Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 5, 2023 4:30 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
(Chronological order - Endless Eight Part 5)

They really put Koizumi in a speedo in this one huh

I love how they showed Haruhi getting up from the table several times at the end there, all while Kyon racks his brain trying to find a way to end this loop. And then we have the ticking clock at the end. It's the little things that they add that really make this watch worth it- in my humblest opinion.

Something obviously is going to happen there at the end when Haruhi walks away in the eighth episode, but the scene I'm more curious to dive into is the one where Kyon seemingly asks Nagato how she is doing out of nowhere, to Kyon's own surprise as well. This whole arc so far has had its eerie undertones, but that scene continues to be most eerie of them all. I wonder if there truly is a reason for Kyon running up to Nagato and asking how she's feeling. Perhaps slowly but surely his deja vu is becoming stronger, and that he has subconsciously known all this time that Nagato has been going through a lot- 15,000+ a lot. 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 16, 2023 7:21 AM
Jun 2022
At least, it was more dramatic.
May 30, 2023 5:10 PM

Dec 2007
rewatch- chronological- ep16

endless eight 5

my kyon's sister theory had been back, she's again reading and enjoying book rather than watching baseball. she's doing it now in the living room, but location had been moved a lot otherwise. . .

nagato looked disappointed than usual. probably because kyon changed his dialogues much less this time? in EE4 he changed much more.

BetaMaleUltra said:
Something obviously is going to happen there at the end when Haruhi walks away in the eighth episode, but the scene I'm more curious to dive into is the one where Kyon seemingly asks Nagato how she is doing out of nowhere, to Kyon's own surprise as well. This whole arc so far has had its eerie undertones, but that scene continues to be most eerie of them all. I wonder if there truly is a reason for Kyon running up to Nagato and asking how she's feeling. Perhaps slowly but surely his deja vu is becoming stronger, and that he has subconsciously known all this time that Nagato has been going through a lot- 15,000+ a lot. 

i think that kyon's subconscious needs to ask nagato what had haruhi said for the first day, since her most important stuff she says is only at the start of the "loop". but since he doesn't actually knows it, he's confused.
(by the time mikuru calls him, it's usually 2 days later, after the festival and the bug hunting. so he never recalls what haruhi's sayin)
rather way, you can see at nagato that she's seems as she wants kyon for asking her.
(since she's observing only, she cannot really tell them, unless they ask her too)

that's actually what i like about the EE arc. it's actually makes you think, rather than "pure watching".
this is where suzumiya haruhi stope being exists as an anime, but being a riddle.
User-NameMay 30, 2023 5:18 PM
Yesterday, 9:52 AM
Jan 2023
it was pretty entertaining
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1539 by onirosama »»
May 19, 10:40 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

536 by Zucned »»
May 7, 2:46 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.