Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 11, 2012 1:28 AM

Jan 2011
To be honest, this had 0 impact on me. The previous episode had impact, but this was just stupid.
How can you cure such a huge problem with stupid fucking book? This isn't realistic, direction sucked.
(fan service when she is depressed? Seriously?)

I don't know what to like about this. Clanned, Kanon really touched me and I'm still watching Air. But this... this is just insulting to Key. Perhaps it does get better. But I predict that (almost) every girl has a trauma, drama and Riki cheering them up with something stupid and than some sort of yay look at our baseball club Little Busters happy!

End of rant, I won't drop this since I like to watch everything. But this does fit the generic fan service harem partly drama maximum 1-cour stuff really, really good. (Prime example: C3 or C^3 or C x C x C or whatever you call it.)
loliowoNov 11, 2012 1:36 AM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 11, 2012 1:34 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Okay, this was one of the weaker episodes despite it being the finale of the Komari arc.

The main gripes I have about this arc is that even though there is this hardcore depressing stuff going on, I found that it was executed too early to have much significance to me but I realise that there are pacing issues and the what not so I get that at least.

I don't know whether it was the same in the VN, but at times, this arc felt cheesy and I almost couldn't take the story seriously at times. The ending of this arc felt kinda lame in my opinion given that there was no significant build up to it.

Anyway, by no means do I feel as if this show is a failure, however the story doesn't feel streamlined as it should (a VN source is absolutely no excuse), and the main direction of the plot (if any?!) still feels as if it has not yet been kick started.

If they plan to run through all the arcs separately resetting everything as they go along then I will reconsider these criticisms as I'm still under the impression that this will be a show that has continuity in its plot.
Nov 11, 2012 1:42 AM

Sep 2011
eltonsu999 said:
Though they may skipped a few important things which may have intensified the mood, it remains a very satisfying end to komari's arc.

I don't know the few important things which it may have intensified the mood. I believe they adapted it well or it's just Komari's story isn't really that good.

OminousFlare said:
Well, one of the reasons I criticize the adaptation so much was because... Clannad's adaptation was almost deadly accurate, and it worked, so I don't see why LB! couldn't be directly adapted as well.

IMO, at least, the adaption is fine. It is just maybe Komari's story isn't really that good overall, even they directly adapt it. Though it may felt rushed, I don't think it will be better.

Nov 11, 2012 1:43 AM

Oct 2012
MasterMeNL said:
To be honest, this had 0 impact on me. The previous episode had impact, but this was just stupid.
How can you cure such a huge problem with stupid fucking book? This isn't realistic, direction sucked.

I don't know what to like about this. Clanned, Kanon really touched me and I'm still watching Air. But this... this is just insulting to Key. Perhaps it does get better. But I predict that (almost) every girl has a trauma, drama and Riki cheering them up with something stupid and than some sort of yay look at our baseball club Little Busters happy!

End of rant, I won't drop this since I like to watch everything. But this does fit the generic fan service harem partly drama maximum 1-cour stuff really, really good. (Prime example: C3 or C^3 or C x C x C or whatever you call it.)

IMO, I really can't call it fanservice. That's because of the mood and probably because I could kinda see the symbolism. At first I wasn't sure why JC showed the shower scene, but then I saw that it was symbolism of her vulnerable and bare from her breakdown. And Riki can only find a shirt cus he is a normal human male who does not happen to have a female uniform in his closet. And remember that he is a lot bigger than Komari so his trousers won't fit
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Nov 11, 2012 1:47 AM

Oct 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
eltonsu999 said:
Though they may skipped a few important things which may have intensified the mood, it remains a very satisfying end to komari's arc.

I don't know the few important things which it may have intensified the mood. I believe they adapted it well or it's just Komari's story isn't really that good.

Oh, it was just the feel of self doubt and what if's that Riki showed in the VN. Also the mental turmoil of Riki deciding whether to stay as her brother or convince her to move forward.
I'm just a sucker for seeing a person's mentality and emotional whirlwind :)
Nov 11, 2012 1:52 AM

Jan 2011
eltonsu999 said:
MasterMeNL said:
- snip -

IMO, I really can't call it fanservice. That's because of the mood and probably because I could kinda see the symbolism. At first I wasn't sure why JC showed the shower scene, but then I saw that it was symbolism of her vulnerable and bare from her breakdown. And Riki can only find a shirt cus he is a normal human male who does not happen to have a female uniform in his closet. And remember that he is a lot bigger than Komari so his trousers won't fit

You do have a point, but the little emotional value for me was completely destroyed because of stupid things like that. Drama series need really good direction and can never be rushed imo. And JC staff is doing just about everything wrong with this imo.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 11, 2012 1:55 AM

Sep 2011
Tensho said:

I don't know whether it was the same in the VN, but at times, this arc felt cheesy and I almost couldn't take the story seriously at times. The ending of this arc felt kinda lame in my opinion given that there was no significant build up to it.

Yes, it's the same in the VN with mild changes and I can say that those mild changes are +. Though unfortunately, this arc adaptation couldn't be better since they already omitted the unnecessary parts that it doesn't give the significance to Komari's story. About the ending, that's the only part it was change though I don't know what's the fitting end for Komari's arc since a romance between Riki and her was omitted. So yeah, it couldn't be also better.

Tensho said:

If they plan to run through all the arcs separately resetting everything as they go along then I will reconsider these criticisms as I'm still under the impression that this will be a show that has continuity in its plot.

This problem only lies to the remaining 4 arcs.

And no, I'm not going to use like "It's in the VN" as an excuse of defense mechanism. I don't not see the problem of Komari's arc adaption. Maybe the pacing issues but no, I don't think that's the problem here. So I'm just going to accept it that her arc isn't really good for most of the viewers.
TennoujiNov 11, 2012 2:09 AM

Nov 11, 2012 2:15 AM

Nov 2009
MasterMeNL said:

I remember My-Hime doing the same with Mai lol but it was better

anyway I didn't like this part, and Komari's story with her brother didn't touch me but the episode picked up after that, and they used some nice music, the episode's conclusion was well done in my opinion and I really liked it.
Nov 11, 2012 2:24 AM

Oct 2012
Best episode so far.
Nov 11, 2012 2:25 AM

Jan 2011
Tensho said:
Okay, this was one of the weaker episodes despite it being the finale of the Komari arc.

The main gripes I have about this arc is that even though there is this hardcore depressing stuff going on, I found that it was executed too early to have much significance to me but I realise that there are pacing issues and the what not so I get that at least.

i was in the same boat you were in when i first read the VN when i finished her arc ( me being quite a softy) i didn't shed a tear or get close to it just felt kinda sad and i was *oh i this all i'm gonna be expecting from now on?* after playing the other arcs i was wrong..and then i hit refrain ;_;

everyone has different things that effect them more than others,i like to think of komari's arc as the first arc to ease you into the rest haha.
Nov 11, 2012 2:28 AM
May 2010
Sa-chan_ said:
eltonsu999 said:

OminousFlare said:
Well, one of the reasons I criticize the adaptation so much was because... Clannad's adaptation was almost deadly accurate, and it worked, so I don't see why LB! couldn't be directly adapted as well.

IMO, at least, the adaption is fine. It is just maybe Komari's story isn't really that good overall, even they directly adapt it. Though it may felt rushed, I don't think it will be better.

Yeah, you don't like Komari's story. We get it. Irrelevant to whether if the adaptation was good enough or not. Next.
Nov 11, 2012 2:34 AM

Sep 2011
OminousFlare said:
Sa-chan_ said:
eltonsu999 said:

OminousFlare said:

Yeah, you don't like Komari's story. We get it. Irrelevant to whether if the adaptation was good enough or not. Next.

I didn't mention that I didn't like her story. I would say it's mediocre. Not that bad but not that really good. But like I said, I don't think this one will be better except the ending because the adaptation is fair enough, IMO.
TennoujiNov 11, 2012 2:53 AM

Nov 11, 2012 2:52 AM

Jun 2012
Komari's problem where she thought Riki was her brother was what exactly had happened in "h2o Footprints In The Sand" with Hirose and Hayami. I keep thinking that 'Komari task' wasn't very original. :/

My happiness is his unhappiness, and his happiness is my unhappiness.
-- Sankarea
Nov 11, 2012 3:05 AM
Aug 2012
This show keeps trying to be really deep and meaningful, and it doesn't seem to be working out very well. And does Riki even lift?
Nov 11, 2012 3:06 AM

Oct 2009
intense happy end !

but i have a little regret, rikki don't hug komari ; ;

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Nov 11, 2012 3:07 AM

Sep 2011
cyb said:

but i have a little regret, rikki don't hug komari ; ;

It's just to avoid romance, sadly.

Nov 11, 2012 3:30 AM

May 2011
Sorayin said:
And does Riki even lift?

Aw come on. Just because he's not like Masato doesn't mean he can't be awesome in his own way.
Nov 11, 2012 3:48 AM

Oct 2012
kenshin_sama said:
Sorayin said:
And does Riki even lift?

Aw come on. Just because he's not like Masato doesn't mean he can't be awesome in his own way.

But if you play through the visual novel, he does if you choose play with masato. Masato thanks Riki and gives him weights which increases Riki's muscles :D
Nov 11, 2012 4:30 AM

May 2010
That smile....I missed that.Looks like Rin finally opened up to Komari.
Nov 11, 2012 4:44 AM

Jun 2011
awesome, I'm in love with this :,)
Nov 11, 2012 5:06 AM
Dec 2011
I dunno, maybe because I played the original VN, that my view is biased..
Nov 11, 2012 6:08 AM
Jul 2012
YOU GOT BLOOD ON YOUR CHEEK DAMMIT
Nov 11, 2012 6:09 AM

May 2008
I am a little sad that it didnt make me as emotional i thought it would , oh well moving on i still really liked this episode and everything that has happened it would be great if they didnt squeeze it into one episode and make a season 2 instead (;3)

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 11, 2012 6:35 AM

May 2011
eltonsu999 said:
kenshin_sama said:
Sorayin said:
And does Riki even lift?

But if you play through the visual novel, he does if you choose play with masato. Masato thanks Riki and gives him weights which increases Riki's muscles :D

You almost had me beat, but not quite. While he did have his strength stats raised because of them, his actual build never improved. Video game logic, don't you love it? XD
Nov 11, 2012 6:52 AM

Jan 2009
Wonder why Komari's family never thought of taking her to a therapist...
Nov 11, 2012 6:59 AM

May 2012
I love Little Busters. <3
Nov 11, 2012 8:13 AM

Nov 2009
good episode, I can feel Key's drama here already. Pretty emo episode, but the emotional impacts weren't enough to make me sad and it seems a little weird with Komari's situation(How come she doesn't remember something important like her brother's death, and the dream part was just unrealistic, but oh well, I will accept it for now). But I guess it just started, so I hope something truly tear-jerking will appear in the future.

And, the artworks in this ep were just beautiful. The background, scenery look very realistic and lively as they were drawn by Makoto Shinkai.

4/5

Just one question for vn player, will there be any fantasy like Clannad, Kanon or not?
Nov 11, 2012 8:13 AM

Jul 2011
Rushed pace --> Unconvincing resolution, Komari turning from despair to super cheerful in a few second at the end was anti-climatic, unfavorable voice acting.

That's my personal opinion of this episode, it's still an ok episode though.
dreznovkNov 11, 2012 8:27 AM
Nov 11, 2012 8:26 AM

Jul 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:

Just one question for vn player, will there be any fantasy like Clannad, Kanon or not?

(putting under spoiler tag just in case)

IMO magic realism works way better in Little Busters than in Clannad, for example.
MiyamorisNov 11, 2012 8:32 AM

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Nov 11, 2012 8:28 AM

May 2011
^Btw, you might wanna spoil tag that.
Takana_no_Hana said:

Simple answer: Yes.

Open the spoiler if you wanna know which arcs will have them.
Nov 11, 2012 8:29 AM
Jul 2012
I expect this to be like Clannad, Kanon, and Air. Like A slice of life but with a hint of supernatural. Except air was like full supernatural.
Nov 11, 2012 8:32 AM

Apr 2010
It was raining pretty much the entire episode and it rained a lot setting a very depressing mood.
Riku's devotion for Komari to realise the truth was impressive and certainly needed during your life you will encounter death it's something you can't avoid wether is someone close or a stray cat.
If every time that happens you go into a depression you will have trouble living your life.
Nov 11, 2012 8:34 AM

Jul 2011
kenshin_sama said:
^Btw, you might wanna spoil tag that.

Oh you're right. Already fixed that.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Nov 11, 2012 8:48 AM

Nov 2007
Insanely happy ending! How I missed such wonderful anime where you are saddened but in the end it brings back sunshine of happiness! Great ending to Shiawase Spiral Theory arc!

That hug in the end from Rin was so damn cute!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 11, 2012 9:59 AM

May 2010
Tyrel said:
Kerozinn said:
its the sixth week in a row and i am AGAIN dying of boredom while watching this.

also Komari is one annoying brat who needs a realitychek and a shrink the most now.

i hate dropping an anime too early but im reaching my limit soon on this one.

2/5

How does she need a reality check?

how blind are you not to see it?
Nov 11, 2012 10:05 AM

May 2011
Kerozinn said:
Tyrel said:
Kerozinn said:
its the sixth week in a row and i am AGAIN dying of boredom while watching this.

also Komari is one annoying brat who needs a realitychek and a shrink the most now.

2/5

I suppose I can understand your loss of understanding, but it does make sense if you think about the psychology behind Komari's story.
Nov 11, 2012 10:18 AM

Jan 2011
danz said:

Therapists in fiction usually are evil
Nov 11, 2012 10:37 AM
Jul 2012
jasque said:
danz said:

Therapists in fiction usually are evil

idk do people
blasterionNov 11, 2012 10:45 AM
Nov 11, 2012 11:06 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode.Despite the rushed ending and some very misplaced fanservice shots of Komari, it's the best one yet.

Best moments for me:
-Masato burying the cat.I liked that little detail in the vn, so I'm glad they kept it here too.It really demonstrates how much of a bro he is.
-The flashback.Besides the awkward blood splatter, I thought it was touching.Almost gave me the same feelings I had when I read it in the vn.OST was really well used here.
-Kyousuke giving Riki advice.Easily my favorite part of the episode.Taking in account Refrain makes it really moving, too.
-Rin helping out.Adorable.
-Everyone supporting Riki.Kyousuke's 'keep going! your drawings are really good' gets me everytime for some reason.
-Riki talking about the Little Busters to Komari.Probably got to me because I've played the vn so I'm really attached to them all as a group.

I also thought this episode was nicely animated.
And we're getting Kanata and more Haruka next week, awesome.I'm probably the only one that likes Kanata here, though.I mean sure, she was pretty much a bitch all throughout Haruka's route but once we got to know why she did what she did I found her pretty likeable.
Nov 11, 2012 11:10 AM
Jul 2012
skapandi said:
Good episode.Despite the rushed ending and some very misplaced fanservice shots of Komari, it's the best one yet.

Best moments for me:
-Masato burying the cat.I liked that little detail in the vn, so I'm glad they kept it here too.It really demonstrates how much of a bro he is.
-The flashback.Besides the awkward blood splatter, I thought it was touching.Almost gave me the same feelings I had when I read it in the vn.OST was really well used here.
-Kyousuke giving Riki advice.Easily my favorite part of the episode.Taking in account Refrain makes it really moving, too.
-Rin helping out.Adorable.
-Everyone supporting Riki.Kyousuke's 'keep going! your drawings are really good' gets me everytime for some reason.
-Riki talking about the Little Busters to Komari.Probably got to me because I've played the vn so I'm really attached to them all as a group.

I also thought this episode was nicely animated.
And we're getting Kanata and more Haruka next week, awesome.I'm probably the only one that likes Kanata here, though.I mean sure, she was pretty much a bitch all throughout Haruka's route but once we got to know why she did what she did I found her pretty likeable.

What I really like was that you see Kengo at the Graveyard scene. I was like... no way. THAT'S KENGO
Nov 11, 2012 11:22 AM

Sep 2011
blasterion said:

What I really like was that you see Kengo at the Graveyard scene. I was like... no way. THAT'S KENGO

Without reading the vn you don't really know it's him though.But yeah, it's cool that they included it.
Nov 11, 2012 11:30 AM

Nov 2010
Negative feedbacks :
- Some of Riki's expression in the beginning are very strange, so unnatural. I expect a lot more of caring expression from his eyes, but why his expression looks like he just went back from a convenience store?
- I rarely found myself disliking Komari's voice, but this time her voice actor failed to do the drama right. Or maybe it's because of direction.
- I always mention bad direction for every episode, right?
- Like everyone had wrote in this thread, they need one more episode to make this episode works.

Positive feedbacks :
+ In contrary, I really liked how they show how Riki got (even more) support from his friends. I hope they continue this trend.
+ And while most of Komari moments miss, they succeed at nailing the (osananjimi, not the new team) Little Busters moments. More ammunition for Refrain.

3.5/5. I still questioning their decision to cram Komari in 3 episodes while they allocate 4 more episodes or more, just for recruiting people.
Nov 11, 2012 12:29 PM

Oct 2012
kenshin_sama said:
eltonsu999 said:
kenshin_sama said:
Sorayin said:
And does Riki even lift?

You almost had me beat, but not quite. While he did have his strength stats raised because of them, his actual build never improved. Video game logic, don't you love it? XD

Ok u beat me in the muscle part(though seeing a muscular Riki sprite would be hilarious) but he still lifts :P

danz said:

This will be surprising for you but this will be explained in due time :)

Kerozinn said:
Tyrel said:
Kerozinn said:

2/5

You have to understand that there are many people in reality have a weak mind and it is very hard for them to deal with sad situations. Sometimes these people will try to escape from reality.

zeroyuki92 said:
I still questioning their decision to cram Komari in 3 episodes while they allocate 4 more episodes or more, just for recruiting people.

4 episodes would definitely make it a lot better but JC must have their reasons. Though I would fear what they would do if they have all the routes in this season. So far we had 3 main route episodes and apparently the next 3 episodes are going to be main route as well? That gives 3 eps for each character. This may work for some routes(maybe?) or may not. Just hoping they have a second season so they can flow out the routes better :D
Nov 11, 2012 12:35 PM

Nov 2010
eltonsu999 said:

zeroyuki92 said:
I still questioning their decision to cram Komari in 3 episodes while they allocate 4 more episodes or more, just for recruiting people.

4 episodes would definitely make it a lot better but JC must have their reasons. Though I would fear what they would do if they have all the routes in this season. So far we had 3 main route episodes and apparently the next 3 episodes are going to be main route as well? That gives 3 eps for each character. This may work for some routes(maybe?) or may not. Just hoping they have a second season so they can flow out the routes better :D

They already announced implicitly that we will got something like a second season, check the news again :p

They probably will pack Rin 2 and refrain in a one cour season, probably along with Saya as an independent bonus.
Nov 11, 2012 12:42 PM

Oct 2012
zeroyuki92 said:
eltonsu999 said:

zeroyuki92 said:

They already announced implicitly that we will got something like a second season, check the news again :p

They probably will pack Rin 2 and refrain in a one cour season, probably along with Saya as an independent bonus.

Yeah I checked that, it says an extra something but its probably going to be a second season. :)

And if they put rin in the next season, then the other routes can actually have 4 eps yay! lol (whoops I thought there was 24 eps in my previous comment. my bad)
Nov 11, 2012 12:55 PM

Jul 2010
Komari finally accepted her brothers death. Glad to see her happy once more.

Haruka next week!

Nov 11, 2012 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
zeroyuki92 said:

- Like everyone had wrote in this thread, they need one more episode to make this episode works.

I'm having a feeling that the remaining arcs will get also 3 episodes each...

Anyway, I hope they will use "Will and Wish" OST when Kanata appears. I just also love that OST.

Nov 11, 2012 1:13 PM

Jul 2011
Komari was beautiful when she didn't understand anything and was talking to her brother ^^

... Still, I like more her happy face! :)

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Nov 11, 2012 2:31 PM

Aug 2011
oh god, i just hope they dont mess up Mio's arc.. idc so much about komari's, it was my least favorite but please dont mess up Mio's.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Nov 11, 2012 3:29 PM

Sep 2012
blubberflub said:
oh god, i just hope they dont mess up Mio's arc.. idc so much about komari's, it was my least favorite but please dont mess up Mio's.

Agreed. Mio's route relies so much on symbolism and poetic fantasy that it would the only arc that would be completely ruined if it was rushed.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.