Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 22, 2013 7:08 PM
Oct 2007
Holy nopan loli fanservice batman. Why did they paint that stupid Mike Tyson tattoo on her face? Kud shows promise, Komari is still full retard character though
Mar 25, 2013 4:59 PM
Jun 2011
No matter how black the night, always remember that the sun will rise, and know this to be true because you are alive.

I honestly waited to watch this one.
But any other Key show I'd have run away at the first sign of trouble.
Any other show at all.

My pledge to this one is courage.
I won't run, I'll be the person that I was supposed to become, but failed to be.
Just this once, I'll be the friend I always tried to be.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Mar 25, 2013 5:02 PM
Jun 2011
Matas said:
What an awful episode.

How sad that some people can't see the beauty in life for want of its imperfections.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Mar 26, 2013 2:07 PM

Dec 2009
Marow said:
The best arc so far (anime only viewer).
Mar 27, 2013 9:21 AM

Apr 2009
well this episode was just stupid.
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Mar 27, 2013 8:06 PM

Jun 2011
wtf???? how dafuq did her break that chain???
went down to 6/10 again
Mar 27, 2013 8:29 PM

Sep 2012
nelsonbrabra said:
went down to 6/10 again

It's not supposed to make sense yet without understanding the Secret of the World. I know it won't change your opinion anyway. It's been heavily hinted since the beginning of Mio's arc that the world doesn't function normally, and that fantasy/supernatural events can occur, and they're part of a later plot point.

The "useless gear" being able to break her chain is supposed to symbolize Kud tosses away the notion that she herself is a "useless gear", and is an unnecessary part of the world, an underachiever that no one cares about. It's not supposed to make sense literally that the scene can happen.
Mar 27, 2013 8:37 PM

Jun 2011
Vladz0r said:
nelsonbrabra said:
went down to 6/10 again

It's not supposed to make sense yet without understanding the Secret of the World. I know it won't change your opinion anyway. It's been heavily hinted since the beginning of Mio's arc that the world doesn't function normally, and that fantasy/supernatural events can occur, and they're part of a later plot point.

The "useless gear" being able to break her chain is supposed to symbolize Kud tosses away the notion that she herself is a "useless gear", and is an unnecessary part of the world, an underachiever that no one cares about. It's not supposed to make sense literally that the scene can happen.

Yeah, that was an arc that i think they ruined with that supernatural thing.just when i was startin to like the anime they finished that arc in that way. hope the "Secret of the world" can explain all this stuffs, cuz that's the only thing that's keepin my interest on this
Mar 27, 2013 9:11 PM

Feb 2013
nelsonbrabra said:

Yeah there was quite a bit lost in the adaptation, the episode was good, but was obviously too short to showcase everything it wanted to.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Apr 4, 2013 12:04 PM

Oct 2009
I think this is suffering from the bad adaption syndrome. The VN seems so much better. It's sad.
Apr 4, 2013 12:22 PM

Dec 2012
Aurorae said:
I think this is suffering from the bad adaption syndrome. The VN seems so much better. It's sad.

For how difficult it is to actually turn the VN into an anime, I'd say this is very well adapted. Everyone seems to think that you can just throw this together and hope everything works out. You can't. Little Busters wasn't picked up by other studios due to how hard it is to adapt. Some of the people working on this anime are some of the best in the industry. Hell, I believe the Series Compositor for LB has worked on One Piece as the Story Boarder and Screenwriter. The episode director worked on Hayate no Gotoku and Toradora. The main director worked on Azumanga Daioh and Digimon Adventure the Movie. Notice that the animes being named are big animes that have known to be very well done and made. I think JC have done this better than anyone else could've.
Apr 5, 2013 6:00 PM

Feb 2012
I liked the previous episode more, but I have to say Kud's arc is my favourite so far. I'm not sure I like the music as much now that I think about it, though I think it may just be the placement of it more than the music itself. This episode seemed to use tracks (especially sad ones) that have been used many times in previous episodes to the point that they just felt overused and I actually noticed they were playing.

I feel like J.C. Staff could have included more variety.
Apr 7, 2013 6:41 AM

Oct 2012
Kudryavka Strike Backs!
Remind me of something 0_0

Well, Kud stay awkward & clumsy
Also teleportation is exist XD
"Signature removed"
Apr 10, 2013 4:50 PM

May 2012
lmao, this episode added some v00d00 magic to break duh chainz
Apr 11, 2013 3:48 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, a really touching episode.. :/ Though I can't believe the rebels did that to a little girl.. She is the daughter of a woman they hate but still, it's not like she has done them anything wrong.. Putting an iron chain on her arm and not letting her touch the floor (at least it looked like she only touched the water). That must have hurt so fucking bad!
How were they able to rebel anyway? I don't think it's that easy to get so many weapons on a former Soviet island with space travel bases o.O And killing civilists who just happen to live there is so fucking wrong.. too bad that this happens not only in the anime or movies..

The gear that travelled from Riki's to Kud's hands was kind of stupid in my opinion. I don't know if it was only to show that their emotions were bound together or if it really did happen so she could free herself, but I didn't really like that. (I'm not against supernatural things in general)

And I would have liked to see Kud finally meeting her mother again, that part should have been shown D:

But a really nice episode overall.
Apr 11, 2013 4:17 PM

Sep 2012
RiukixD said:

The gear that travelled from Riki's to Kud's hands was kind of stupid in my opinion. I don't know if it was only to show that their emotions were bound together or if it really did happen so she could free herself, but I didn't really like that. (I'm not against supernatural things in general)

And I would have liked to see Kud finally meeting her mother again, that part should have been shown D:

But a really nice episode overall.

It'll make sense by Refrain, and if you read up more about Kud's route after watching or reading Refrain and understanding the Secret of the World.
That being said, I still take the metaphor for Kud and Riki using the very "useless gear" that Kud believes herself to be, in order to break free from her self-imposed guilt and regret. It's still hard to make complete literal sense of Kud's route, because it's not intended to be anything but metaphorical during that scene.
Apr 28, 2013 2:52 AM

Aug 2009
Having only watched the anime version, no idea what Kyousuke meant by the "repeating mistake" or whatever... Gear telelported o.O! Need some deciphering for those but other than that, a nicely finished episode :)
Apr 28, 2013 7:23 AM

Sep 2012
sirhcnil said:
Having only watched the anime version, no idea what Kyousuke meant by the "repeating mistake" or whatever... Gear telelported o.O! Need some deciphering for those but other than that, a nicely finished episode :)

Mmm you won't understand it completely until you realize the Secret of the World, but it's essentially through Riki's willpower that he was able to save Kud.
Don't spoil the secret though.
May 12, 2013 9:34 AM

May 2012
Holy Jesus! That was just simply amazing! In the beginning it was YES her mother is safe but it's way to soon there's something not right, and then she gets kidnapped! What really amazed me was that supernatural part with the gear that really made it beautiful and interesting all together! Really great everything was solved in the end and that everyones back together and happy! One awesome chapter ending! Lets see what's next!
May 31, 2013 3:15 AM

Sep 2011
I'm so glad she is back :)

Really...they had to get her naked?
And the others giving Kud power (literally, lol) was kind of cheesy :D I hope it will be explained with the secret of the world and all.

I guess the other episodes will be either the common ones or maybe Rin's route, since I don't think they will start a new one just for 3 episodes.

Again, I'm continuing my theory about the whole secret and thing going on here, look at your own risk.
RazielZeroMay 31, 2013 3:35 AM
May 31, 2013 4:39 AM

Jan 2013
I'm glad to see you're giving the topic so much thought and make good use of your imagination ^^
Jun 13, 2013 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
Another pretty good arc.
Would have liked to see Kud meeting her mother for the first time.
5/5 for the episode.
Jun 23, 2013 11:08 PM

Jun 2012
These spoilers are confusing me.
Jun 24, 2013 12:49 AM

Sep 2012
Akushumi said:
These spoilers are confusing me.

They're spoilers from later on the visual novel.
You probably shouldn't read them. Luckily, most of the people here are pretty respectful and keep the spoilers written in a purposely vague way in case anime-only watchers come across them ^^
Jul 2, 2013 2:09 PM

Dec 2009
Those gears teleported? What the heck!
Jul 2, 2013 9:56 PM

Sep 2012
blazehero said:
Those gears teleported? What the heck!

That's what I was saying o_o
Jul 17, 2013 3:09 AM

Nov 2011
I loved this episode the most so far xD
Really good drama in this anime though thats what you should expect from Key xD
Jul 18, 2013 4:40 AM

Nov 2012
damn.. this episode make me really speechless :'D
that moment when kud's haven get exploded by rocket! my reaction was like *AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA KUDDDDDDDDDDDDDD*
and then this scene appear

Stark700 said:

Holy shit:

and then my reaction was like "HOLY S------ -_- kud going to DIE OH AWJDIAW OD" -_-
Jul 18, 2013 6:55 AM

Sep 2009
Lol. I really thought I've finished this series XD
I didn't remember that I stop watching in the episode 22...

Hmmm, this is a nice episode. I wonder why they didn't explain what happened between Kudo and Riki in the cave. How was she able to escape that chain? Does Riki have a power? o.o
Jul 18, 2013 7:26 AM

Sep 2012
Zel_Ezl said:
Lol. I really thought I've finished this series XD
I didn't remember that I stop watching in the episode 22...

Hmmm, this is a nice episode. I wonder why they didn't explain what happened between Kudo and Riki in the cave. How was she able to escape that chain? Does Riki have a power? o.o

It'll be understood by the next season of Little Busters.
Jul 26, 2013 4:39 PM
Jul 2010
sirhcnil said:
Having only watched the anime version, no idea what Kyousuke meant by the "repeating mistake" or whatever...

Same here, LB! is progressively losing me...
Aug 7, 2013 4:22 PM

Dec 2012
I feel like they really could have emphasized the emotions a little bit more rather than just... wish upon a star and BLAM you're free. But overall, I'm satisfied.

But these Refrain flashbacks..
I played the VN but my mind is full of fuck now.
Thanks.
Aug 21, 2013 10:08 PM

Jan 2013
I don't have much idea about what's going on... but Kyouske DEFINITELY knows something nobody else knows.

Best episode yet. Best arc yet. I wish they would have stretched the arc 1 more episode though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2013 9:10 AM

Feb 2011
And so teleportation was invented -_-

Didn't liked how this arc concluded and that fanservice either.
Nov 22, 2013 9:38 AM

Mar 2008
Wow... great.
So she got out of that cave but didn't her house got destroyed or something?
Where did she went afterwards?
There's no real closure at all..
Also fking teleported gear as well as being able to destroy the chains... =_= Maeda always uses the same stuff (=supernatural;magic) to solve problems, lol
Vanessa-Nov 22, 2013 9:50 AM
Jan 21, 2014 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

No, there is something here that is not right, where's the tag supernatural? XD
Too bad a lot of jars that point in the narrative, what else is known.
Plot that partially ruin the bow, up to that time the drama was good and even the flashbacks gave some interest, but the one thing that magically teleports gear will weigh on the final vote if you do not explain it to me in the future! ^ ^ "
BGM good, too bad in the end for that point! ^ ^ "
Oh well ...
Feb 14, 2014 5:00 PM

Dec 2013
terrablu2003 said:
4/5

No, there is something here that is not right, where's the tag supernatural? XD
Too bad a lot of jars that point in the narrative, what else is known.
Plot that partially ruin the bow, up to that time the drama was good and even the flashbacks gave some interest, but the one thing that magically teleports gear will weigh on the final vote if you do not explain it to me in the future! ^ ^ "
BGM good, too bad in the end for that point! ^ ^ "
Oh well ...

It's tagged supernatural in MAL
Mar 14, 2014 4:54 AM

Apr 2009
Seano299 said:
Aversa said:
Seano299 said:
Why? Kyoani didn't pick it up because they knew they'd butcher it. Seriously, if they could do well, they would've done it. But they knew they couldn't pull it off. I feel JC are actually doing an amazing job with it and a better job than Kyoani probably would've.
I disagree i am not familiar with the VN but i can't call this good previous works from Key that where animated where much better then this is and those where done by Kyoani.
This just fails to deliver the emotions the previous works did.

But Air, Kanon AND Clannad were all easier to adapt. It was fairly straight forward and also note that Kyoani's explanation at the endings were always downright terrible. The ending to Clannad AS was so vague and confusing that it sort of ruined it all. It'd be even worse if that happened to LB as it's the part of the story that explains everything. It's also what makes the VN so hard to adapt
So overall, I think JC are doing better than how KyoAni would've done, because they were obviously clueless as to how to make it.

How the hell Riki transported those gear.?! @____@
Yeah right, I still prefer that KyoAni have done this. They really know how to play with the viewer's emotion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2014 2:37 AM

Aug 2013
Yay welcome back Kud! But wait...teleporting gears? I'm confused XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 25, 2014 6:51 AM

Jun 2011
Wow, something is going down there, the teleportation and shit.. So, is this the end of "Kud arc"? That's rather disappointing. I didn't even feel bad, let alone cry.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 13, 2014 8:12 AM

Jul 2013
I'm soo confuse with the random teleportation, but I'm glad Kud's arc is over.
Sep 24, 2014 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, Riki mastered teleportation!

More seriously, those rebels were a bunch of sickos. Hanging and to put naked a little girls. Hope they bombed their hiding, those fuckers »:(

I thought their reunion would be more touching though, like they would wait for her at the airport or something like this.

I'm beginning to think that those message come from Kyousuke. He told Kud a very odd thing in the last episode. It looked like he could foresee the future.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 25, 2014 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
Absolutely amazing arc. I love you, Kud! X3
Oct 26, 2014 5:00 AM

Aug 2014
Glad everything turned out well :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 13, 2015 8:48 PM

Feb 2013
Riot? Rebels? The hell is going on there?!

Kyousuke is definitely up to or knows something. "Do't repeat it." What? Repeat what? What is going on?! That gear teleported to where Kud is from Riki's hands! Thank you, Dues Ex Machina. Where would Key be without you? XD I really do hope that is explained in someway. It casued Riki some pain so I'm guessing that will play a part later.

Didn't expect to see Kud's bare butt. lol

Also it appears that Mio and Haruka are back. It seems like they never left since no on pointed it out.

Thank you, Dues Ex Machina. Where would Key be without you? XD

Kyousuke, what are you up to?
Jun 27, 2015 7:55 AM

Apr 2010
Beautiful ending of this arc. I love Kudryavka's story. :)
Aug 13, 2015 9:26 AM

May 2009
Hmm not sure what to think of this arc. Some parts seemed rushed. Can imagine that during a VN you get more of a "wtf?! nooo!" type of feeling. The moment her mother got in an accident was actually a shocking moment but everything eventually turned out well. I was expecting some real drama at this point (having watched a lot of Key series). The story was nice I guess but somehow it didn't get to me.

Hope to find out more about this "secret" of the world thing. Surely at this point the teleporting thing didn't make sense at all. (again: I haven't read the VN)
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Nov 30, 2015 2:15 PM

Mar 2010
Im a lil confused but it didnt feel rushed to me they took it easier they shouldve done it with the other arcs ;) hmm not sure if i consider it thr best arc actually since i still think harukas arc gave me the most feels :)

I didnt play the VN so some things got rlly confusing but theyve alread ybeen mentioned above
Jan 11, 2016 7:59 PM

Jan 2010
well...this episode is the true term for "that escalated quickly"...shiii

even though they could have done it better, it was awesome

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 25, 2016 5:32 AM
Feb 2009
wafter kud-o butt naked lol
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.