Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
May 2, 2017 2:15 PM

May 2010
I almost thought Hare would moan hard (since even one? guy had moaned on getting his void opened)

Eh I liked this episode. Other than that suspicious eyebrow guy appearing conveniently like he always does, it was nice.

Aug 5, 2017 5:21 PM

Jun 2017
Much action in the episode. I really hope that Gai is finally dead, fkin hate this guy.

Get the hell away from Inori you lil blonde bitch!

Aug 7, 2017 8:13 AM

Jan 2013
Well then, everything just went south.
Eyebrow guy = new villain?
Feb 27, 2018 12:15 PM

Feb 2018
Dan! Nooooo! You will be missed.
Apr 7, 2018 2:10 AM

Nov 2017
Best episode so far, Shu finally does something right. Inori singing the ed from the roof gave me the chills
May 25, 2018 2:34 PM

Aug 2016
Damn, Commander Dan, please survive. He was sort of joke on stereotypical american/soldier (from Japanese perspective) through and through but I like his attitude. He was on "bad guys" side, but he thought he was good guy. I am gonna miss him.

And this show is really good musical drama. Shame they still try to censorship/copyright music even after 7 years, you can't watch it without music.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2019 5:20 PM

Feb 2018
You failed to safe Gai,Ouma Shu.
Sep 23, 2019 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
This show's story is so full of holes... like they explain almost nothing. Why does Inori's singing play any part in... whatever it is she does? Why do people have voids inside them anyway? And the bad dude in the end just disappears after he failed to kill Shu, why???
Feb 1, 2020 7:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Gai is going to die ? good news.
Oct 28, 2020 3:45 AM

Feb 2017
Huh, I didn’t hate this episode, weird. Daryl’s daddy issues, Shu’s ‘trying to be like Gai’ monologue, Inori’s song... there were some real emotions/moments of substance here. For the first time, it tried to do things with Shu’s character in this arc. Not to say a bunch of the writing here isn’t still terrible (the plot and worldbuilding are in complete meltdown, but at least openly being nonsense is more exciting than quietly being nonsense) however, I was actually invested in this episode. Especially seeing the full lyrics to Departures in context — I don’t care much for Shu and Inori’s paper-thin romance (or either character in general), but it still got me a little. Credit entirely to the amazing soundtrack, but credit where credit’s due nonetheless.
Jan 10, 2022 4:57 PM

Dec 2007
i really tries to ignore some of guilty crown's action nonsense, but that jump was stupid lol.

shu ended up making his "own" decisions. dunno if i like it or not, but it's still better. 'till that end scream...

in other words - this series is aware it's need to shit on everything good.
Mar 6, 2022 9:16 AM
Nov 2020
Why is it's feels like final episode
Mar 24, 2022 5:56 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Shu grows some bigger pair of balls. I take this as a good sign for the rest of this story.

I do like the idea that despite that Shu possesses tremendous power, it's only the potential for power. He always needs someone with him, and couldn't have carried out this rescue mission alone. This episode honestly rekindled some hope I have for this anime. Maybe it was Inori's vocals that moved me a bit.

Gai better not be dead yet; he can die later, but not yet man

edit: So I went to the reviews for this just to see what nonsense those who gave this a 10/10 had to say about this. And the first one you see is actually a satirical one, thank goodness (the next 10/10 review genuinely loved this... idk what to say to that. You do you I guess). Basically they say to just not take any of it seriously and to have fun, poking fun at it, and you'll have a good time. I've been somewhat doing that, but for the next episode I'll try to fully commit to that mindset.
BetaMaleUltraMar 24, 2022 6:06 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 15, 2022 10:37 AM

Feb 2012
Shu opens up to his friends, revealing his Void Genom ability. Despite them being terrorists, Funeral Parlor gave him a purpose (much like looking after Jun gave Yahiro purpose even though he considered Jun a nuisance). Shu almost namedropped the series there when he said he felt guilty (in regards to using his friends like tools).

All of them get into a vehicle and Shu pulls out his friends void 1-by-1 to get past the GHQ soldiers to reach Inori.

Segai and Keiudo do a coup d'état within GHQ, overthrowing General Yan's leadership of it by having his son Daryl kill him over his affair with Emily. At the same time, they can blame the continuation of Lost Christmas on Funeral Parlor; it's a false flag operation.

Inori's songs actually have a physical effect and can temporarily undo the damage of the virus (this is reminding me of Macross). But the Segai/Keidou faction of GHQ have a counter signal.

Someone else, the boy who was seen in previous episodes, decloaks and shows that Shu is not the only person with the Void Genom, he pulls out Inori's void. Gai succumbs to the disease, dying in Shu's arms. Shu cannot be Gai, but will he have to try and be now that Funeral Palor has lost their leader?
Fortress_MaximusApr 15, 2022 12:39 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 10, 2022 11:14 PM

Jul 2021
Okay. I realize that Shu's cruise action was supposed to be epic. But I honestly couldn't stop laughing during that segment. In a way, this was just like Pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that this series finally seems to be picking up some steam. But this was really hilarious.
It's also absurd that Dan Eagleman has changed 180 characters. He's okay with killing thousands of civilians where there are tons of women and children, but he's bashing Scarface for pointing a gun at a single woman. I don't expect much from GC, but they can at least be consistent.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 18, 2023 2:51 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Bruuuuv that was messed up.
May 9, 2023 8:20 AM

Jul 2016
Shu using his friend group as a toolbox for Voids is satisfying to watch (as weird as that sounds)

Pretty ironic how Gai's been kept alive with Inori's blood only to die by her Void. Or maybe not if Shu uses Hare's bandages or something.
May 27, 2023 7:47 PM

May 2023
Watching Shu lose Inori so satisfying. Shu's inaction and immatureness having consequences. A++

Story wise having all Shu's "friends" accept going along with him after having gave that pitiful explanation of why they should. Meh, the plot must go on so w/e.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.