Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 14, 2016 10:43 PM

Jul 2012
Hongu said:
Volarer said:

Lol it'd be faster if I just summed up what this show has in common with generic battle harems. And that is literally nothing. Just keep watching. This is not a harem. It's not a shounen either. This is nothing but the most glorious piece of philosophy ever created by a human being.
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.

Having read the vn, the vn isn't a generic harem or battle shounen (outside of Chihaya's route). But it sure as fuck isn't "the most glorious piece of philosophy every created by a human". Far from it. The visual novel was very average (and one of Key's weaker ones by far) and with how rushed things have been so far, this anime will likely be very bad like it has been so far. Nonetheless I'll keep watching just for laughs.

On another note, can't believe they added a fucking fart joke to the show.
Jul 15, 2016 7:32 PM

Oct 2008
Kotarou sounded like Whis on scene 18:00 - 18:06 LOLZ!
4/5.

Jul 15, 2016 7:54 PM

Dec 2012
matias067 said:
Kotarou sounded like Whis on scene 18:00 - 18:06 LOLZ!
4/5.
lol I didn't notice it until you said it xD. Now I can hear Whis xD.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jul 15, 2016 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
Joshua1207 said:
Hongu said:
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.

Having read the vn, the vn isn't a generic harem or battle shounen (outside of Chihaya's route). But it sure as fuck isn't "the most glorious piece of philosophy every created by a human". Far from it. The visual novel was very average (and one of Key's weaker ones by far) and with how rushed things have been so far, this anime will likely be very bad like it has been so far. Nonetheless I'll keep watching just for laughs.

i actually thought the fart joke was actually funny. Haven't laughed at a fart joke in like 6 years.
Jul 15, 2016 8:55 PM

Sep 2011
TheLittleRedHero said:
Joshua1207 said:

i actually thought the fart joke was actually funny. Haven't laughed at a fart joke in like 6 years.

Well, it's opinions I might say. Some found it hilarious, some found it corny.

To me, I was like "lolwtf". Like, it's funny because that's totally unexpected.

Jul 15, 2016 11:24 PM

Mar 2016
JanusVonMaria said:
It's Shizuru not Shizune and the name Kagari could be a spoiler, cuz her name has yet to be mentioned.

While that might be true, her name was all over in the PVs. Dunno if they count.
Jul 16, 2016 11:36 AM

Jul 2012
Good lord this is getting ridiculous. You've got it all in this thread:
- Diehard VN fans praising the VN to high heavens and accepting the anime
- Diehard VN fans praising the VN and shitting on the anime
- Anime only viewers accepting the adaptation
- Anime only viewers that are clearly in here to shit on the adaptation
- Animation critics

Lets get this out of the way shall we? I'm a diehard VN fan praising the VN to high heavens and accepting the anime for what it is so far: a tribute to VN readers. Now take what I say with the necessary grain of salt like every other Anime only viewer here should.

It is NOT a great anime because its kept the common route presentations of these scenes, but heavily condensed and with no time to let them sit.
It's a decent adaptation as far as conveying favorite scenes from the VN because what VN reader didn't get all giddy when Akane did her "youkoso gypsy" shtick last episode?
It's a terrible adaptation when you consider anime as a medium for conveying a story.
Its got the VN tracks playing exactly when they were played in the novel, but because an anime can convey a scene more quickly in visual form than through text, these tracks are cut short. While the soundtracks were great in the VN, they're out of place for anime only viewers who don't already appreciate the tracks especially given how quickly scenes are transitioning.

To those VN readers that are posting things along the likes of "I can assure you it'll get better":
Please stop saying this and don't ever say it again. The VN readers lost any chance of being able to claim that when it was revealed that this would be a 6th unwritten route not in the original VN. I have an idea on where they're going with this for the next 2 maybe 3 episodes but after that, I haven't got a clue.
Ukyo9 said:
BlackAkemi said:
do you think I'll be able to enjoy the VN a lot more
Do you like stories with a basic dating-sim structure (aka, every girls gets a route, spend lots of time with that girl in order to unlock it!)that have a LOT of slice of life? Do you enjoy very shounen-esque stories? Can you stand the fact that half of the novel is just following around the daily high school lives of a bunch of teenagers with no plot progression whatsoever (common route), followed by a 180° tone shift in the girl's routes?
And then there's this guy. Ukyo9, you had me up until this paragraph, or rather up until that last line. It's a slice of life portion of the novel. I'll never understand why people complain about "a lack of plot progression" in slice of life anime. Slice of life is supposed to be mundane everyday occurrences that are believable and or something that people can relate to. That said, "180 degree tone shift" is complete crap. There were hints throughout the common route that lead up to the tone shift. Maybe you didn't explore every Mappie segment like I did, but there were still plenty of hints that were forced viewing that lead to that specific "Saturday" I know and love.

Other than that, your analysis of Rewrites flaws were acceptable even if I didn't agree with them. The only pacing issue in the visual novel was the length of the common route and that largely depends on the reader. I didn't see an issue with the common route, but thats because I enjoyed spending that long getting to know everyone. Other people are probably like, "yeah yeah I get it this is the girl's shtick, can I get to the meaty bits now?"
Hongu said:
I swear you people say this crap every single time. It's like you're all broken records.

"It's not generic! I-It gets better! It's so deep, I swear! It's not a harem! You don't get it!"
Give me a freaking break.
If people are going to continue asking whats so good about the series, people are going to continue saying the same thing. Obviously take things with a grain of salt, but you're being a little unfair here with that jab.
Jul 17, 2016 5:09 AM

Aug 2008
jaxter0987 said:
That said, "180 degree tone shift" is complete crap.

I'd be glad if you didn't reduce me to "that guy", I'm not belittling anyone here and I'd appreciate if others could avoid doing that with regards to me as well.

It's irrelevant if there were hints or not. I told him that there's a 180 degree tone shift, which is exactly what happens. The reason behind my message was to tell him how the novel is structured and there are no falsehoods in it. You have misread my tone.

But, on a completely unrelated note, since you mentioned it...

As for those hints, I think I have already discussed plenty that Rewrite does foreshadowing very poorly. It drops a random line, usually out of context and tries to hide it in the middle of the cacophonic kind of humor that fills the entirety of the common route. Rewrite is obnoxious, filler-heavy and besides maybe (and I say maybe) Kotori, doesn't even attempt to make the cast evolve outside of their own specific routes (Lucia and Prez being probably the worst offenders). I can understand that the common route is there to enhance the stories that follow but I would dare saying you could remove almost all of it (especially all the "Onna no teki! Tennouji Kotarou!" and the saury jokes) and we'd lose nothing. The characters are blank slates with absolutely nothing going on for them in the common and the anime has to leave it as soon as possible because the character's shticks are old already.

I am not saying this as an hater. Nor as a "Oh god the anime ruined everything" kind of guy. I'm saying this as someone that honestly enjoyed the novel and re-read it two times (yes, even the Mappie tidpits you imply I haven't read) but that can recognize that from a narrative point of view the novel is little more than average and more like a mess of discordant tones and styles. It's good fun, but nothing more. The Anime could've capitalized on the strengths of it, but instead presents us with a badly paced, poorly pieced together compilation of short almost unconnected scenes (I can't believe they really spent half the third episode doing nothing) and it's absolutely indefendible.
Jul 17, 2016 7:12 AM

Apr 2015
This is absurd.

Key school comedy scenes are a load of bull as usual, but the sheer absurdity somehow makes this interesting
Jul 17, 2016 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
Ukyo9 said:
jaxter0987 said:
That said, "180 degree tone shift" is complete crap.
I'd be glad if you didn't reduce me to "that guy", I'm not belittling anyone here and I'd appreciate if others could avoid doing that with regards to me as well.
I want to say you're taking that line the wrong way, but I can see how it came off sounding like that. I had just talked about how VN readers that are excessively praising it / defending it. And then I brought your quote into the mix, a VN reader that isn't doing what I told other VN readers to stop doing. A different kind of guy. One that didn't fall under any of the 5 categories I proposed at the start. You don't like the anime, but you're not just blindly shitting on it either.

Ukyo9 said:
I am not saying this as an hater. Nor as a "Oh god the anime ruined everything" kind of guy. I'm saying this as someone that honestly enjoyed the novel and re-read it two times (yes, even the Mappie tidpits you imply I haven't read) but that can recognize that from a narrative point of view the novel is little more than average and more like a mess of discordant tones and styles. It's good fun, but nothing more. The Anime could've capitalized on the strengths of it, but instead presents us with a badly paced, poorly pieced together compilation of short almost unconnected scenes (I can't believe they really spent half the third episode doing nothing) and it's absolutely indefendible.
Another case where I'm not getting my point across. That Mappie comment wasn't an underhanded attempt at implying you didn't read. It was genuine "Maybe he skipped a bunch of segments. There WERE a bunch of Mappie stuff that weren't needed to progress. And its not like everyone would explore every inch of the Mappie segments." kind of supposition, but I wasn't exactly in the happiest mood when I posted that comment.

I still don't agree that calling it a 180 degree tone shift is how it should be summarized but we'll have to agree to disagree at this point.
Jul 17, 2016 12:33 PM

Aug 2008
jaxter0987 said:
Ukyo9 said:
I want to say you're taking that line the wrong way, but I can see how it came off sounding like that. I had just talked about how VN readers that are excessively praising it / defending it. And then I brought your quote into the mix, a VN reader that isn't doing what I told other VN readers to stop doing. A different kind of guy. One that didn't fall under any of the 5 categories I proposed at the start. You don't like the anime, but you're not just blindly shitting on it either.

Ukyo9 said:
Another case where I'm not getting my point across. That Mappie comment wasn't an underhanded attempt at implying you didn't read. It was genuine "Maybe he skipped a bunch of segments. There WERE a bunch of Mappie stuff that weren't needed to progress. And its not like everyone would explore every inch of the Mappie segments." kind of supposition, but I wasn't exactly in the happiest mood when I posted that comment.

I still don't agree that calling it a 180 degree tone shift is how it should be summarized but we'll have to agree to disagree at this point.

That is ok, I am sorry for being so mistaken in interpreting your comment, jaxter. I suppose I wasn't in the happiest of moods as well.
Jul 18, 2016 8:06 AM

Nov 2015
Don't know if I like this harem-building.
The comedy was alright and the characters are adorable yet.
I just hope this won't end as a harem.

3/5
Jul 21, 2016 7:42 AM

Jun 2013
that's an alienware pc and she was playing FPS lol. The Op and ED are meh
Jul 22, 2016 4:06 AM

May 2010
I am finding this pretty good so far. Like I can feel 8bit put effort into it. The girls are all interesting and the animation is solid.
Jul 27, 2016 2:15 PM

Nov 2015
This was a funny episode, the parfait part is the funniest lmao. OP is good also

Jul 30, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2009
A fart will always keep a ghost away LOL
Aug 5, 2016 6:41 PM

Aug 2013
Fart joke was so funny and unexpected I was on the floor laughing. Poor Kagari LOL.

ED song and visuals are beautiful.

As a VN reader, not as much to complain about as I was expecting. Obviously they are skipping a lot of content but what they have adapted so far has been mostly on point. I did have zero expectations when I came into this though. I knew it wouldn't be a Clannad-tier adaptation ever since it was announced 8-bit and I saw the trailer.
Aug 11, 2016 2:15 PM

Oct 2012
Well, it was better than first episode but I still felt like they lacked any real reasons to join the club and that their motivations and background were barely touched. Wasn't fan of bad farting or breast groping jokes.

And it was rushed as hell. Like really, things were just happening without proper explanation.

In the end this episode just made me want to play the game to get know all those details rather than make me want to watch further episodes.
Together with first episode, it only felt as intro, promotion to the game rather than start of the story.
Aug 19, 2016 9:59 AM

Apr 2014
Says hes saving money, yet he buys a parfait. And how can you not feel the salty, spicy and hot sauce in your parfait, hello?
Sep 4, 2016 8:53 AM

Aug 2013
I've hunted around for a little while and have had no luck. Does anyone know what song that is when Akane is introduced? Right off the start of the episode.
Sep 4, 2016 10:58 AM

Mar 2016
SayaTokido said:
I've hunted around for a little while and have had no luck. Does anyone know what song that is when Akane is introduced? Right off the start of the episode.

Should be "Border of Illusion"
Sep 4, 2016 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
TiduLimar said:
SayaTokido said:

Should be "Border of Illusion"
Thank you so much~!
Sep 27, 2016 3:00 PM

Jan 2016

The harem has began!! lol, as Kotarou is getting surrounded by lolicons in quick silver speed!
freaking awesome Southpaw by Lucia xD

Fantastic second episode! also im very curious about the "ghost " or wha ever she is? or who she is?
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 3, 2016 4:03 PM

May 2012
I laughed way too hard at that fart scene xD

Nice development I must say! I sure like where this is going :3 Also loving that ED!
Apr 7, 2017 9:44 PM

Sep 2015
Lol farting keeps the ghosts away
Apr 20, 2017 8:53 AM

Jul 2014
lol all the girls are indirectly agreeing to help Kotarou, even though the end result is him getting to Akane's boobs.
Jun 14, 2017 6:18 AM

Mar 2015
Am so curious to find out how the dream fantasy world will fit in!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 29, 2020 10:15 PM

Feb 2018
Rip Tennouji Koutarou, lol
Aug 20, 2021 8:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Already so many girls are joining, that's a lot xD
May 25, 4:12 AM
Jun 2020
The OP so good and i love Senri
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

167 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.