Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 29, 2012 4:48 AM
Dec 2007
Actually, what's so unexpected about Kurugaya wanting to join in? SHe's just bored, that's all. That's her "reason" in the VN too, regardless of the amount of buildup.

Oct 29, 2012 6:45 AM

Oct 2012
Wow, what a great episode! Unlike a lot of people, I really love Komari (especially when she and Rin do cute friendship things) so I'm glad to see her arc first. I think Kojirou is probably Komari's grandfather or uncle. With Riki considering the possibility in the episode, I suspect that Takuya (I think that was the name on the book...? Sorry, I'm forgetful) probably died. If not I think he may have run away. I don't know why Kojirou wouldn't want to see Komari unless he had something to do with whatever happened to Takuya. But why did her brother draw her the picture book and why did he run away (if he ran away) and why doesn't Komari remember him if he exists? Questions, questions!

So for now, I think that Takuya either died or ran away and Kojirou had something to do with it so he doesn't want to see Komari. <---- My theory for now.

Also, does anyone else really love Riki? Because I really, really love him. I was a bit worried at first looking at his effeminate character design and seeing that he was going to be voiced my girl. I thought it would be weird having a Key anime without a sarcastic protagonist. But I love Riki so much. He's adorable! And actually, he has made some pretty sarcastic comments. He's just not as vocal with his sarcasm as Tomoya or Yuichii. :3
Oct 29, 2012 7:33 AM

Oct 2011
EllieLovesStars said:
Also, does anyone else really love Riki? Because I really, really love him. I was a bit worried at first looking at his effeminate character design and seeing that he was going to be voiced my girl. I thought it would be weird having a Key anime without a sarcastic protagonist. But I love Riki so much. He's adorable! And actually, he has made some pretty sarcastic comments. He's just not as vocal with his sarcasm as Tomoya or Yuichii. :3
I like him also
being surrounded by people like Masato or Kyousuke I like his down to earth attitude.

And I like his voice here - he sounds like a girl a bit but it's way better than VN.
But there he had same VA as Rin... and Sasasegawa Sasami.
Oct 29, 2012 8:29 AM

Aug 2008
SQUEEEEE! It's Kud!
Her Engrish is just lol-worthy but so cute at the same time. ♥
When will Mio appear for real? I'm looking forward to that and her new VA.
Everyone's already been introduced. Don't make me wait any longer J.C Staff. :(
Oct 29, 2012 10:18 AM

Jan 2011
eltonsu999 said:
Mogami-kun said:
I'm going to puke sunshine tasting rainbows with small little butterflies after this episode...
I hope her route will be finished soon, it's getting harder and harder to resists carving out my eardrums from my head every passing episode. And listening to Children of Bodom while watching the episode was...strange.

No ~wafu? What sorcery is this? Also, Kurugaya's, Kud's and Haruka's voices sound a tad bit different from the VN. I wonder if it's the equipment or what. Speaking of Saigusa, at least she had a jahaha this time. 4/5 for the non-Komari parts.

They used Lamplight from the OST, my second favorite LB!-related music, I'm happy for that.

Hmmm, lovely description. I was trying to imagine that but got something beyond human understanding that was both cute and groteque...

Lamplight as second fave ey? Same here :D
My personal fave has to be Approaching Light

I love Incommunicable Message.

I think Lamplight is also my second.
I don't like Approaching light very much...
Oct 29, 2012 11:05 AM

Jan 2010
Sa-chan_ said:
Phainx said:
What I have problem though is why does RIN suddenly become so easygoing regarding human contact when she is in the old home. Isn't she very fearful of human contact? But in the anime she is shown to be doing massage to an old person whom she met for the first time, without any of her friend accompanying her in the room. Does it mean Rin's problem is not as bad as it first appears? Is it portrayed the same in the VN?

Rins supposed to mature with each play through of the VN, and within in the story she is supposed to progress. But it's true that Rin connects to people who likes cats, you should so it with the dorm head and if we're lucky sasami. But there missing important about Rin early on.

I believe someone already answered your question. You couldn't say she's already easy going in your point of view because what we see is still-frames on the Rin massaging the old woman part. And as long as she's guiding her and someone(Cats, cat-lover, one of the guys in Little Busters, anyone that is her acquaintance which is really close to her) is near her to ease her nervousness, she'll do it. I'm referring to the Rin massaging the old woman and Rin on-stage. I don't know if you played the VN but that was explained in the baseball match in your first playthrough.

Phainx said:

But I still have a problem with Kuragya joining as its just too sudden theres no build up.

Are you talking about she tagged along in the retirement center or joining in the Little Busters? Either way, it's simple, she wants to discover something that she'll get some fun. That was already answered/explained on episode 3.

I've played the VN but I just screwed up the quote system it's hard typing on an iPad >.< I ment to quote the person to answer his question. Oh btw do you know how to get 100% of the Cgs? I only have 99% . . .
Life is a game
Oct 29, 2012 12:27 PM

May 2010
Phainx said:
I've played the VN but I just screwed up the quote system it's hard typing on an iPad >.< I ment to quote the person to answer his question. Oh btw do you know how to get 100% of the Cgs? I only have 99% . . .

Maybe you missed Sasami's CG? :)
Oct 29, 2012 1:44 PM
Jul 2012
Fuck riki, and does the story speed up a bit soon?
Oct 29, 2012 2:01 PM

Jun 2009
Aaah apparently I had the wrong expectations for this show. I thought it would be more of a comedy, but I saw in the comments that this show is going to be more of a drama show. This totally changes my view of this anime.

So far nothing really big has happened. All the characters need to be introduced first before the story can really kick in. So we'll begin with Komari's part. Which most likely be a sad part. I wonder what her story is.

So far we got four female main characters. I don't really have a strong favorite right now, because I don't now the background stories of the characters. Kaguraya? (dominate female) is a little cliche for me. You know you have many of those girls, so she's not that special in my eyes. But maybe her story will intrigue me, because so far these are just my first impressions. Komari and Kud are to moe and too child like for my liking. So far Rin is my fav. She's very moe and child like too, but I like her shy personality. We'll see who will be my favorite in the end.

I am still bothered by Riki's voice. If I close my eyes I just hear a woman talking and it kinda ruines my enjoyment of the show. I hope I'll get use to it.

Anyway I'm looking forward for the rest of this show. My expectations are very high for this show, because of all the recommendations. I'm expecting a lot of tears though, according to the many fans here. So far the only anime which brought tears in my eyes were Clannad After Story and Pokemon the First Movie ( I was very young and everyone would cry whilst seeing Pikachu crying). Maybe I cried at more anime shows but those are the only two which came iin to my head atm.
Oct 29, 2012 2:28 PM

Jan 2010
JavierR said:

1) Riki is a cutie! >:/

2) The story is speeding up. We JUST entered into Komari's route and got some drama as well as mystery surrounding her brother and Kojirou.

Yang94 said:
Aaah apparently I had the wrong expectations for this show. I thought it would be more of a comedy, but I saw in the comments that this show is going to be more of a drama show. This totally changes my view of this anime.

:o Whaaaaaaat?! Did you go into this not realizing it was from Key? Or did you just think this would be different from all their other works and not include drama? I will say though, that me as well as a lot of people prefer Refrain (it's like Little Buster's After Story) to After Story. It made me cry harder, and I just found it to be all around better. And that's coming from someone who adores Clannad. So yeah, you should expect a lot of tears, even if you have cried at only two anime.
Do you know Oyashiro-sama?
Oct 29, 2012 3:28 PM
Jul 2012
-KamioRika- said:
JavierR said:

1) Riki is a cutie! >:/

2) The story is speeding up. We JUST entered into Komari's route and got some drama as well as mystery surrounding her brother and Kojirou.

Yang94 said:

:o Whaaaaaaat?! Did you go into this not realizing it was from Key? Or did you just think this would be different from all their other works and not include drama? I will say though, that me as well as a lot of people prefer Refrain (it's like Little Buster's After Story) to After Story. It made me cry harder, and I just found it to be all around better. And that's coming from someone who adores Clannad. So yeah, you should expect a lot of tears, even if you have cried at only two anime.

Indeed he is, especially when he....
Oct 29, 2012 3:51 PM
Dec 2007
^BTW:

Oct 29, 2012 3:59 PM
Jul 2012
Leon-Gun said:
^BTW:

blasterionOct 29, 2012 4:06 PM
Oct 29, 2012 4:09 PM

Nov 2009
SleepingEntity said:
eltonsu999 said:
symbv said:
What I have problem though is why does RIN suddenly become so easygoing regarding human contact when she is in the old home. Isn't she very fearful of human contact? But in the anime she is shown to be doing massage to an old person whom she met for the first time, without any of her friend accompanying her in the room. Does it mean Rin's problem is not as bad as it first appears? Is it portrayed the same in the VN?

Not sure if someone has mentioned this but I think its because the old lady has an interest in cats so since both of them have the same interests, Rin was able to feel more comfortable.

I'm also pretty sure that Rin is only shy towards people her age she's expected to make friends with. She's shown to be perfectly capable of talking to people provided she has help and knows what to do (e.g. recruiting people in the girl's dorms). Talking to the elderly would not really be difficult for her I think.

Isn't it because of the age difference, there are people who are shy around people their age yet they are alot more open to older or younger people.
Oct 29, 2012 4:17 PM

Sep 2011
MagicFlier said:
SleepingEntity said:
eltonsu999 said:
symbv said:

Not sure if someone has mentioned this but I think its because the old lady has an interest in cats so since both of them have the same interests, Rin was able to feel more comfortable.

I'm also pretty sure that Rin is only shy towards people her age she's expected to make friends with. She's shown to be perfectly capable of talking to people provided she has help and knows what to do (e.g. recruiting people in the girl's dorms). Talking to the elderly would not really be difficult for her I think.

Isn't it because of the age difference, there are people who are shy around people their age yet they are alot more open to older or younger people.

I believe she's only scared at huge people. It doesn't matter for her if that person is younger or older. As you can see on this episode, she's massaging an old woman so she may expect she's not that huge person.

Oct 29, 2012 4:23 PM

Jun 2011
Kitsu-nee said:
Phainx said:

Same here im stuck on 99% as well i got Sasami/Kud one i was on 97% before that, i finished it 2 days ago (Refrain why you so good?). I have no idea what it is, it must be something pretty small since its the last 1% probably 0.5% =/ Does the picking all 3 different donut choices and getting the 24th CG that the walkthrough talks about give a slightly different CG for each choice? Since that might be it since its such a small % and i got every CG slot filled. Though unless someone comfirms i can not be bothered to go through that 3 times for now =/
DragoonDeusOct 29, 2012 4:26 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 29, 2012 4:30 PM

Sep 2011
Slicer22 said:
Kitsu-nee said:
Phainx said:

Same here im stuck on 99% as well i got Sasami/Kud one i was on 97% before that, i finished it 2 days ago (Refrain why you so good?). I have no idea what it is, it must be something pretty small since its the last 1% probably 0.5% =/ Does the picking all 3 different donut choices and getting the 24th CG that the walkthrough talks about give a slightly different CG for each choice? Since that might be it since its such a small % and i got every CG slot filled. Though unless someone comfirms i can not be bothered to go through that 3 times for now =/

The missing CG you guys were talking about, is that on the last page of CG page?

If it is, then it's a bug.

Oct 29, 2012 4:51 PM

Oct 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
Slicer22 said:
Kitsu-nee said:
Phainx said:

The missing CG you guys were talking about, is that on the last page of CG page?

If it is, then it's a bug.

Ah yes, picking different donuts show different versions of

What I am missing is the

Even though I know now its a bug, it still annoys me whenever i see a 99% completion of the cg! >.<
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Oct 29, 2012 5:31 PM

Jun 2011
eltonsu999 said:

What I am missing is the

Even though I know now its a bug, it still annoys me whenever i see a 99% completion of the cg! >.<

For the 4th Rin on the table CG i think (BTW RANDOM PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE NO FINISHED THE LITTLE BUSTERS VISUAL NOVEL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST DONT TOUCH THIS)
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 29, 2012 5:39 PM

Oct 2012
Slicer22 said:
eltonsu999 said:

What I am missing is the

For the 4th Rin on the table CG i think (BTW RANDOM PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE NO FINISHED THE LITTLE BUSTERS VISUAL NOVEL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST DONT TOUCH THIS)

Yeah, someone helped me with that as well. But thanks heaps :)
Oct 29, 2012 6:18 PM

Sep 2011
I thought you guys were talking about this:
(DO NOT OPEN THIS HUGE MEGA SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE VN)

Well, that IS MY problem but I don't really care anymore. :|

So yeah, like someone said, in order to get the another Rin sitting on the desk CG, play the Refrain again.

Oct 29, 2012 7:12 PM
Dec 2007
eltonsu999 said:

Yeah, someone helped me with that as well. But thanks heaps :)
And it's a scene I felt was needed....

Oct 29, 2012 7:35 PM
Jul 2012
Seems I am a sucker for extremely long routes,

Namely
LB-Haruka
Clannad-Kyou

I don't know what's it about those 2 routes, but I just love them so much
Oct 29, 2012 8:42 PM

Aug 2012
blasterion said:

Namely
LB-Haruka
Clannad-Kyou

Maybe stories about twins interest you
Oct 29, 2012 8:48 PM
Jul 2012
Kamikita_Komari said:
blasterion said:

Namely
LB-Haruka
Clannad-Kyou

=0 how did I not see that?!?! the thought of the common connection actually managed to escape my mind all these years!

But then again I didn't like
route that whole much , but that's mainly because her route is too short. and that's not really twins
blasterionOct 29, 2012 8:53 PM
Oct 29, 2012 9:51 PM
Dec 2007
blasterion said:
Kamikita_Komari said:
blasterion said:

Namely
LB-Haruka
Clannad-Kyou

=0 how did I not see that?!?! the thought of the common connection actually managed to escape my mind all these years!

But then again I didn't like
route that whole much , but that's mainly because her route is too short. and that's not really twins
Ahem, you managed to slip something that shouldn't be said in there... anyway,

Oct 29, 2012 10:08 PM

May 2011
What an spoiler-fest.
Oct 29, 2012 11:44 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
I think the show finally picked up its pace from here by starting the Komari arc of the VN. As far as the characters go, I've found that up to this episode most of the ones introduced so far have had established personalities which we'll get to see more of as the story progresses.

If I had one qualm about this episode, it is that the execution of the start of this arc did seem a bit condensed, but hey that's coming from a guy who hasn't read the VN.
Oct 29, 2012 11:54 PM

Jan 2011
Rin, Komari, and Kud is too much moe! <3
Oct 30, 2012 12:48 AM

May 2011
Kud is so cute and adorable too, even more than Komari I think. So I am guessing that they're starting off with Komari's arc, which looks pretty sad with the way that she has no memories about her brother. And ooh so that gramps is Komari's grandpa, wonder what he's got to do with this whole ordeal.
Oct 30, 2012 12:50 AM

Jan 2008
I'm getting the visual novel, I'm sure it will be not rushed, better illustrated, more fun and even better animated than this.

The scene where Komari headbutts Riki was one of the worst animated scenes I've seen in a while.
Oct 30, 2012 1:37 AM

Mar 2010
mfw...everything.

Oct 30, 2012 7:08 AM
Jul 2012
leokiko said:
What an spoiler-fest.

It's usually like that, first couple of pages of episode discussion and thru-out the week we get bored and talk about the VN
Oct 30, 2012 7:40 AM
Dec 2007
blasterion said:
leokiko said:
What an spoiler-fest.

It's usually like that, first couple of pages of episode discussion and thru-out the week we get bored and talk about the VN
Eh pretty much? We kind of get bored. I prefer that to constant stream of people going "animation sucks lolololol".

Oct 30, 2012 8:17 AM
Jul 2012
The episode was good, it gave me that Clannad feeling I haven't felt since... well... Clannad.
Oct 30, 2012 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Got a feeling we gonna hear tragic story in the next episode.
Oct 30, 2012 3:16 PM

Jan 2012
Seven letters:

D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Because it's awful.

I'm not sitting through 22 more episodes of this.
Oct 30, 2012 3:27 PM

Oct 2012
testyal1 said:
Seven letters:

D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Because it's awful.

That's true. This isn't an anime for those who dislike romance or drama.
Oct 30, 2012 4:18 PM

Aug 2011
how do you guys feel about the pacing? as a vn player i feel like it's a little rushed going into komari's route this early but that might just be from my biased point of view.

i wonder how different it'd be if i hadn't played the visual novel
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Oct 30, 2012 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
blubberflub said:
how do you guys feel about the pacing? as a vn player i feel like it's a little rushed going into komari's route this early but that might just be from my biased point of view.

For me, I feel also kinda rushed but they executed it on a right way so I don't mind. But if I hadn't played the VN, maybe I became one of these haters here and saying 'it sucks'.

Oct 30, 2012 5:22 PM

Jan 2011
blubberflub said:

I think it rushed too much in the first komari route ep, and left few things to do for the next 2 ones... I wonder how they are gonna make it.

Aside from that, the scenes they chose to animate are pretty faithful to the original.

That's like a compensation for the direction and cash not being the best...
Well, they did say they were going to stay as faithful as possible, until now they are doing a good work in that aspect.

If I hadn't played it... Maybe I'd start to like it only from episode 3 on, dunno.
Oct 30, 2012 6:18 PM

Sep 2012
kirby said:
I'm getting the visual novel, I'm sure it will be not rushed, better illustrated, more fun and even better animated than this.

The scene where Komari headbutts Riki was one of the worst animated scenes I've seen in a while.

Better...animated...?

Well, the characters are better illustrated, but...

...animated?
Oct 30, 2012 6:45 PM

Jul 2011
damn fell asleep again on this shit
Oct 30, 2012 7:34 PM

Oct 2012
Lately said:

Damn, are u alright? Having narcolepsy must be really tough on you.
See what I did there? ;)
Oct 30, 2012 8:00 PM

Oct 2010
idk why, but i was just cracking up with Kyousuke and his guitar. XD
Oct 31, 2012 7:02 AM

Mar 2009
Still watching this after complaining about it in the first episode discussion thread. I'm still not a fan (score 5/10 so far), but I can see hints in the episodes that interesting things will happen in future episodes, so I'm going to keep up with it a while longer.

However, I am finding some of the characters ridiculously annoying. E.g. The girl introduced in this episode, Kud I think her name was, was so ridiculously annoying in voice and mannerisms. And also the girl who spreads happyness or whatever, can't remember her name. So annoying.
Oct 31, 2012 7:42 AM

Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
kirby said:

Better...animated...?

Well, the characters are better illustrated, but...

...animated?

I lol'd. Oh these fucking nitpickers.
Oct 31, 2012 7:44 AM

Apr 2010
testyal1 said:
Seven letters:

D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Because it's awful.

"LIKE:
- Comedy
- Slice of Life
- School
- Fantasy"

Yet you're not watching Little Busters...

Oct 31, 2012 7:54 AM
Aug 2011
eltonsu999 said:
Lately said:

Damn, are u alright? Having narcolepsy must be really tough on you.
See what I did there? ;)

I see what you did there good sir.
RyanSaotome said:
testyal1 said:
Seven letters:

D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Because it's awful.

"LIKE:
- Comedy
- Slice of Life
- School
- Fantasy"

Yet you're not watching Little Busters...

He is neutral towards Drama, but he hates romance. I doubt LB has much romance though.
Oct 31, 2012 8:06 AM

Sep 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

He is neutral towards Drama, but he hates romance. I doubt LB has much romance though.

It depends if this series has omnibus format. Though you can expect much romance on Kurugaya's arc.

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.