Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 13, 2023 3:28 PM

Nov 2023
Lmao, Rudeus is questioning his own self
Jan 2, 11:27 AM

Feb 2018
Lmao ''I dont swing that way'' my boy still hasn't who he's talking with. Also.. did they really just bought a slave so can Zanoba can have his figures? đź’€
Feb 20, 3:13 AM

Nov 2018
Reply to Thicc_Ink
what the actual fuck was this episode????? I can't believe they're doing a slave bit with such a lack of self awareness. Seriously, buying a slave child to help a horny otaku make figurines being played off as such a normal thing without a single acknowledgement of how fucked up it is. It's weird and gross.

It also just feels really out of place for the characters, why would Rudy just not care about the literal slavery when he was murdering slave traders in the demi-human village. You're telling me the guy who first hand saw the cruelty of how slaves were taken from their homes is just going to make a casual day out of literally buying a slave??????????????????? And a fucking child at that?????? Same thing with Sylphie, you're telling me the elf has no reaction to going out of their way to buy a nonhuman slave because they're more naturally dexterous? This isn't even the story being "grimdark" or "just part of the time period" because it's treated so flippantly without any actual thought or care put into the way it's being portrayed. Seriously, the medieval salve market has window stalls where people stand perfectly still and expressionless? Sorry that's not how that shit worked, and it's really weird of the show to try and portray SLAVERY as some kind of clean and sterile storefront.

Absolute embarrassment. I guess fool on me for thinking this show had the self respect to actually care for it's characters instead of focusing a huge portion of this arc on a lame otaku bit character in a bland ass anime highschool setting.
@Thicc_Ink I couldn't say it better, and just to emphasize more about Sylphie's side, the fact that she wanted to go there to enjoy a "date" with Rudeus was totally messed up. I wish Ruijerd was there to murder them all and finish the story.
It feels like they did this just to have an excuse to add a new loli to the cast, which is also messed up by it's own.

I tolerated the cringe horny stuff and the unnecessary isekai setting and the idiotic goofy "god", but this episode just surpassed it all to a new idiotic, messed up, and morally wrong level that made me drop this show, despite overly enjoying the story and the world.
Feb 26, 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
I've been enjoying this more than Season 1 for the most part, but I can't help but feel as though Rudy's willingness to resort to buying a slave feels out of character since I felt like Ruijeld's sense of justice relating to child slavery would have rubbed off on him.

It's weird. They framed the slave market itself as being rather grim but the indifference of the characters felt totally jarring.
Take care of yourself

Feb 29, 10:15 AM

Nov 2009
Not a big fan of this one. It is so boring how long it is taking for Rudeus to find out about Fitz. Everyone know is her, and nothing good is happening while he doesn't find out. Just frustrating and annoying. Also, he was waay too comfortable with the slavery stuff.
Mar 1, 8:07 AM

Apr 2013
How does no one notice that Fitz is a girl? I mean... it's so goddamn obvious. Anime logic again.
Mar 13, 1:32 AM
May 2017
I hate it when shows pull the whole "oh this character knows the other one but won't say anything because reasons!!" - just comes off as lazy writing to me - but other than that, this was a good episode.
Mar 19, 1:56 AM

Nov 2023
They went and twisted that cliche on an earlier episode in season 1. But I guess they had to go back and do it again and not change anything.
Apr 17, 7:45 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, well...I was wrong about Elinalise...she's going to stay hahaha I guess she likes a lot of teenagers
A part of Rudeus is already realizing who Fitts is, interesting that Zonoba ended up at this school and one of my questions has already been answered... the OVA is canon (or that's the impression I get)

PS: the OP and ED already show things but I didn't see anything relevant as such so that's great, besides the music is very good
May 4, 9:36 AM

May 2020
Juliette found her miracle. Rudeus pick her kawaii loli dwarf. Seems like Sylphy still don't want to be honest, i still wait for the moment.
Jun 5, 1:29 AM
Apr 2024
It wasn't bad I liked it
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.