Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 17, 2015 6:24 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm I didn't really like Elfenlied, but this seems good. I'm curious how this will go one. The start was nice and a lot of fanservice.

Jun 16, 2015 8:01 AM

May 2013
Satellizer el Bridget the Untouchable Queen is pretty OP. And merciless.
And all of a sudden, annoying MC Kazuya gets to touch her. WTF.

I love the gore and the boobs, but hopefully not too much.
I need more backstory!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 3, 2016 4:37 PM

Dec 2015
I didn't expect this to be so bloody. The untouchable queen and yet he just went and hugged her lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 30, 2016 12:41 AM

Feb 2014
Yup, this is totally NOT a battle ecchi (or whatever you call this) version of Evangelion.

And yeah, didn't expect to see so much gore. Not sure why all these high school girls are slaughtering each other in the goriest way possible, all the while being watched by creepy old men from the military.

These fights with the Angels Nova look like bringing toothpicks to a tank fight. Why aren't they fighting them with something more comparable in power and size, like, I don't know, a mecha or something?

Still, as a dumb ecchi anime, this looks like a pretty fun and entertaining show.
Jan 23, 2017 11:29 AM

Dec 2016
I thought this was a prequel to Frozen.

But really, that first episode made the show seem better/less dumb than I had anticipated. Although the protagonist could prove detrimental moving forward. Like seemingly everybody else ITT, I found him annoying and hope that it continues to be more focused on the rest of the cast moving forward.
Sep 11, 2017 8:37 PM

Jun 2015
Well... muh guro fetish I didn't know I had, I guess?

This comment section, though. I will never understand complaining about Ecchi in an Ecchi show, gtfo children xD Not sure if I'm going to enjoy this yet or not, if the fanservice keeps up there's that at least, but the story could quickly become pretty convoluted though by the looks of it.

Aug 30, 2019 7:58 AM
Nov 2013
Generic Looking MC

Emotional AF

His ass was probably why his sister was late and had to sacrifice herself cause everyone got beat before she got there.

And now he is apparently delusional.

"i KnOw i WaS jUsT vIsItInG mY sIsTeR's GrAvE bUt aRe yOU mY sIsTeR???"

Fucking stupid.

The moment he went into his delusion I had to pause every two seconds to shout out my frustrations :/

The scene was so fucking painful.
NakuyAug 30, 2019 8:05 AM
Oct 1, 2020 10:34 AM
Mar 2019
I didn't come into this show with many expectations but I left the first episode rather surprised.
I really liked the moody atmosphere the show opened up on, and this mysterious and attractive girl is what we are first met with. From the get go it is clear she is some kind of badass super soldier just simply in the way she is portrayed, from her expression to the framing of the shot. Once the first transformation was completed, the design immediately reminded me of Saber. Don't get me wrong; I'm not calling for a direct Saber rip off, her attitude is much more sinister from first appearance. Based on this, and the setting of the show, I had a hunch that we would be seeing some kind of Saber/Major mish-mash here.

I had some issues with some of the side characters already. There is a lot of unnecessary exposition that the audience can easily piece together for themselves; specifically the identity-less military officials describing the battle simulation as if the audience couldn't already tell.

There was actually some surprising qualities to the animation here. Some great sakuga during Untouchable Queen's fight scene with the other high ranking students. The shot of the slow motion raindrops rising built anticipation for her movement action. The VFX on the different power-ups/transformations were really interesting to look at and many of the CG assets actually felt like they matched the world well; this is something that is usually very difficult to pull off, so imagine my surprise when above average CG integration is found in some random ecchi harem I threw on in a whim!

But of course; lets not forget the female lead must have some classic ecchi trope quirk like not letting people touch her... so meta.

Sound design was really solid during the climax of the episode. Having all battle noises fade into the background and the voice track as the only audible source made for a cool sequence. Both OP and ED are bangers too!

Freezing kicks off with a stronger than expected start with a solid 7/10
Nov 19, 2022 3:12 PM
Dec 2021
First episode was Amazing and I didn't stop to click next
Jun 9, 2023 6:59 PM
Mar 2022
This sack of pathetic beta bitch worthless sis-con loser who ignores Satelizer at every single turn touching the ever living shit out of her ignoring her over and over despite he telling him your fucking gross dont touch me and jerks away multiple times... he is ball-less, a loser, annoying as fucking hell, worthless, and just an all around mega beta bitch type mc...  seriously no doubt in my mind this simpin lil sissy is going to go down as a top 5 all time most hated and useless pathetic loser mcs ever. 
Mar 19, 6:17 AM

Feb 2022
At first I thought this is the perfect start for a perfect ecchi type anime. The fan service didn't feel forced, the fighting scenes, especially between the humans were awesome, and the idea of an op main female character was very well represented. The backstories were quite cliche, but still nicely done, the only thing that left a bitter taste in my mouth was the ending scene when the main guy character out of nowhere decides that Satellizer somehow resembles his sister. This was very dumb since nothing could have made him thought that, it was just childish and second-hand embarrassment inducing.

The opening was very cool in my opinion, and the song was good. The ending had an interesting idea behind it, so also very enjoyable.

The details with the writings appearing at the start of the episode, in the classroom, on the fighting status boards are a very nice concept. If you pause to read them, they give some useful insight into how the whole power system in the world works like, so bonus point for this.

If it keeps up the same way in future episodes, but with a progressively better main guy character, I feel like this anime has the potential to be an almost perfect ecchi action type anime.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kiba1996 - Feb 25, 2011

96 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 18, 2011

94 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Feb 12, 2011

78 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 4, 2011

99 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 21, 2011

127 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.