Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 28, 2012 10:50 AM

Sep 2010
Is there a problem with your reading comprehension? He wasn't even aware the woman he was choking was Aoi. He wanted that woman to shut up that was all, because if she continued, he would have lost his will to continue fighting and his death would be over nothing.

Is this clear now?
May 28, 2012 10:56 AM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Thess said:
Yumekichi11 said:
It's too bad they did not show that but you can't deny the fact he still had love for her and wanted her instead of Tokiomi having her.

They didn't spoonfeed people like the LN which tells you exactly what is, but it's not supposed to be seen that way.

Did Kariya love her and would have liked to be her husband instead? Of course.

But he was all right and happy for Aoi and Tokiomi before finding out about the Sakura's business. It's even in the LN spelled that clear. In fact, he didn't start to hate Tokiomi until he saw Sakura raped and covered by worms. Which is an understandable reaction after all Aoi told him that it was Tokiomi who took that decision. Over a year of torture, which includes a stroke that paralyzed half of his body and losing sight of one eye, his mental state deteriorated to the point that he couldn't really keep up with any complex mental process by the crippling agony and how the worms devoured his internal organs. His hatred for Tokiomi was something that increased as outlet to keep him mobilize to keep going. He couldn't be hostile against Zouken (since the worms he has inside of him are Zouken and would make him suffer if he glares at him), Tokiomi was a solid target.
I agree to this. Hence why he would be capable easily of assumed stuff I posted over his mind state. Raping Aoi? Making her pregnant on the spot? HAHAH! With what you say it could have been done easily. Just that he recovered his awareness at the last minute. Pretty much makes sense. Still does not deny the fact due to the worms he saw illusions and could have easily had one of Aoi being a sudden light for him to make a kid with. Just saying he was so demented that any scenario of INSANE proportions may be in fact applied to him due to the worms.

Why would he want a child with demonic unknown woman?Unless being insane like Kariya, makes you rape random people.He didnt even recognize her while trying to kill "that" woman.
May 28, 2012 10:58 AM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:
Why would he want a child with demonic unknown woman?Unless being insane makes you rape random people.He didnt even recognize her while trying to kill "that" woman.

Yep, exactly. If he had noticed she was Aoi, he wouldn't harm a strand of her hair. He lost his touch with reality.

Anyway, if people wanted Kariya involved in rape scenes. That was basically what happened in the Berserker dream. With him as the victim. He's the rape victim, not the rapist.
May 28, 2012 11:02 AM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Thess said:
Yumekichi11 said:
It's too bad they did not show that but you can't deny the fact he still had love for her and wanted her instead of Tokiomi having her.

They didn't spoonfeed people like the LN which tells you exactly what is, but it's not supposed to be seen that way.

Did Kariya love her and would have liked to be her husband instead? Of course.

But he was all right and happy for Aoi and Tokiomi before finding out about the Sakura's business. It's even in the LN spelled that clear. In fact, he didn't start to hate Tokiomi until he saw Sakura raped and covered by worms. Which is an understandable reaction after all Aoi told him that it was Tokiomi who took that decision. Over a year of torture, which includes a stroke that paralyzed half of his body and losing sight of one eye, his mental state deteriorated to the point that he couldn't really keep up with any complex mental process by the crippling agony and how the worms devoured his internal organs. His hatred for Tokiomi was something that increased as outlet to keep him mobilize to keep going. He couldn't be hostile against Zouken (since the worms he has inside of him are Zouken and would make him suffer if he glares at him), Tokiomi was a solid target.
I agree to this. Hence why he would be capable easily of assumed stuff I posted over his mind state. Raping Aoi? Making her pregnant on the spot? HAHAH! With what you say it could have been done easily. Just that he recovered his awareness at the last minute. Pretty much makes sense. Still does not deny the fact due to the worms he saw illusions and could have easily had one of Aoi being a sudden light for him to make a kid with. Just saying he was so demented that any scenario of INSANE proportions may be in fact applied to him due to the worms.

Why would he want a child with demonic unknown woman?Unless being insane like Kariya, makes you rape random people.He didnt even recognize her while trying to kill "that" woman.
Well that's it. The insanity cannot have limits nor distinguish. At the very least in the one induced by the worms.
Thess said:
Is there a problem with your reading comprehension? He wasn't even aware the woman he was choking was Aoi. He wanted that woman to shut up that was all, because if she continued, he would have lost his will to continue fighting and his death would be over nothing.

Is this clear now?
OK fine.
Thess said:
ssjokg said:
Why would he want a child with demonic unknown woman?Unless being insane makes you rape random people.He didnt even recognize her while trying to kill "that" woman.
Yep, exactly. If he had noticed she was Aoi, he wouldn't harm a strand of her hair. He lost his touch with reality.

Anyway, if people wanted Kariya involved in rape scenes. That was basically what happened in the Berserker dream. With him as the victim. He's the rape victim, not the rapist.
OK so could Berserker have also played a role in the defining beginning of what his insanity was to be? For example seeing Berserker as a demon made him see Aoi as a demon instead?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 28, 2012 11:06 AM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Well that's it. The insanity cannot have limits nor distinguish. At the very least in the one induced by the worms.

I'm going to assume you're deliberately obtuse now.
May 28, 2012 11:09 AM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

OK so could Berserker have also played a role in the defining beginning of what his insanity was to be? For example seeing Berserker as a demon made him see Aoi as a demon instead?

No it has nothing to do with it.At least it wasnt mentioned in the LN.I dont know what a psychiatrist would say about that.But psychiatrists are crazy themselves....
May 28, 2012 11:10 AM

Mar 2012
I'm glad things are picking back up, but maybe there could've been a little more exposition on how Kirei and Kariya ended up "working together." All in all, a very solid episode - Saber was amazing, and the Kariya situation was mostly believable.
May 28, 2012 11:15 AM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:

No it has nothing to do with it.At least it wasnt mentioned in the LN.I dont know what a psychiatrist would say about that.But psychiatrists are crazy themselves....
That makes me feel worse considering I concentrated my studies in that.
Thess said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I'm going to assume you're deliberately obtuse now.
No but thanks to you my clearing is better. I will myself think of this. Perhaps I might write something more personal on my BLOG.

I will leave it as THANK YOU once more for the great insights and all. As a last IMO: BERSERKER MADE KARIYA GOT NUTS! Plain and simple but if anything it was Sakura's situation that started the spiral of his insanity by Berserker himself.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 28, 2012 11:17 AM

Aug 2009
Thess said:
ssjokg said:

You know I wonder why people say that...As far as I know, aggravated assault isnt rape.At least as that scene in the LN didnt give me that impression.Unless biting others necks and drinking their blood is considered rape.Or i dont know all the definitions of rape.

@Yumekichi
I believe if I where to listen to other people problems(that kind of problems) every day I would have gone crazy.

Sorry I meant psychologist not psychiatrists.They are a bit different.
ssjokgMay 28, 2012 11:26 AM
May 28, 2012 11:23 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
Thess said:
ssjokg said:

You know I wonder why people say that...As far as I know, aggravated assault isnt rape.At least as that scene in the LN didnt give me that impression.Unless biting others necks and drinking their blood is considered rape.Or i dont know all the definitions of rape.

@Yumekichi
I believe if I where to listen to other people problems(that kind of problems) every day I would have gone crazy.

What is this rape discussion. There was no rape.
May 28, 2012 11:26 AM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:

Simple: the eroge scenes of Heaven's Feel became 'blood drinking' scenes in the non eroge version (Realta Nua). Rider sucked Shirou's blood in the illusion of being Rin in the dream rather than you know... (his semen), Sakura sucked Shirou's blood instead of sleeping with him for prana (remember it's the semen of the magus, not the blood or other fluids what... recharges things in FSN).

It's an euphemism for sex (vampirism has been this for a while either way). A bit less obscure than those dolphins and that dragon they used for Rin and Saber at least.

Also look at the official illustration of the said scene. I'll imagine that, as Team Caster furniture, Sakura's violation and Rider's frontal nudity, the manga adaptation would be more explicit when it gets there. Still sexual connotations between Berserker and Kariya isn't as bad as Zouken and Kariya that the anime left intact... :S
ThessMay 28, 2012 11:32 AM
May 28, 2012 11:34 AM

Aug 2009
Thess said:
ssjokg said:

Simple: the eroge scenes of Heaven's Feel became 'blood drinking' scenes in the non eroge version (Realta Nua). Rider sucked Shirou's blood in the illusion of being Rin in the dream rather than you know... (his semen), Sakura sucked Shirou's blood instead of sleeping with him for prana (remember it's the semen of the magus, not the blood or other fluids what... recharges things in FSN).

It's an euphemism for sex (vampirism has been this for a while either way). A bit less obscure than those dolphins and that dragon they used for Rin and Saber at least.

Also look at the official illustration of the said scene.

I dont think that Realta nua version has anything to do with this.If Urobuchi wanted a sex,rape scene he would add it.And it was a dream
As for the picture i dont know...How would berseker take his...semen with that armor?As for Berseker recharging..we could argue about the dream being that or kariya's insanity with Berseker's memories.Like how Waver dreamed about Rider,Rin with Archer etc.So let's leave it at that...
May 28, 2012 11:50 AM

Sep 2010
Just like he's getting his blood despite the armor.

Eh...Fate/Zero doesn't contain sex (written anyway). Not even for Maiya/Kiritsugu. Euphemism for rape can nicely replace stuff, so is unnecessary. Secondly, he didn't really dream about his memories (he could have but not displayed on page). Berserker was interacting and talking with Kariya....

The dream had Berserker consuming his prana (in blood), so... He was 'drained'. That's why Zouken had to put one of his many lust worms (you know what they stand for) into his mouth and force him to swallow to be recharged by Sakura's virginity.

The scene in general made me squirm in discomfort (dream raped Kariya awoke to get raped by Zouken who powered him up by Sakura's rape. Gross). The manga scene is going to be lovely. >.<
ThessMay 28, 2012 11:53 AM
May 28, 2012 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
Thess said:

Eh...Fate/Zero doesn't contain sex (written anyway). Not even for Maiya/Kiritsugu. Euphemism for rape can nicely replace stuff, so is unnecessary. Secondly, he didn't really dream about his memories (he could have but not displayed on page). Berserker was interacting and talking with Kariya....

The dream had Berserker consuming his prana (in blood), so... He was 'drained'. That's why Zouken had to put one of his many lust worms (you know what they stand for) into his mouth and force him to swallow to be recharged by Sakura's virginity.

The scene in general made me squirm in discomfort (dream raped Kariya awoke to get raped by Zouken who powered him up by Sakura's rape. Gross). The manga scene is going to be lovely. >.<

Didnt Kariya saw a sword that looked like Saber's?
It's just that I dont consider that scene as a rape scene.Blood sucking isnt sexual intercourse for me,so no matter what you say I wont change my mind.If I had read the censored version of FSN then I would really be disappointed with that blood sucking scenes...
May 28, 2012 12:41 PM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
Thess said:

It's just that I dont consider that scene as a rape scene.Blood sucking isnt sexual intercourse for me,so no matter what you say I wont change my mind.If I had read the censored version of FSN then I would really be disappointed with that blood sucking scenes...
Blood sucking has been considered erotic for centuries and has been used to represent erotism in fantasy works. Vampire stories, by their nature are erotic. It's supposed to go hand in hand.

I'd be more annoyed with Dolphins swimming through my head and Dragons trying to rip me apart being used as sexual euphenisms.

May 28, 2012 12:54 PM

Aug 2009
Leon-Gun said:
ssjokg said:
Thess said:

Blood sucking has been considered erotic for centuries and has been used to represent erotism in fantasy works. Vampire stories, by their nature are erotic. It's supposed to go hand in hand.

I'd be more annoyed with Dolphins swimming through my head and Dragons trying to rip me apart being used as sexual euphenisms.

I would never say that dolphins and dragons fit better but blood sucking doesnt seem erotic to me at all.I know that in some stories it's supposed to feel better than sex,just that.Would it add something more in a rape/sex scene?Yeah no doubt.But if you tell me to consider a blood sucking scene, erotic by itself then I am sorry.I have imagination but not that much..
May 28, 2012 1:29 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:

I would never say that dolphins and dragons fit better but blood sucking doesnt seem erotic to me at all.I know that in some stories it's supposed to feel better than sex,just that.Would it add something more in a rape/sex scene?Yeah no doubt.But if you tell me to consider a blood sucking scene, erotic by itself then I am sorry.I have imagination but not that much..

I never understood it, either, but I can't deny that this is how it's commonly depicted, hence why vampires have gradually made the shift to romantic sex gods, as in Twilight or the Anne Rice novels, as opposed to actual monsters. I suppose that it somehow relates to the piercing of the victim and the exchange of fluids. Such is probably the case with the Berserker scene, as well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
May 28, 2012 2:31 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, just an amazing episode with such a tragic ending. Kariya's last speech was just perfect. It told a whole story without telling it. Everything you needed to know was right there without cheapening it with needless exposition. That strangling was disturbingly sexual making it all the more chilling to watch. But I'm glad that scene was done that way. There was no need to over explain the situation when it was blatantly obvious.

And I loved Gilgamesh's cold review of the tragedy that unfolded before him. It perfectly sums up his character as well as proves the truth of Zouken's words to Kirei. He's attracted to kariya because of his suffering.

This episode once again goes with the whole fake out thing but it was well executed. You think it's Rider that's in trouble when it's actually something completely different but it was still more than satisfying with that little bit of fight between Rider and Saber as well as Waver's development and growing understanding of his servant.

Great episode.
ItoukaijiMay 28, 2012 2:37 PM
May 28, 2012 7:35 PM

Jan 2012
Ah, I absolutely hate Kirei even more now. Although I must say, this show had been getting so serious that Gilgamesh's line "That was a terrible play" actually made me laugh.

I mean, it was a man who choked to death a woman he loved. A man who, rather than get his revenge, got set up to get the absolute reverse, I'd wish that he would have had 'Zerker snap Kirei's neck, but anyone that knows F/SN... Grr.
May 29, 2012 1:37 AM

Nov 2011
It's finally coming...Iris is next. T.T

Archer and Kirei watching the entire scene play out, with a glass of wine. That's just...wow.
Then again, Kirei facing off with Zouken, the personification of evil, was quite interesting. The fact that Kirei was disgusted with the cruelty he saw in Zouken man makes me believe there is still hope for Kirei's redemption.

And Redline has nothing on the Saber bike scene.
AzureBluesMay 29, 2012 1:52 AM
May 29, 2012 3:24 AM

Mar 2011
I feel like the chase scene needed to be longer, it was at least 20 pages in the LN and in the anime it was only 10 min (meanwhile Kiritsugu's past which was roughly 30 pages has 2 whole episodes). The fight was also closer in LN, in here it seemed like Saber just one-shot Rider no problem.
May 29, 2012 3:46 AM

Apr 2009
"Rider" abducting Irisviel was just a false flag operation orchestrated by Kirei, using Kariya and Berserker as his helpless puppets in an exercise of sadistic pleasure seeking. Kiritsugu, in his trademark way, avoids getting fooled and finds out that Kirei was the true culprit. Saber made damn good use of the motorcycle Kiritsugu gave her, hopefully that's not the last we see of her bike in that awesome state.

Playing off two victims against one another, Kirei has come a long way in the ways of sadistic cruelty for having orchestrated such a spectacle for his own pleasures. I would've thought Zouken and Kirei might get along, but it seems there is still some conflict left in Kirei for him to fully accept that he is on the way to becoming an evil of Zouken's caliber.
May 29, 2012 3:59 AM

Jul 2007
Lumathy said:
I feel like the chase scene needed to be longer, it was at least 20 pages in the LN and in the anime it was only 10 min (meanwhile Kiritsugu's past which was roughly 30 pages has 2 whole episodes). The fight was also closer in LN, in here it seemed like Saber just one-shot Rider no problem.

That's because the 20 pages consisted of mechanical decriptions of Saber's bike and that took all of 20 seconds to show visually. The Kiritsugu flashbacks had the opposite situation, in which they needed to communicate a lot of exposition and internal narration visually, meaning that it took longer to show the affects of warfare on Kiritsugu than to simply explain it. I, personally, can't stand action scenes that go over the ten minute mark, which is my major issue with anime such as Dragon Ball Z and Naruto.
LunarMoonMay 29, 2012 4:05 AM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
May 29, 2012 4:34 AM
Dec 2007
LunarMoon said:
Lumathy said:

That's because the 20 pages consisted of mechanical decriptions of Saber's bike and that took all of 20 seconds to show visually. The Kiritsugu flashbacks had the opposite situation, in which they needed to communicate a lot of exposition and internal narration visually, meaning that it took longer to show the affects of warfare on Kiritsugu than to simply explain it. I, personally, can't stand action scenes that go over the ten minute mark, which is my major issue with anime such as Dragon Ball Z and Naruto.
Pretty much. The gist of it, even in the LN, was that Saber one shot the Chariot. There's really nothing else. Don't ignore the fact Rider is trying to conserve his energy and he has a much tougher opponent to defeat so he can't waste his trump card.

May 29, 2012 6:32 AM

Jul 2010
LunarMoon said:
Lumathy said:

That's because the 20 pages consisted of mechanical decriptions of Saber's bike and that took all of 20 seconds to show visually. The Kiritsugu flashbacks had the opposite situation, in which they needed to communicate a lot of exposition and internal narration visually, meaning that it took longer to show the affects of warfare on Kiritsugu than to simply explain it.

this. some people just really can't understand how to translate a medium from one to another. as if the amount of page matters. you actually aren't forgetting the author always need to be into detail about the scenes, the place, the facial expression, etc. down to how a character has a hard time breathing to create the visuals w/ our imagination

like how long "detailed explanations" are just translated to subtle moments in the anime
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
May 29, 2012 7:40 AM

May 2012
.......T-T

I think Rider is next>>I hope not
May 29, 2012 11:32 AM

Oct 2011
Saber even didnt ask Rider : where is Airi ?

imagine she killed him .. how she can know her place ?

and secondly ... i didnt understand why Saber didnt finish Rider and just killed him ,

instead of that she left ... it was a great opportunity for Saber
May 29, 2012 11:33 AM

May 2008
Veneficae said:
.......T-T

I think Rider is next>>I hope not
or probably Berserker? XD
May 29, 2012 11:51 AM

Aug 2009
ufotable should make notes in the bottom of the screen to explain why things happen in the story.
May 29, 2012 12:00 PM

Oct 2011
i mean seriously , how she can let him like that !!
May 29, 2012 12:20 PM

May 2009
loub31 said:
She knows Rider has Ionian Hetairoi. She could be in some serious trouble if he uses that on her. Also, looking for Irisviel took priority over fighting Rider at the time.
May 29, 2012 12:43 PM

Oct 2011
but .... tell me ; how she is sure that Irie is not kidnapped from Rider ?
May 29, 2012 12:49 PM
Dec 2007
stAtic91 said:
loub31 said:
She knows Rider has Ionian Hetairoi. She could be in some serious trouble if he uses that on her. Also, looking for Irisviel took priority over fighting Rider at the time.
DIdn't this guy already post saying the very exact thing several pages back? I think some people are obtuse.

Okay, let's use simple plain logic here.If Saber tracked down Irisviel as fast as possible after "Rider" kidnapped her and found him flying high atop Fuyuki on his Chariot. Now she tracked him down, stopped him dead on his tracks and there was no Irisviel anywhere and Rider acted as usual, no changes. No Rider has no way of moving around but he's still far from helpless but she still has to move ahead on his quest for Irisviel and she can't waste time fighting, which will continue if she allows Rider the time to regain his composure.

So summary of battle:

-Saber finds Rider
-Saber fights RIder
-Saber sees Irisviel is nowhere around and she found RIder almost inmediately after the kidnapping so it's not like he could have hid her already.
-Rider's Master is with him so he couldn't be hiding Irsiviel either.
-Saber quickly concludes the fight and moves on after coming to the conclusion Rider knows absolutely nothing about Iri.
-The End.

May 29, 2012 12:50 PM

Mar 2012
loub31 said:

I don't know how I feel about the fact that you're asking this.
May 29, 2012 12:56 PM

Aug 2009
ataraxial said:
loub31 said:

Why people die when they are killed?

loub31 I wonder if you pay ANY attention in the shows you are watching or at least in Fate/Zero.I know the animation is good but try to to see whats happening.
May 29, 2012 1:27 PM

Oct 2011
Leon-Gun said:
stAtic91 said:
loub31 said:
DIdn't this guy already post saying the very exact thing several pages back? I think some people are obtuse.

Okay, let's use simple plain logic here.If Saber tracked down Irisviel as fast as possible after "Rider" kidnapped her and found him flying high atop Fuyuki on his Chariot. Now she tracked him down, stopped him dead on his tracks and there was no Irisviel anywhere and Rider acted as usual, no changes. No Rider has no way of moving around but he's still far from helpless but she still has to move ahead on his quest for Irisviel and she can't waste time fighting, which will continue if she allows Rider the time to regain his composure.

So summary of battle:

-Saber finds Rider
-Saber fights RIder
-Saber sees Irisviel is nowhere around and she found RIder almost inmediately after the kidnapping so it's not like he could have hid her already.
-Rider's Master is with him so he couldn't be hiding Irsiviel either.
-Saber quickly concludes the fight and moves on after coming to the conclusion Rider knows absolutely nothing about Iri.
-The End.

you are right ; but you forget the fact that Saber lost Rider for a few seconds

i mean ; may be in this few seconds ... Rider hid Irie somewhere

conclusion : the fact that Saber didnt ask saber where's Irie " after she has

stopped him and before she use her NP" is not going to enter my head

i mean ... it's simple : " Rider ; where's Irie ?" ... instead of that ...she still watching

at him and watch Rider and Waver discussion

it's just my opinion
May 29, 2012 1:35 PM

Oct 2011
ssjokg said:
ataraxial said:
loub31 said:

Why people die when they are killed?

loub31 I wonder if you pay ANY attention in the shows you are watching or at least in Fate/Zero.I know the animation is good but try to to see whats happening.

i think i'm see what happening well ...and i try to discuss what i didnt understand it in this anime .
if you found my questions stupid and ridiculous ... sorry that's the limit of my thinking
May 29, 2012 2:54 PM
Jan 2011
Couldn't catch it at first because of the gruesome nature of the scene where Kariya kills Aoi, but I loved the symbolism of it all.
May 29, 2012 5:14 PM

Jan 2010
Personally I think Kirei is a top tier magnificent bastard. I nearly lost it after the choke scene when it showed that he was the one who orchestrated the tragedy.
May 29, 2012 5:26 PM
Oct 2011
Hmmm... my wine sure tasted better after watching this show :3
May 29, 2012 11:15 PM

Feb 2009
loub31 said:

you are right ; but you forget the fact that Saber lost Rider for a few seconds

i mean ; may be in this few seconds ... Rider hid Irie somewhere

conclusion : the fact that Saber didnt ask saber where's Irie " after she has

stopped him and before she use her NP" is not going to enter my head

i mean ... it's simple : " Rider ; where's Irie ?" ... instead of that ...she still watching

at him and watch Rider and Waver discussion

it's just my opinion
Let's add some more stuff.

Where do you think Rider was headed, flying that fast in the middle of the night? Answer: the Einzbern Forest.
That road was the road back in episode 6 of season 1, where Iri showed her driving skills and first met Caster.
Rider still thinks that Saber is still residing there. Only Kotomine knows where Saber and company truly reside now.

He's not flying to escape, he was flying to challenge Saber in the castle.

Saber realized this and thought that it would be pointless for her to ask him about Iri because from this information, along with Iri missing from the chariot, that Rider doesn't know shit about anything happening.
And as said by others, Saber's priority is Iri, not a fight with Rider. She was only forced to use her NP because if she escaped with her back to Rider, she will get hurt badly because Rider will not back down and she was the one who started the pursuit anyways.
May 30, 2012 1:17 AM

Sep 2010
LunarMoon said:
ssjokg said:

I never understood it, either, but I can't deny that this is how it's commonly depicted, hence why vampires have gradually made the shift to romantic sex gods, as in Twilight or the Anne Rice novels, as opposed to actual monsters. I suppose that it somehow relates to the piercing of the victim and the exchange of fluids. Such is probably the case with the Berserker scene, as well.

Vampires have been sexual for a long, long time (since the oldest legend: the lilitu). They were originally conceived as women who preyed on men and children (femme fatale symbolism), so...

In the Victorian era, vampires became a symbol of thinly veiled eroticism and homoerotism in fiction (if anything Meyer vampires are so less sexual and sanitized than Carmilla and Lord Ruthven). It wasn't really Anne Rice, she merely updated it (Varney the Vampire was more emo than most of hers and he was around since the penny dreadfuls). The penetration and fluid exchange was obvious, specially made by mysterious and dangerous foreigner. It was a metaphor of sexual predator with STDs preying on the pure and virtuous civilized people that made them very hot and bothered. A lot of this dripping sexuality is lost because we no longer live in that repressed era.

ssjokg said:

It was something Berserker was showing him, rather than a flashback. He was talking to Kariya about her. Rider showed Shirou a classroom and Ayako before sucking his blood disguised as Rin. The scenes are pretty similar, except that, of course Kariya is Suffering because Zeker wasn't gentle with him.
ThessMay 30, 2012 1:30 AM
May 30, 2012 2:40 AM

Mar 2011
LunarMoon said:
Lumathy said:

But, they did extent the flashback in anime, why can't they do that with the actions? This may be my bias because I like Rider but the shorter the fight the easier his defeat seemed. Yeah I know FZ is not about actions and all but I, personally, do look forward to the actions simply because that's the only part the anime has a chance to outdo the LN. If the next fight lasts 5 minutes or so I'm gonna be disappointed.
May 30, 2012 3:45 AM

May 2012
ssjokg
ataraxial
loub31

Calm down!
even I need to watch the eps twice to catch everything
Seber didn't explain how did she know that Rider was innocent
May 30, 2012 9:13 AM

Oct 2011
Fantastic episode!!
Veneficae said:
ssjokg
ataraxial
loub31

Calm down!

Since when is this anime hard to follow? I easily understand everything, and I always watch stuff just once. Saber probably knew that Rider was innocent because he didn't have Irisivel or whatever her name is with him.
I see dead people.
May 30, 2012 9:58 AM

Sep 2010
Lumathy said:
But, they did extent the flashback in anime, why can't they do that with the actions? This may be my bias because I like Rider but the shorter the fight the easier his defeat seemed. Yeah I know FZ is not about actions and all but I, personally, do look forward to the actions simply because that's the only part the anime has a chance to outdo the LN. If the next fight lasts 5 minutes or so I'm gonna be disappointed.

They didn't need to extend anything when they cut things already (which is my main intolerance for an unnecessary two episodes flashback pacing suicide: the lack of episodes to cover things, how they cut and rushed everything). For instance, the reason why Kariya 'cooperates' with Kirei despite his doubts. The conversation between Zouken and Kirei was cut short (he was using the excuse that Tokiomi was responsible for his father's death), which also foreshadowed there was something wrong with the Grail.

They can easily extend action scenes. They did it with Caster.
May 30, 2012 10:17 AM
May 2012
I believe it can be even more perfect if the staff gives Kirei a grin at the end!!!!!

Really awesome!!!
May 30, 2012 1:36 PM

May 2009
Next episode preview pictures:

Source: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/490/490404/
May 30, 2012 3:34 PM

Feb 2010
stAtic91 said:
Next episode preview pictures:

Source: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/490/490404/

Btw Static, thank you once again for linking the preview pictures! ^^
May 30, 2012 5:54 PM

Mar 2012
Veneficae said:
ssjokg
ataraxial
loub31

Calm down!

No one is un-calm. Also, there's something called common sense, and Saber happens to have it.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Apr 7, 2012

529 by CondeSebastian »»
May 23, 3:10 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

14 by Spoopy69 »»
May 17, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.