Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2:04 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to D-A-W
The worldbuilding remains distressingly lazy. The writing remains painfully generic (at best—in truth, there are also heaps of amateurisms). This story seems to have the depth of one of those sigma joker quotes instagram accounts. Is the appeal of this show solely the conceit of "badass" edgelord imagery and moments?
The only things this episode had going for it was the set-up/pay-off of him holding off on his reward until he needed it—a brief stumble into competent writing that could very well be a broken clock twice a day type thing judging how the rest of the writing has been so far—and a banger insert song.
@D-A-W bla bla bla
Feb 11, 2:43 AM
Dec 2022
bro was really solo leveling this episode

Feb 11, 2:46 AM
Feb 2021
Perfect Episode perfect Animation perfect music
Feb 11, 2:47 AM
Aug 2013
I just love it when the character has a new development and this one with some epic music in the background!
Feb 11, 2:50 AM
Sep 2021
bro the action in this series is insane, not to mention the great character development, loving it
Feb 11, 2:54 AM

Apr 2016
Reply to D-A-W
The worldbuilding remains distressingly lazy. The writing remains painfully generic (at best—in truth, there are also heaps of amateurisms). This story seems to have the depth of one of those sigma joker quotes instagram accounts. Is the appeal of this show solely the conceit of "badass" edgelord imagery and moments?
The only things this episode had going for it was the set-up/pay-off of him holding off on his reward until he needed it—a brief stumble into competent writing that could very well be a broken clock twice a day type thing judging how the rest of the writing has been so far—and a banger insert song.
@D-A-W The truth had to be told. The writing really feels amateur-ish :/
Feb 11, 2:56 AM
Jun 2023
epic ost peak animation and great story
Feb 11, 3:02 AM
Jul 2021
it was short but beautiful
Feb 11, 3:03 AM
Jun 2020
โคตรเอจจี้แต่แม่มโคตรอิมแพค
Feb 11, 3:04 AM

Apr 2016
An other boring episode. Main character doesn't face any moral dilemma or adversity.
Killing people in self-defense, what's the big deal, that's not a dilemma, it's just common sense.
Cringe dialogues straight out of a fan fic.
That killing scene with the pop music was unbearably corny, like a scene from some outdated direct-to-video action movie from the 80s. Really hard to watch.
Steven Seagal would be proud.
This show seems to take itself quite seriously for something that laughable, I don't know what to think, is it supposed to be satire?

This is the kind of show that makes me embarassed to be an anime fan.
2/10 so far, hopefully it takes off in the remaining episodes
Feb 11, 3:07 AM
Jan 2021
That's a satisfying episode. My man's no Naruto. He'll puuk you up if you mess with him. Now, that's what I want to see 🔥.
Feb 11, 3:17 AM

Aug 2020
This episode was truly intense, I got goosebumps all over my body with his new ability. I’ve never read or heard anything about Solo Leveling prior to the anime release and I’m enjoying it A LOT, I’ll sure buy the mangá and novels when they release in my country (starts next month)

🎃 My MALoween Candy 2023 🎃

Feb 11, 3:22 AM
Mar 2022
Embient said:
Why is he glad that he didn't claim the rewards from the daily quests yet? Am I forgetting something?
Oh god, it's the brother at the end right

The best episode so far. Jinwoo's killing spree was very badass and satisfying, but also very tragic. It's like he stopped being human in that moment. Really didn't expect him to kill other people at some point when I started this.

nah I say that's fair play, it's a manhwa that's why we got this op otherwise japanese would have wrote there bs soft shit like MC not killing them or saving everyone in the end lol I am glad things going real with this one
Feb 11, 3:24 AM

Nov 2020
How many monologues are we gonna get? Yeah the world is bad, rich gets richer and poor get poorer, we get it. I don't remember there being so many monologues about how the world is so bad, or maybe I grown up idk. At least we got some good music while he fought the bad guys lol. It's a shame they decided to make only 12 episodes instead of 24, tho I can understand that. tho I wonder how much time will it make to animate the whole manhwa with 200 chapters.
Feb 11, 3:30 AM
Apr 2022
Beautiful episode. Perhaps, the best one yet. Full of amazing art and life lessons.
Feb 11, 3:43 AM
May 2020
The first good episode
Feb 11, 3:44 AM
Jun 2007
Wew, that was insane. Defeating a dungeon boss alone and "killed" enemy players.
Feb 11, 4:00 AM

Feb 2014
Jinwoo's daily rewards helped him here during his fight against the spider. It proved to be a tougher opponent than he though it would be, but in a pinch, he was able to turn the whole fight around and how he kept on stabbing the Spider's eyes with endless debuffs inflicted on it before it was defeated felt satisfying.

However, the moment when Dongsuk's bastard squad came back and Jinwoo, now realising how much this world is a survival of the fittest mantra, went to town on them all. His awakening for what he needed to do was pretty awesome, backed by another great song from Sawano. =)

Overall, this action-heavy episode was an impressive one. The animation was very good, as was the soundtrack as a whole. I must also praise the voice acting for Jinwoo as well, as you can feel how well done his acting helps to elevate the moments even more.
Feb 11, 4:19 AM
Dec 2022
10/10 for the OST and VA
Feb 11, 4:34 AM
Jan 2021
Possibly the best episode that I have seen in my whole anime. 2 minutes in and I was breathless. I knew this anime would be a masterpiece, it just couldn't be anything less but now it is just underestimating!
Feb 11, 5:04 AM

Aug 2022
I'm glad MC didn't go full clown and didn't spare them! now it's 10/10
Feb 11, 5:10 AM

Sep 2015
That was HYPE. One of the better scenes I've seen in recent memory
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Feb 11, 5:21 AM
Apr 2020
simply breathtaking episode
Feb 11, 5:24 AM
Oct 2022
Sh$& just got real.. from here on things really heat up. Our boy Jin really starts to grow over the next few episodes and will become a true MONSTER. I for one simply can’t wait 😊
Feb 11, 5:36 AM
Jan 2024
EPIC moment let's goo!
Feb 11, 5:37 AM

Mar 2020
OK WE RE FINALLY COOKING
SAWANO YOU SON OF A BITCH YOU RE HYPING THIS SHIT UP AGAIN
Feb 11, 5:43 AM
May 2023
The only reason it has a high score is the manhwa, and it doesn't have good graphics, the fights are a disaster, the character designs are ugly(Except for the main character), the enemies were designed in a strangely stupid and ugly way, I had high expectations, but it was not fulfilled. I was a fan of the manhwa of this work, but the anime was a disaster
SabokdastFeb 11, 5:52 AM
Feb 11, 5:46 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wow. That was captured perfectly- almost.

Just wish they'd had kept in the "but I put all my magic power into that attack", after they joke about the magic guy 'holding back'. At least they sort of implied it showing a subtle but nervous chuckle.

Most will probably agree that these other scenes of other characters feel very inserted, breaking the flow. Like sure you have to start setting up and introducing new characters, but here? Right now? Seriously? The first one with the dudes doing martial arts felt out of place, but the second one with the girls was okay, as it ended up tying into the current situation at hand with: "strike teams with suspiciously high fatality rates". But that scene would've fit better earlier on, while everything was still suspicious, before the betrayal reveal.

Other than that, again, wow. This is gonna sound weird, but my inner 12-year-old just creamed his pants.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 11, 6:04 AM
Jul 2021
good Episode, better than the last one ^^
Feb 11, 6:07 AM
Mar 2021
jinwoooo best killer
Feb 11, 6:10 AM

Jul 2023
I like the part where he said "only I level up" and then leveled up all over the place
It'll all be okay in the end. If you're not okay, it's not the end.
Feb 11, 6:11 AM
Mar 2022
It was great and I love the ost !
Feb 11, 6:19 AM
May 2023
Friendly criticism to A1 studio, the making of this bad anime from a1 studio was very strange. I love the anime you made before, like Kaguya-sama, which was a divine work. It is better to make an anime in the genre you are an expert in. I wish you would go to MAPPA studio (the studio that made jujutsu kaisen anime). (You would suggest that they make this anime, making anime is like medical science, one is a heart surgeon, one is a brain surgeon, etc... Your studio should make romantic masterpiece anime, which is the best thing in the world, and let anime Other studios make high-action animes, even offer them yourself
SabokdastFeb 11, 8:35 AM
Feb 11, 6:59 AM
Jan 2022
what a episoade, phenomenal
Feb 11, 7:00 AM
Mar 2020
The brisk pacing of this episode lends well to our main character crossing his Rubicon.
Feb 11, 7:05 AM
Nov 2022
yo cool concept and great animation
Feb 11, 7:06 AM
Nov 2023
is a best anime of fighting and rol
Feb 11, 7:09 AM
Aug 2017
Damn, the music hit REALLY hard in the fights of this episode!
Feb 11, 7:15 AM
Jul 2016
Reply to DeRickz
For those wondering, the insert song is called DARK ARIA <LV2>. It's in the same EP as LEveL from the goat.
Thanks, this song really changed the mood at that point.

SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:XAI 『DARK ARIA <LV2>』 Music Video
Soul_SparkFeb 11, 7:18 AM

Feb 11, 7:36 AM

Dec 2015
Best episode so far
Feb 11, 8:07 AM
Feb 2022
İ was sooo impressed for that episodeee, that was insane,animation quality ,fights,character development,everything was hella good
Feb 11, 8:43 AM
Oct 2020
Awesome episode
The thrill is real
Feb 11, 8:51 AM
Jan 2024
SJW getting more and more powerfull
Feb 11, 9:03 AM
Sep 2021
Definitely the best episode so far for me, it had the hype, the vibe, good soundtrack, action & animation. It was really good.
Feb 11, 9:26 AM
Dec 2020
The best episode yet
Feb 11, 9:31 AM
Jun 2014
they are doing excpetional with each coming episode
Feb 11, 9:32 AM
Nov 2020
one of best episodes all time
Feb 11, 9:41 AM

Jul 2009
Reply to Radical_Orion
An other boring episode. Main character doesn't face any moral dilemma or adversity.
Killing people in self-defense, what's the big deal, that's not a dilemma, it's just common sense.
Cringe dialogues straight out of a fan fic.
That killing scene with the pop music was unbearably corny, like a scene from some outdated direct-to-video action movie from the 80s. Really hard to watch.
Steven Seagal would be proud.
This show seems to take itself quite seriously for something that laughable, I don't know what to think, is it supposed to be satire?

This is the kind of show that makes me embarassed to be an anime fan.
2/10 so far, hopefully it takes off in the remaining episodes
@Radical_Orion lmao Bro legit just called killing people common sense.

If you're confronted with a murderer, even if you act in self defense, you're not just gonna brush off killing a person like it's nothing just because you had a good reason to do so.

Also some advice from a novel & manhwa reader:
If you expect heavy psychological themes and a deep complicated story... just quit.
Solo Leveling didn't get popular because of the story. It also didn't get "carried by the art" as people like to say.

Solo Leveling is a power fantasy story. If you don't like those, you won't enjoy SL. Especially not with THAT kinda mindset lmao
Feb 11, 9:51 AM
Feb 2022
What happens in the dungeons stays in the dungeons

Spanish translation:
Lo que pasa en las mazmorras se queda en las mazmorras
Feb 11, 9:57 AM
Nov 2022
Okay, finally Jing-Woo has broken the "bar of humanity", the question here is: why the hell do they interrupt the action scenes to insert an explanation? I say it is not 100% necessary, we already know that bad guys are bad, isn't that enough? bruh.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

398 by KcmcPro »»
5 hours ago

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

729 by satyrelfheim »»
Today, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Yesterday, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

263 by Shortwing53 »»
Yesterday, 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.