Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jan 12, 2021 11:52 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, that scene with her just staring at Emma was creepy.
A new enemy, shit. Mama is onto to them trying to find out the nuisance.
--AbiSa--
Jan 28, 2021 4:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, they found out the scheme behind that meat child shipment. What a big brain, Norman, very clever. Thats the reason i bet very high stake for them to be able to escape. Well, even though its had to be the reason why they were still alived. Still, i am very bad with what they've been discovere. Look at Emma, and even Norman, when they encountered Mama. Such a big trauma. However they managed to survive those hard feeling, and then realize they got another big brain reinforcement after that. Its called Ray.

No need a heavy explanations. He even realized the situations far before those previous shit happened. I wonder if he had those experience based on his past? Or like, he found out the information beforehand and never told them the truth? Well, if its true then, its a fucked up. Moreover, they got another problem by those expected arrival. That huge mama, and more weak infant. Damn! Even though i just easily putting a bet toward a pure Norman (and his rusty minds toward that genki-tomboy Emma), but still, its a difficult-suicidal mission....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 17, 2021 9:20 AM

Aug 2020
I have a feeling the new adult might actually not be evil and will end up helping the protags idk idk
Mar 18, 2021 2:46 AM

Jan 2021
A new sister has moved in to the house. How are they gonna manage to escape while being watched by two adults now?
MAL:
Mar 27, 2021 2:09 PM

Apr 2020
That scene with Mama and Emma was chilling. I loved how Ray believed them immediately and didn't doubt them.
Aug 11, 2021 3:26 AM

Aug 2018
Damn Emma is almost losing control of herself, quite a few interesting things are happening it seems, the trio of them seem to be a perfect balance of intelligence, bravery and cleverness.

So far I'm liking where this is going
Oct 22, 2021 6:55 AM

Jun 2016
Emma and Norman are joined in their quest to rescue everyone from the farm by Ray. It seems that Isabella is on to them tho, maybe, considering a new adult has shown up randomly.

I can agree, children brains are delicious to eat. Nice and juicy, yum, yum.

So far an intense show. Can't help but feel the smiles, and some of the faces are unintentionally funny, like Isabella's face as she stares into Emma's eyes. I couldn't help but chuckle.

My biggest pet peeve for this ep was the editing choice of putting a character over an existing layer of said character, for example, at the bottom of the stairs after the Isabella confrontation. It was an odd choice.

Nov 4, 2021 5:38 AM

Jun 2020
Damn don't break your composure now Emma like that's rule number one how to not blow your cover, I can't blame you if you thought Emma was a boy honestly looking at her first I thought she was

With more planning and discussing how scary this place actually is it's just so eerie and dreadful to be in this shit hole, That interrogation from Mama is just frightening even looking head to head I mean who wouldn't get scared from her face that evil face

Now Ray's in this boat with the three I hope they'll find a way to escape and survive unless yeah there's some reinforcements from Mama's side and a big one holy shit how would you even escape from her.

Jun 3, 2022 1:02 PM
Mar 2022
I really like how they showed the effects of what happened,and
how Emma and Norman handle it differently. I also enjoy how they take the
information from last episode and set up more mystery.

The atmosphere and OST still hits hard. I also enjoy how to stakes were set
up. So far, the animation has been holding up. I also like how they don't
use any music during their discovery of the wall. By the way, I love the voice
acting for Isabella, (I'm watching the dub btw,) and I love how she has that
motherly and calm voice, but there's something intimidating about her, like where
she confronts Emma, and btw, I loved the way the camera panned in between the characters.

Everything from the music to the shots creates a lot of tension, especially with what
Emma said, and Isabella's reaction. I like how they cut the music for when the tension
really got going.

The animation can be a little stiff at times, but I think the camera pans make up
for it.

Also, I love the dynamics for our trio, with Emma's enthusiasm and determination, Ray's
realism, and Norman being what balances them both out. Also, love the music for
Ray and Norman's chat.

Oh, and this is when we meet Sister Korone, I really like that twist, and how it's
still surprising even though it's the kind of thing you'd think would be obvious the more
you think about it.

Also, looking through the people surprised Emma was a girl, glad I wasn't the only one who thought she was a boy 😂
Oct 16, 2022 7:37 AM
Sep 2022
the tone in the scene where they're debating about whether to save everyone was weird
Jan 19, 2023 5:13 PM
May 2020
I really like how E01 improved upon the manga's beginning, but I'm not too sure about this one - its Big Important Conversation feels rushed and a bit forced
Jun 19, 2023 11:56 AM
Jun 2023
our first look at how much norman admires Emma, and what he is going to do to make her happy and to support her in any way he could. very good episode.
Aug 17, 2023 2:25 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jan 1, 12:31 PM

Dec 2022
What a strange artstyle. Many of the characters seem to have compacted, squashed faces with eyes and mouths that are too close to the centre of their head — not all of them, but some of them.

Also, it would be better to formulate their escape plan to begin with instead of dismissing the prospect of everyone at the human farm escaping in advance. How would they know that the other children have no chance of surviving if there's no sign that their numbers would reduce the effectiveness of their nonexistent plan?

Shaded Horizon

Jan 4, 8:41 PM

Jul 2016
The fact that Ray got more flustered over Emma's stubborness than the fact that they're livestock is hilarious
Jan 8, 3:00 AM
Jan 2024
I really love the plot.
May 14, 10:37 AM

Dec 2017
As a newcomer to the series, my first impression is very positive! I am enjoying the progression and few details that viewers are exposed to to keep the suspense and interest in the mysteries alive. The only piece of constructive criticism that I could offer the anime would be to employ more examples of showing and not telling. This would deepen the immersive interest of audiences trying to figure out what is going on in this world. However, I'd like to continue watching more before drawing any sound opinions. Very unique and enjoyable series so far!
Jun 8, 11:33 AM
Mar 2022
My problem with this episode is the exposition used to make us understand the worldbuilding. Why you may ask? Well, because the main rule of cinema is: show, not tell. Whereas here there is a lot of telling, a lot of explaining and a lot of talking, instead of showing... I get that these kids are very smart, but I feel like they figure things out too fast... and it also gets away from the mystery and horror of it all. It could be better. Maybe it's also my taste that plays a role, because I prefer stories that are a bit more subtle and leave a lot of things to the interpretation of the audience. We shall see the rest.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

moodie - Dec 2, 2018

599 by MrList »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

247 by LordPotatoII »»
Jun 8, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

568 by sbrxx_99 »»
Jun 6, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2019

219 by masons_anime78 »»
May 23, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

252 by masons_anime78 »»
May 23, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.