Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 21, 2012 12:39 PM

May 2012
Begin was quite nice to have a bit of backstory of lancer! now he also has a new master! The rest of the episode was quite decent!
Dec 21, 2012 3:05 PM

Nov 2009
that dude's wife, the master of lancer, is a bitch! Why didn't lancer notice his master being tortured to give up the command seals? Oh well, on a side note it seems Caster and his master have been busy...
Dec 22, 2012 8:32 AM

Aug 2009
Pirating_Ninja said:
that dude's wife, the master of lancer, is a bitch! Why didn't lancer notice his master being tortured to give up the command seals? Oh well, on a side note it seems Caster and his master have been busy...

Any woman would become a bitch after looking at Lancer's face.That's his curse.not joking.
Mar 3, 2013 12:02 PM

Jan 2012
Psycho bitch Sola showed her true colors.

Mar 7, 2013 5:12 AM

Aug 2009
ownosourus said:
Psycho bitch Sola showed her true colors.
Not her fault.Iri & Saber would be the same if they didnt have such resistance in magic.
Mar 8, 2013 10:11 AM
Jan 2010
I think it's a load of shit that Lancer can feel that his master is in danger when someone is shooting at him but not when a random prostitute is breaking his fingers.
But then again, this show is a load of shit in many other ways as well.
Mar 8, 2013 11:21 AM

Aug 2009
wailofthebanshee said:
I think it's a load of shit that Lancer can feel that his master is in danger when someone is shooting at him but not when a random prostitute is breaking his fingers.
But then again, this show is a load of shit in many other ways as well.
Yeah because being in a near death situation in a pool of blood having your entire body messed up from the inside can actually be compared with having a finger broken without even feeling pain.
Mar 9, 2013 1:50 AM
Jan 2010
"Feeling pain" has fuck all to do with anything.
This bitch broke all of his fingers one by one. Who knows what the fuck else she did off screen Are you saying the master wasn't "in danger" in that situation, nerdbreath?

As expected from Type-Moon. This shit is just as bad as FSN.
Mar 9, 2013 3:57 AM

Aug 2009
wailofthebanshee said:
"Feeling pain" has fuck all to do with anything.
This bitch broke all of his fingers one by one. Who knows what the fuck else she did off screen Are you saying the master wasn't "in danger" in that situation, nerdbreath?

As expected from Type-Moon. This shit is just as bad as FSN.
Oh yeah another one of those elitist hipsters.I forgot we have those here.
Jun 11, 2013 9:35 AM

Apr 2013
Felt sorry for those children :(
Damn this Caster and his master. Kayneth's wife is a psycho bitch.
Jun 11, 2013 9:36 AM

Aug 2009
Always-Hungry said:
Felt sorry for those children :(
Damn this Caster and his master. Kayneth's wife is a psycho bitch.
Well it isnt her fault.
Jun 11, 2013 10:10 AM

Nov 2012
in the beginning of the episode.. why kayneth has a dream about lancer past? kinda confuse :/

btw sola is kind of creepy :/ that fake face is to much to lancer :/
oh, sola look like she love lancer -_- what is it? true love? -_-

btw, where is caster? why isn't he just die already :3
Jun 11, 2013 11:08 AM

Apr 2013
And let me add this. Considering Kayneth state even if a few of his fingers are been broken he won't necessarily scream like shit. And i'm speaking from my personal experience.
Jun 11, 2013 11:14 AM

Nov 2012
Always-Hungry said:
And let me add this. Considering Kayneth state even if a few of his fingers are been broken he won't necessarily scream like shit. And i'm speaking from my personal experience.

so one of your finger was break? :o and you dont even scream a bit?
Jun 11, 2013 11:16 AM

Apr 2013
makarov52 said:
Always-Hungry said:

Nope. At the moment when it breaks it hurts like shit but not enough to make you scream ^_^
Jun 11, 2013 11:43 AM

Nov 2012
Always-Hungry said:
makarov52 said:
Always-Hungry said:

Nope. At the moment when it breaks it hurts like shit but not enough to make you scream ^_^

hmm hmm.. I can imagine it.. you know I even say "AAA" just because my finger is get wrench -_-
Jun 11, 2013 12:41 PM

Aug 2009
makarov52 said:
in the beginning of the episode.. why kayneth has a dream about lancer past? kinda confuse :/

btw sola is kind of creepy :/ that fake face is to much to lancer :/
oh, sola look like she love lancer -_- what is it? true love? -_-

btw, where is caster? why isn't he just die already :3
THe Master and Servant are connected.It is normal for the Servant's memories to flow into the Master.

No it isnt rue love.She is in "love" with him because of his curse.Saber and Iri would also have fallen for him if therydidnt have their magical resistance.

Always-Hungry said:
He cant feel much anyway at his state.
Jun 29, 2013 10:41 AM

Feb 2013
I doubt that Kayneth's wife will wish for her husband's recovery if she attains the Holy Grains.

Rider keeps stealing the scene whenever he appears. xD

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 18, 2013 3:10 PM

May 2013
The Lancer scenes were great, and the episode in general was great.
Jul 23, 2013 4:31 PM

Feb 2010
The charm, the ladies can't resist it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2013 11:49 PM

Jan 2013
Great as always.
Still no deaths
Sep 17, 2013 2:09 PM
May 2013
sankar said:
Lancer past is cruel.
To bad that he suffered that much.

Poor Kayneth , betrayed by his beautiful wife .

RediceRyan said:
Great as always.
Still no deaths

In this episode I finally realized that Kirei has a army of assassins.
Oct 2, 2013 2:14 AM

Apr 2013
Zarnaav said:
In this episode I finally realized that Kirei has a army of assassins.

Uh, took you long enough!

Sola is a manipulative beeyatch.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 9, 2013 4:15 PM

Sep 2011
Am I the only one who didn't feel all that sad for Kayneth?
I mean taking away something that pretty much made your life is sad, but it's not like he was such a good person that I should feel any sadness for him :/ (Damn that finger though, I could almost feel it ;_;)
Lol at his wife being under Lancer's charm :D

Lancer's past is sad :(

Rider being himself made the episode again. I'm happy Waver did something to contribute to the fight finally too :D
Oct 9, 2013 9:17 PM

Aug 2009
RazielZero said:
Am I the only one who didn't feel all that sad for Kayneth?
I mean taking away something that pretty much made your life is sad, but it's not like he was such a good person that I should feel any sadness for him :/ (Damn that finger though, I could almost feel it ;_;)
Lol at his wife being under Lancer's charm :D

Lancer's past is sad :(

Rider being himself made the episode again. I'm happy Waver did something to contribute to the fight finally too :D

I dont think that anybody did at this point.
And he isnt such a bad person.He is an asshole professor but unlike some other bastard of the series coughTokiomicough Kayneth isnt bad at all.
Dec 8, 2013 4:13 AM

Dec 2012
Lancer's brief history montage always confuses me, I can't tell exactly what's going on. At least I got the gist of it.

Rider is the ultimate badass. Kamina can't touch this
Dec 8, 2013 4:39 AM

Aug 2009
davidfresh said:
Lancer's brief history montage always confuses me, I can't tell exactly what's going on. At least I got the gist of it.

Rider is the ultimate badass. Kamina can't touch this

He fell in love( or made her because of the curse)with Ghrainne who was his lord's fiance.He took her away and his lord hunt them down.At some point his lord forgave .Then when he went hunting with Lancer,he let Lancer die after he received a lethal blow from a boar, although he could have easily saved him.
Wiki:
Eventually, Fionn pardoned Diarmuid after Aonghus Og interceded on their behalf; Diarmaid and Grainne lived in peace at Ceis Chorainn for several years. They had five children: four sons and a daughter. Diarmuid had a fort built, which they called Rath Grainia. However, they went for years without visiting Grainne's father Cormac Mac Art and Diarmaid's former comrades. So Grainne persuaded Diarmaid to invited them to a feast, including Fionn and the Fianna. One night, Fionn invited Diarmuid on a boar hunt on the heath of Benn Gulbain, Diarmuid only took his short sword Begallta and his yellow spear, Gáe buide, not his best weapons: his long sword Móralltach and red spear, Gáe derg. He was badly gored by a giant boar. The boar had already killed a number of warriors and hounds. Water drunk from Fionn's hands had the power of healing, but when Fionn gathered water he would deliberately let it run through his fingers before he could bring it to Diarmuid. He had to be threatened by his son Oisín and grandson Oscar to play fair. The ageing Fianna captain feared his grandson's wrath and fetched the water a third time, but this time he was too late: Diarmuid had died. Of all Diarmuid's companions, only Fionn didn't mourn for Diarmuid.
ssjokgDec 8, 2013 5:36 AM
Dec 8, 2013 4:45 AM

Dec 2012
Wow that is tragic. Thanks
Jan 11, 2014 6:24 PM

Mar 2009
Saber spoke about the Holy Grail War being a war waged by servants and their masters and not involving innocent people. I know that this would have been a distraction, but I would had thought that someone would had notified the parents of the missing children that-unfortunately-their remains had been found. But then that would had involved returning them to their parents and I'm sure that it would have taken up a lot of time better spent in fighting! Just a thought.
Rider is awesome, as usual. Being repulsed by what he saw but at the same time alert enough to protect his master from the assassins was very impressive. And I'm glad to see that Waiver does have a bit of a brain instead of being mere comic relief.
Still, it was Rider's idea to destroy Castor's location.
I hope Rider kicks his ass but good. There is nothing noble about him or his master (and the Grail chose them?! I'd love to know the reasoning behind that!)
That Sola is a bitch. I don't believe for a minute that she wants the Grail to help Kayenth recover from his wounds. So I guess in the future we'll see what her real wish is.
IszumiJan 11, 2014 6:29 PM
Jan 11, 2014 6:30 PM

Mar 2009
MelbShaw said:
The charm, the ladies can't resist it!

...and that birthmark near his eye doesn't hurt either...!
Jan 11, 2014 6:43 PM
Nov 2013
Iszumi said:
That Sola is a bitch. I don't believe for a minute that she wants the Grail to help Kayenth recover from his wounds. So I guess in the future we'll see what her real wish is.

At first I thought that too but then I changed my mind, I think she is being sincere. Would be nice if someone could confirm her true intentions.
Jan 11, 2014 10:38 PM

Aug 2009
I think that calling a woman that never wanted to marry her fiance and then was charmed by a curse a butch is too much.
Iszumi said:

There is nothing noble about him or his master (and the Grail chose them?! I'd love to know the reasoning behind that!)

Ryunosuke is from a forgotten magi family and he made several attempts at summoning a Servant.That is why he was chosen.
As for Caster...well...spoilers...
Feb 4, 2014 9:52 AM

May 2013
Great episode c:
Mar 5, 2014 7:07 PM

Dec 2012
And this episode has reaffirmed that Rider is my favorite. He's a great mix of straightforward but also insightful. For example, patting Waver on the head to get his mind off the gore he'd seen in Caster's lair.

Sora definitely has some nasty motives going on, and it looks like Kirei is starting to ponder more on Gilgamesh's words.
Mar 30, 2014 4:15 PM

Dec 2013
hm, I wouldn't trust Sola as far as I could throw her. Broke her own husbands finger! She's try'n to pull somethin...
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 31, 2014 3:40 AM

Aug 2009
Thund3r1 said:
hm, I wouldn't trust Sola as far as I could throw her. Broke her own husbands finger! She's try'n to pull somethin...
IF you can trust someone that is CURSED to do anything for someone then you would have a problem.Well not her fault but anyway...
Apr 29, 2014 8:40 AM

Dec 2013
The background-story of Lancer was really attrecting me. And I really enjoy watching scenes with Alexander ^^
May 6, 2014 5:18 AM

Jan 2009
1. How can kayneth's wife snap his fingers like that…

2. Caster's layer full of dead kids was hard to watch

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 22, 2014 12:27 AM
Jun 2013
Umm why didint lancer come to his master aid when his fingers were being broken.I thought they had a mental connection to sense danger like he did in the previous episode.I read up on the lancer character background before he was lancer and boy his curse is not all that its cut out to be.Also I dont think he could ever know true love since since its done by magic its basically fake love.Oh boy we got a crazy chick whos been caught with the curse.Rider getting wasted all right.Well shit just got more real for waver.I would have the same reaction.Rider being a boss giving the kids at least a ash burial.I cant wait to see caster and his master bite it.
May 22, 2014 6:40 AM

Nov 2013
souledge94 said:
Umm why didint lancer come to his master aid when his fingers were being broken.I thought they had a mental connection to sense danger like he did in the previous episode.

Probably because it wasn't life threatening and/or Sola was 'tending to his injuries.' Certain things might hurt real bad when someone is trying to fix you up, aka Lancer didn't pay too much attention to it.
Jun 7, 2014 12:04 AM

Jan 2012
I love how Lancer's past is repeating itself because he still has his beauty mark which is as much a curse as it is a boon. It could be a lolworthy premise - "this guy gets so much pussy that he always ruins his male friends' lives" - but it was actually pretty poignant and I think he's swoonworthy both looks and personality wise <3

Also it won't happen but if I had my way, Rider and his master would win this whole thing, cause they're the pair I enjoy most. I hope the master eventually grows balls. And I hope Rider conquers the world.
Jun 7, 2014 12:12 AM

Mar 2013
Botato said:
souledge94 said:
Umm why didint lancer come to his master aid when his fingers were being broken.I thought they had a mental connection to sense danger like he did in the previous episode.

Probably because it wasn't life threatening and/or Sola was 'tending to his injuries.' Certain things might hurt real bad when someone is trying to fix you up, aka Lancer didn't pay too much attention to it.

Apparently, Lancer either didn't notice or chose to ignore it when Kayneth got shot through the shoulder with a .30-06 round the first time. I don't think breaking a few fingers compares to that.

Course, Kayneth could have used a command spell to summon Lancer, but that's a rather pointless action.
Jun 7, 2014 12:51 AM

Nov 2013
fst said:
Botato said:

Apparently, Lancer either didn't notice or chose to ignore it when Kayneth got shot through the shoulder with a .30-06 round the first time. I don't think breaking a few fingers compares to that.

Course, Kayneth could have used a command spell to summon Lancer, but that's a rather pointless action.

But wasn't he like occupied fighting Caster or something?In this other situation he wasn't doing anything.
Either way it doesn't seem like servants feel that much in general. I mean sure the bullet went through his shoulder but it wasn't life threatening. The origin bullet though...
Jun 7, 2014 1:01 AM

Mar 2013
Botato said:
But wasn't he like occupied fighting Caster or something?In this other situation he wasn't doing anything.

Yea, he was probably all "it's only a flesh wound" and ignored it.

Botato said:
Either way it doesn't seem like servants feel that much in general.

Perhaps, but Lancer has a weird contract with the whole dual masters thing.

Botato said:
I mean sure the bullet went through his shoulder but it wasn't life threatening.

Yea, but I don't get how that worked. A .30-06 round to the body anywhere, even if fired from a 14" barrel, and even if Volumen Hydragrum took out a 9mm round's worth of energy from it, is not the kind of thing you shrug off and keep on fighting through. It's a pretty powerful cartridge.
Jun 7, 2014 2:05 AM

Nov 2013
I didn't say he shrugs it off, it just doesn't pose immediate threat to his life. Like maybe he'd die from blood loss or something but he seemed fine for the most part. Compare that to what happened to him after he got shot with the origin bullet o.o
Jun 24, 2014 4:25 PM

Apr 2014
Favorite episode so far. From Lancer to Saber to the fabulous Rider (and his Waver).

Besides Caster + Caster's master, I don' want anyone to die.

Okay, basically all this:
Ninah said:
I love how Lancer's past is repeating itself because he still has his beauty mark which is as much a curse as it is a boon. It could be a lolworthy premise - "this guy gets so much pussy that he always ruins his male friends' lives" - but it was actually pretty poignant and I think he's swoonworthy both looks and personality wise <3

Also it won't happen but if I had my way, Rider and his master would win this whole thing, cause they're the pair I enjoy most. I hope the master eventually grows balls. And I hope Rider conquers the world.
currycurryJun 24, 2014 4:46 PM
Aug 8, 2014 2:20 PM

Oct 2012
Lancer never should trust her. Sola is poised to break her promise. His backstory will repeat yet again.
And I actually kinda like Waver. He finally did something useful.

Anyway, good episode, I like that conversation in drainage and Saber's defiance.
Now I wonder how long before Kiritsugu finally realizes that while pursuing his noble idea he tramples on everything this idea represent.
Mich666Aug 8, 2014 2:30 PM
Aug 31, 2014 10:43 AM

Jun 2014
Damn, Sola somehow looked posessed when she broke Kayneth's finger.
Pretty good episode. Not the best one so far, but still pretty good.
Sep 4, 2014 11:16 PM

Jan 2014
Sola-Ui wants dat Dia booty. All the girls do.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite female character in fate universe?

Ain2Zwei - May 21

37 by LightNoragami1 »»
Today, 1:51 AM

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

19 by Ashikhi »»
May 25, 5:39 AM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.