Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 7, 2012 2:54 AM

Aug 2009
newnar said:
Personally I dislike this episode. This story would'be been better expanded as an OVA or special. It destroys the continuity of the story in F/Z.

You NEED this eps for the last eps .
May 7, 2012 2:57 AM

Aug 2011
Best episode of Fate Zero so far imo
May 7, 2012 3:01 AM

Aug 2009
I cant help but wonder what people's reaction will be when Kiritsugu
.Put it like this so anyone that didnt read the LN and clicked wouldnt know but LN fans should know
May 7, 2012 3:45 AM

Jul 2009
newnar said:
Personally I dislike this episode. This story would'be been better expanded as an OVA or special. It destroys the continuity of the story in F/Z.

I think you meant "about time we have his share of backstory".

though I do agree that this should be ep17 instead of 18.
May 7, 2012 4:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It's always good to get some background behind the characters and find out why they behave the way they do. I thought killing his father in such cold blood was a bit much for a child, but I guess Kiritsugu always had a bit of a wild streak.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 7, 2012 6:56 AM

May 2008
wow that was awesome im glad we found out what Kiritusugu past was like and that ending was awesome. I should read the LN !
May 7, 2012 7:51 AM

Apr 2011
''Hey dad, Shirley became a vampire''
''Too bad, well let's just get out of here!''

Is it me or there seems to be missing lines of dialogue ? Why didn't the father ask his child how he escaped from the vampire(s) ?
May 7, 2012 7:53 AM

Dec 2006
This was my least favourite episode from both seasons...It was alright I guess, though predictable (in my opinion). It's good that we got some background information on Kiritsugu, but I can't say that I connect strongly with his character, or his past for that matter. He seemed to decide to kill pretty quick...
May 7, 2012 8:04 AM

May 2010
LOL. Didn't expect such episode to be bloody.

Also, props for nailing the coastal barrio setting perfectly. Was puzzled what does Arimago has to do with crabs but later knew that they're referring to "Alimango" which is translated in Tagalog as "crab". Alimango island do exist in PH.
May 7, 2012 10:18 AM

Apr 2009
Natural born killer kerry....
May 7, 2012 10:31 AM

Nov 2010
Poor Shirley
At first I thought they were Zombies, then they mentioned the Vampires
Very nice background story of Kerry
May 7, 2012 10:47 AM

Mar 2010
Valaskjalf said:

Is it me or there seems to be missing lines of dialogue ? Why didn't the father ask his child how he escaped from the vampire(s) ?

If you were a father and your beloved son (it was obvious he cared for him a lot) got lost in a town full of vampires, then all of a sudden he would appear safe next to you. Would you seriously waste your time with pointless blabbering aka "How did you run away?" or would you try to get him and yourself away as fast as possible? I'd certainly do the latter. I wouldn't care how he got away, he did, I would only care how to make sure we both would be safe. Especially, with a clear way to get from the island. While they would have talked about nothing, mages/church/vampires might have gotten in and killed both. So why risk it without a reason?
SuiNoByakkoMay 7, 2012 12:35 PM
May 7, 2012 12:37 PM
Dec 2007
HikaruIzumi said:
Valaskjalf said:

If you were a father and your beloved son (it was obvious he cared for him a lot) got lost in a town full of vampires, then all of a sudden he would appear safe next to you. Would you seriously waste your time with pointless blabbering aka "How did you run away?" or would you try to get him and yourself away as fast as possible? I'd certainly do the latter. I wouldn't care how he got away, he did, I would only care how to make sure we both would be safe. Especially, with a clear way to get from the island. While they would have talked about nothing, mages/church/vampires might have gotten in and killed both. So why risk it without a reason?
He's a mage and he hadn't given the EMiya crest to him yet. Yeah he cared for him and all but his main concern at the moment was burning all the evidence so he could safely escape. If Kiritsugu was stupid enough to get killed he would mourn him while running away. Mages tend to be cowardly assholes that way.

May 7, 2012 12:52 PM

Jun 2008
Totentanz said:

Interestingly, Kiritsugu's father appears to bear similarities with Tokiomi Tohsaka as both of them consider searching for the root more important than anything else, with negative outcome for the ones around them.

In both cases it's an error of judgment they made that led to their demise. Just like Tokiomi never fully understood his student Kirei, Kiritsugu's father failed to understand what was truly important to his son, resulting in getting backstabbed by them. His seemingly lack of caring destroyed Kiritsugu's image of his father, whom he believed to be a "good" person, a man who sought to help humanity.

I noticed that too. They are quite similar, i especially noticed the cold stance considering other peoples feelings and their sole concentration on magic and nothing else.

Indeed this episode was quite interesting. I wonder if we will get a similar episode for Kirei.
May 7, 2012 3:21 PM

Aug 2010
That was a pretty damn good episode.
May 7, 2012 5:11 PM

Jan 2009
SHARRREHHHH LOL

why can't japanese pronounce the letter L?
May 7, 2012 5:35 PM

Nov 2008
Zombies!

No, it's vampires!

No, it's Dead Apostles!

No, it's Nasu!

This was a very silly episode but I do suppose it's cool to know how Kiri got so messed up.
May 7, 2012 6:21 PM
Dec 2007
jefba said:
SHARRREHHHH LOL

Are you seriously ripping off on a whole country for their inability to use one letter like we do?

May 7, 2012 6:28 PM

Aug 2009
Leon-Gun said:
jefba said:
SHARRREHHHH LOL

Are you seriously ripping off on a whole country for their inability to use one letter like we do?

And he realized it now?
May 7, 2012 6:34 PM

Jul 2007
jefba said:
SHARRREHHHH LOL

There's no phonetic equivalent in the Japanese language for the letter "L", so a Japanese person without english proficiency will generally pronounce the "L" as an "R". That's also why fansubbers will often screw up names with "R" in them when translating Japanese characters into the English alphabet. For a while, Winry from Full Metal Alchemist, for example, was commonly mistranslated as Winly.
LunarMoonMay 7, 2012 6:39 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
May 7, 2012 6:37 PM

Apr 2012
idk what it is but each one of these episodes just like, blow me away. Yeah its messed up, but think about it...deeply... then you start to comprehend it and it just like “whoa, shit … if i was him i would of done the same thing – being a mage and all” thats where it catches you. What would you have done?

To kill, or not to kill... haa, so simple.
May 7, 2012 8:22 PM

Apr 2009
Oh man, I can totally see this episode setting somewhere in any of the 7,107 islands here in the Philippines. The tropical Alimango Island as Shirley explains is indeed a Filipino word for crab, a mud crab to be exact. The presence of the church, which you can find almost anywhere in the country since the Philippines is a predominantly Christian country. That open basketball half court is also a fixture in any typical Filipino town even to the far flung and isolated ones, yup Filipinos are basketball crazy indeed. I could go on but oh well... XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 7, 2012 11:11 PM

Feb 2012
I really enjoyed seeing Kirei's younger days, and the Dead Apostles was a great end to a great episode. And Patricide, poor Kiritsugu...
May 8, 2012 12:57 AM

Nov 2007
At the beginning I thought I was watching the wrong anime. Anyone else? I had a hard time believing that was Kiritsugu.

Shirley seemed kinda dumb, but holy shit what happened to her? Why did she mess with that stuff?

Hey Shinji Hirako from Bleach used to be a mage!

Zombies in Fate Zero? Um ... Wait now they are vampires? Holy shit the kid just killed his father in cold blood. Despite starting this vampire plague or whatever that is still harsh.

Wasn't really expecting a flashback here, or anything that happened.
May 8, 2012 1:46 AM

Mar 2009
They messed up is this episode the villagers were not dead apostles they were zombies (Named The Dead in the nasuverse.) witch are Familiars of the dead apostle. (In this case Shirley.)

Still I haven't seen them since Tsukihime.

Here is more info regarding The Dead.
May 8, 2012 2:13 AM

Aug 2009
nothing956 said:
They messed up is this episode the villagers were not dead apostles they were zombies (Named The Dead in the nasuverse.) witch are Familiars of the dead apostle. (In this case Shirley.)

Whatever was in the thing Shirley took,it must have been really powerful stuff if a bite from a DA turned you into a DA.And usually the rules Nasu created for all these worlds just dont apply like Arturia's case as an irregular Heroic Spirit,the existence of Avenger,70% of Shirou's achievements etc.There always was something that broke the rules so it's not surprising.Or Natalia gave him the most simply explanation she could think....
May 8, 2012 4:27 AM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
nothing956 said:

Whatever was in the thing Shirley took,it must have been really powerful stuff if a bite from a DA turned you into a DA.And usually the rules Nasu created for all these worlds just dont apply like Arturia's case as an irregular Heroic Spirit,the existence of Avenger,70% of Shirou's achievements etc.There always was something that broke the rules so it's not surprising.Or Natalia gave him the most simply explanation she could think....
I'm thinking she was going for simple. If we're to explain the Dead Apostle ranking and such, The Dead, even though not Dead Apostles themselves, are still familiars of them and said to be even stronger than the actual two lower level Dead Apostle ranks (Ghoul and Living Dead). Shirley is te only Dead Apostle, the rest are just unwitting familiars of Shirley, and since she can't control her power she can't willingly create Ghouls yet either (Ghouls wouldn't ressurect so fast either).

I actually had to go back to the episode to check if it wasn't just the translation that was wonky and lo and behold, she does says "Shito"...several times in fact. She only says Vampire like 2 times then every other mention is "Dead Apostle". This is surprising actually, didn't expect them to make such a slip.
Leon-GunMay 8, 2012 4:31 AM

May 8, 2012 7:30 AM

Aug 2009
Leon-Gun said:
ssjokg said:
nothing956 said:

I'm thinking she was going for simple. If we're to explain the Dead Apostle ranking and such, The Dead, even though not Dead Apostles themselves, are still familiars of them and said to be even stronger than the actual two lower level Dead Apostle ranks (Ghoul and Living Dead). Shirley is te only Dead Apostle, the rest are just unwitting familiars of Shirley, and since she can't control her power she can't willingly create Ghouls yet either (Ghouls wouldn't ressurect so fast either).

I actually had to go back to the episode to check if it wasn't just the translation that was wonky and lo and behold, she does says "Shito"...several times in fact. She only says Vampire like 2 times then every other mention is "Dead Apostle". This is surprising actually, didn't expect them to make such a slip.

Maybe Nasu will ask them to change it in the BD?idk...
May 8, 2012 7:32 AM

Jan 2008
Oh boy, what a sad and quite complicated past of Kerry, I mean Kiritsugu. I understand that one cannot like what their parents do but with no hesitation in killing your father? I can't somehow comprehend it. Or, I must have missed the hesitation of moment of his.

Is it only me that I found the scene of the Mage with short straight hair and with bangs flicked his fingers to burn those DA kind of cool? LOL

Wuah, a new ED by Kalafina. It's very nice and the melody suited the ending scenes. Overall, this is a very good episode. Another glimpse of Kerry, I mean Kiritsugu's past.

tofei said:
Oh man, I can totally see this episode setting somewhere in any of the 7,107 islands here in the Philippines. The tropical Alimango Island as Shirley explains is indeed a Filipino word for crab, a mud crab to be exact. The presence of the church, which you can find almost anywhere in the country since the Philippines is a predominantly Christian country. That open basketball half court is also a fixture in any typical Filipino town even to the far flung and isolated ones, yup Filipinos are basketball crazy indeed. I could go on but oh well... XD

LOL, when I saw the scenery and heard the term Alimango, I got it by then that the setting is in Philippines.

If my memory serves me right, I read in Fate universe that the Philippines was included as one of those locations.
May 8, 2012 8:59 AM

Feb 2009
Best episode so far. Thought they were zombies though, not vampires haha.
May 8, 2012 12:56 PM
Dec 2007
Ahohime said:
Best episode so far. Thought they were zombies though, not vampires haha.
Well, they more or less ARE zombies...zombies who happen to drink blood on the side (and give it to their master). Shirley is the only one who's a vampire in the traditional sense.

May 8, 2012 2:20 PM

Feb 2010
Would really appreciate it if someone could .gif KERRYTUGU!
May 8, 2012 3:39 PM

Jun 2010
Great tragic episode... Along with a great ending song.
May 9, 2012 12:21 AM

Jun 2008
Lieila said:
Wuah, a new ED by Kalafina.

Not really new, since it's already present in the same single "To The beginning"

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
May 9, 2012 6:13 AM
Aug 2011
The next ep is a flashback ep too? :lolwut:
Preview:

PlotExMachinaMay 9, 2012 9:09 AM
May 9, 2012 6:31 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode. I'd love to see a continuation of what happened after.
May 9, 2012 7:41 AM
Dec 2007
Zilpzalp said:
WHY the fuck would you KILL your father for that? It is not like he did it on purpose, and Kiritsugu had no reason to believe that as well.

Do not tell me now that he did it because he feared his father might do something like that in the future. That is no reason for murder, especially not for a kid that should feel dependent on his parent.
He already felt slighted by his dad not teaching him magic. He didn't do it by anything rational like "he might do it in the future", he did it because he blamed him of SHirley's fate. The rest is just rationalization he will do in the future.

May 9, 2012 8:30 AM
Dec 2011
Zilpzalp said:
WHY the fuck would you KILL your father for that? It is not like he did it on purpose, and Kiritsugu had no reason to believe that as well.

Do not tell me now that he did it because he feared his father might do something like that in the future. That is no reason for murder, especially not for a kid that should feel dependent on his parent.

This episode was filled with idiots (Shirley was just as dumb as Kiritsugu was) and for me, it made F/Z a bit worse. Kiritsugu had no real reason to do what he did, his motives were not even explained on the basis of a child's reasoning. Therefore, this episode felt very, very unrealistic and unnatural.

But Kiritsugu's father did intends to experiment on humans, just it was unexpected that Shirley took it early. And he will experiment again, when he started a new theory on another place. He didn't show any remorse on the catastrophe that he had done.

And yes Kiritsugu did kill him because of that. And just like Natalia said it was a crappy reason to kill your father. It wasn't like Kiritsugu can't just knocked him out and turned him over to the Mage's Association. They can execute his father, there were no need for him to dirty his hand with his father's blood.

But he still kill Noritaka. Why? Because it's efficient and less risky. Noritaka might managed to escape both Kiritsugu and Natalia and then more lives will be sacrificed. It's much more faster if Kiritsugu kills him.

In other words it was the most logical action to do at that time, and Kiritsugu did it. It was sacrificing one life to save many, even if that one life is the most important person in his world, he would still do it. That is Kiritsugu's ideal.
May 9, 2012 9:35 AM

Aug 2009
Zilpzalp said:

This episode was filled with idiots (Shirley was just as dumb as Kiritsugu was) and for me, it made F/Z a bit worse. Kiritsugu had no real reason to do what he did, his motives were not even explained on the basis of a child's reasoning. Therefore, this episode felt very, very unrealistic and unnatural.

This whole second season sucked up until this point. The story has potential, the animation is fabulous, and the way the story is told is great at times.
But I just cannot seem to care about the characters. Saber is a dumb, naive bitch in F/Z, Archer is a real faggot, Kirei is as boring as a character can be (but he is unlikeable at the same time), and Kiritsugu IS interesting (I liked him overall as a character), but the screen time he gets is way too little, just like Rider, who was the most important character for me in season one anyway.
All this would not be a problem if they could somehow make me interested in how the characters will develop, but that is not the case, either. Archer, for example, is just an asshole I cannot relate to, and I do not care shit about what he wants to do, which is another opportunity to make ma want to watch this, and another one wasted.

Archers former master was interesting as well, and he was killed. This anime is seriously lacking characters I actually care for, and without that, an anime based on moral conflict and fights. If I do not root for any of the main characters and if I do not care for them, why would I care for their fight?

So far, the second season is 6/10 at best, because the art is pretty.

He had all the reasons do believe that.

lets compare Kiritsugu with an other famous parent killer:
Kiristsugu chose to kill his father to prevent the same thing happening again.What happened to Shirley made it easier for him to decide that.Lets not compare him with Yagami Light.

yeah right whatever..
Saber is the same if not worse in FSN.He IS a faggot in FSN but still better than any main character in many anime.Kirei: explain please....And when Kiritsugu gets screen time people rage about flashbacks,killing Lancer Team etc.Rider is a very good character but he ISNT more important than all of the above.
You want to relate to ALL of them?Whats the point in that?

Tokiomi was less interesting than any other character in the series(except for Assassin).If you are talking about his magi nobility bullshit, Kayneth was better especially when you put Waver against him since they believe in different things.

Characters you could care for:Kiritsugu since it's pretty obvious what his wish is and the reasons for that,Iri since the end of season one is in bad condition if you didnt notice.Sakura and Kariya.Waver and Rider.

no comment on score.....

Mod Edit: Spoiler tags added for plot reveal in another show.
rodacOct 14, 2013 12:02 AM
May 9, 2012 9:43 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
Zilpzalp said:

This whole second season sucked up until this point. The story has potential, the animation is fabulous, and the way the story is told is great at times.
But I just cannot seem to care about the characters. Saber is a dumb, naive bitch in F/Z, Archer is a real faggot, Kirei is as boring as a character can be (but he is unlikeable at the same time), and Kiritsugu IS interesting (I liked him overall as a character), but the screen time he gets is way too little, just like Rider, who was the most important character for me in season one anyway.
All this would not be a problem if they could somehow make me interested in how the characters will develop, but that is not the case, either. Archer, for example, is just an asshole I cannot relate to, and I do not care shit about what he wants to do, which is another opportunity to make ma want to watch this, and another one wasted.

Archers former master was interesting as well, and he was killed. This anime is seriously lacking characters I actually care for, and without that, an anime based on moral conflict and fights. If I do not root for any of the main characters and if I do not care for them, why would I care for their fight?

So far, the second season is 6/10 at best, because the art is pretty.

He had all the reasons do believe that.

lets compare Kiritsugu with an other famous parent killer: Lelouch.As much as I like him all the lives he took were because he hated his father and no it doesnt matter that he was 17-18 when he was able to do it,yet no one cares because he saved the world in the end.Kiristsugu choose to kill his father to prevent the same thing.What happened to Shirley made it easier for him to decide that.Lets not compare him with Yagami Light.

yeah right whatever..
Saber is the same if not worse in FSN.He IS a faggot in FSN but still better than any main character in many anime.Kirei: explain please....And when Kiritsugu gets screen time people rage about flashbacks,killing Lancer Team etc.Rider is a very good character but he ISNT more important than all of the above.
You want to relate to ALL of them?Whats the point in that?

Tokiomi was less interesting than any other character in the series(except for Assassin).If you are talking about his magi nobility bullshit, Kayneth was better especially when you put Waver against him since they believe in different things.

Characters you could care for:Kiritsugu since it's pretty obvious what his wish is and the reasons for that,Iri since the end of season one is in bad condition if you didnt notice.Sakura and Kariya.Waver and Rider.

no comment on score.....

i stopped caring about his opinions as soon as he said kirei is uninteresting and archer is a faggot
its as if he just skipped all their dialogue episodes and went straight for the fighting ones...

kiritsugu is weak thats why he blamed his father for the village's extermination to try to ease the burden on his own consciousness while in reality he could totally have prevented it by killing shirley
BloodRequiemMay 9, 2012 9:48 AM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
May 9, 2012 9:54 AM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:

i stopped caring about his opinions as soon as he said kirei is uninteresting and archer is a faggot
its as if he just skipped all their dialogue episodes and went straight for the fighting ones...

kiritsugu is weak thats why he blamed his father for the village's extermination to try to ease the burden on his own consciousness while in reality he could totally have prevented it by killing shirley

and yet he says 2nd season sucks?

no point explaining since no shounen anime character would act like that which is what he was looking for.A little kid mature as fuck in seinen anime is a reason to drop it so I am glad that Kiritsugu wasnt as reasonable as characters in shounen anime.
May 9, 2012 11:21 AM

Jan 2011
Best episode so far, I would've loved it if they made this at least 2 episodes instead.
I'm really looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 9, 2012 12:36 PM

Aug 2011
Innocent Kerry = AM I WATCHING THE RIGHT SHOW!?
May 9, 2012 1:12 PM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

and yet he says 2nd season sucks?

no point explaining since no shounen anime character would act like that which is what he was looking for.A little kid mature as fuck in seinen anime is a reason to drop it so I am glad that Kiritsugu wasnt as reasonable as characters in shounen anime.
Heh yeah, also someone got it right. Indeed, Kiritsugu killed because of emotions. Shirley begged him to kill her because she knew what would happen (as a magi's assistant she probably had some basic knowledge, not to mention anyone would guess what's going on when they suddenly have an urge to drink the blood of everything in sight) but Kiritsugu couldn't.

Also, may I add that killing Norikata in itself was a mercy. The Mage's Association wasn't going to kill him, they were going to "Seal" him, in essence making him a prisoner for the rest of his life (and getting access to his family's research). They actually stole most of the Emiya Crest and only allowed Kiritsugu to keep the "crappy" parts of it.

May 9, 2012 3:21 PM

Mar 2012
I am dissatisfied with Kerry's lack of justification for killing his father.

This also should have been two episodes to explain things more clearly. I thought that it was Shirley who tried to test out the vampire drug independently, but then again, Emiya father seemed to have known what was going to happen somehow...?
May 9, 2012 5:27 PM

Mar 2009
ataraxial said:

This also should have been two episodes to explain things more clearly. I thought that it was Shirley who tried to test out the vampire drug independently, but then again, Emiya father seemed to have known what was going to happen somehow...?

When Kiritsugu woke up, his father asked him if he went to the laboratory, thus he probably reached the conclusion that Shirley was the one who took it and simply let the whole city become part of his experiment
May 9, 2012 8:35 PM

Jan 2010
ataraxial said:

His father did know what was going to happen. When Kerry woke up his father asked him if he had been in his workshop. Obviously this was because something was missing, and this missing object was subsequently revealed to be the experimental drug that turns people into Dead Apostles.

There is plenty of justification for killing his father. First, lets look into Kerry and Shirley's relationship. Earlier in the episode Shirley refers to Kerry as "like my younger brother" to which Kerry shows disappointment. This is where we are introduced to Kerry's romantic feelings towards Shirley. It is reinforced later when Kerry gets flustered when talking to Shirley by the lake. Now, with this in mind, after Kerry reveals to his father that Shirley stole the medicine his father shows no remorse or regret. In addition to this when Kerry asks if he will "use him like he used Shirley" instead of outright denying it, he says "Don't be ridiculous, a dead apostle that can't control it's bloodlust is a failure" implying that, in the future, he will indeed experiment on Kerry.

Building on this, the previous line further insinuates Kerry's father's uncaring attitude towards humanity by implying that he will continue these experiments that are so obviously dangerous in the future. Based on this we can draw two conclusions:

1. Half of the reason Kerry killed his father was because of his cold attitude towards the death of Shirley, Kerry's romantic interest.

2. The other reason is that Kerry completely understands the consequences of letting his father live; the death of countless innocent people. With his understanding of these consequences Kerry forms the resolve to stop his father for the good of humanity.

In other words, kill few to save many, the very mantra of the adult Kiritsugu.
May 9, 2012 10:01 PM

Apr 2012
Selsica said:
ataraxial said:

His father did know what was going to happen. When Kerry woke up his father asked him if he had been in his workshop. Obviously this was because something was missing, and this missing object was subsequently revealed to be the experimental drug that turns people into Dead Apostles.

There is plenty of justification for killing his father. First, lets look into Kerry and Shirley's relationship. Earlier in the episode Shirley refers to Kerry as "like my younger brother" to which Kerry shows disappointment. This is where we are introduced to Kerry's romantic feelings towards Shirley. It is reinforced later when Kerry gets flustered when talking to Shirley by the lake. Now, with this in mind, after Kerry reveals to his father that Shirley stole the medicine his father shows no remorse or regret. In addition to this when Kerry asks if he will "use him like he used Shirley" instead of outright denying it, he says "Don't be ridiculous, a dead apostle that can't control it's bloodlust is a failure" implying that, in the future, he will indeed experiment on Kerry.

Building on this, the previous line further insinuates Kerry's father's uncaring attitude towards humanity by implying that he will continue these experiments that are so obviously dangerous in the future. Based on this we can draw two conclusions:

1. Half of the reason Kerry killed his father was because of his cold attitude towards the death of Shirley, Kerry's romantic interest.

2. The other reason is that Kerry completely understands the consequences of letting his father live; the death of countless innocent people. With his understanding of these consequences Kerry forms the resolve to stop his father for the good of humanity.

In other words, kill few to save many, the very mantra of the adult Kiritsugu.

"experiment on kerry"
and lose an heir to pass the crest onto?...nice logic there
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
May 9, 2012 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
But isn't his goal to produce an immortal member of the family who can spend the time necessary to research the root? At some point either he or his son will take the improved drug to obtain immortality. His major concern is that at this time apostles are immortal killing machines (due to their uncontrolled thirst for blood) which will draw all the wrong sort of attention. If he could create an immortal apostle who would control their urges enough to keep the angry mobs of executors and mages from forming, then he would consider the whole process a success.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 9, 2012 10:28 PM

Apr 2012
rodac said:
But isn't his goal to produce an immortal member of the family who can spend the time necessary to research the root? At some point either he or his son will take the improved drug to obtain immortality. His major concern is that at this time apostles are immortal killing machines (due to their uncontrolled thirst for blood) which will draw all the wrong sort of attention. If he could create an immortal apostle who would control their urges enough to keep the angry mobs of executors and mages from forming, then he would consider the whole process a success.

he doesnt even know whether or not the drug will work (most likely not...shirley was barely a vampire...not even near to a dead apostle)
so why the hell would he even consider experimenting it on kiritsugu?
important word here : EXPERIMENTING
yes he may treat others like shit but he isnt gonna risk his own heir
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Apr 7, 2012

529 by CondeSebastian »»
May 23, 3:10 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

14 by Spoopy69 »»
May 17, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.