Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 26, 2012 1:01 PM

Jul 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
Good episode indeed. There are some episode that I enjoyed, but there are others I didn't. So I'd say that my enjoyment on LB! is inconsistent.

Maybe because the series itself is inconsistent. I just hope this episode is a hint that the direction is getting better.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Nov 26, 2012 2:20 PM

Jan 2010
Surprisingly I really enjoyed that episode but that's because of Kud :3

But I'm noticing a few things before.
The character models are quite slim
I'm sure Sagiusa VA changed?
Veering away from the original themes, seem to be more generally focused towards people being bullied.
And last but not least what maybe a minor concern but may become more frequent is the use of white in the background. For example instead of filling in the background they just white it out.
Life is a game
Nov 26, 2012 2:32 PM

Aug 2011
Really? Compared to the vn i feel like they all look thicker (except masato)
Id rather have a white background than a rediculous lightning bolt or still fire, or speed lines.
Although we really shouldnt be getting any other background drop besides the actual background setting.........
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Nov 26, 2012 2:50 PM
Jul 2012

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for large images.
LunaNov 26, 2012 8:59 PM
Nov 26, 2012 3:06 PM

Sep 2012
Most characters are quite faithful to their VN counterparts. Kurugaya is a little more...rounded (?) rather than angular, but the effect is minor.

Kud looks a little different. I can't put my finger on why, but as before, it's minor.

Masato looks thinner than his VN sprite, but if you watch the ending sequence, you see that his proportions are pretty much like the anime's. The sprite makes him look a little broad around the torso.
Nov 26, 2012 4:28 PM

May 2011
I didn't like Kud at first, but she's starting to grow on me. The student president or whomever has an annoying voice. It's horribly low for such a cute character design. At least it's not unbearable like blondie (I won't even bother to try to remember her name).

Needs more Rin. I want my Rin arc.
Nov 26, 2012 4:41 PM
Jul 2012
LEGOF said:
I didn't like Kud at first, but she's starting to grow on me. The student president or whomever has an annoying voice. It's horribly low for such a cute character design. At least it's not unbearable like blondie (I won't even bother to try to remember her name).

I guess Kanata's design was kind of cute it's just that we never find her cute because of the way she acts.
Nov 26, 2012 4:41 PM

May 2011
LEGOF said:

That will have to wait till the end since her's is the central arc (unless they do her partial arc beforehand).
Nov 26, 2012 4:55 PM

Jun 2012
Continuing what was said on page 9, if Kyoto Animation was doing it then this show wouldn't seem so... "inconsistent." That's all.

Nonetheless, still a fairly interesting episode.
Nov 26, 2012 5:48 PM
Jul 2012
Seems like Noumi (I think that's her name) is a better person than I thought.

and lol at the black hair girl with the big tits, cant room with anyone because she's a lesbo :p She's gets points for that. I also spotted Obama in the book she was holding! When Kud was comparing herself to her.

Masato is still the best person in this show.

This was an alright episode. I'm enjoying the series and waiting for the next dramatic thing to happen.
Nov 26, 2012 7:15 PM

Sep 2011
keymedley420 said:
deathxempress said:
Another boring one.

your comment is more boring than this episode.

Honestly speaking, if I watch this as an anime viewer and doesn't have a single knowledge about the VN, I may found this episode boring.

Nov 27, 2012 9:20 AM

Jan 2010
Sa-chan_ said:
keymedley420 said:
deathxempress said:
Another boring one.

Honestly speaking, if I watch this as an anime viewer and doesn't have a single knowledge about the VN, I may found this episode boring.

Thing is the initial viewers are starting to go.
Those who wanted something like a romance or drama are leaving.
The VN readers or starting to also leave.

What's left are the people who are sentimental and the fans of the VN Who are just watching the VN.

Personally if I did not read the VN then I would not be following.

Most of you might be thinking that I'm wrong and it's a good adaptation but judging from how previous Key VNs have been produced we'll get a Second adaptation which will be even better.
Life is a game
Nov 27, 2012 9:30 AM

Aug 2011
Actually theres still quite alot of viewers. According to mal, more people are watching this than robotics notes, bakuman 3, sukiitte.

But still Way Less viewers than Psychopass, k, Chuunibyou, Tonari no kaibutsu.

Those of which have more than double the amount of viewers
Nov 27, 2012 9:43 AM

May 2010
The Ice Queen ehh? anyway usally i cant stand character like Kud but for some reason i find her very likable
Nov 27, 2012 10:07 AM

Nov 2010
People, please stop comparing Little Busters! JC Staff edition with Little Busters! KyoAni edition which is probably will never exists.

It's okay for the first few episodes, but this is already the eighth episode. Please just quit if you didn't like this.

============================================

About the episode itself, just like everybody here, I also liked this much more than the usual LB! anime standard. Not because I'm a Kud fan, but the direction and chemistry works really better. I also like their decision to keep Masato in "bringing goods" scene, and their decision to pick Kanata as Kud roommate(plus their decision to flash a bit of her good side). I hope they will keep this up.

Anyway, even in the VN, I found the early part of Little Busters! was also boring at times. Although most jokes and general direction are better in the VN, the anime cut a lot of dull narration and dialogues. Plus, they also add some more interactions that make the "friendship" theme felt better. Not like the "Riki - Other people" two sided only interactions that could be found in the most parts of VN.

The only fault here are :
1. WB allocate too little budget. > It's not JC's fault.
2. Director is bad > It's only partly JC's fault since only few studios like KyoAni that have their own internal director.

People just like to blame JC for everything. Please stop this, they're a decent studio that just tends to do a hit or miss (and they produced a lot of hit, too)

====================================

Also, lol'ed at Haruka's quote :

p.s I just realized that :

Haruka + Kanata = Haruka Kanata (the infamous 1st naruto OP, lol)
zeroyuki92Nov 27, 2012 10:17 AM
Nov 27, 2012 10:21 AM
Jul 2012
zeroyuki92 said:
People, please stop comparing Little Busters! JC Staff edition with Little Busters! KyoAni edition which is probably will never exists.

It's okay for the first few episodes, but this is already the eighth episode. Please just quit if you didn't like this.

About the episode itself, just like everybody here, I also liked this much more than the usual LB! anime standard. Not because I'm a Kud fan, but the direction and chemistry works really better. I also like their decision to keep Masato in "bringing goods" scene, and their decision to pick Kanata as Kud roommate(plus their decision to flash a bit of her good side). I hope they will keep this up.

Anyway, even in the VN, I found the early part of Little Busters! was also boring at times. Although most jokes and general direction are better in the VN, the anime cut a lot of dull narration and dialogues. Plus, they also add some more interactions that make the "friendship" theme felt better. Not like the "Riki - Other people" two sided only interactions that could be found in the most parts of VN.

2. Director is bad > It's only partly JC's fault since only few studios like KyoAni that have their own internal director.

People just like to blame JC for everything. Please stop this, they're a decent studio that just tends to do a hit or miss (and they produced a lot of hit, too)

====================================

Also, lol'ed at Haruka's quote :

p.s I just realized that :

Haruka + Kanata = Haruka Kanata (the infamous 1st naruto OP, lol)

Saigusa is written as 3 Branches and Futaki is written as two trees.
Nov 27, 2012 10:54 AM

Jul 2011
Phainx said:
Sa-chan_ said:
keymedley420 said:
deathxempress said:
Another boring one.

Thing is the initial viewers are starting to go.
Those who wanted something like a romance or drama are leaving.
The VN readers or starting to also leave.

What's left are the people who are sentimental and the fans of the VN Who are just watching the VN.

Personally if I did not read the VN then I would not be following.

Most of you might be thinking that I'm wrong and it's a good adaptation but judging from how previous Key VNs have been produced we'll get a Second adaptation which will be even better.

Eh, I think you're wrong. Looking at MAL popularity rankings, I noticed that after Komari's arc the popularity of anime raised well. If I remember, before that it was in #610 position. Now we have around 7000 more people watching.

blubberflub said:
Actually theres still quite alot of viewers. According to mal, more people are watching this than robotics notes, bakuman 3, sukiitte.

But still Way Less viewers than Psychopass, k, Chuunibyou, Tonari no kaibutsu.

Those of which have more than double the amount of viewers

More than Sukitte? Didn't expect that. I'm not watching it, but I though that it was more popular.

About the others you mentioned:

R;N: suffers from the same problem as LB!. "Nothing happens", people forget that VN adaptations tend to be slow. Homever, I find R;N to be too much slow. Also, characters are meh.

Bakuman 3: not watching... Because I couldn't take more than the first season. Too boring, maybe I should read the manga.

Chuunibyou: One word: KyoAni. I know is terrible to bring that word in a LB! topic, but the fact is that this studio really knows how to work hard and deliver polished works - and nice animation draws people, you know.

K: nice animation draws people, you know. [2] Actually K received a lot of bashing when it showed stupid choices for the plot, but then, Fanservice for everyone! And cool blue and green filters! (I like it, but yeah, it's nothing exceptional.)

Psycho-Pass: Production IG doing cool crime/sci-fi series with Butch Gen. Not so well directed, but full of concepts, style and gore that attracts people. Also, it has an Egoist ED song!

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun: SLEEPER HIT OF THE SEASON. Best new series, counting with shoujos antics that a lot of people likes + fantastic humour and charisma + extremely well-producted. As expected from an A+ Team working with Brains Base.

zeroyuki92 said:

This. This is what I've been trying to say around Twitter and Little Busters forums* every week.

I mentioned earlier that Tastuyuki Nagai would be a good choice for director of second season, because yeah, he done a splendid work with Toradora and Railgun (which I didn't watch) has many praises from its fans. Both are anime produced by JC Staff.
That's why I believe JC can do a good work - but they need the best of their team. Brains Base, a studio so hyped these days, for example, does some crappy works when the team working on them is not so good.

But I'll be honest, I think JC is too used to failures and souless productions. Bakuman first season and Maid-sama were kinda boring, Arcana Famiglia was crap and from Winter 2011 to now I couldn't finish anything produced by them (not even the so-hyped Ano Natsu). Will Little Busters be their so awaited great hit? If I won't get better, I doubt it.

*Not just in MAL forums.
MiyamorisNov 27, 2012 11:36 AM

Nov 27, 2012 1:17 PM

Oct 2012
Am I the only one that thinks rin is way cuter then kud lol?
'Stay gold'
-Nenthus
Nov 27, 2012 2:28 PM

Feb 2012
Nenthus said:

I do :D

Atleast in the anime~
I'm an anime-only viewer btw.
Nov 27, 2012 3:11 PM

Jul 2011
Nenthus said:

I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS UNIVERSE.
Rin is completely adorable, but I like her design more in the VN.

Nov 27, 2012 4:35 PM

Nov 2009
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Nenthus said:

Oh jesus! Thank you! People who think Rin is cuter than Kud! I mean, Kud is adorable and all, but I think Rin beats her.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Nov 27, 2012 5:04 PM

Mar 2011
Ha, love the art style this series has.

I too should join the 'must play the VN' brigade!
Nov 27, 2012 6:15 PM

Aug 2011
WAFU!

Kud>Others>Rin
Nov 27, 2012 6:27 PM

Jan 2012
kud looking for roommate... she is so adorable~~ kawaiiiii

i just knew that kurugaya is into yuri. of course she won't be able to resist kud's cuteness X3 ~~

looking forward to next episode
Nov 27, 2012 7:06 PM
Nov 2010

^
This made the all episode
Nov 27, 2012 10:04 PM

May 2012
The prez out of all people lol. I mean she could've of choose Rin.
Nov 27, 2012 10:06 PM

Aug 2011
Gahara_18 said:

interesting fact: Kud and Rin used to be room mates and they never talked to each other once.
Nov 28, 2012 1:24 AM

Sep 2012
blubberflub said:
Gahara_18 said:

interesting fact: Kud and Rin used to be room mates and they never talked to each other once.

They seem to have changed that in the anime. Also, I noticed that in the anime Strelka and Belka are Kud's dogs, whereas in the VN they aren't.
SleepingEntityNov 28, 2012 1:28 AM
Nov 28, 2012 4:55 AM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
blubberflub said:
Gahara_18 said:

They seem to have changed that in the anime. Also, I noticed that in the anime Strelka and Belka are Kud's dogs, whereas in the VN they aren't.

Strelka and Belka has always been Kud's dogs though?
Nov 28, 2012 9:13 AM

Jun 2012
I dunno how many of you have played the visual novel, but in some cases Rin is more adorable than Kud. And I'm NOT talking about the CG of her and Komari in the shower (seriously). She is just cute in some pictures, moreso than Kud.

At the very least, it is NOT Kud > Everyone else > Rin
Nov 28, 2012 10:19 AM
Jul 2012
ClannadIsLove said:
I dunno how many of you have played the visual novel, but in some cases Rin is more adorable than Kud. And I'm NOT talking about the CG of her and Komari in the shower (seriously). She is just cute in some pictures, moreso than Kud.

At the very least, it is NOT Kud > Everyone else > Rin

But the scene was pretty adorable
Nov 28, 2012 12:56 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:
I think I'm the only anime-only watcher who actually likes this.

I'm an anime only watcher and i enjoy it.

We're the cool ones then.

Hell yeah.

And Kud is a bundle of adorable and hnnnnng and I want a plushie of her for Christmas.

Who wants to get me it? Anyone?
Nov 28, 2012 1:53 PM
Jul 2012
Im pretty sure all the anime-only viewers who didn't like already dropped it. I'm still here and I like this series. The cast is so lovable... except komari.
Nov 28, 2012 3:44 PM

Mar 2012
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Nenthus said:

Me too, i love Rin more than Kud
For me its Saya and Rin. They are my Favorites.

Nov 28, 2012 3:55 PM

Sep 2012
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
blubberflub said:
Gahara_18 said:

Didn't Kud say that she was looking forward to meeting the Disciplinary Committee's dogs? She spoke like she had never met them before.
SleepingEntityNov 28, 2012 3:59 PM
Nov 28, 2012 3:58 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
blubberflub said:
Gahara_18 said:

Didn't Kud say that she was looking forward to meeting the Disciplinary Committee's dogs? She spoke like she had never met them before.

Nah they always belonged to Kud, Her Grandpa sent them, besides Strelka and Belka are names awfully full of East European origin
Nov 28, 2012 4:01 PM

Sep 2012
^Oh right. She did say that she took care of them when they were little.

Wait what the hell then? The dialogue seems a bit messed up...
Nov 28, 2012 9:00 PM

Mar 2012
I'm sure this is old, but I lol'd so figured I'd share in case anyone missed it.

LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 29, 2012 12:26 AM

Sep 2012
Post-Josh said:
I'm sure this is old, but I lol'd so figured I'd share in case anyone missed it.

^Most of us are past the JC bashing stage though. They're really not doing that bad of a job you know.

...and that's not really an "unpopular opinion", so the Rick Perry image macro isn't really appropriate...
Nov 29, 2012 8:39 AM

Mar 2012
As you should be, but no, I don't know (not watching). It seemed to be an unpopular opinion, given Key had to respond to "fan outcry", or whatever.

Either way, no harm meant, just always enjoyed that meme.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 29, 2012 12:28 PM

Dec 2008
Man, Kud was cute in this episode. Every single wafuu got me smiling! :D
Nov 29, 2012 3:34 PM

Sep 2012
Post-Josh said:
As you should be, but no, I don't know (not watching). It seemed to be an unpopular opinion, given Key had to respond to "fan outcry", or whatever.

Either way, no harm meant, just always enjoyed that meme.

It's probably an old image, since, yes, there was a massive outrage at the time. But most of us here have gotten over that.

Ha, my favourite one of this meme is "My pokemon team is all zubats!"
Nov 30, 2012 1:34 AM

Dec 2010
I'd watch a series about Kud and Kurugaya being roommates.
Nov 30, 2012 5:12 PM

Jul 2010
Kud finally found a roommate and it's the disciplinary committee president of all people!

Dec 1, 2012 12:24 AM

May 2011
So this is the famous wafuu by Kud, oh god she can be so amazingly adorable. And damnnn she's got some legit catching skills, didn't think she'd end up being so good at baseball.

Hmmm... so Kanata's actually got a pretty nice side to her, cool. She just went up a bit in my book.
Dec 1, 2012 8:57 AM

Dec 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

I think you should put it in a spoiler box. I don't think anime viewers have known about it
Dec 1, 2012 9:17 AM

Dec 2011
So, Kud reminds me of a ten year old girl, she looked older in VN or am I just imagining things. It just feels wrong liking her now :P But her wafus are still adorable :D
Dec 1, 2012 9:50 AM

Dec 2009
Kud is too cute -_-
Dec 4, 2012 8:47 PM

Apr 2009
Kurugaya hugging Kud at 45-degree angle so she won't suffocate. LOL

I don't know if it's already been mentioned ahead of my post (since I'm obviously lazy reading earlier posts) but...

Yes, let's! XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 11, 2012 10:52 AM

Aug 2008
So much Kud goodness. It's my fave episode thus far ♥
and awww the ending was sweet. Kanata is not that bad afterall.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.