Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 31, 2013 7:39 AM
Dec 2012
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
VocaloidxAnime said:
It disappointed me. I am just not into magical girl now. I hoped that Type moon would do something again with the servants. (or it is my memory that's bad) I dropped it. It felt like watching ecchi btw

1. How is this not about servants?
2. you DO realize that original FSN vn had entire sex scenes, right?
You dont even need the visual novel as an example.

Anime:
Whaha, I skipped those scenes.
Sep 10, 2013 4:25 PM

Jan 2013
Fai said:
ao_no_exo said:

First of all thank you for clarifying the Luvia x Saber part.
Second: aww, I want to see Saber. But yeah what you said in the spoilers makes sense, I already saw the next episode so I know what it is about. Dam'.

Thanks again :).

alter versions of servants technically are the lesser part of what it is about. They are there simply for "equipment" to be used by the lead characters. The main plot thing is
Warning it's spoiler:
Sep 24, 2013 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
It seems Japanese voice actors have some kind of standard for crazy laughing, i could have sworn i heard Kongo Mitsuko (from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun). There are some voice actors in both, but they do not laugh that crazy in Railgun/Index..

Also, the whole thing with the magical staffs and girls really screams "Kuybey". Forcing a pact, not telling the girl anything, using her to do stuff without explaining (like, shooting Rin). I doubt it's gonna be that bad, as it's supposed to be comedy, so more in line with Phantas-Moon, but it's there.

Overall a really lovely episode, especially that magical girl fight. Was more like your typical shonen battle than a magical girl fight, except the boys simply get another power (up) if the equipment fails..
Sep 25, 2013 3:05 AM

Aug 2009
NwAurion said:
It seems Japanese voice actors have some kind of standard for crazy laughing, i could have sworn i heard Kongo Mitsuko (from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun). There are some voice actors in both, but they do not laugh that crazy in Railgun/Index..

Also, the whole thing with the magical staffs and girls really screams "Kuybey". Forcing a pact, not telling the girl anything, using her to do stuff without explaining (like, shooting Rin). I doubt it's gonna be that bad, as it's supposed to be comedy, so more in line with Phantas-Moon, but it's there.

Overall a really lovely episode, especially that magical girl fight. Was more like your typical shonen battle than a magical girl fight, except the boys simply get another power (up) if the equipment fails..

Ruby is just a big troll but Sapphire is normal.Kuybey is an asshole.
Sep 25, 2013 5:22 PM
Mar 2010
Hilarious episode, this reminded me of carnival phantasm in a way, very over the top and non-serious but a lot of fun to watch. Animation is great as well. Looking forward to watching this.
Sep 29, 2013 2:05 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

At home he discussed a lot about how first impressions were wrong, in fact if the purists of the series Type Moon can find a nonsense, and who judges it good just like an anime with the boy wizard, I'd tell him to analyze well before the series . The character design sometimes depressed me, but I liked that of Fate / Zero, but summing up is not too bad, we say that follows the idea that they want to give this anime series. Which, however, impressed me positively is the good work done on the technical side, animations very good. Also deserve a mention colors, depths and the comedy. Too bad the chopsticks are too skinny, little badass! Oh well! XD

I do not give up just because you are at the beginning and I do not throw myself with the votes cast must be a masterpiece only to have it!
Oct 4, 2013 4:37 AM

Jan 2012
loli brocon, will keep watching for that.
Nov 19, 2013 11:06 AM

Jun 2011
Haha, I should've started watching this sooner xD
Hilarious first episode :P
Feb 12, 2014 10:56 AM

Aug 2009
laldonkaments said:
Watched it in a public place - didn't expect it to be mahou shoujo - felt slightly embarrassed... true story!

Synopsis and visuals are a dead giveaway.
Apr 6, 2014 8:48 PM

Jan 2013
So since i read the manga i have a few things to say,the whole adaption is very well done,the effects of the battle between Lluvia vs Rin,the graphics are really amazing but i think that most of characters got a weird face design (comparing to manga),maybe it's just me or maybe it's the first episode but i think they were a lot better in manga...And Illya here looks very young (maybe it's mee too xD) but she looked maybe somehow older in the manga.But in general it's amazing,still they changed 1 thing from the manga,in manga Illya saw Rin & Lluvia fighting thats why she was looking to the sky because she saw the magical explosions not the magic wands flying but however it wasn't a big difference.
Ahaha poor Shirou,as always it's his fault xD
I love when Illya call Onii-Chan with that cute voice <3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 7, 2014 3:35 AM

Aug 2009
AivanK said:
So since i read the manga i have a few things to say,the whole adaption is very well done,the effects of the battle between Lluvia vs Rin,the graphics are really amazing but i think that most of characters got a weird face design (comparing to manga),maybe it's just me or maybe it's the first episode but i think they were a lot better in manga...And Illya here looks very young (maybe it's mee too xD) but she looked maybe somehow older in the manga.But in general it's amazing,still they changed 1 thing from the manga,in manga Illya saw Rin & Lluvia fighting thats why she was looking to the sky because she saw the magical explosions not the magic wands flying but however it wasn't a big difference.
Ahaha poor Shirou,as always it's his fault xD
I love when Illya call Onii-Chan with that cute voice <3
They are weird.It's not just you.XD
May 30, 2014 2:12 PM

Oct 2013
haha this is def going to be a good watch I got as lot of enjoyment out of the 1st ep mmhmmm I like how it uses the characters from fate/stay night ^ ^
[/quote]
Jun 10, 2014 4:34 AM

Jul 2013
meh good to see some characters again, but for now it is just cheesy...

yes we got a great deal of laughs but then again if it keeps like this, it will lose it's humer in a few episodes
didn't like the drawings that much but i guess they are ok

Jul 10, 2014 11:24 AM

Feb 2014
10/10 for the laughs, I really hope the rest of the series can keep up.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Jul 24, 2014 7:24 AM

Aug 2013
Ilya's adorable but wow that was an extremely annoying first episode.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 27, 2014 7:35 PM

Nov 2011
First dubbed episode is out.
Jul 27, 2014 7:55 PM

Nov 2013
Stark700 said:
First dubbed episode is out.
It's getting a dub? That's nice I wasn't aware of that.
Aug 15, 2014 4:54 PM
Jan 2012
Hoping Shirou doesn't get much screen time. He is one of the worst characters in anime. Anyways, the first part of the episode was a bit boring and while I don't mind fanservice, fanservice of an ten years old is a bit too much imo. The second part was much better, on other hand. Not bad/10.
Aug 19, 2014 4:45 PM

Nov 2012
Illya looks really pretty in that magical girl outfit.
Aug 25, 2014 7:22 PM

Aug 2013
Best girl tsundeRin just being a magical girl. Wait, wut?
I hope we see Archer/Rin duo, they are so awesome together.

Well, I must say that after marathoning Fate/stay night VN, being thrown in a world where the cold tsundere is now a magical girl and where Ilya no longer have a twisted personality is quite unsettling x)
But ya'll know what we came for... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Also, Shirou design is really odd :/
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 26, 2014 2:17 AM

Aug 2009
minouneetzoe said:

Well, I must say that after marathoning Fate/stay night VN, being thrown in a world where the cold tsundere is now a magical girl and where Ilya no longer have a twisted
The original Mahou Shoujo Rin is even more unsettling.
Aug 26, 2014 3:36 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
minouneetzoe said:

Well, I must say that after marathoning Fate/stay night VN, being thrown in a world where the cold tsundere is now a magical girl and where Ilya no longer have a twisted
The original Mahou Shoujo Rin is even more unsettling.

Straight form VN.
Nov 1, 2014 5:50 PM

Aug 2014
Great Episode! It was funny when Rin and her friend were drop in the river.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Dec 4, 2014 7:43 AM

May 2012
As known from this franchise the pacing is slow as f*ck but well let's just hope the story will be somewhat decent... either way let's see what's next.
Jan 12, 2015 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
This was one of the most entertaining first episodes I have seen in a long while. This show is basically Fate combined with Cardcaptor Sakura. 2 of my favorite anime. What a great combination!
How I have not watched this sooner, I dunno.
Feb 9, 2015 12:48 AM

Dec 2013
Yeah this looks very promising :D Fate/zero meets Cardcaptor Sakura :3
Feb 9, 2015 1:20 AM

Aug 2014
Mimysse said:
Yeah this looks very promising :D Fate/Stay Night meets Cardcaptor Sakura :3

ftfy but yes
Feb 9, 2015 4:13 AM

Dec 2013
Insertanamehere said:
Mimysse said:
Yeah this looks very promising :D Fate/Stay Night meets Cardcaptor Sakura :3

ftfy but yes
You are right, my bad. The animation quality is more compared to F/Z instead of that from F/SN (2006) though ;)
Feb 9, 2015 5:07 AM

Aug 2014
Mimysse said:
Insertanamehere said:

ftfy but yes
You are right, my bad. The animation quality is more compared to F/Z instead of that from F/SN (2006) though ;)

We don't talk about that mess as part of F/SN.
That aside;
May 4, 2015 11:10 AM

Jun 2014
a typical start to most mahou shoujos. A contract and forced into something they have little or no knowledge of.

May 15, 2015 3:59 AM

Apr 2013
So... could this be seen as a sequel to Fate/Stay Night? It actualyl would fit quite well, except that Sakura is nowhere to be seen and Rin acts like she doesn't know who Illya is.
May 15, 2015 4:02 AM

Aug 2014
Gator said:
So... could this be seen as a sequel to Fate/Stay Night?

No.
Jun 28, 2015 5:43 PM

May 2014
Loli fan service, ahoy! Looking forward to enjoying this series.
Jul 7, 2015 5:15 AM

Dec 2012
It's very jarring to watch something like this immediately after plowing through F/SN and F/Z. Certainly not disappointing though, this turned out to be a hilarious start and Illya is melting my heart. That magic stick is a tricky devil, almost spit water everywhere when it told Illya to curse Rin. Now I'm interested in seeing how the other characters fit into this. I might die of laughter if Kirei becomes a 10 year old magical boy or something.
Jul 7, 2015 7:35 AM

Dec 2014
A small nitpick but their lips are terrible. They all look like they have peach fuzz.
Aug 19, 2015 2:24 AM
Oct 2009
Really like this anime now! :3
Was a great episode. ^-^
Sep 20, 2015 4:31 AM

Jan 2012
The art is so bright,put the fucking barrier already.

Aug 1, 2016 6:23 AM

Sep 2015
WOW No ones posted in over a year guess I am late to the party. Love the Rin looking at Illya Scene. The reference to Shirou and Saber is funny hoping for more references in the anime. Good first episode, I am here for the Fate aspect as I am not much into "magical girl" lol
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 3, 2016 4:09 PM

Nov 2013
Bitches got ditched, because all they do is to argue and fight.

The discussion in the bath was funny.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 15, 2016 8:41 PM

Dec 2012
DaItalianFish said:
Fai said:

Bullshit. The only route to 100% NOT get re-adaptation is fate, even that is not guaranteed considering we DID get FMA re-adaptation after the first try was fucked up.

I expect ufotable-made UBW anime within next 4 to 5 years

Very unlikely.

To say that we will get a UBW anime within 5 years is kinda outrageous, considering we don't even know if Heaven's Feel will be animated yet. To say that ufotable will be doing it makes it even more outrageous, because DEEN still has the rights to FSN adaptions. On top of that the UBW movie, quality aside, sold relatively well. Seeing as it followed the route (ignoring the fact that it was incredibly rushed), I see no reason why they'd even consider re-animating it again.

ha ha! wrong.

I don't understand how Ilya here is like 10 years old, Rin has her regular FSN age and Shiro looks even younger.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 18, 2016 1:28 PM

Sep 2010
Hmm... this anime sure gave a lot of nostalgia kicks for me.

First there is good old fate world... well I guess not good old fate but both the places and the characters are recognizable. Shiro in particular, even though he is not MC here, he still gets the girls. Rin is pretty much the same as well. Ilya... well her main tropes are the same but without her saying in cute and innocent voice of hers "GO AND CLAVE OUT THEIR GUTS, BERSERK!" it's not the same. The sarcastic remarks that she is making during the show sure are funny so she will be good characters.

How much better would it be if Ilya continued to have Berserk and would go around save the world while riding on his shoulder and slaughtering people.

We got magic girls here though and well even thought there are at least three new magic girls series every year I don't watch them so it sure been a while since I saw magic girl transformation. The animation on this scene sure was on completely different level than I remember in the past.

In any case though this anime is so stupid that I can't help but watch it. If it weren't for the fact that Fate/Stay night was my first VN and 2006 version one of my first animes as well making me long term fan, I probably wouldn't even try to pick it up but well, I sure picked it up.
Dec 4, 2016 8:28 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sweet and rude first episode ;)

5/10.
Jun 7, 2017 1:51 AM

Jul 2009
Great first episode! I guess in this timeline, Shirou and Illya lives together.

Glad Illya has her own show!!
Jun 7, 2017 2:05 AM

Jul 2009
Also End Card for the episode:

Oct 13, 2017 11:38 PM

Apr 2013
what the fuck...? that background OST is sooooo good!
Class cards? i'm not the only one getting CCS vibes from this battle right?

i'm also not sure how much this differs from the Fate-verse. this doesn't look like a complete AU with only the characters being the same - since apparently magic exists but what about the main organizations and the major mage families? the Einzbern certainly aren't if Illya's reaction to magic is something to go by.

nice call back to one of the most iconic scenes in FSN. aaaaand that's it!

decent starting episode with a pretty good hook, but i'm not really sure if its due to the episode's own strength or i'm thinking like that only because of all the familiar characters in new roles and my own recent interest in all Fate properties. whatever, i'll still be watching this and hopefully by its end will be able to judge it accordingly. Don't disappoint me, Magical Girl series!

Edit-
God! this will be the only magical girl series that I've seen in nearly a decade... i miss Tutu and CCS and Doremi... :(
Mar 23, 2019 5:23 AM

Feb 2018
Shirou obii Chan xD.In this episode Ilya being to magical girl.
Aug 11, 2019 5:52 AM

Aug 2018
Feels a bit new watching MC girl who looks like really likes her onii-chan, calling him that, and after school hurrying that she can go home together with him..
It looks like these 2 more adult women are.. well.. questionable magical girls, it seems..
Their magical wands are questionable, though, as well.. Leaving them.. Even if they were doing badly as magical girls, still leaving them seems a bit strange.. I guess, these 2 adult girls and 2 wands are someone to watch out for, can do whatever would come to their mind, it seems..
Yep, this wand looks evil..
So Illya just got dragged into assholes' drama with superpowers.. Poor Illya.. ;p Well, maybe they're not total assholes, but really wand is treating her as tool as for now.. And black haired girl just says: well, can't do anything, not even will talk with a wand, you'll have to fight now, lol.. ;p Characters can go either way, though, but so far Illya is only good girl as of now.. ;p
Sep 30, 2019 7:01 AM
Dec 2017
what was that? i thought Ilya wanted to be Magical shit. now she is saying she is not interested. WTF was that?

Woah Ilya's wish great the moment she asked for and naked. is it me or other thinks too this anime enjoy is making child sexual jokes ? and why the fuck Ruby Chose a child more then some one else with big brain maybe an adult. oh i forgot it anime. every god damn protagonist has to be a child or young.
Dec 11, 2019 7:27 AM

Dec 2018
Hmmm.. magical girls, huh?

Everybody loves Shirou.

Well that's the first time I see a girl nose bleed from seeing a boy.

Let's see how imaginative can this show be...
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 1, 2020 12:37 PM

Dec 2014
Finally got around to watching this and damn the eyes do look a little weird especially when I'm watching this after all the other major Fate anime.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed it a lot. It's pretty funny and Illya is cute. Rin is great as always and I loved the final scene with Rin/Illya kinda mirroring the Saber/Shirou,

Looking forward to more.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.