Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Feb 2, 3:19 PM

Mar 2010
HOLY SHIT THis was peak POV pog reminds me a bit of the POV from the doom movie, about time we get something like this.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 3, 1:58 PM

Aug 2017
Arise! Arise Jinwoo for his second awakening. Off the bat, Jin-woo got extremely to get out of that dungeon alive with both his arm and leg attached.
Time for the daily workout quest of 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 crunches, and 10km run. Jinwoo is training like One Punch man for real.

Feb 3, 4:01 PM
Feb 2018
I'm surprised that hunter association didn't take more of an interest in Jin odd behavior in the hospital or that he disappeared for four hours.

Also him using the key before testing his new abilities and stats in a dungeon he been to before seems dangerous

Was this different in the manhaw?
Feb 3, 5:28 PM
Jan 2021
Well as the title of this episode implies, this is like a game, except that it’s affecting Jinwoo’s regular life. Not only is he training to get stronger (hopefully he’ll realize that he can’t just dump all of his points into Strength and will spread them out more), but he kinda has to if he wants to avoid the penalty quest that he almost died from.

And now he’s in what’s called an Instance Dungeon and finally got his first dub in killing some goblins. Now he seems to be in the process of getting penetrated by a metal fanged wolf. What’s Jinwoo gonna do now? Is he allowed to bring others with him to these instance dungeons or will he be forced to do these by himself, as the title “Solo Leveling” implies.

We’ll just have to see, but at least he’s making some kind of progress.
Feb 3, 11:42 PM

Jul 2013
While this episode brought some new insights, it also raised new questions.

It is beyond doubt that it was a very special dungeon in which Sung essentially died, and even though it is very positive that he was given the second chance he asked for, the display on which he distributes stats or accepts daily quests seems only visible to him can represent a great mystery.

Aside from that, I'm amazed that the hunter association didn't show any further interest or conduct any kind of testing on him, even if it wasn't the well-known, albeit rare, second awakening.
As simple as the daily quests may be, the punishing quests are just as brutal, as we discovered. Surviving for 4 hours against these monstrous sandworms is nothing short of a miracle. Even if I can't imagine this training remaining this simple, it should give Sung an incredible opportunity to finally become stronger and be able to provide for his family the way he always imagined.

However, questions remain as to how such a thing is even possible, since the instance he entered with the key seems to be in a completely different dimension.
I can understand his curiosity about the key, but especially when I enter a dungeon solo without having any knowledge of its level of difficulty, I need better preparation. Not only this is an indicator that Sung has never played computer games. Furthermore, he seems to have no idea that when it comes to stat distribution, it's not just about putting all the points gained into strength, but about having a certain balance. Some stats can even have hidden secondary effects.

He may have barely survived the goblins, which is a remarkable achievement given his previous circumstances, but things will only get more difficult from here, as can already be seen from the Lycan. I hardly want to imagine what the actual dungeon boss looks like.

Feb 4, 8:42 AM

Apr 2021
hum I liked it. so he has skills from a game, so he will be able to do things as written. he will be very strong like this.
Feb 4, 9:47 AM
Nov 2022
Great episode, but maybe a bit dragged out.
Feb 4, 10:51 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to dzudoKing
3 episodes in and I'm certain of one thing: direction is a disaster or maybe source material is really that bad. Cliffhanger during fight with fodder monsters, really? How exciting! Power system from ass, MC's resurrection feels like plot armor. Weak person running 4 hours from monster in its natural environment? Is this show for braindeads? I suspect so. Maybe SAO wasn't that bad after all.

Edit. And some braindead (don't remember his nickname) prepared subjective shit anime sheet stating like Solo Leveling was supposed to be mega hit. Jokes on him.
@dzudoKing what a dead brain comment LMAO🤣
Feb 4, 2:29 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Jinwoo may got a second awakening as a Player, but he's got a long way to go if he think he can solo(no pun intended) a dungeon by himself. He did take out those goblins so its a step in the right direction in terms of progress.
Feb 5, 1:12 AM

Dec 2013
This new system really is just like a video game. Putting all his stats into one category is about to backfire badly.
Feb 5, 3:27 AM
Dec 2022
Out of hospital and straight into an instance dungeon. Jinwoo does not think that through
Feb 6, 3:21 PM

Aug 2022
This show is edging me so much, and the cliffhangers are killing me. I WANT MORE! I WANT MORE! I haven't read the manhwa, but overall, these first 3 episodes have been solid so far, and I'm excited to see where they go next!
Feb 8, 11:01 AM
Apr 2019
meow meowsfdvfdsfds
Feb 8, 3:20 PM
Jan 2024
Just a masterpiece man, literally, I love how similar it is with the Manwha, tho it lacks somethings that can easily be pictured in a image, but not on a animation, thats the tea, thats the good thing, love it
Feb 10, 11:47 AM
Jan 2019
:)))))))))))))))))))
Feb 10, 11:54 AM
Oct 2016
Amazing! Anime love it
Feb 10, 7:50 PM
Dec 2021
Enjoying each episodes so far
Feb 11, 9:34 AM
Jan 2024
Epic visual effects and plot
Feb 12, 12:24 AM

Jul 2021
Another enjoyable episode, im happy to see Jin Woo getting stronger with his training and skill points. It was nice to see him take out a couple of goblins in the instance dungeon but that wolf looks like trouble.

Also Jin Woo surviving 4 hours with that monster was crazy.

I hope JooHee gets better, it makes me sad to see her sad. It was also nice to see Jin Woo sister, I also hope his mother gets better.

Feb 13, 12:34 PM
Dec 2015
terrible in all aspects, failure as a anime... a failure as a isekai, a failure as a korean aeni
Feb 14, 6:21 AM
Nov 2023
The fear in his face tells how traumatic the situation would have been. If I had a another chance...and he got that chance, I'm happy for that.
The opening theme is good. Penalty is very hard, it's better to do the daily quests. This episode mainly focused on the training part...the way to the being strongest. It's hard to pull ourself back from the trauma and Sung Jin woo body's is still in that trauma. I hope Sung Jin woo and Lee Joohee overcome the trauma and go to hunting together.

Gambare Gmabare Sung Jin woo san.
Feb 19, 11:22 AM

Jul 2019
lol Jinah. Victim blaming, gas lighting, entitled behaviour, leaving you - for all that you know - hallucinating & badly hurt brother to hang out with a friend, MORE victim blaming...
The MC should tread down the path of mysoginy ASAP.
Feb 23, 3:33 PM
May 2022
Compared to manwha its Meh.
Feb 25, 11:57 PM
Jan 2024
New concept well executed
Feb 26, 5:59 AM

Dec 2008
It's totally weird to see so much hype, I've seen dozens of Isekai that are more or less like this one, but had a 5.x rating XD

Compared to the previous 2 episodes that was a completely decent episode.
I liked how the guy started to train, partially forced by the HUD system.
Too bad there was no scene with Jin Woo and the healer girl, it was actually nice how she brought get well flowers to the hospital.

In the last part the mc took a bad idea into action, now I am curious how he can escape the dungeon without losing arms and legs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 1:20 PM

Feb 2012
14:24 Maybe had a banana for breakfast?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 1, 1:22 PM
Sep 2020
Bit slower of an ep, but was still necessary

I liked how we are slowing seeing Jinwoo become stronger as opposed to him automatically becoming op. Kind of reminds me of Deku lol. I've already been spoiled of what he looks like once he powers up, but I am still excited to see it animated!
Mar 3, 8:01 PM
Mar 2021
aleks le i love you
Mar 5, 11:40 AM
Dec 2021
It falling back to its aot inspirations but it was still pretty good
Mar 7, 5:55 AM
Apr 2023
very Nice Story and enjoy it.
Mar 12, 4:42 AM

Jul 2013
So this is why it's called solo leveling, alright
Mar 20, 10:32 AM

Jan 2021
You know. I really like the whole. "Everyone else is just static but the main character can buff himself" trope
Mar 20, 10:33 AM

Jan 2021
You know. I really like the whole. "Everyone else is just static but the main character can buff himself" trope
Mar 20, 10:33 AM

Jan 2021
Apr 2, 3:55 AM

Jan 2017
Isn't this premise with the game UI and all basically just Shield Hero, lmao
Apr 3, 9:50 AM
Jan 2023
Every episode ends on a cliffhanger lol
Apr 9, 3:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least he can finally progress now even though he's the only one beware of it, which means he has to do dungeons by himself as well... it's already a difficult 1st one
Apr 12, 7:14 PM
Jun 2022
OMG i love this type of anime
Apr 14, 2:45 AM

Feb 2021
Really enjoyed the anime version :)

Can't wait to see him become stronger and get underlings.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 15, 9:58 AM
Aug 2023
MC should have spent some points on intelligence...or watched Cautious Hero; obvious plan should have been grinding daily quests and ranking up stats until more than ready to enter the dungeon. There didn't seem like an end to daily quests, and no time limit on entering the dungeon. The daily quests aren't even as hard as it seems, no requirement on how fast to do the tasks, ie. take 5 min breaks in between each pushup will still eventually add up to 100 pushups.
Apr 15, 6:05 PM

Apr 2008
Man, we're on Ep3 and the plot armor and stupidity is already thick

Him surviving for 4 hours is already stupid, but apparently going PURE STR makes him into an acrobatic ninja

FFS, we aren't even asking for much...
Change the survival penalty from 4 hours to 1 hour
Make him be less of a moron and have him raise all his physical stats...

Seriously
Those INSANELY MINOR CHANGES would have kept me inside the suspension of disbelief
but no, its broken I'm probably going to end up rating this a 3/10 or something... let's see how it plays out
Apr 19, 1:02 AM
Apr 2024
First episodes where kinda slow. Third episode really sold me on the series
Apr 28, 10:34 AM

Mar 2016
LET THE GAME BEGIN PLAYAAAAAH

Sung Jin-Woo has returned to the world of the living. Now comes the endless pursuit of getting stronger! He has been given the opportunity to get stronger the more he trains and fights, the path to the summit of strength is long and perilous, but in a world where people just can't get any stronger than they already are. He's a truly fearsome anomaly.

Though honestly, if you're able to run and evade a big ass DUNE worm for 4 hours like he did, you're already a full fledged monster in my book.
May 25, 4:49 AM

Apr 2013
I thought there would be more change after he "died", but I guess it will take a while. So far there are a lot of unanswered questions about what is actually happening.
May 30, 5:55 AM
Jul 2023
Man, I bet everyone wants this daily quest system irl haha
- Protagonist is already trying to get stronger instead of being a little bitch, sweet
- Yeah, sure. He is now able to kill 3 goblins just because he worked out for 4 days.
- Damn, poor guy’s knife broke in the instance dungeon. I guess he has to solo the whole thing empty handed?
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

28 by OroficB06 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

398 by KcmcPro »»
Yesterday, 4:03 PM

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

729 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Jun 9, 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.