Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jun 2, 2020 7:04 AM

Mar 2019
Oh my god that was way too much wholesomeness for my heart.
Even the guard was cheering on Aries! :D

All in all, I am a bit conflicted on what score to give this series. My experience with it was quite similar as with the second season of Assassination Classroom - I thought the first half of it was rather average but loved the latter one. As such, I think I will just leave Kanata no Astra with the same score, which is 8/10. Maybe it's a bit high but I don't care. The plot twists really were good. c:
OωO
Jul 27, 2020 4:45 AM

Sep 2009
10/10. I LOVE this anime. I didn't expect anything and I finished the whole series half a day.
I'll totally miss the series. Really love they gave us a happy ending esp. Aries and Kanata~ <3
Jul 27, 2020 4:44 PM
May 2020
Never expected it to be so good, I love on how the story goes and how the characters express themselves. I would definitely recommend this to people.

10/10 Yeah, I'm overating it because I really enjoyed the show and it deserves it (Just my Honest opinion)
Aug 4, 2020 7:51 PM

Mar 2019
Some parts may have felt kinda weird, but overall I would give it a 9/10.

Sep 2, 2020 4:54 AM

Nov 2019
What the hell... how is this show so good?

Maybe they should put some sort of limit on how long manga/LN series can run, because there seems to be a higher percentage of success in the '(intentionally) under 10 volumes' group.
Oct 3, 2020 12:44 AM

Feb 2010
I just randomly clicked on this series. Didn’t expect it to be so good. It’s strange that I haven’t heard a single person talk about this series it has a pretty high score on here. I was actually really expecting some kind of plot twist at the end since there were so many throughout the show. I was waiting for something bad to happen but it was all just happy. I feel like everything ended up a little too perfect but honestly those poor kids went through a lot so I think they all deserve that happy ending.
I loved this show very much and I stuck between giving it an 8 or a 9 but I’m gonna go ahead and bump it to a 9 since I genuinely loved every single
Episode.
I will miss seeing these characters 😭
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Oct 4, 2020 10:02 PM

Sep 2018
I like the ending! They have ridiculous revelation and questionable logic but I did enjoy this anime. 7/10
Oct 5, 2020 6:47 PM
Mar 2019
ngl i'm actually surprised this had a really nice rating, considering this was under one of the genres that may be popular but is pretty much 50/50 in quality. it's also a well-deserved score imo. most of my suspicions based on how aries' name was the only one upside down, quiterrie and funi being too alike for one of them to be "adopted", charce being flamboyant that it kinda is sus eventually took fruit. it was really fun speculating who the culprit is and how they all ended up in that spaceship!

it wrapped up nicely, though, so kudos to the staff. per aspera ad astra.
Oct 9, 2020 12:46 AM

Oct 2016
After watching the anime, I just have a question... is Ulgar's brother still alive?

There was this scene in episode 12 suggesting that Lieutenant Grace is actually Finn Zweig hiding his true identity. This would mean his death was forged so he could keep the investigation. Is that what happened?

Oct 15, 2020 11:22 AM
Jul 2016
Honestly this was great, the plot twists were great, I thought the traitor would be the main one, but the other twists caught me more off guard and even though I got spoiled on the traitor the episode before about who it was, I was still caught off guard by the other twists. The characters were great, their chemistry was great and their development was great. And it even had two satisfying romantic subplots, with most anime not even managing to do one. Most of the plot holes people keep pointing out have decent explanations and overall the show just made enjoy it enough to not care about any plot holes. The last episode was so satisfying as well.

8.5/10 for me.
Oct 18, 2020 11:06 PM
Dec 2019
@Nurguguru How the fuck is this ovverated litteraly know one know this anime it’s underrated fuck he talmout he need to get of them tookah blunts
Nov 23, 2020 2:16 AM
May 2009
For 12 Episodes, despite 1 and 12 being near hour long, it was a great show.
I really enjoyed the ride.
Characters all got developed in their own way.
Had a feeling from the start that their was probably more to the world in the anime than one would have thought. But still was a good ride.
Not sure if 12 episodes is the optimal amount. I would have probably liked more focus on their survival, as one episode per planet seems to quick to enjoy.
Nov 28, 2020 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
It was okay, but it could have easily been so much better. I did really like the ending though.
Dec 13, 2020 5:37 AM

Nov 2010
Over all its a very good anime. Nice animation, nice story and likeable characters. As for the plot twists... many of the twists just didn't make sense in my head. Nice try though. 8/10
Dec 13, 2020 5:43 AM

Nov 2010
Darken-san said:
After watching the anime, I just have a question... is Ulgar's brother still alive?

There was this scene in episode 12 suggesting that Lieutenant Grace is actually Finn Zweig hiding his true identity. This would mean his death was forged so he could keep the investigation. Is that what happened?

Nah, Ulgar's bro is dead. Remember, Ulgar himself became a investigative journalist and he went on to investigate his brother's death. He also visited his father/original in prison and they spoke about the fact that the father knew about the killing of his brother.
Dec 27, 2020 6:39 PM

Aug 2018
I couldn't wait for this last episode to finally end. The first couple of episodes were promising but soon the plot turned into an absolute mess. Current MAL score of 8/10 is much too generous for this garbage.
Dec 29, 2020 6:20 AM
Dec 2017
Half of the cast was more like placeholders than characters, MC is just your Standart Nice Guy, some weird lore stuff (they had all the info they needed in Astra's navigation systems except the description of any dangerous stuff on the surface, and so on), final episodes was bombed with plot twist. 7/10.
Feb 24, 2021 11:49 PM

Aug 2017
So Luca and Ulgar are banging, right?
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"
May 13, 2021 10:06 AM

Aug 2018
Aries: *wanted to name her future baby girl Seira*
Charce: Not this shit again :(

So everyone live a good live in the end, what a great show :D
This series is underrated imo since it has only 100k users/members in MAL.

9/10.
Jun 12, 2021 5:17 AM

May 2020
The show had too much plot conveniences and unrealism, in one moment all hope is lost and everybody starts to panic then the next moment a plot device is introduced randomly and suddenly everyone is saved, this lasted until like half of the entire show and it became annoying to watch sometimes. Though it was an enjoyable ride despite the obvious writing problems, and I liked each and every character, the plot twists were also pretty cool.

8/10
Jul 5, 2021 8:44 AM
Jan 2019
What a finalll episode. Very underrated anime.
10/10
Jul 10, 2021 10:58 AM

Mar 2020
ONE HELL OF A RIDE!!!

Thank You Kanata No Astra For the Ride!!

The Amazing Plot Twists, Touching Drama, Top-Notch Comedy. Definitely Suit My Kind Of Tastes!!

Definitely one of my Top 5

Gonna Rewatch it Again 1 year later!!
Subscribe to my Youtube : Rosvl Studio

I post Skits, Fingerstyle about Anime, F1 and many more :)

Link In My Profile!!
Jul 31, 2021 3:08 AM

Aug 2010
I actually enjoyed watching this series, the concept and plot twists are interesting! The ideas of all the new flora and fauna and living species in those different planets are interesting too.

I guess because it’s only 14 episodes long there isn’t enough time to fully develop each “arc” and everything seems to be solved pretty quickly - but I thought it’s not bad given the limited time. And for a 14 episodes long series I do feel like I’ve also been gone on this “journey” with them.

Enjoyed this more than I thought I would, especially given that I just chose to dive into this series while I was browsing things to watch!
Aug 2, 2021 5:39 PM

Jan 2021
This show was amazing. I actually enjoyed it. I don’t enjoy friendship much but this series changed my mind. And also I actually enjoyed the MC’s.
9/10
Aug 27, 2021 6:08 AM

Jul 2017
What a mess this series was overall, all in 1-cour. Only things I can praise are that the visuals are decent and the ending at least makes the show feel complete despite the clunky writing and world building, forced drama, terrible comedy, poorly executed plot twists, annoying characters and chemistry, etc.
Nov 30, 2021 1:10 AM

Mar 2013
This has been a wonderful episode, I'm glad they didn't route this into a war between the clones and original but instead, they made the last half a happy ending with an after story of their next life as a real person and not as a clone. There's so many good things that I've learned after watching this and it is sad to say farewell to the story.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 13, 2022 4:11 PM

Apr 2019
Fantastic show. Liked it the whole way through. The whole "It could be anyone of us. It could be you! It could be me!" trope is one of my personal favourites. Looking back on it, I can see how some people don't like this show. But I throughly enjoyed watching it.

Im really glad that, like the first episode, this one was also 49 minutes. Of course they could've shown more of what they were doing in the future, but I thought that what we got was good enough. Definitely beats the whole "slideshow" ending that some shows take. Solid cast of characters, with my favourites being Ulgar, Kanata and Zack. I also really like how Kanata, Zack and Charce went back into space. Although, I kinda wish that Ulgar went with them, but I'm happy with him staying and continuing journalism.

Probably give this a solid 8.5/10, which could easily go up to 9 if I wanted to round it up (which I might do later on).

I really liked this series. Kinda kicking myself for passing it by when it came out, but I'm glad that I got around to watching it; without having anything spoiled.
arcticmontysJan 13, 2022 4:21 PM
Apr 21, 2022 8:37 PM

Jun 2012
Lil unbelievable that the government was that cooperative but great show nonetheless. A happy ending is nice for such a depressing show.
Apr 23, 2022 9:21 PM

Jan 2016
What a series. Randomly added it on my list and enjoyed every moment of it. Loved the characters and adventure the crew went on. Extra points for the amazing dub. I love anime endings where they show what happens when everyone grows up. The job of an anime is for people to enjoy and man did I enjoy it. Overall 9/10 for this underrated anime.

Jun 30, 2022 2:55 AM

Feb 2020
lmfao aries wants to name her future baby seira. And so the cycle continues

Seems pretty convenient that they were able to land all of their parents in jail, considering how prominent, rich, and connected they are. Not to mention that one of them is a literal king. I guess you're not really supposed to think about it

the immigration history is so goddamn stupid that I don't know where to start. first off I think that a society with the technology to create 10,000 wormholes would probably be able to do something about an asteroid. and the entire generation of people collectively decided to lie about the history of the planet, and no one ever found out? and they did this because humanity suddenly became altruistic? hell I'd think that a massive war killing half the population would result in more strife, hatred, and bitter people, but sure, whatever you say, kanata no astra

overall 3/10
Jul 6, 2022 9:27 AM

Jul 2013
Cheesy in the most cringe inducing way possible. I was interested in the early episodes when Kanata seems to be a subverted version of typical shounen hero trope only for him to turn out to be exactly that starting from the second half. The stuffs about clones and resetting human history post asteroid apocalypse are interesting ideas just not executed in the most believable fashion.
Oct 11, 2022 2:43 PM

Jul 2011
This was a fun gem to stumble upon. I was so invested with it, I ended up watching all 12 episodes back to back. That's something I haven't done since I was a teen! Great show and a nice feel good wrap up for the series.
Nov 8, 2022 11:20 PM

Oct 2022
This was great, told a full story, wrapped up everything well and was very engaging from start to finish. Being a shorter story really helped this one and thematically I thought it touched on a very interesting topic i.e. trading individuality for peace.
Nov 12, 2022 1:14 AM

Jun 2020
I actually rly appreciate the nice closure finale. I enjoy a simple, feel-good happy ending for all. I’m glad I watched this, loved the characters & their friendships, the twists & turns were pretty iffy but I still had a lot of fun, I liked the comedy too. I really like the voice acting as well I think the seiyuus portrayed their characters very well.

I also liked how romance & attraction wasnt the only focus between Kanata & Aries & more so how their feelings developed through mutual respect & admiration & how they could depend on each other. They were so goofy & cute!! There’s very little episodes but I feel they managed to strike a balance between progressing the plot & character development, I’m glad all the characters had their little moments. My favourite character was Luca! The cutest, kindest, sweetest! He has a big heart & it’s cute how his & Ulgar’s friendship still remained strong. They all found their own peace. Happy ending, yay!

The end where he thought of his teacher was pretty touching. The people you meet, the experiences you had, all the good and bad, they all shape you to be who you are today. Survival tip no. 93929101191992?????? If they could survive the unknowns of space, such a crazy adventure, they could face anything! Well, not the exact quote, but I learned something too. So far, you’ve lived through your worst days, for anyone who needed to hear that!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 6, 2022 10:16 PM
Sep 2018
Hueee......bye astra
May 22, 2023 11:34 PM

May 2017
10/10 one of the best shonen anime ive ever watched and there will never be any other experience like it. they utilized chekhov's gun perfectly and tied all loose ends at the finale. the animation and cg is so superb too, the voice acting is so great and fit so well depending on the mood like it's as funny or even funnnier than konosuba's + their dramatic voice acting is so emotional and that you can feel each character's grief and that the voice actors/actresses actually put so much effort into it. and lastly, thank you to all the staff and everyone involved into making this anime project a success.

AYE, YEAH
81982062_p0
Jun 7, 2023 3:11 PM

Aug 2019
Man that was a lot to get through, but overall I guess this is a nice way to end the series. I was expecting it to leave a TON of things unanswered, but I think just about everything was explained... I think? One question that's still on my mind is why the Astra was abandoned in Earth's atmosphere. Like why was it up there? They never used it, but despite that they left it in space? That sounds like a plot hole to me but idk

We did get an explanation as to how the whole timeline works and all that which was great, and it definitely cleared up a lot of things, but it does feel a bit off at least to me lol

Other than all that though, I think it was pretty nice to see the main cast of characters going about their lives seven years into the future. I do think it was all resolved just a bit too perfectly, but whatever. Overall this was pretty fun! I don't really watch Sci-Fi shows like this but I enjoyed this for the most part. It has a lot of flaws, but I think the positives do make up for it all... Most of the time lol

I think this show is probably like a 7/10 for me. I can't really give it anything higher than that 😅
Jul 18, 2023 8:24 AM

Aug 2019
Really good ending actually, I like how every loose end was tied up.
I think this is gonna be a 7/10 for me, which is way better than I initially thought it was gonna be from watching the first few episodes.

The mystery aspect of this show was very well done, each plot twist just added to my intrigue of the story. I also really liked the sense of camaraderie between the main cast, even if the characters themselves were archetypal. The visuals were fantastic too.

As for the bad things about this anime, there was just too many cheap plot contrivances and deus ex machinas. Just to name a few:

-Charce’s extra wormhole controller conveniently placed in his other sleeve.
-There being another Astra ship where they crashed with just the parts they needed to repair the original ship.
-Kanata losing his right hand in the most forced and dumb way possible (maybe don’t stick your arm in a wormhole?)
-Aries randomly having photographic memory which is the only reason Charce was exposed as the impostor.
And a TON more.

Kanata no Astra is solid, but flawed.
Jul 19, 2023 1:26 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So landing on Astra was no problem after they sent out an e-mail, and returned safely with no issues since their clone parents were all apprehended beforehand. Kind of quick, kind of easy.... but it's okay, it leaves room for the stuff I'd rather see more. We get to see them on Astra 7 years later all as adults, and it's just nice to see where they are all at instead of just ending abruptly. And yeah, this did end nicely, with Kanata taking Zack and Charce on another journey through space.

It was alright. I WANTED more, but I wasn't necessarily EXPECTING more than what we got. We got some pretty good plot twists, delivered with a lot of exposition, but I personally don't mind a lot of exposition as long as the matter at hand is interesting enough. I feel like such big plot twists needed more time to breathe though. It's like we get a big reveal, and then a few episodes later the show has ended. It was just a LITTLE slow up until episode 8, where most of it was just set up and stuff as they hop from planet to planet. Now if we were going to stay at 12 episodes, I'd have trimmed some of that time down. If this were longer than 12 episodes, keep them, they're fine, not as interesting and nearly made me drop the show, but at least there'd be more time for the good stuff later on. Maybe it followed the manga faithfully, so in that case I can't complain. Whatever the case, while I do like my light-hearted tones, for being 'lost' in space, I'd have preferred a slightly more dark and gritty tone. The characters were just alright too. Nothing special, just there to get the job done.

And yeah not much else to say. It's easy to pick apart, but it never meant to be THAT deep. Ignoring any weaknesses it has, from an purely enjoyment standpoint for me, it was just barely good enough to keep me watching all the way.

5.6/10

If I wrote a review for this, I'd want to give it a "not recommended", but that would be unfair, as I'm sure most who go into this with at least a little bit of interest will come out more or less satisfied. I'd slap a "mixed feelings" on this and call it a day.
BetaMaleUltraJul 19, 2023 1:42 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 23, 2023 12:26 PM
Sep 2022
It is a great ending of the series. My only regret is that it lacks a bit of romance.
Aug 12, 2023 5:15 PM
Aug 2023
you need to se this anime its a masterpiece
Aug 27, 2023 6:34 AM
Mar 2018
doidera, muitos plot twist e vibe among us na epoca da pandemia
Sep 17, 2023 8:39 PM
Apr 2020
Huge praises towards its studio, named Lerche and its animators. They made this anime with so much love. They habe 2 48min episodes and even cut ending 1, 2, 8, 9, 10 to have enough episode length to not rush or cut things. My friend critized them not including all parent reactions (He gives the show a 9.5 insead of 10 bc of that). However, they already added one scene of Ulgar's father, which was not included in the Manga.

This anime had many plot twists and is well-written. Many times I thought they could have done this or that, but all of those thoughts of mine were covered with direct mentioning by the characters. I realized this by speeding through the anime a second time as it is a foreshadow heavy anime.
Nov 10, 2023 4:28 PM

Jan 2019
All the fake history and government conspiracy was super convoluted, but putting that aside...

I'm really glad it's a 48 minute finale episode, I've seen far too many anime cram a climax and ending into 24 minutes. Hell, plenty of anime don't even have proper endings, I'm not used to getting closure like this.

The way the music swells as they take off... damn, this is really one of those endings that bumps the whole show up a point in score for me.

Nov 30, 2023 1:13 AM

Nov 2023
This was really fun to watch honestly. So the Earth was that frozen planet they all got teleported to huh? Damn
Feb 5, 4:36 PM
Sep 2022
One of the most undeservedly underrated title of all time. It was full of intense, intrigue and many really interesting plot-twists and dialogues. I got insanely high while watching it. It deserves MUCH more attention. Definitely 9.5/10 (I took off 0.5 points purely because of a couple of plot gaps, but that didn't ruin the experience in almost any way)
MineFord_gurmeFeb 5, 4:49 PM
Feb 25, 9:29 AM
Jan 2023
Underrated anime
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Sep 2011
Hate it. Hate this feeling that it's over. I LOVED the anime. I held off on watching the last episode cause I felt that someone was gonna get shot or something. But the wholesome ending was just beautiful. 10/10 for me. Gonna add to the collection to rewatch soon.

I wish we had ONE more episode to show even more of how all the characters are at that 7 year mark. Not to say that they didn't show enough, I think they did a great job but I'm just selfish and wanna see more.

So happy that Charce went with them. Would've loved to see Ulgar on that trip too since he could do his journalist stuff and document the trip but hey, I'm fine with how they showed it too. So glad to see the marriages going down too. Couldn't be happier for all of them. Also seeing Luca more grown was awesome, looks awesome and nice to see him and Ulgar still close.

Feel a bit sad that it's over but a rewatch will help with that. Time to find another series and keep the train running.
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
May 3, 12:51 PM
Apr 2020
AWADsawWFW w w wwwww
May 15, 8:40 AM

May 2012
Surprisingly enjoyable series. First half was kind of "eh," there was just way too much "Oh, bad thing conveniently happens! Oh, but this character can conveniently solve the problem!" The biggest one that made me groan was on Vilavurs: Oh, Funi ran away and went on top of the bouncy tree which just so happened to extend really high up which just so happened to put her at risk with the bird creature, but oh good, Kanata just so happens to be a decathlon athlete so he can save her by jumping on conveniently spaced trees and using the conveniently left behind spear to javelin throw at the bird which conveniently nails the bird and then they get saved by Quitterie's conveniently activated parachute plants!

But thankfully the second half of the anime got A LOT more interesting once they finally decided to fully explore the relationships of everyone and focus more on the truth of the world. Although sometimes they really pushed it jumping to conclusions sometimes, like them figuring out the calendar got pushed back 100 years to remove and redo history. Like, that was a real stretch and they quickly accepted it as fact (maybe the manga delved on it more and this was just an anime problem, I don't know).

All that being said, I did really enjoy it. A lot of the plot twists were really well done, and the series wrapped everything up pretty dang nicely. I'm happy and content with it. A very solid 8/10 from me.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

237 by Karva1 »»
Apr 29, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

352 by Karva1 »»
Apr 29, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.