Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 2, 2015 9:32 PM

Jan 2013
The famous Hide and Kaneki scene off Tumblr YASS (tumblr spoilers everywhere)
Aug 11, 2015 12:00 PM

Sep 2013
Ah so the mummy girl, green haired author and the one eyed owl is the same person. Not that I didnt see that coming. It was already heavily hinted.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 11, 2015 12:02 PM

Sep 2013
iWin4Prep said:
Overall good episode.. one major complaint from an anime-only fan, who the hell is arima and why the hell do I care about him now? It's episode 10/11 and he is just being introduced to fight the strongest ghoul? I just don't care one bit about him. From the comments here it seems like he is pretty awesome, he must be awesome in the manga because in the anime I didn't even know who this guy is until he's 5 feet away from the one-eyed owl.

On a brighter side Kaneki vs. amon was enjoyable, and now seeing Kaneki with Hide at the shop is interesting.

But srsly...
You werent just paying attention. He was shown in the flashback and fought the one eyed owl.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 23, 2015 3:52 PM

Oct 2013
Excellent episode; I got chills during Kaneki and Amon's fight and Arima got his moment of badassery as well. Can't remember the manga events so well but I don't think anything necessarily important was skipped, and the action is 50x better than it was in the manga.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 28, 2015 12:20 PM

Jun 2015
Pfffffff, awesome.
Sep 1, 2015 6:59 AM

Jan 2013
Arima made quite an appearance.
Shinohara and Amon supposedly died.

One Eyed Owl plays with Yuuzou and I'm pretty sure it's a female going by the voice.

Hide carries Kaneki to Anteiku and probably confronts him about his Ghoul side next episode.

*Edit - just saw the scene after the ED, seems Eto / Takatsuki was the One Eyed Owl after all, kinda had a suspicion.
PrOxAntoSep 1, 2015 1:25 PM
Dec 23, 2015 6:35 PM

Jul 2013
Who's that adult Kaneki and why does he act like he's so special? Also, looks like we're gonna see a reunion first thing in the next and last episode.
Dec 26, 2015 3:01 AM

Dec 2015
This ending would have been a great premise for a yaoi follow-up. Haha.
Jan 6, 2016 11:00 PM

Dec 2012
Old man was still alive? Well, at least he saw some oppai before he left the world.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 15, 2016 8:39 AM

Jun 2010
The episode was good and sad. Many good men died.
The fight between Kaneki and Amon was great.
Can't say I like the second Owl.

Touka should hurry up and die.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2016 1:17 AM

Sep 2012
Great episode. 1 more episode to go.
Feb 7, 2016 1:18 AM

Jun 2014
Guitarplayer18 said:
Great episode. 1 more episode to go.

congratz mate hope you like it
Mar 26, 2016 4:06 AM

Apr 2009
Hideki and Eto. Nice Episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2016 1:41 AM

Jan 2016
Poor Suzuya!! screaming in pian for the first time.. Seriously crazy epic episode tho
We lost Shinohara after all, but suspected it..
That end tho!! fucking reunion!!!xD that made hype soo bad, too bad i most work so no last episdoe for me during the next 14h
First Kaneki n Hide, Then father Yoshimura and Eto /awwwww
Fuck time for work..
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 17, 2016 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
Oh gosh!!!!! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it that Eto hides something and that it will be some good action with her! So she is the daughter of... (oh gosh, I must finally memorize that name...) well, never mind, the menager of Anteiku? But, as I remember he had a son. So maybe they didn't recognize sex of the child properly xD I was sure that his son is Amon, but... well, now I'm already lost in this xD I hope the next will explain everything :)

And I was soooo worried of Juuzou! He could die! And as we see, he isn't such an heartless psychath.

The best scene:

I love it <3
Nov 15, 2016 12:40 PM

Apr 2016
wow, Eto is the daughter of Yoshimura and the seceond owl, I thought she would play a special role.
Arima is bosslike :).

Looks like only important humans have died and all Ghoule have survived, that makes me a bit angry. Let's see who really died afterwards
Nov 22, 2016 10:00 PM

Mar 2013
Juuuzooou! Q~Q
Poor baby. Honestly, he's always creeped me out a lot (I suppose that is kind of the point of his character) but this was so sad. The only family he's ever had is gone.

And Kaneki, if you killed Amon there I swear to god I will wring your neck. Although Amon was an utter idiot on stubbornly insisting on fighting you anyway. It's like, damn it, there are many far more evil and dangerous ghouls than Kaneki on the field right now, leave him alone and go and deal with them!

Arima's appearance does feel kind of anti-climactic from my anime-only perspective. I didn't feel excited about seeing him.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Dec 5, 2016 1:38 AM

May 2013
oouuwaaoouuu, Eto revealeddddd :O

It was nice to see Juuzou finally have a taste of what it's like to lose someone though >.>
Jun 21, 2017 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
Takizawa gets killed. :O And poor Suzuya. Shinohara got killed as well. This Arima guy is badass. single-handedly taking on the One-eyes Owl.

One-eyed Owl is Yoshimura's daughter Eto who also happens to be Takatsuki Sen. There were some hints but still, what a revelation.

Hide finally meets Keneki.

Sep 24, 2017 6:22 AM

Sep 2012
First time I've felt any tension in this series when maybe-girl-maybe-boy was getting their ass handed to them. And I def thought the giant monster was old coffee dude until it ate him lol. Can't wait for this to be over next episode.

PrimeX said:
Who's that adult Kaneki and why does he act like he's so special? Also, looks like we're gonna see a reunion first thing in the next and last episode.

Okay so I wasn't tripping when I thought this was a totally new character. It makes me wonder why we're expected to be invested in anything he does.
MrLegitimacySep 24, 2017 6:25 AM
Oct 17, 2017 2:38 PM

Jul 2013
Arima is really awesome and I don’t get why he hasn’t been shown more often considering how strong he is.

Stitches was so distraught it seems when he couldn’t defeat the One Eyed Owl after he’d badly injured/nearly killed his friend.

The One Eyed Owl is so powerful, but I thought it was meant to be Yoshimura’s son, because dude looked and sounded like a lady LOL! so ... he had a daughter really? or what? Plus, she ate Yoshimura! D: I did not see that coming and ran off!

The fact Kaneki managed to make it back to Anteiku in that state surprises me and Hide is there!
Feb 11, 2018 3:47 AM

Apr 2013
Damn Arima is just too strong, not even the new owl was a match for him.
So that green-haired girl was both the new owl and the girl in bandages... I knew she was suspicious, didn't expect her to be one of the really big ones though.
Nov 17, 2018 4:17 PM

Oct 2013
Woah, that Owl and that Owl's scream. Arima looks decent, his duel with the Owl was good as well.

Poor Shinohara and Juuzou, though ;__;
May 23, 2019 4:30 PM
Oct 5, 2019 1:32 AM

Aug 2018
Lmao i didnt expect that the green white girl is yoshimoras daughter and shes the another owl lol

Still a great ep, nice!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 23, 2019 5:09 PM
Jun 2009
Arima was being too cool, should have pressed his advantage and taken out the other Owl instead of letting it regenerate and escape. Hundreds of men died to take out precisely 0 Anteiku ghouls (unless you count the dog/ape mooks that never appeared in the show before), this is just further proof that CCG are perfectly justified in their actions.
Dec 5, 2019 6:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A bit much confusing to be honest, anyway only one episode left I wonder how the season will ends
Apr 11, 2020 4:27 PM

Jul 2015
<spoiler>Hold on, did owl just ate him, that's pretty fucked up if you think about it, I'm glad there was that aftercredits scene. I knew it bookgirl was his kid, well pretty obvious if you think about it</spoiler>

Aogiri Tree almost massacred the ccg...that is until arima arrives with his god mode, damn it could you come any later onto the field

Oct 5, 2020 9:59 AM

Aug 2020
That opening scene... T_T I'm so sorry, Juuzou~~~
Apr 7, 2021 7:40 PM

Jan 2016
NGL I knew Tatsuki was Eto the entire time. How is Yoshimura still alive? I wonder what Hide will say to Kaneki next.
Apr 30, 2021 9:00 AM

Jun 2020
Juuzou really did felt grief on his end he really thought that he wouldn't and damn his scream really represents someone losing a relationship

All in all, every scene captured its moments in each of their perspectives even in their fight with Amon and Kaneki The "second" Owl and Arima (finally we get to see him) Juuzou and the owl damn I really liked how each of them was presented in their fight scenes

The "Second" Owl escaped along with Yoshimura and we get to uncover who this second one was and from that point forward I'm really shocked that it was her I'm actually speechless from this point.
Jun 18, 2021 4:58 AM

Jun 2021
big shot of cgg made his move in scene. cgg recovered and build up strength and started battle.so many humans and ghouls were sacrificed. arima demonstrated his strength,power and abilities and fight against one eye bastard.mado vs kaneki comes to conclusion.hide was found out by one of the aogiri member.the author is one eyed bastard the old man calls her daughter eto.NEXT....
Aug 16, 2021 3:37 PM

Jan 2020
That reveal at the end was great. I feel bad for juzo too

Aug 17, 2021 12:00 AM

Jul 2021
Overall a good episode. How could hide escape from that guy tho? Is Amon really dead?
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» This season was amazing, no cap.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 30

35 by _fumetsu »»
Yesterday, 9:40 AM

Poll: » overhated?

FruitPunchBaka - May 22

34 by AriKitaruKatoka »»
May 28, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:47 AM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

38 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.