Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 20, 2014 7:37 PM

Sep 2013
"does your hand hurt?" lol, this is why I like Nagisa. Good episode!

Apr 25, 2014 8:19 AM

Jul 2013
This is the first episode in the whole of Clannad which my eyes actually filled up, I'm not heartless after all! This was such a well done episode, there was visible growth seen in Okazaki and I loved how the mood switched so quickly. When he asked Nagisa to marry him, my tears nearly spilled from my eye sockets, nearly.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jul 11, 2014 9:07 AM

May 2013
dem feels
Jul 26, 2014 12:57 PM
Mar 2014
Not kissed, getting married. Okay then.

Wonder what his Dad did... but why should it affect Tomoya?
muur1234Jul 26, 2014 1:03 PM
Aug 26, 2014 5:55 AM

Oct 2013
this shit just draws the feels out like a fucken cows udder
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 1, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
well that was like the worst proposal ever

Bheaze said:
this shit just draws the feels out like a fucken cows udder

so eloquent
laputiaJan 1, 2015 2:40 PM
Jan 23, 2015 8:29 PM

May 2014
Wow, that was really sweet. Was not expecting that but it was really heart warming.

As for those pointing out they haven't even kissed, that shows how emotional their connection is. Although kissing is very close to an emotional aspect of a relationship, the bottom line is it's physical.

The most magical part of Nagisa and Tomoyo's love is that it's purely emotional, their devotion to each other and their caring for each other so much. There isn't a heavy emphasis on physical or dare I say lustful things. It's really refreshing, actually! Many anime show off all their female characters in sexual ways, but this one has done a pretty good job of keeping it down. Especially for Nagisa.
Feb 26, 2015 2:00 PM

Feb 2014
I can just say *wow*

They can be happy together.. I'm quite envious of it..

He said: "Nagisa? Let's get married."
She answered: "Yes"

I won't forget any part of this anime. Clannad's touched my heart pretty much. ♥
Mar 24, 2015 9:18 PM
Jul 2012
Dunno how people over 15 with minimal knowledge of life can consider this show as a masterpiece when shitty episodes like this one happen
Apr 20, 2015 4:23 PM

Dec 2013
That wall punch. I liked how realistic the damage was.

Japan and their marriage ideals..
May 13, 2015 12:35 AM

Mar 2015
Tarextherex said:
Dunno how people over 15 with minimal knowledge of life can consider this show as a masterpiece when shitty episodes like this one happen

Does it make you feel good about yourself to post such comments?
May 17, 2015 9:28 AM
May 2012
Tarextherex said:

Are you done yet?
WinterSnowflakeMay 17, 2015 10:51 AM
Jun 4, 2015 2:12 AM

May 2015
I still think Nagisa isn't as interesting of a partner for Tomoya (Tomoya x Tomoyo), but I've definitely start coming around to liking Nagisa more.
Jun 30, 2015 11:00 PM

Dec 2013
Cool to see Yoshino's backstory. Tomoya's farther really should've said something instead of sitting there.

Damn that proposal was pretty unexpected. I can't even remember them kissing lol
Jul 3, 2015 4:41 PM
Feb 2015
Damn this episode was intense, from the story of Yoshino which was pretty sad and very well told with the OST and all, to the final scene

This anime just keeps getting better and better, I feel like it's about to rech the climax while it's only halfway through
Sep 7, 2015 8:11 AM

Mar 2015
Yuusuke flashback was nice.
Sep 22, 2015 3:00 AM

Dec 2010
I don't mind these "realistic" episodes but I really hope that we'll get breathers at some point. It is now that I realize just how much I miss Kyou, Sunohara, Tomoyo and everybody else.
Nov 7, 2015 10:08 AM

Jun 2015
WHAT?! I wanted yo see the wedding :(
Mar 14, 2016 7:31 AM

Jan 2016
How about you try moving in together before getting married -__-
Mar 17, 2016 8:41 PM

Apr 2015
Amazing episode. Didn't fail to touch me.

I'm wondering, why did Tomoya ask that to Nagisa when they haven't kissed or something yet?

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 10, 2016 3:10 PM

Feb 2015
RE-WATCHING Isn't Nagisa still in high school? Can she really get married while in high school? Anyways just like the first time I watched it, a very powerful episode.
May 19, 2016 10:20 PM

Mar 2014
Daily life at its utmost reality . "What's important is not losing sight of your path."
Just when you know life is going well , then it starts to fall apart .. for a reason .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2016 5:30 PM

Dec 2012
I didn't expect Yoshino's story to hit me so hard this time around. I guess it's because I've experienced a bit of that emptiness he described and how it's so easy to lose sight of the simple things that make life so fulfilling.

That part where Tomoya and Nagisa agree to get married has always been one of my favorite scenes from Clannad. They're a match made from heaven and they're always supporting each other. That's why I like when she said that she'd only leave the city if they left on a positive note. Season 1 was more about Tomoya giving Nagisa courage but After Story show the dynamic that brings out the best of both of them.
Aug 20, 2016 11:18 PM
Jul 2016
Tomoya's Dad's face while Tomoya was getting pissed off at him just makes him look like the ultimate troll
Nov 14, 2016 5:14 PM

Oct 2012
Well, we haven't even kissed but Let's get married! Really, their not inclusion of kissing scene from the game which implied at least some behind the scenes girl-boy relationship is hurting this anime more and more (although even the game was kinda awkward at times).

But otherwise feels were really strong with this episode, a little bit fast-paced but still very emotional, both Yusuke backstory and Tomoya's father part. Ofc, both of those arcs are not resolved yet it would be interesting to watch how they manage to deal with it.

And with the story slowly moving in its second part the feels will be gettin stronger and stronger.

Luke72 said:
RE-WATCHING Isn't Nagisa still in high school? Can she really get married while in high school? Anyways just like the first time I watched it, a very powerful episode.

Many people are actually forgetting that in Japan it's 16 years for a girl that's legal age for marriage with parent consent. Applying western rules to japan movie doesn't work, you know.

So yeah, she could marry him anytime she wants. Not to mention she's already 20 (legal age without parents consent) by now.
Mich666Nov 14, 2016 5:26 PM
Mar 24, 2017 11:37 AM

May 2016
That was a really intense episode, seriously who would have thought that Yoshino san had it that tough and gone through a lot of hardness and obstacles.
Tomoya's father is in a pretty bad situation if you ask me, I still wonder what happened between them when he was younger, I really wanna know more details about what happened in the past.
Oct 20, 2017 6:09 PM

Oct 2017
This relationship o_o skipping to the proposal right away, alright then.

Awaiting the backstory soon and where's Fuko?!
Dec 11, 2017 8:33 AM

Jul 2016
This episode was the best thing I've watched this year. Yes, this single episode. I have no more words to say.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Jan 24, 2018 8:06 PM
Jul 2017
That was some of the heaviest shit ive ever seen. 3 incredibly heart-deatroying scenes, one after another. I always thought tis show was a little overrated... until now!
Jan 25, 2018 8:39 PM
May 2013
this is a seinen and people wanting to see an on-screen kiss over anything else really put me off and make me think they're 16 yr olds at most. you can't miss the point any harder than this
Aug 20, 2018 1:18 PM
Apr 2018
Jesus, Japan is a harsh place, Tomoya got kicked out because of his father. To me the proposal wasn't totally intentional, imo it was "a heat of the moment". We'll see how serious he was.
May 25, 2019 4:50 AM

Mar 2017
WOAH! This episode was heavy. And finally those Clannad tears that I often heard so much from started rolling for me, too. I just thought things happened a little too fast in this episode, we got one entire backstory for a side character, and a whole lot of development for our main character's story, and it even ended on another big bombshell being dropped.

Some great drama, but as others have pointed out, I finally want the two of them to KISS! Is that too much to ask for?

/edit: ACtually, it seems others have pointed out that a kiss would be terrible and they are glad that they apparently never kiss? I guess I misunderstood. I don't know why it would be seen as such an awful thing to see them kiss on-screen... I just think it is a natural part of a relationship between lovers, is it not? Especially if they are getting married and presumably want to have children. I don't know how a kiss between them would destroy that bond honestly.

Whatever.
Jul 11, 2019 11:35 AM

Feb 2017
"Because to live was the ugliest act."
Jul 20, 2019 2:54 PM

Jul 2016
Yoshino's backstory always seems a bit pointless. It's not like he even does much for the rest of the show.

But those last few minutes... gets me everytime.
Jul 26, 2019 11:26 AM
Apr 2016
Tomoya's father sure is horrible, he doesn't understand at all that his actions result in consequences that don't involve him alone. Tomoya broke down in rage, anger, luckily Nagisa stopped him. Beautiful ending.
Sep 29, 2019 9:50 AM

Feb 2019
This is beyond amazing. Yoshino's past was sad, but the highlight of this episode is still that final moment with Tomoya proposing to Nagisa. Not a dramatic, romantic, planned moment, but something just natural. I've been waiting for that proposal for 11 episodes lol

Yay! Tomoya and Nagisa getting married soon!

Also, I just realised this but is Nagisa one year older than Tomoya because she repeated a year? And was Ibuki already a teacher when she met Yoshino? So Yoshino is also younger than his wife?
Mar 13, 2020 8:42 PM

Jul 2016
With the correct narrative, Yusuke's backstory could easily have been a great arc.

Quite strong episode this time. The marriage proposal at the end sure was unexpected and more of a "heat of the moment" action but the events that led to it were handled in a quite satisfying way. Overall, a really nice sequence.
Oct 7, 2020 4:28 AM

Jan 2020
Yoshino's story got to me....
What a beautiful episode!!! Absolutely loved it
Oct 11, 2020 2:40 AM

Jun 2020
I really thought that they were about to kiss I mean it was a perfect opportunity to kiss there and yet, well they are having a slow relationship so that will be the reason but I'm not satisfied yet I wanna see them KISS! If possible.

Well Okazaki's dad was such a letdown just when Okazaki is about to have a good life and then he comes in talked about perfect timing.
Jan 10, 2021 7:30 AM

May 2019
Nicely handled overall episode. Interesting backstory for Yusuke. Facing with harsh reality of society is trully life learning experience. Such a bad timing for his father to get arrested. Nice development for Tomoya and Nagisa. Heading for better direction this time around. Keep it up.

Feb 13, 2021 1:05 PM

Apr 2017
Wow, I am speechless, they showed Yoshino's backstory in half of an episode, why couldn't they do that with the first 8 episodes, they could have saved so much time and focus it on Nagisa and Tomoya's relationship.

Any kind of job that rejects you because of the sins of your father is not a place you want to work at.
cunnysseur
Mar 11, 2021 1:37 PM
Mar 2021
I truly did love this episode of Clannad just one thing that I don't like is the pacing of Okazaki's and Nagisa's relationship. Another user said this already towards the top of the discussion page but we haven't even seen them kiss yet, so for Okazaki to not only pop the question, but he was in a heightened state of emotion, I don't think it was a good idea to do. Nonetheless, I still really loved this episode and I gave it a 5/5.
Jul 3, 2021 12:17 AM
Jan 2021
I was a little depressed after this episode. Might stop watching for a while to move on from the trauma.
Nov 9, 2021 12:44 AM

Aug 2018
Just beautiful, this feels like a start to very great moments in the future and the whole marriage thing feels very wholesome and sweet
Jan 18, 2022 4:08 PM

Jan 2016
Yoshino sounds like an edgy teenager. Here I thought we were focusing on Nagisa and Tomoya but now it seems like they are really doing a Yoshino arc???

Yoshino my man. If someone else commits a crime it is their issue. Why would it affect you that much?

For how long have they been driving?

Thank goodness Yoshino didn't become a three-episode arc. Glad this arc actually helped teach Okazaki a lesson about protecting the things he loves.

Before he answers the call, I am guessing it's the dad.

After the call: Well close enough I guess.

Apparently, he was dealing drugs or something. Why would they care about his dad doing something wrong? It's not the dad they are hiring...

I have a feeling Nagisa will die or something.
Sulfur2Jan 18, 2022 4:16 PM
May 12, 2022 6:39 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
These recent episodes were basically giving me a pummelling in the feels, slowly hitting harder and harder until I inevitably get knocked out by the final K.O.

I hope Tomoya holds onto Nagisa forever and never lets go.

Before the train of feels gets up to full speed however, I think I'm going to go watch episode 23 first which apparently is just some feel-good filler occurring during our characters' previous year in high school. Then I'll come back and watch the remaining episodes non-stop until the end.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 7, 2022 2:16 AM

Jul 2021
no no i'm not crying u r

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 20, 2022 9:06 PM
Feb 2021
I can't imagine that its a great idea to get married if you hate yourself. Show's at it's halfway point, so I'm looking forward to if they'll address that or not, but as it stands, it was a pretty good episode. Really enjoyed the senpai's backstory as well.
Feb 19, 2023 1:57 PM
Aug 2020
words can't describe some things. This episode is one of them.
Mar 6, 2023 8:50 AM
Feb 2023
The proposal felt kinda random ngl but it was really enjoyable seeing Yoshino's backstory.

On a sidenote I really hope that Tomoya repairs his relationship with his dad :(
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1171 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jello - Mar 8, 2009

285 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 11, 2009

135 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quentinlau - Feb 19, 2009

177 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

728 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.