Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2013 8:09 PM

Jul 2013
xMaebaraK1x said:
And I drew the hospital scene a few months before, hoping that they will show it.
http://i.imgur.com/HH5I6je.jpg

oh my god.. im so sorry, truly i am *beautiful drawing btw*
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Dec 21, 2013 8:15 PM

Sep 2012
http://i.imgur.com/ZrKjzDo.jpg
Those board games...
>Reverse
>The Game of Lifetime

Looks like Kyousuke's dream world was planned all along. Keikaku doori~
Dec 21, 2013 8:21 PM

Jun 2013
Huh, seems like a lot of people are a little mad about them going straight to the true end. I was really glad they didn't do the other way and make a reset. I wouldn't want to see a magic reset.

That bus crash though, so hard to watch everyone tumble around.
They made the girls' farewells so much better here imo, a lot more emotional (in a good way of course). I love how the color is only around Rin. Though one thing I never understood was: Did Rin force her way back into the other world to see them one last time or was it a memory type of thing?

Also, yay! They played the ED, I really love the ED song and seeing everyone there.
Dec 21, 2013 8:25 PM

Jul 2012
Can someone tell me what's with all the dislikes for this particular episode? It's not that bad, but it appears that so many people hate it.
Co-owner of Anime Radio Network
Dec 21, 2013 8:29 PM

Dec 2012
I´ve cried again.
I liked the episode, specially the scene of the accident. Very well done.

About the fact of the Normal Ending, that´s supposely "not going to be adapted":

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Dec 21, 2013 8:34 PM

Sep 2011
polarbeararmy said:
Can someone tell me what's with all the dislikes for this particular episode? It's not that bad, but it appears that so many people hate it.

Probably because of "no hospital scene"?

That's what I can think of. If that's not it, then they're just being nit-picky bullshit.

Dec 21, 2013 8:35 PM

Jul 2010
Well, honestly I'm more for the Happy Ending instead of the Tragic Ending, so from the looks of it, it seems that they are going for the first one. (Or at least I hope that, but who knows)

Anyway, the scene where Riki goes to the bus accident alone and sees through the rubble the blood and the bodies of his classmates was pretty intense.

Vladz0r said:
http://i.imgur.com/ZrKjzDo.jpg
Those board games...
>Reverse
>The Game of Lifetime

Looks like Kyousuke's dream world was planned all along. Keikaku doori~

Lol'd

polarbeararmy said:

Maybe because they expected to cry again but it didn't happen, dunno.
Or at least only the anime-viewers.
Dec 21, 2013 8:47 PM

Nov 2009
Tennouji_ said:
polarbeararmy said:

Probably because of "no hospital scene"?

That's what I can think of. If that's not it, then they're just being nit-picky bullshit.

Nope, it's

Hospital scene is just a side dish.
I can understand their feelings about this change.

Akanezora said:
polarbeararmy said:

Maybe because they expected to cry again but it didn't happen, dunno.
Or at least only the anime-viewers.

I can gurantee that those dislikes are from vn players.
MagicFlierDec 21, 2013 8:52 PM
Dec 21, 2013 8:51 PM

Sep 2011
MagicFlier said:

Nope, it's

LOL if we're talking about Clannad/AS,

Dec 21, 2013 8:56 PM

Nov 2009
Tennouji_ said:
MagicFlier said:

Nope, it's

...but you understand what I mean, right? xDDD
They both do have the same meaning.
MagicFlierDec 21, 2013 11:22 PM
Dec 21, 2013 9:05 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode it the bus crush made me shivers what happened. Lol at Kyousuke under the bus with board games. Riki went back to save them but drop due his illness. Rin came to the bus saw the blood and made her scared. The Komari scene was good but little short. For those of you saying Hospital scene is missing. The hospital scene happen after Rin Episode of VN. So theirs 50/50 chance it will appear in the beginning next episode since Rin came back to see Riki near the bus right before Rin Episode. Give this episode 4/5
IshkotenDec 21, 2013 9:10 PM
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Dec 21, 2013 9:12 PM

Aug 2012
greebo said:
I see all the spoilers are out in full force in these comments. Don't know why I bother anymore.
Dec 21, 2013 9:48 PM

Feb 2012
Great episode. Brought a tear to my eye. Kengo and Masato are the best.
Dec 21, 2013 10:34 PM
Mar 2008
The anime is better off without the fakeout hospital scene. It adds nothing to the narrative, merely muddles it more and creates plot holes. You guys are complaining that JC staff fixed a plot hole in the anime. Ridiculous.
Dec 21, 2013 10:42 PM

Mar 2012
This episode wasn't as tearjerking and heavy as the last episode, but still a damn good one. I certainly shed some tears at that rooftop scene with Rin and Komari.
Dec 21, 2013 10:49 PM

Nov 2012
VNretards stop spoiling...
Dec 22, 2013 12:05 AM

Jan 2013
Not as good as I expected it to be, but definitely not bad. Patiently awaiting the final episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2013 12:28 AM

Aug 2013
Kurugayas smile was the highlight of this episode to me. The girls goodbyes weren't all that sad unfortunately. I can't say that JC Staff ruined this climatic episode, but I guess they should've given refrain an extra episode to work with so everything wouldn't seem that rushed. Hospital scene possibly at the start of episode 13 but I'm guessing there will not be a
Dec 22, 2013 12:31 AM

Sep 2013
epic_joelle said:
Kurugayas smile was the highlight of this episode to me. The girls goodbyes weren't all that sad unfortunately. I can't say that JC Staff ruined this climatic episode, but I guess they should've given refrain an extra episode to work with so everything wouldn't seem that rushed. Hospital scene possibly at the start of episode 13 but I'm guessing there will not be a

Meh don't think so anymore I gave up on the

Dec 22, 2013 12:35 AM

Aug 2013
DeathyZA said:
epic_joelle said:

JC Staff should troll our hearts by making an ending like the ending of refrain without the special scene in the VN. Instead of riki avoiding the question It would probably go like:
Rin: riki who do you like?
Riki: kyousuke.
Dec 22, 2013 12:40 AM

Sep 2013
epic_joelle said:
DeathyZA said:
epic_joelle said:

JC Staff should troll our hearts by making an ending like the ending of refrain without the special scene in the VN. Instead of riki avoiding the question It would probably go like:
Rin: riki who do you like?
Riki: kyousuke.

Haha yea, that will surely be a troll ending indeed, RikixKyousuke :P

But anyway I always thought:

Dec 22, 2013 12:41 AM

Jul 2013
Duh Duh Duh

The Bus Driver WAS!

#EDIT

The anime does overly hype Riki X Kyousuke.... they need a new movie for Kurugaya I love her soo much.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Dec 22, 2013 1:07 AM

Sep 2012
Yondy375 said:
Duh Duh Duh

The Bus Driver WAS!

#EDIT

The anime does overly hype Riki X Kyousuke.... they need a new movie for Kurugaya I love her soo much.

No, Mio After pleeeeeeeeeaaaaase.
Dec 22, 2013 1:25 AM

Dec 2012
MagicFlier said:
Tennouji_ said:
MagicFlier said:

Nope, it's

...but you understand what I mean, right? xDDD
They both do have the same meaning.

Dec 22, 2013 5:23 AM

May 2010
So Kud, Haruka, Mio, Kurugaya and Komari also died in that car accident, I hate time loops as much as I love them...

Oh my God, that car accident... Rin showed so much personality this episode, that positive pose... Damn, I love this anime's cast...

10/10 once again, wondering why people did not give a high score to this episode
Dec 22, 2013 5:38 AM
Jul 2018
Well after watching all your comments. Let´s talk about the chapter.
Firstly you are criticizing a whole episode for the end and i have to remember you that there is one episode left. I´m a Visual novel player and in it, after Komari scene, is when Riki wakes up in the hospital. So couldn´t you wait for the last episode?. Neither I do, but we have to wait. After episode 13 ends, you can tell whatever you want, but until so , wait peacefully, it´s not over yet.
Dec 22, 2013 5:39 AM

Jun 2013
I Can't believe how amazing this episode was!!!!! It was done flawelessely in my opinion! :)
Next week is the last episode :(
Dec 22, 2013 5:56 AM

Jun 2008
Lol VN players going into an anime adaptation expecting it to be good.

I've been watching actively anime and playing VNs for10 Years.
The first thing that came into my mind when I hear a VN is getting an adaptation is:
IT will never BE AS GOOD as the ORIGINAL
kaimaxDec 22, 2013 6:03 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 22, 2013 6:10 AM

Sep 2012
Now we quickly delete our posts and make like Komari and "Pretend it never happened, okay?"
Dec 22, 2013 6:17 AM

Jan 2013
Ugh typical harem style ending incoming where nothing is resolved just like S1.
Dec 22, 2013 6:33 AM
Oct 2013
its all wrong
thanks

Dec 22, 2013 6:45 AM

Dec 2012
RedArmyShogun said:

I'm not entirely sure how you can predict that, especially seeing as this episode makes an obvious set-up for a resolved ending. Also, I don't even see how this show's a harem at this point. Pretty much all the girls are gone apart from one.
Dec 22, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
Seano299 said:
RedArmyShogun said:

I'm not entirely sure how you can predict that, especially seeing as this episode makes an obvious set-up for a resolved ending. Also, I don't even see how this show's a harem at this point. Pretty much all the girls are gone apart from one.

Shh, Seano, are you forgetting about people who literally just watched Little Busters to see Riki end up with someone and ignored the actual story?
Just leave them be <3
Dec 22, 2013 7:10 AM

Dec 2012
Vladz0r said:
Seano299 said:
RedArmyShogun said:

Shh, Seano, are you forgetting about people who literally just watched Little Busters to see Riki end up with someone and ignored the actual story?
Just leave them be <3

Oops, how could I forget about them? Silly me.
Dec 22, 2013 7:38 AM

Sep 2012
SbrHusky said:
its all wrong
thanks

Ummmmm...

You're welcome?
Dec 22, 2013 8:08 AM
Oct 2008
TragicRomance said:
10/10 once again, wondering why people did not give a high score to this episode

Because it's not a line for line adaptation of the VN.

Many people don't seem to care that some things just don't translate well, don't seem to care that there is a 21-24 minute schedule that needs to be followed, and that episodes should end at fitting points. If it's not exactly the same as the VN, it's shit.

At least you Anime firsties who stuck with it this long can appreciate it. That's more important than satisfying the VNfags as far as I'm concerned.
Dec 22, 2013 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
kaimax said:

The first thing that came into my mind when I hear a VN is getting an adaptation is:

I thought Stein's gate was just as good as the VN.

The adaptation is not as bad as some people are making it out to be but the VN outside of Refrain was not all that great to begin either and with only the 13 episodes they had this season they did a fine job.
Dec 22, 2013 9:06 AM

Aug 2008
Midou89 said:
kaimax said:

I thought Stein's gate was just as good as the VN.

The adaptation is not as bad as some people are making it out to be but the VN outside of Refrain was not all that great to begin either and with only the 13 episodes they had this season they did a fine job.

lawl. The only adaption that surpasses it's VN counterpart is Kanon 2006.

Steins;Gate is too abridged and leaves out too many plot details, which makes the beginning rather confusing. It did the emotional scenes well and it's a great adaption. But it suffers many of the same problems from other adaptions.

Though I did like that it had its own twist on certain scenes. I really don't feel like VN adaptions need to feel the need to be completely accurate to their VN counterpart.
Dec 22, 2013 9:11 AM

Jun 2008
Midou89 said:

Mostly on what HyperKnees said,
Steins;Gate is too abridged and leaves out too many plot details, which makes the beginning rather confusing
I had to convince many people to actually get to the middle of the series.

It's a great adaptation, But I won't say it's as good as the VN, because then VN loses its reason to exist. Saying that basically means, you don't need to read the VN anymore, because the anime is just as good as the VN

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 22, 2013 11:13 AM

Jun 2009
I haven't read Refrain chapter (Don't want to ruin my anime experience)

So far... I think refrain is amazing, not quite Clannad After Story, but it's been amazing... Can't wait for next episode... I am seriously loving this series so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2013 11:43 AM
Dec 2013
The first thing i thought wen i saw this chapter was:
K-on...
(If you didn´t know kyoto animation was going to do little busters but when they animated k-on they said to key, no,no, we are going to make a 2 season of k-on and you can go to a second category company called CJ staff to animated your vn) in my opinion, the art was bad, they rush and stop cause they want to make and all in final (that isnt bad but i didnt like the execution), i play the vn and wanted to see the bad ending T_T, when riki fall asleep i was like, Jc staff again, again? XD, i really really couldnt see the entire chapter it was loose, it was without character developtment, i love the story but JC staff couldnt make the magic of the novel, (its really really dificult but...) hoppe they make a very good ending cause all the 12 chapter was to make the 13 better, happy holidays n.n
otakujavaDec 22, 2013 12:08 PM
Dec 22, 2013 1:43 PM

Oct 2011
What is this hospital scene I keep reading about here???? Is that the bad ending to this episode??? : 0
Dec 22, 2013 1:52 PM

Sep 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
What is this hospital scene I keep reading about here???? Is that the bad ending to this episode??? : 0

Don't worry about it. It's a VN spoiler. People expected something from the VN to be in the anime, and JC Staff made some changes.
Dec 22, 2013 2:23 PM

Aug 2010
They rush through the first bits of the season and then put two feet on the break and won't let go, crawling until they can play the ED and waste another 20 minutes. Sasuga JC Staff. 2/5.

I did like the scene on the bus though, that was good.
Dec 22, 2013 3:12 PM
Dec 2013
Vladz0r said:
AnimeFan500 said:
What is
I keep reading about here???? Is that the bad ending to this episode??? : 0

Don't worry about it. It's a VN spoiler. People expected something from the VN to be in the anime, and JC Staff made some changes.

@AnimeFan500

In other words, you are a victim of rampage of VN players. The said scene might be in episode 13, and effectively SPOILS THE VERY LAST EPISODE. They keep talking the next episode in the episode thread every week, until the last one. Ah. At least, there are no "next episode" of episode 13, fortunately.
Dec 22, 2013 3:14 PM

Sep 2012
Inb4 JC staff super surprise 48 minute episode 13 with super budget and super feels guise xD!

Vladz0rDec 22, 2013 3:21 PM
Dec 22, 2013 5:47 PM

Dec 2013
The scene with Komari/Rin was great, and the bus scene was well done also. I liked how there was a lot of focus on Rin.
Dec 22, 2013 6:19 PM

Oct 2013
this episode was pretty normal for me, looking forward for the last episode
Dec 22, 2013 7:04 PM

Jul 2011
After hitting a series of home runs, this is the first episode in a while that I felt was kind of weak. It's just reiterating information we already know, except through a different character this time. it was just a retread of the last episode, except not nearly as good.

Also, am I the only one who's kind of bummed out that they're going with the best ending? I was kind of hoping that they'd be ballsy and go with the ending where everyone dies and Rin and Riki do as everyone asked them to do and go forward on their own, trying to be happy despite everything that happened. It certainly would have much more of a punch to it.

Still I can't complain too much, Refrain was definitely a far superior season, than the first one, and this will probably land at a 7 or 8 out of 10 for me depending on how it's wrapped up.

Edit: Also, that bus looked freaking awful. I know CGI is a way to save money, but god damn, at least make it look a LITTLE good.
Dec 22, 2013 9:17 PM

Oct 2009
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

539 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

352 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

230 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

186 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 6:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.