Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2010 9:31 PM

Feb 2010
Okira said:
for me it was pretty much ruined by the Saeko-Takashi implied sex scene and WAAAY too much fanservice

Those were my complaints as well. I feel like, if those weren't present, I could give this a 9/10 or even a 10/10 depending....

BUT i can't. This episode was VERY solid. It was exactly what I wanted.... episode 1 thru 3... and this episode were, in my opinion, perfect.
.. but so many episodes were lame and stupid and practically zombieless....

but zombie action/excellent animation/plot/war =win... sooo..

7/10!!!!
MusashiRoseSep 21, 2010 8:56 AM
Sep 20, 2010 9:40 PM
May 2010
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE FAIL
This failtrain went directly into the failtrain station
worst ending ever
Sep 20, 2010 10:46 PM

May 2010
A 6 is what I will give.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 20, 2010 10:58 PM

Aug 2010
question...LOL who was di random girl @ di end???
Sep 20, 2010 11:02 PM
Feb 2009
While this show was certainly entertaining. It suffered too much from inconsistencies and ridiculous plot developments to be great. The whole time they're in trouble I'm wondering why, if they've established that the zombies respond only to sound, they don't all just sneak the fuck away from the horde. This, among other things, lessened my enjoyment of the show overall.

6/10
Sep 20, 2010 11:04 PM

Aug 2009
Finally this shit has ended. 5/10
Sep 20, 2010 11:31 PM

Aug 2008
8/10

Waiting 2nd season.
Sep 20, 2010 11:34 PM
May 2010
KingOmerta said:
question...LOL who was di random girl @ di end???

you need to read the manga....

Sep 20, 2010 11:37 PM

Nov 2009
I AM VERY PLEASED. :D

So worth it. Wicked as anime. I hope there'll be another season!!
Twas FECKING AWESOME.
Sep 21, 2010 12:14 AM

Jan 2010
adis said:
The show did have many flows(mostly fan service related). The first three episodes were perfect, then the lack of zombie bashing in favor of tits so enormous that there were more grotesque than nice, was annoying, but in the end who caress, I still really enjoyed the series as a whole.

Grotesque and, I would add, cartoonish. I guess the whole show was over the top from head to toe but I think the character designs would have been more appealing if the women had somewhat normal physiques.

While it was okay, I'm disappointed in the ending. Not because it didn't resolve everything. That's what a second season is for and the show seems popular enough to have earned one. But it basically wiped out everything that they'd done for the previous few episodes. They might as well have never visited Takagi's place.

Yes, Takagi seems to have grown a bit but they could have done that without spending four episodes with her parents -- and they never even made their attempt to leave the place. The EMP was a reset button and it didn't help. It might have made sense if they'd actually taken over the power station (or wherever they were going). Hitting 'reset' at that point would have been fitting for a zombie show.

Having said all that, not spending the time at the Takagi estate might have meant that Yuriko wouldn't have had to rip her dress in such a fetching manner. Given how she was dressed for a fight, she's clearly a woman who doesn't believe in sensible shoes.
Sep 21, 2010 12:16 AM

Jan 2010
singAlong said:
I still think it's silly that people complain about the fanservice. Do you complain about romance series that have romance?

Good point. Especially after twelve episodes. It's not like it wasn't pretty clear from episode one.
Sep 21, 2010 12:25 AM

Apr 2009
GREAT EPISODE!! MASTERPIECE HOTD >>>>>>> ALL /troll

Just kidding, going to low the score for 3, the last episode was as good as the others...or maybe as bad? Either way works.
Sep 21, 2010 12:55 AM

Mar 2009
The beginning was good. The only thing I really liked past the first few episodes was the ED song at the end of episode 11 (which I must have the full ver asap)

I don't understand how this has a score above 8.0 on MAL.

5/10
Sep 21, 2010 1:04 AM

Jun 2010
End was... normal. And pretty obvious :/!
I like the 'action' after the end of the chapter, but it's all.
6/10
Laurine_AndersenSep 21, 2010 1:13 AM
Sep 21, 2010 1:26 AM

May 2008
i dun like the ending at all, how did all this happen in the first place?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 21, 2010 2:40 AM

Mar 2009
Typical and tremendously weak ending.
Sep 21, 2010 2:49 AM

May 2010
nice one but want more ;/

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Sep 21, 2010 3:17 AM

May 2010
Nothing interesting, at least it ended.
Sep 21, 2010 7:12 AM

Sep 2010
akromataof said:
Okay..That was one unsatisfying last episode.It looked to me like they ran out of ideas and decided to leave the things "unsettled".Or they want a 2nd season..First of all what was the meaning of that nuking?And that electro-whatever thing??They disabled the electronic devices so that the zombies wouldn't use cellphones or airplaines to fly??That didn't make sense.Unless their purpose was to wipe all humanity in a more suffering way.Leave them without communication and escape methods so that they will eventually be eaten..Anyway that whole politics thing isn't my strong field..
I would like to know how it all started..What was the cause of that zombie-wondering around thing. would like a 2nd season but only if it would explain some of this stuff and show the END.And by that i mean who dies, who lives,how it all ends, do they kill the zombies, do they flee to another planet, do they all die etc..

electron magnetic field (EMF) was generated due to the explosions of nuke warheads in the sky... i think they were originally planning to nuke Russia or China... but intercepting missiles launched by CIC caused them to explode in the sky and that caused EMF....
Sep 21, 2010 7:13 AM

Oct 2007
its over and awaiting how BD sales do, too high and s2 may just be coming
Sep 21, 2010 7:45 AM
Jun 2010
Did you saw the Top Watched Anime of the day 20 September??? :O , 7,052 episodes of H.O.T.D watched :O!
Sep 21, 2010 7:46 AM

Oct 2009
All those who would rate this show poorly didn't watch it.
Hence the above average MAL rating.
<.< >.>
NaratchiSep 21, 2010 8:03 AM
Sep 21, 2010 8:35 AM

May 2009
this ended just as i hoped it would end, and they animated the scenes i wanted to watch the most from the manga... how could i not be satisfied?? yeah, it was an open ending, thats what i wanted, its way better to wait for a s2 instead of having a horrible filler ending (Claymore any1?). Anyways, when they announced this as a 12 ep series i said: "i want it to end with the EMP blast" and it did, so i loved it, thanks MADHOUSE

give me S2 or ill rage o-o!
Sep 21, 2010 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
There most likely have an ova/season 2 seeing where they are at and police woman. Manga followers would know who she is and why this place is significant.

Gravity-defying humvee = LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

Fight seens were WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP
Sep 21, 2010 9:44 AM

Sep 2010
Its funny how people claim to hate this anime so much. But still watch the next episode.
Bitches Love Smiley Faces... : )
Sep 21, 2010 9:58 AM

Jun 2008
oOTONEOo said:
Its funny how people claim to hate this anime so much. But still watch the next episode.

Their defense is that you can watch something horrible and still find it entertaining, I don't agree; but that's their opinion and I'm tired of fighting with those kinds of people anyways.

HOTD has a good fanbase, but like any other popular entity it has people who hate it, which is fine, but a show like this can never hope to attain a higher rating, no matter how "good" it may be or become.

In all honesty it does have a few problems, but of course fans who enjoy it don't focus and pick at every little nonsense that the haters and skeptics poke at.
--ALEX--Sep 21, 2010 10:01 AM
Sep 21, 2010 10:19 AM

Jul 2009
If it's horrible AND entertaining, why rate it a 1? It's done its job if you're entertained. Only time something should be rated 1 (unwatchable) is if you can't make it past the first few episodes (CampanellaCOUGH)
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 21, 2010 10:57 AM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:

Their defense is that you can watch something horrible and still find it entertaining, I don't agree; but that's their opinion and I'm tired of fighting with those kinds of people anyways.

Nope. Well, not for me at least. My defense is that I have a mental disease that works in such a way that once I've stated that I'm going to watch something and watch it, I've invested myself, so the show would have to have no redeeming qualities for me to break that investment. I wind up staying because, "It has zombies, and the non-recap portion of episode 4 was so good that I know something of that caliber could come up again," while hating myself because, rationally, I know it's getting worse. I don't know if everyone else is like that, but it seems like it could be the case for many others.
Sep 21, 2010 11:01 AM
Jun 2008
tecu said:
Koi-phan said:
SoFarGone said:
I knew the anime would end at the mall part. I hate that they were all smiling at the end. Nothing to smile about! 8/10

About the smiling, i think it symbolizes that they've come to accept this new world.
Truth to be said it kinda seemed right there, kinda gave a feeling and hope and security, something along the lines of that.

Omg all this symbolisation this anime is so DEEP!

There were a couple of things that made me lean towards a 2 more than a 1. *expects to get flamed off the thread*
Well,even I am labeled as hater as well ,there is some thing i can point out as an audience.
MorningGlorySep 21, 2010 11:04 AM
Sep 21, 2010 11:07 AM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
alexcampos said:

Nope. Well, not for me at least. My defense is that I have a mental disease that works in such a way that once I've stated that I'm going to watch something and watch it, I've invested myself, so the show would have to have no redeeming qualities for me to break that investment. I wind up staying because, "It has zombies, and the non-recap portion of episode 4 was so good that I know something of that caliber could come up again," while hating myself because, rationally, I know it's getting worse. I don't know if everyone else is like that, but it seems like it could be the case for many others.

Well believe it or not this is the defense they give, I've heard it a million times in Bleach and Naruto threads among other "popular" anime, I wouldn't make this up.

I don't want to name names either, I find it cowardly to talk bad about others when they're not around, but I do have names.

wheresthehandle said:
If it's horrible AND entertaining, why rate it a 1? It's done its job if you're entertained.

I have no idea, you gotta ask them that question, I personally drop anything I find to be lower than a 5, but that's just how I am, there are other who have their own "rules", and nobody can change their minds.
Sep 21, 2010 11:08 AM

Jan 2010
great twist! :)

but that doesn't change the fact that the ecchi-action ration was 60/40 so im going to give this a deserved 8/10,even though until last episode this was a 7 for me :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 21, 2010 11:22 AM
Jun 2008
alexcampos said:

wheresthehandle said:
If it's horrible AND entertaining, why rate it a 1? It's done its job if you're entertained.

I have no idea, you gotta ask them that question, I personally drop anything I find to be lower than a 5, but that's just how I am, there are other who have their own "rules", and nobody can change their minds.
I do watch Anime that I rated below 5.
Given that the reason because I have bought the DvD instead of downloading.
Well, the ending ain't that bad.To be honest,it is Good.Actually I was hoping for the worse so that I can rate it 6 instead of 7.Unfortunately,HoTD's last episode has ecchi-less and a few good plot in the end.as I explain in the previous post just now, i spotted are a few more good plot I wanna mention but I am lazy
Sep 21, 2010 11:39 AM

Mar 2008
10/10
Sep 21, 2010 11:39 AM

Aug 2010
I wonder what happened to Shido..

Sep 21, 2010 11:40 AM

Apr 2009
Last episode lacked fan service (^,^).

7/10 overall, does nothing special but served its purpose well enough and left itself open to a 2nd season.
Sep 21, 2010 11:54 AM

Jun 2010
And the most hyped up anime of this season ends, all in all pretty entertaining, ecchi and overused drama aside. But at times I had to force myself to watch, particularly Rei and Takagi's moments. An OVA format probably would be better for this series. I will miss Saeko though.

Ah whatever now to hop on the manga...eventually at least.
Sep 21, 2010 2:18 PM

Sep 2009
Silkechi said:
I wonder what happened to Shido..
With a hit like that, he gotta be dead.
Sep 21, 2010 2:19 PM
Nov 2009
shadowxeno said:
is that really the end of it? CAN'T BE! CAN'T BE!!!!!!!!!! I WANT A SEASON 2!!!!! THIS IS BULL GIVE ME SEASON 2!!!!!!!!

Somebody pinch and tell me this is not some dream some weird ass nightmare that loves to troll.

If this was the end i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unsatisfied. I mean its like having sex and your partner stops half way, WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO ABOUT EXCITED LARRY DOWN THERE!!!!!! On a serious note great episode

^you took the words out of my brain. But srsly, if they don't make a season 2 ill flip out. Good episode though, its just too bad it ended here!!! and now to wait for a new season...bahhh....overall 8/10 for me.
Sep 21, 2010 2:25 PM

Jan 2008
hmmm so this was one of the best episodes of the series, unfortunately it was also the only decent episode since the first few.

Glad to see Takagi finally get blood on her hands. Happy that the bitch lady got eaten. Alice with tire roll attack! woot.

Episode gets 8/10 (disliked the ending, doesn't fit for the end of a season) Series gets 6/10 The middle episodes was lacking zombies and just boring and uneventful. Season 2 had better be like the first 3 episodes and the last episode.
Sep 21, 2010 4:02 PM
Sep 2010
I agree that the EMP blast was actually a Nuke that was intended to destroy everything, and that the navy or w/e blew one of the nukes up that happened to be where Takeshi's group was and caused that EMP blast.

It would make the most sense that way
Sep 21, 2010 4:29 PM
Jul 2009
It was well worthwatching this show, I'm deff puting it in a life favorite list, there's alot to argue about the fan service, but without that little bit of relief, this would be a pretty depressing anime. On more then one occasion I've thought about what a zombie breake out in RL would be like thanks to this show. It would be depressing to see nothing but that without some relief.
There was deffinaty some good changes done with the anime's adaptation of the manga story. I felt a bit more sorry for the protesting/dilusional lady this time, and I understood how or why that h.a.n.e. went off better.
*sequalll* I'll be waiting endlessly forever.
Sep 21, 2010 6:18 PM

Sep 2010
alexcampos said:
noteDhero said:
alexcampos said:

Well believe it or not this is the defense they give, I've heard it a million times in Bleach and Naruto threads among other "popular" anime, I wouldn't make this up.

I don't want to name names either, I find it cowardly to talk bad about others when they're not around, but I do have names.

wheresthehandle said:

2 thumbs ups!! :D
Bitches Love Smiley Faces... : )
Sep 21, 2010 7:29 PM

Feb 2010
twonline said:
akromataof said:
Okay..That was one unsatisfying last episode.It looked to me like they ran out of ideas and decided to leave the things "unsettled".Or they want a 2nd season..First of all what was the meaning of that nuking?And that electro-whatever thing??They disabled the electronic devices so that the zombies wouldn't use cellphones or airplaines to fly??That didn't make sense.Unless their purpose was to wipe all humanity in a more suffering way.Leave them without communication and escape methods so that they will eventually be eaten..Anyway that whole politics thing isn't my strong field..
I would like to know how it all started..What was the cause of that zombie-wondering around thing. would like a 2nd season but only if it would explain some of this stuff and show the END.And by that i mean who dies, who lives,how it all ends, do they kill the zombies, do they flee to another planet, do they all die etc..

electron magnetic field (EMF) was generated due to the explosions of nuke warheads in the sky... i think they were originally planning to nuke Russia or China... but intercepting missiles launched by CIC caused them to explode in the sky and that caused EMF....

In eps 11 near the end the say "We will now commence fire on November-Kilo and Romeo-Charlie!". NK and RC. So I'm guessing North Korean and 'Republic of China'?
Well and most likely Russia.

And for those people who still don't understand that a nuke caused the emp watch this somewhat cheesy video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZo5PqvEak
Sep 21, 2010 7:45 PM
Aug 2008
Yes I have to agree with you all.....the hole anime was awesome...but is this the end ?
I wish we could have a second season to continue from this episode.

The overall story was great and the soundtrack too.

9/10 score.
Sep 21, 2010 8:18 PM

Sep 2009
I swear to god if this doesn't get a 2nd season I will be pissed. Can't choose between a or a 7.

Sep 21, 2010 8:22 PM

Apr 2008
hais ... what a let down i feel ~

Sep 21, 2010 9:38 PM

Jan 2008
Well, Madhouse's adaptation of Highschool of the Dead was solid in the end. Now, we wait.
Sep 21, 2010 9:39 PM

Feb 2008
I dont watch this type of show where the ecchi have more "screen" that the actual action

But i realy enjoy it, Hope the S2 come asap

GEEK@

About the HANE not only the EMP should affect all, also the radiation should affect too. not at the same level as a ERW...

Sep 21, 2010 9:48 PM

Jul 2007
I didnt notice this series was set for only 12 episodes.
And here I was hoping it would make it past the chapter I left off in the manga. Its been well over a year since I last read a chapter.
Well, I guess its a good time to start reading it again.

Anyway, the show gets a 7/10 from me. It was nice seeing Saeko in motion :]
Sep 21, 2010 10:02 PM

Mar 2009
Best comedy and ecchi anime I've ever seen. Wasn't this an anime about zombies, though?

Really, you know, I knew there was going to be a lot of fanservice from the beginning; I did my research. At the time, the first couple of episodes were entertaining and, despite the panty shots everywhere, there was also a heavy dose of zombie killing. That's what I wanted. And then, we were hit by those middle episodes. Gone were the zombies, and instead they were replaced with absurd fanservice moments to even rival the first season of Queen's Blade. What's more, characters acted unnatural, to the point where they were irritated/angry at every single thing. It was annoying. And let's not even begin with Saeko's development. She's wet. Cool. Good for her. That's when I knew I was watching a comedy. Even worse, High School of the Dead was horribly boring, something it certainly wasn't in the very beginning. Hell, it was the complete opposite.

I was entertained by the last episode, but too little too late. 5/10 for the whole anime.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 8, 2010

491 by Blaybourne »»
May 20, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.