Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (70) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2013 3:46 PM

Sep 2012
masterfxx1 said:
I hope Kyousuke´s popularity in this website goes up after Refrain ends. He only has 260 favorites, he deserves way more -.-"

Sames. I hope anime Kyousuke is as glorious as VN Kyousuke.
Sep 13, 2013 5:02 PM

Aug 2013
masterfxx1 said:
I hope Kyousuke´s popularity in this website goes up after Refrain ends. He only has 260 favorites, he deserves way more -.-"

I dont know he is not a very likable character in Rin 2 and most of refrain.
Sep 13, 2013 5:29 PM

Sep 2012
yeah, even I was pissed at him while playing Rin 2. xD
Homura's popularity in pmmm skyrocketed after episode 10.
It won't be until Refrain during Kyousuke's flashback that his popularity will start growing at an exponential rate.
Sep 13, 2013 5:43 PM

Aug 2011
masterfxx1 said:

agreed x100...

tsukiko from henneko, a mindless moeblob has 3 times as much favorites...
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Sep 13, 2013 6:36 PM

Sep 2012
egnaro315 said:
It won't be until Refrain during Kyousuke's flashback that his popularity will start growing at an exponential rate.

^
I'll tell again how I spoiled the Secret for myself in advance, but seeing how Kyousuke intricately set everything up was pretty awesome. He essentially felt like Key/Maeda incarnate, or the writer of the Little Busters story. He was almost too limitless as far as his powers went, but with the tragedy at the end of Rin 2 and bro development in Refrain, we got to see his faults and his perspectives that were reflected throughout the story. All that combined is why I <3 Kyousuke.
I just hope the story is as believable for the anime audience.

I hope Refrain is awesome and then grows in popularity, and then Kyousuke's favorites will increase as well. First he'll surpass other moeblob favorite numbers, then Sunohara's favorites, then eventually Tomoya's, and then HE'LL CONQUER THE FAVORITES LIST BWAHAHA
Sep 13, 2013 6:43 PM

Aug 2011
in 3 days i will be on a quest to venture the corners of the internet and find some kind of footage of episode 1... then decide whether or not i should watch it
Sep 13, 2013 6:49 PM

Sep 2012
Funya-Usagi said:
in 3 days i will be on a quest to venture the corners of the internet and find some kind of footage of episode 1... then decide whether or not i should watch it

Haha, sugoi. I can't wait to be impressed/disappointed if there's footage and we get an early peak at it.
I just hope Warner BROS. put up the opening in another PV or something.
Sep 13, 2013 6:59 PM

Jul 2010
egnaro315 said:

Yeah, yeah, Kyousuke must be the ultimate Key character in MAL... (?)
Sep 13, 2013 7:19 PM

Sep 2012
^
It's interesting how Tomoya is the most favorited right now. Nagisa's high up there too. They're at 5.9k and 4.8k respectively. I think he's kind of just favorited along with Clannad being favorited just for being the MC. I wonder how other people feel about Kyousuke and Clannadman as far as Key characters go.

I would say Tomoya wasn't completely so likeable that people would go to favorite him so much on MAL. I mean, Code Geass (R2) has less favorites than Clannad, but Lelouch is the most favorited on MAL. I guess it's more of Key's story driving Clannad, and Lelouch driving Code Geass since all the other characters besides C2 are pretty awful.
Sep 13, 2013 7:23 PM

Sep 2012
Vladz0r said:
egnaro315 said:

^
I'll tell again how I spoiled the Secret for myself in advance, but seeing how Kyousuke intricately set everything up was pretty awesome. He essentially felt like Key/Maeda incarnate, or the writer of the Little Busters story. He was almost too limitless as far as his powers went, but with the tragedy at the end of Rin 2 and bro development in Refrain, we got to see his faults and his perspectives that were reflected throughout the story. All that combined is why I <3 Kyousuke.
I just hope the story is as believable for the anime audience.

I hope Refrain is awesome and then grows in popularity, and then Kyousuke's favorites will increase as well. First he'll surpass other moeblob favorite numbers, then Sunohara's favorites, then eventually Tomoya's, and then HE'LL CONQUER THE FAVORITES LIST BWAHAHA

Maeda even has the Kyousuke haircut LOL.
2 more days until the pre-airing ~
Sep 13, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2012
egnaro315 said:

Maeda even has the Kyousuke haircut LOL.
2 more days until the pre-airing ~

HOLY SHIT
Sep 13, 2013 8:08 PM

Sep 2012
^Both created the amazing world of LB! and are Kami-samas.
Sep 13, 2013 8:11 PM

May 2011
About Kyousuke, what is this book ?
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/57291
Sep 13, 2013 10:39 PM

Aug 2011
you know.. the more i read refrain the more i feel like jun maeda intended for a darker more ambiguous ending.

if you read through kyousuke's arc, he continuously crawls in the darkness (to the gas leak) and everytime he passes out he goes back to the fake world and resets his position in the real world back to where he started. later he states that he sees a dream where he can see riki collecting himself, then gathering branches and rin checking the passengers bags for items and treats the others. (sound familiar?) finally, kyousuke crawls to the gas leak in one go and worries that he will have to start over again if he goes back into the dream world, "it happens so that there is no discrepancy between the two worlds". he also figures out that the reason why he keeps resetting back to that certain position where he was is because that is the place where "he is going to die". To make sure that he doesn't reset back to the floor on the bus kyousuke decides to change "the place where he's going to die" to the gas leak by stabbing himself in the hand.

so heres what i deduced.

- The dream world is accessed by kyousuke whenever he "dies".

http://i.imgur.com/AMNzraT.png

- The dream world resets kyousuke's position in the real world to keep both worlds in sync

http://i.imgur.com/Yg3Eesz.png

- The first time Riki and Rin try to save everyone HAPPENED

http://i.imgur.com/gYBk6vT.png

by putting these together, it can be seen that by going into the dream world, kyousuke's position in the real world is set back to where he dies. in other words, whenever kyousuke enters the dream world, he is "dead". the only way to change the starting position is by changing the place of death. (this is why kyousuke stabs himself, by stabbing himself he is resetting the starting position of the real world and changing the resonance between both worlds while also "killing himself" to again access the dream world.)

also note that kyousuke saw rin and riki trying to save everybody (this was before he crawled up to the gas leak and before rin/riki even knew about the secret of the world. i think this was the first time they tried to save everybody and the bus exploded)

and so..
once riki and rin "died" they went back into their dream world. Once they came back into the real world... JUST like kyousuke, they reset back to the place where they were to die but this time they saved everybody.

http://i.imgur.com/dqGIthp.png
(note the red text box, at first i thought this was rin but it's also possible that it's kyousuke saying this.)

basically what i'm trying to say is that jun maeda's a fucking genius and the ending is deeper than i initially thought.

aka the little busters transcended space, time, life, and death for each other.
Funya-UsagiSep 13, 2013 10:46 PM
Sep 13, 2013 11:42 PM

Aug 2013
Funya-Usagi said:

http://i.imgur.com/dqGIthp.png
(note the red text box, at first i thought this was rin but it's also possible that it's kyousuke saying this.)

basically what i'm trying to say is that jun maeda's a fucking genius and the ending is deeper than i initially thought.

aka the little busters transcended space, time, life, and death for each other.

Except that the pic you posted is missing Kyousuke acknowledging that Rin is talking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmMzVT6g1Qs @ 1:02 in
Sep 13, 2013 11:44 PM

Aug 2011
oh even better then, kyousuke is talking to them either way
Sep 14, 2013 12:16 AM

Sep 2012
^I just rewatched the Kyousuke crying scene
I bawled like a baby.

If they have the same voice acting and music position I'd cry until the next morning.

ALTHOUGH WE HAVE TO WAIT TIL' AROUND MARCH FOR THAT
Sep 14, 2013 12:27 AM

Sep 2012
I wonder how they are going to animate the end of the world. According to the VN there is a lot of shaking and the scenery just turns white while everything vanishes. Or they might make it similar to Clannad's world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gWdyZXcoBs

On another note: this put a big smile on my face http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOftusUkslI
egnaro15Sep 14, 2013 1:33 AM
Sep 14, 2013 2:44 AM

Jan 2013
Funya-Usagi said:

What's your basis for saying that? Cause that pic is the same as at the point above it and... kinda unrelated to the thesis.
Sep 14, 2013 11:41 AM

May 2012
Sep 14, 2013 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
planetarian said:
http://puu.sh/4rcFB.png

I see what you did there J.c. Staff (Y)
MOTHER OF GOD.. I just noticed that 0-0
Sep 14, 2013 12:50 PM

Aug 2011
Naoki-Saten said:
Funya-Usagi said:

What's your basis for saying that? Cause that pic is the same as at the point above it and... kinda unrelated to the thesis.

oh sorry, wrong picture but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8nhVWdnWSc

its at 48:45
Sep 14, 2013 2:11 PM

Sep 2012
Funya-Usagi said:
Naoki-Saten said:
Funya-Usagi said:

Oh wow.
Kyousuke's thoughts:

Super interesting. So Kyousuke wants Riki to face despair over being able to save everyone. At first it seems like Kyousuke wouldn't like Maeda's happy ending, but I think it's a more complex than that.

My interpretation:
Kyousuke regretting all the sins and trauma he put everyone through in the dream world is something he never wanted to do, but knew he had to. Kyousuke wanted his actions to mean strengthening Riki and Rin, but at the same time, if Kyousuke did all that stuff and Riki and Rin actually managed to save everyone, Kyousuke would feel horrible for having had to do all of that.

I think Kyousuke wanted Riki and Rin's strengthening and being able to face reality to be a dying wish of his, to give meaning to everything he did. But at the same time, I think he wishes Riki and Rin did manage to save everyone (thus why he dreamed it) but would rather not have everyone go through Kyousuke's dream manipulation if saving everyone is the final result.

So I think Kyousuke wanted the happy ending, but his intentions were to strengthen Riki and Rin by invoking extreme emotion and anger in the other Little Busters that Riki and Rin had to overcome in Refrain.

He would rather have:
A.)Riki and Rin save everyone before having to create and manipulate a dream world.
B.)Riki and Rin become strengthened through Kyousuke's sins, and have that as part of his dying wish.

He didn't take into account plan C, where Riki and Rin surpassed Kyousuke's plan B with the true ending, where Riki overcame his narcolepsy and saved everyone.

I might be making too much out of this, but I think it's connected to the ending.
I've seen people argue that the Key magic ending isn't what Kyousuke wanted, which was to strengthen Riki and Rin, but Kyousuke's vision of Riki and Rin saving everyone "gave him courage" and would've of course been preferable to him, if Kyousuke hadn't already sinned and played the villain in his own dream world.
Sep 14, 2013 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
Funya-Usagi said:
Naoki-Saten said:
Funya-Usagi said:

Now I see where you're coming from, but I still doubt that the scene actually happened.

That 'dream' that Kyousuke is picturing is really just that - a dream.
Kyousuke's thoughts are contradictive.
On the one hand, his 'ideal' Riki that he was trying to create would be the kind of man who can keep his calm during this scene of disaster and courageously try to rescue everyone rather than running away. Naturally, it would be great if a 'perfect ending' could be pulled off. It's a desperate little glimmer of hope. After all, Kyousuke doesn't really want to die.
HOWEVER, there's still Riki's Narcolepsy which would make Riki collapse, thus causing him and Rin dying along with everyone else - and all will be for naught. (Implying that Kyousuke knows how Riki's Narcolepsy triggers)

This 'dream' has the task of showing the player how to correctly do the rescue. Honestly, there are so many options that you'd have to replay that scene quite often in order to get all of it right.

That scene can't have actually happened for the following reason which contradicts the timeline of events:
It is said that Rin is cooperating and helping with the rescue. But the 'current' Rin is still scared and on the mental level of a child. She has yet to resolve her trauma and would thus not be able to act according to the dream.
So even assuming Riki has already become strong and is metally prepared for the hard reality and thus able to act swiftly, Rin definitely isn't.

At least that's how I view it.
Sep 14, 2013 11:14 PM

Aug 2013
Oh yes, can somebody explain to me the transition between rin 2 and refrain? I've played the VN but I didn't get it.. :S
Sep 14, 2013 11:21 PM

Jul 2013
epic_joelle said:
Oh yes, can somebody explain to me the transition between rin 2 and refrain? I've played the VN but I didn't get it.. :S

they loop again after rin 2 (its the day of the bus accident).
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 15, 2013 12:27 AM

Sep 2012
Did Rin's childness carry over into the real world? I saw no difference really. But Kyousuke did say that Riki healed her in a way. Then again she was still like "Where are those two big idiots?" when Masato and Kengo disappeared.

Also what kind of mental trauma did Rin even go through? I know she was hurt to an extent, but enough to cause issues?

I probably read things too fast but it's so confusing for me :3
Sep 15, 2013 12:51 AM

Sep 2012
@Exbo
They don't go too into detail about it.
From this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmMzVT6g1Qs&t=1h4m50s

"As a child, something frightening happened to me.
Huge people, a dark room, and screams.
I believed that the world was filled with scary things."
Sep 15, 2013 2:16 AM
Jun 2013
Ohayô minna !

There is something I have troubles to understand in the VN so I hope someone can help me.
If I understood correctly, each time you finish a route, the heroin of the route get out of the artificial world. I'm okay with that, but then the loop happens and... surprise ! The heroin is still in the common route.
I know this is how visual novels work, but is there another explanation for that ?
Could it be that, after a heroin got out of the world, Kyousuke (or someone else) create some kind of NPC to replace her ?
Sep 15, 2013 6:15 AM

Apr 2012
Ol-Hybrius said:
Ohayô minna !

There is something I have troubles to understand in the VN so I hope someone can help me.
If I understood correctly, each time you finish a route, the heroin of the route get out of the artificial world. I'm okay with that, but then the loop happens and... surprise ! The heroin is still in the common route.
I know this is how visual novels work, but is there another explanation for that ?
Could it be that, after a heroin got out of the world, Kyousuke (or someone else) create some kind of NPC to replace her ?

Yes.
@inuvivo on twitter!
Sep 15, 2013 6:50 AM
Jun 2013
I see... Well that explain why you can't enter twice in a route. But Komari is a special case, isn't she ?

Did she stay with the Busters the whole time without any of them know that she was, or was she hidden somewhere until Refrain ?
Sep 15, 2013 10:11 AM

Sep 2012
epic_joelle said:
planetarian said:

I didn´t notice that when I watched Henneko either o_o
Sep 15, 2013 11:54 AM

Aug 2013
Too bad most of the characters like kud, haruka, etc. won't hav that much screentime..
Sep 15, 2013 12:27 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
masterfxx1 said:
epic_joelle said:
planetarian said:

I didn´t notice that when I watched Henneko either o_o

To be fair... that was kinda easy to miss but yeah lol

Nice catch :P
Sep 15, 2013 1:46 PM

Sep 2012
epic_joelle said:
Too bad most of the characters like kud, haruka, etc. won't hav that much screentime..

They weren't too well received or developed in the anime, so I'm fine with the main 5 Little Busters (and Kurugaya) being able to shine this season.
Sep 15, 2013 2:18 PM

Sep 2012
epic_joelle said:

Hopefully they will be included in operation Loli Love Love Hunters!
Sep 15, 2013 2:21 PM
Jun 2013
Vladz0r said:
epic_joelle said:

They weren't too well received or developed in the anime, so I'm fine with the main 5 Little Busters (and Kurugaya) being able to shine this season.

Moreover, they already have had some "extra show time" since they were still there once their respectives arcs were over and even intervene in other girl's, whereas they don't in the VN.

I'm also hopping more development for the Busters though, wait & see.
Sep 15, 2013 10:55 PM

Sep 2012
Vladz0r said:
epic_joelle said:

Well, the only ones that truly matter in Refrain are the 5 original Little Busters, so it makes sense that the other ones lose some screentime. But if you think about it, they did it better than in Clannad, where Kotomi (for example) completely disappeared from the anime, while the other girls in Little Busters appear here and there.

egnaro315 said:
epic_joelle said:

Hopefully they will be included in operation Loli Love Love Hunters!

That would be awesome, especially if they use the right pairings.
Sep 16, 2013 1:12 AM

May 2012
So it airs today in japan I am expecting a "What the japs thought about it" in 10 hours
Sep 16, 2013 5:11 AM

Dec 2009
Sep 16, 2013 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
@inuvivo on twitter!
Sep 16, 2013 5:27 AM

Sep 2012
Wait what? A new season/ OVA for the EX routes??
I'm surprised they actually announced EX when Refrain hasn't even started airing yet. If production has already started then I hope they didn't rush Refrain.
egnaro15Sep 16, 2013 5:42 AM
Sep 16, 2013 6:27 PM

Sep 2011
So, should I give a hype for the incoming EX route anime adaptation?

By the way, for those who played the EX routes, I made a thread just for us: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=663905

So we can finally post some spoiler shits about EX routes without going to bother to put spoiler tags.
TennoujiSep 16, 2013 6:41 PM

Sep 17, 2013 2:58 AM

Sep 2012
So I see some people in Animesuki forums speculate that Refrain might be 2 cour and the second half would be the EX routes given it's early announcement. However 1 cour for Refrain won't be enough obviously. But that got me thinking about the last episode title they 'accidentally' posted up on the site 'My Faraway Treasure'. What if that was the title for an episode in Saya's route? I can't imagine that being the title for the last episode of Refrain given its context. And they wouldn't change it to 'The best friends ever' in the last minute for the season 1 finale . I actually want Refrain and the EX routes to be separate. I don't know, just a random thought lol.
Sep 17, 2013 3:31 AM

Sep 2012
egnaro315 said:
So I see some people in Animesuki forums speculate that Refrain might be 2 cour and the second half would be the EX routes given it's early announcement. However 1 cour for Refrain won't be enough obviously. But that got me thinking about the last episode title they 'accidentally' posted up on the site 'My Faraway Treasure'. What if that was the title for an episode in Saya's route? I can't imagine that being the title for the last episode of Refrain given its context. And they wouldn't change it to 'The best friends ever' in the last minute for the season 1 finale . I actually want Refrain and the EX routes to be separate. I don't know, just a random thought lol.

IF Refrain is indeed one cour, it will suck. Refrain will need to be at least 22 episodes so they dont have to rush it.

I think that the EX routes will be a separate series. Clannad OVA´d some of the routes, so LB is doing the same, except that these ones wont be OVAs, but a TV series probably.

Edit: Now that I think of it, they managed to ruin the first half of the show, so don´t get your hopes too high about Refrain.
Sep 17, 2013 3:46 AM

Sep 2013
I think refrain will be 2 cour, Why would it be only 1? impossible to fit the massive amount of VN in 12 episodes.
Sep 17, 2013 3:58 AM

Feb 2012
Yeah refrain will probably be 2 cour and EX gets its own season probably. Like, why would they announce the EX routes if they were just put in the refrain season anyway, seems more like they'd do another season to me~
Sep 17, 2013 4:11 AM

Sep 2012
Yeah let's hope EX gets its own season and won't be merged with Refrain.
masterfxx1 said:
so don´t get your hopes too high about Refrain.

Time and time again I keep telling myself not to get my hopes up, but we've waited so long just to see Refrain animated that it is inevitable. I might be setting myself up for disappointment but whatever happen happens.
I can always imagine a perfectly animated LB! anime in my head with kyoani animation so yeah xD
Sep 17, 2013 5:03 AM

Feb 2012
I just hope there's less monologues in this season~
Sep 17, 2013 5:07 AM

Sep 2013
Less monologues, More Riki and Rin please.
Pages (70) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

539 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vladz0r - Dec 21, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

352 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

230 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

186 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.