 7:29 AM

Sep 2011
Naoki-Saten said:

Isn't that just because there's always people confusing VN and eroge, then bitching around "where's my ero?? I wanna see heroine XY get laid nao~"

Isn't the fact that, ever since Clannad, KEY released the all-ages versions way before the 18+ ones already proof enough they don't intend on using fanservice/ero as a selling point?
Harvest festa is just a fandisc anyways...

I'm implying about the fanservice on the low to average level and not the H-content which that is the extreme level. In LB, Kurugaya's perverted shenanigans, Komari's panties, Riki crossdressing, and so on.

Rewrite has Lucia and Shizuru in maid outfit, Akane 'having faith' scene, and so on. And yes Harvest Festa is a fandisc but it doesn't change the fact that they have gotten much into fanservice recently.

Mar 28, 2013 5:22 PM

Feb 2012
Naoki-Saten said:
Kamio-chan said:

It appears you're getting the wrong Idea. Fanservice? Where? The semi-pantyshot of Komari in episode 2? Though the series isn't completely devoid of moments like those, it's not nearly on fancervice level.

Don't just forcefully break your heart over stuff like that...

Unfortunately, it's not by choice.

One of the things I love about Key's works is the style. I have a tendency to get lost in it because it's so mesmerisingly well done. However, once even an inkling of fanservice appears it's like a bat that just knocks me out of the whole experience.

It's an unfortunate and involuntary deal-breaker for me and I can't help it.

And yes, it's mainly Kurugaya's character and the very minor, but nevertheless intentional fanservice with regard to Komari (I only just finished episode 6 by the way).

Having said that, while the show will never be to me what it could have been without fanservice, I'm really liking the whole nostalgic feel, mainly with the OP and ED. Also, to capitalise on that theme, I would've loved to have seen them open each episode with a little adventure flashback from the Little Busters from childhood, that would just have been the perfect way to move into the OP ^_^
Mar 28, 2013 6:14 PM

Sep 2012
Well for Komari's panty shot, it was supposed to joke at her innocent character, and it was toned down from the VN severely.
VN:http://cgv.blicky.net/lbe/0152.jpg
Anime: http://i.imgur.com/NSB2qQu.jpg
Kurugaya wasn't so much of a fanservice character in the VN, but her perverted antics were part of her character (and are kind of absent in the anime).
Riki being dressed up by the girls was part of a fun harmless sleepover, and something that seems pretty harmless/funny for a bunch of girls to do to Riki.

They didn't even include the Mio incident from the VN, because it detracts from her character
Riki bumped into Mio in the hall in either the common route or her route: http://cgv.blicky.net/lbe/0226.jpg

The difference between something like Haganai and something like Little Busters, is they're not trying to sell Little Busters with its fanservice. It's sparingly used to emphasize character traits, instead of being a show where everyone dresses like a slut or everyone falls down and gets into sexually exposing positions with suggestive camera angles.

I hope the current trend of subtle fanservice won't completely ruin your experience, because it's not intended to interrupt the story, but to add some quirks to the characters.

But yeah, they've toned down the forced fanservice from the VN and only kept the more pertinent ones that are used to emphasize character traits.
Vladz0rMar 29, 2013 2:08 AM
Mar 31, 2013 5:54 PM

Feb 2010
Cute but her voice is incredibly annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2013 2:44 AM

Aug 2009
May 1, 2013 6:37 AM

Sep 2011
Another good episode!

Not gunna lie, its getting a lot better.
May 1, 2013 12:36 PM

Sep 2012
Mmm I still think it was one of the best executed arcs in the anime, a lot of nice scenes that were more reminiscent of the anime than some of the other routes.
I also liked the resolution the most of all Riki's solutions of each heroine's problem.
Vladz0rMay 1, 2013 12:40 PM
May 11, 2013 6:21 AM

May 2012
This was a pretty good episode actually some slight romance and some good drama in the end! Lets see what's next!
May 18, 2013 8:43 AM

Sep 2011
Damn that breakdown, even though I expected it :/
Jun 11, 2013 12:38 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Love the one on one moments
Jul 17, 2013 1:23 AM

Nov 2012
damn it is getting serious now.. :3
I know next episode will be a sad episode.. oh damn..

komari... :'( dont give me that look :(
Oct 29, 2013 9:21 PM

Jun 2011
Well people said that it's emotional, I don't feel sad or anything. IMO it's not done very well, or if it's originally that way in the VN too. All of a sudden she broke down, I can't feel the sadness gushing in, I can't sympathize enough.
ToG25thBaamOct 29, 2013 9:26 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 16, 2013 6:30 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I liked the beginning part where LB team is playing baseball. Kurugaya is always being moe, and Komari being petted by Kurugaya so cute.

Now the breakdown scene was too much for me. Komari is sweet, and a bundle of joy, and to see her breakdown like that is just painful to watch.

Mar 14, 2014 10:42 PM

Aug 2013
I like Komari a lot but sometimes I wish she'll just stand there, look cute and not speak. Her voice is just >__< Hope I get used to it, and fast.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 13, 2014 5:17 PM
Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
Well people said that it's emotional, I don't feel sad or anything. IMO it's not done very well, or if it's originally that way in the VN too. All of a sudden she broke down, I can't feel the sadness gushing in, I can't sympathize enough.

Agreed. This anime has characters that are so caught doing that they can't cater to the watcher. They can't give that tactful glance or smile or quiet moment that actually makes us relate to them. There is only a brick wall, even though they have personality. I dropped Little Busters initially because of this. I was a bystander during Komari's situation. I watched and it was like, "Oh, poor girl." But I felt nothing. I find this anime to be very untactful. I should not feel numbness while watching an anime that is so "emotional."
moving on.
Sep 23, 2014 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
I feel like Komari is in some parts responsible for a brother death, hence the reason they don't want to tell her that she had a brother. Her memory loss could be due to a trauma toward her responsability (lol, that's so cliche). But I'm always wrong when speculating so it will probably not be that.

That old man is so cool, messing with those kids. Love those grumpy old man.

Is Riki a weird girl magnet? I'm 100% sure all these other girls will have weird unbelievable problem/trauma/whatever...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 24, 2014 9:12 AM

Aug 2014
Nice Episode! But now in the end when she was recovering her memories when she just saw the kitty inside of the gutter unable to move because they had died.... So sad. :(
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 10, 2015 6:16 PM

Feb 2013
So I guess Komari's brother did die. She forgot but then she remembered everyhting and hse apparently could't handle it. Poor Komari. It's always hard to see the happiest person you know to just breakdown from sadness anf grief. Looks like we're reaching the end of her arc. Possible in the next two episodes. But then who's arc are we goint into? Onto the next episode!
Mar 30, 2015 11:56 PM

May 2009
Great episode. The ending was really emotional. Looking forward to the rest of the story!
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Nov 27, 2015 11:39 AM

Mar 2010
Eventho i like komari the least i did feel with her... Poor komari :( kind of saw it coming..

xchee said:
I like Komari a lot but sometimes I wish she'll just stand there, look cute and not speak. Her voice is just >__< Hope I get used to it, and fast.

I have the same..

ToG25thBaam said:

I did feel for her but yeah i couldnt rlly get very sad or overly emotional since it was rushed.. And cause i find her voice annoying ^^" so i was like ok glad it is over now.. I feel bad for saying this but yeah
Dec 20, 2015 2:10 AM

Jan 2010
Aww...this is what Maeda is capable of.
Beautiful episode. Although the fanservice ruined it a bit for me...but just a bit xD

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 2, 2017 12:47 PM

Sep 2015
I feel bad for Komari-san :-:
She's best girl in my opinion so far.
Jul 6, 2017 1:04 AM

Dec 2013
Komari is cute. That ending made me want to give her a hug.
Jul 8, 2017 3:46 PM

Nov 2016
This episode was fun, but not really that sad for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 21, 2019 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
Not as fun as the episodes before, guess I can see now why this has the drama tag.
Jul 30, 2020 4:09 AM

Feb 2018
Higurashi no naku Komari, lol... Those yandere face.
Feb 21, 2021 9:54 AM

Jun 2017
Well, I knew this was coming for a couple episodes - shortly after Komari's introduction I was wondering if they were setting up a sad story or some kind of tragedy because of her overwhelming optimism - pretty much confirmed the moment they showed she had some inner sadness and memory loss.

Even though I knew it was coming this was still pretty powerful. Good characters will do that, I suppose.
Jun 5, 2021 10:51 AM

Jun 2020
Good to see the team practice as they mean it although Komari needs to try a little bit more

The middle part of the episode is so wholesome seeing Riki and Komari bond together alone

Sometimes Komari is a big baby but she's cute she just broke down when she saw that dead cat and remembered her time with her brother.
Jul 24, 2021 2:10 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh no poor Komari... :(, the date was basically all she wanted to do with her deceased brother, that's sad, now I don't know what will happen but of course you can't replace him.
Aug 2, 2021 10:50 PM

Jan 2020
omg.. that dead stare of komari is well done but scary considering how cute she usually is

Sep 30, 2023 4:14 PM

Jun 2020
Finally, this is getting good...

Even though the voice acting is mediocre in both Japanese and English, they still managed to imbue this episode with emotional impact, and make us feel for someone we met only 40 minutes ago. Maybe it's because I have the same deep sadness as her, in constant fear of forgetting and mourning lost memories. Komari may be a happy, loving person who collects joyous memories for fun; but loving everyone and cherishing happy memories means every parting is a heartbreak, every forgotten day of fun a tragedy. She is a melancholy soul :(

Also the breakdown wasn't sudden like everyone is saying, we see throughout the episode that Komari is losing the ability to keep her happy face on, more and more regularly until seeing the dead cat and remembering her brother brought everything crashing down.
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.