Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Apr 30, 2017 1:27 PM

Jun 2015
Soli18 said:
Jotakak said:
Lol why would people think this is a harem

I mean, the two main female characters seem gay for each other.

Idk if you're serious but that clearly was for comedy purpose.

amc9988 said:

Meh, they are not gay to each other, that was clearly for fanservice purpose. It's normal in anime for girls to be touchy with each other. Also they were shown to be best friends and close loke sisters, so if an unknown annoying guy suddenly act close of course she didnt like it

That moment had pretty much no context, though. I mean, venting your anger through borderline molestation is about as absurd as they come.

As for this episode in general...

The setting is nothing special or unique. The exposition failed to grasp me with how it works, since my impression is only that it'll be just as arbitrary and shallow as most other magic-related fantasy settings. Blondie healing the old guy doesn't bring me any closer to the concept. It's fucking magic. Thankfully the bastard teacher is a selling point, so I think I'll continue to see what this has to offer.

And I gotta say that fight at the end got quite a few laughs out of me. So that's a positive.
AltoRoarkApr 30, 2017 1:31 PM
May 2, 2017 8:09 PM
May 2017
The first episode was hysterically and effortlessly funny.

Glenn reminds me of Salvador Dali. He's so narcissistic in a likeable way. If you pretend to be cool all the time you will actually look cool in the end lol.
May 3, 2017 3:54 AM

Jun 2016
bastek66 said:
joe_g7 said:
What's up with those kinky school outfits? Lol

It's explained in LN that female bodies absorb mana better than men and that's why they need to show more skin.

Oh come on, that's such a cheap excuse to have skimpy uniforms.

I wasn't too impressed with this first episode. Nothing really stood out, except for the duel scene, that shit was funny.

I also thought the "I don't give a damn" MC was entertaining.

I'll watch a couple more episodes, but I don't have high hopes for this one.
May 3, 2017 5:32 AM
Aug 2015
bastek66 said:
joe_g7 said:
What's up with those kinky school outfits? Lol

It's explained in LN that female bodies absorb mana better than men and that's why they need to show more skin.

Come on. Who are they fooling? :P

Seriously though, it's not the most outrageous fanservice outfit I've seen. If the midriff is covered, I'd say the uniform looks pretty normal.

May 9, 2017 6:59 AM

May 2016
i'm pretty late, but i just watched the first episode last night!!!
honestly!!!!!
i wasn't a huge fan.
i feel like the comedy was somewhat forced at certain points and a bit corny.
i did like the part where he walked in on the girls changing, though, that was funny, LOL.
his reaction was totally unexpected and i liked that.
the art is nice in my opinion.
honestly, i'm mostly watching it right now for glenn, & sistine just annoys me.
i'll continue watching, though! maybe it'll grow on me.

ようこそ!
call me sofi.
i love bnha & haikyuu!! & bl.
dattebayo
May 14, 2017 8:35 AM

Dec 2010
Beautiful end card <3
May 31, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2016
This wasn't a good start, the only positive thing I could notice was the rather unique personality of the teacher, but I doubt that he will turn out as charismatic as someone like Onizuka.The changing room scene was funny though, cause I didn't expect him to react that way.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 7, 2017 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
anime the only place where a teacher can walk in on girls changing n not lose his job n/or jail
Jun 13, 2017 2:29 PM

Feb 2015
I was fucking amazed while i watched this first episodes. Its premise seems beyond clitche, characters look like typical LN cast of students.

But guess what nothing made me cringe for whole duration, on contrary i find both 2 main girls so far and Mc teacher interesting.

Sisti while on first glance seem like typical tsundere with touch of ojou sama, but her remarks of Glen from the moment he practically bumped into 2 of them like madman at school to the moment that she realized he really is not only uncapable of being teacher but also that he geniuly doesnt give a fuck about job.

She seems like type that strictly follows rules whole life. But also she ends up as funny too with her insults that dont contain that typical forced rage tsunderes usually have.

Her friend Rumia is sooo cute acts like real friend while not straying into the creepy are.

And art of series in general is nice not overcollorfull not too dull,shadows are great.

Glen teacher is something else seems like that Blond (gorgeous teacher) chick knows him very well, and he quickly accepted the job with her really powerfull motivation attack.

Going like that and just repeating self education sign for every class his students attend is beyond funny, he even fails at writing styles but he doesnt care is truly confident with that mask i am sure it is mask.

Also he seems too be the authors hand with that changing room scene he basically pissed all over usual mc enters the room sees bunch of or single girl in pantsu then screams like faggot while being striked 5 meters away by same girl. No he just basically went I WILL Memorize EVERYTHING I SAW IN THIS SCENE it is only natural to do so BUUHAHAH.

My idol of sorts (although i would still feel ambaraced bit repeated that scene 5 times.

Duel i didnt except him too lose every round, it would be funny if students teached him something instead . 1 thing that is interesting about magic in this anime, is that there is no classes it seems no restictions on what someone can use. That peeks my interest also still i have too see if there is Mana system of sorts.

This anime comes out as real honest and natural in lines and characters interecation felt real. Great start.
ExowaveJun 13, 2017 2:58 PM
Jun 21, 2017 5:22 AM

Jan 2014
I thought he was gonna beat Sistine in single hit.
Jul 5, 2017 3:43 PM

May 2015

Dude WTF!? You got pwned! Lol!
Aug 4, 2017 7:49 AM

Dec 2016
Seems pretty generic, and considering none of the classmates got names other than the main two girls I can see this show for exactly what it is going to become. The only somewhat saving grace of this episode was Glenn giving his speech about why he shouldn't have to look away from the girls getting changed, that was actually pretty funny XD
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 6, 2017 12:44 PM

May 2012
Hue that ending lol wut I expected something totally different! Pretty hilarious, let's see what this anime has to offer!
Aug 7, 2017 9:09 AM

Mar 2016
nice start imo ...i love mcs like this<3 the other characters are a bit of a dicks though well what do you expect the mcs a lazy bum lol
well im sure alot of you expect a op mc(well atleast i did)...well i think ples dont hurt me
this is the type of anime im looking for after watching Gantz, that shit was weak and wack lol..
its refreshing to watch a "basic/typical"animuu...
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Sep 11, 2017 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
Haha that was great!
Nov 4, 2017 12:34 PM

Sep 2012
that teacher is hilarious XD
Dec 25, 2017 3:43 PM

Jan 2014
I really hope the MC is hiding something and is really not this downright pathetic otherwise I'm dropping this in the next 2-3 episodes. other than that the episode is meh
Jan 23, 2018 1:11 PM
Jan 2017
I pesonally didnt like this episode and I went up to episode 3 I still dont think it's gotten much better, ^^;
Jan 25, 2018 9:45 PM

Jul 2013
Started watching this because Stark gave it a 3 (which usually means a series is probably pretty good).

Seriously, if you aren't some kind of ecchi hater, go take a look at his list. There's a lot of pretty good anime on there rated 3. I might start watching all the anime he hates.

I'm loving the teacher in this. I don't really see what is cliche or generic about this other than the magic academy setting.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Jun 13, 2019 12:33 AM

Sep 2012
that sensei is just 😂😂😂

in changing room and diner burble haired girl had amused face like with him here thing will get entertaining kind of grin
Sugram22May 24, 2022 1:13 PM
Dec 26, 2019 4:17 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The sensei is really funny lol and the two main girls are cute, it's a good start
Jan 31, 2020 8:43 AM
Jan 2020
AmeiAkashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor
Nov 23, 2020 1:04 AM
Nov 2020
Did episode 1-3 dont have opening song and ending song?
Nov 30, 2020 6:15 AM
Nov 2020
Gwe suka banget sama anime yang 1 ini
Mar 20, 2021 12:08 AM

Apr 2009
I think he didn't take that magical duel seriously enough, besides he doesn't want this substitute teacher job anyway, he was coerced/threatened into it, heck he was begging to be fired so soon! LOL

Well that was an interesting start and entertaining to say the least, as one of the bespectacled male student had observed.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 17, 2021 7:33 AM
Jun 2021
very good the anime even though it seems cliché and too good i want a season 2 i loved this serious anime
Jul 9, 2021 6:50 AM

Jun 2020
The introduction was quick and made the MC look dumb as hell with that accident, And really this must be fate that they met the professor beforehand

The comedy is sometimes random and it hits you good already having a look at the girls changing outfits an early fan service don't mind if I do

Glenn is such a weirdo even so he's being an example for the students and he doesn't take his job seriously well he was forced so I can't blame him for that, And a little duel at the end I thought he was going to awaken something right there but I guess I'm wrong.
Aug 27, 2021 9:23 PM

Mar 2014
I thought this was going to be a typical power fantasy series but it's a "concerned mother forces her lazy good-for-nothing son to do something in life" series lmao
May 24, 2022 1:16 PM

Sep 2012
no idea how many times i have seen it hes still hilarious
Aug 2, 2022 5:19 AM
Aug 2022
Eu vou assistir ainda
Sep 10, 2022 5:15 AM
Sep 2021
Nice, we are introduced to the main characters and Glenn is an interesting character indeed.

I give this episode 5/10.
Sep 11, 2022 8:43 AM
Sep 2022
OTIMO EXPLENDIDO
Sep 6, 2023 6:24 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
These school uniforms are S tier bruh oml

MC sorta sucks lol
Sep 25, 2023 2:34 AM

Apr 2013
So it was an alright first episode. So far the dude has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, so I'm not quite sure what his deal is. He should be capable in something.
Dec 27, 2023 1:11 AM
Dec 2023
Magic in this anime it's good. I hope this anime get season 2 but that impossible.
Mar 20, 8:31 AM

Sep 2008
Reply to aoo-kun
These school uniforms are S tier bruh oml

MC sorta sucks lol
@aod-kun

*sees series for first time*

Dumbfounded with the fashion choice as the attire would be considered immodest as it looks like this show is set in some sort of Victorian era place. But considering this is a harem series, guess the attire's more there for fan service.
May 21, 7:53 PM
Jun 2023
heassssssssssssssss
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

135 by amf85 »»
Apr 22, 12:37 PM

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

258 by nima_bio »»
Jan 30, 3:52 PM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2017

192 by SlightlyThicc »»
Jan 27, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.