Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 8, 2023 3:25 AM
Sep 2023
Wow powerful voice acting
Sep 8, 2023 8:12 AM
Jun 2020
JUST FUCKING TELL HIM. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE
Sep 8, 2023 9:10 PM

Jul 2017
Sylphie is getting depressed about Rudeus, and seeing him with other girls only fuels her worriness. But Princess Ariel is fine with it either way, because she has to settle this matter herself, and can entrust her to get this important job done.

More research into the mass teleportation incidient, which becomes more apparent that it's from summoning, Fitz knows someone fit fir the job, a student who goes by the name of Silent Sevenstar, though in reality, she's none other than the Dragon God Orsted's right-hand man, the White Mask Shizuka Nanahoshi. Rudeus's PTSD is triggered rightfully so once again, and she beginning to ask questions that only he knows, only both him and Shizuka were both reincarnated from the same place. Despite Rudeus being frightened off by her, Shizuka is relatively harmless, and although Shizuka wants her old life back from her teleportation that got her dumped in Asura only to be cared by Orsted, Rudeus doesn't want his from his reincarnation. She has good intentions, though the grudge between Orsted and the Man-God (which became Turning Point 2) was overblown without any context. And now, Shizuka finds herself in the same manner as Rudeus, that which confidential things cannot be said, nor history cannot be altered. Shizuka is just someone normal who cannot get used to the fantasy world of its magic and food, while Rudeus wants life here, that which the former raises a deal that he will provide her mana, while she does the intel work for him.

For Shizuka to say that she caused the mass teleportation, part of that was already the truth that Rudeus and we the audience have already surmised, though that threw Fitz into a fiery tailspin that she thinks that Shizuka was to blame. But more importantly, she was the victim, not the culprit, and that like Rudeus, is also investigating into the incident as well. It's a give-and-take business relationship between the two, and this matter, confuses the heck outta Sylphie even more.

A blisteringly toxicating, yet emotional episode of big proportions. Easily like a Turning Point 2.5 of sorts.
Sep 8, 2023 11:35 PM

Feb 2019
Sylphy is too cute for this world. And I can't wait to see Eris!
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Sep 9, 2023 6:10 AM
Apr 2020
Although it was just 20 minutes of talking, seeing that familiar face that brought him fear really made it enjoyable to listen to the background behind the mass teleportation.
Sep 9, 2023 12:07 PM
Sep 2018
Damn Slyvie nearly hammed her 😳
Sep 9, 2023 8:44 PM
Jan 2022
very good anime on my list
Sep 10, 2023 9:17 AM
Apr 2023
Loved it!!! 10/10 the way they handled the tension and trauma GOD TIER and also that language switch to actually show the difference was so smart.
Sep 11, 2023 3:27 AM
Feb 2020
pretty good honestly
Sep 14, 2023 12:24 AM

Jul 2013
Getting strong Tensura vibes when Rudeus meets another person isekaid there
Sep 14, 2023 7:01 AM
Jul 2023
Gooddddddddddddddd
Sep 15, 2023 6:55 PM
Oct 2021
I hope Rudeus will be good again
Sep 17, 2023 12:38 AM
Apr 2019
I Watched #09 with Japanese VAing -- English script or audio is not available yet.

Silent:
「私はこの世界に興味は無いわ。くだらない召喚モノのマンガやラノベのように、元の世界の知識を使ってどうこうするつもりもない。」
[ref](I have no interest in this world. {Put her mask again} I'm not going to use my knowledge of the world I came from to do anything like such silly summoning-genre manga or light novels.)
「私はこの世界が嫌い。現実味が無いし、ご飯は美味しくない。倫理観はおかしいし、不便だし。」
[ref](I hate this world. IT DOESN'T FEEL REAL. The food doesn't taste good. THE ETHICS ARE WEIRD. And inconvenient.)

Rudeus:
「僕は、この世界が好きです。帰りたくありません。何の未練もありません。」
[ref](I like this world. I don't want to go back. I have no regrets.)

Silent:
「ふーん、そう。大往生だったのね」
[ref](Hmmm, yeah. You had a great life in previous time.)

A jolt of critical counterstrike!! ...to be delivered to the people who blame a fantasy anime for lacking of REALITY or MORALITY. Nanahosi Shizuka could have been one of those.

Not only that. It's the point that this series stands out far from other ‘ISEKAI/SAIKYOO!!!’ craps. MT is apparently conscious of REALITY and MORALITY and taking an inclusive, dialogical attitude to criticism upon these themes.

『大往生』 is a word for‘a sleep-like peaceful and natural death after a long, accomplished, satisfied life’.
It was a cut in a few words, the tone was soft and quiet, and Rudeus didn't even argue against her about his agonizing experiences. Silent made a crucial misunderstanding about Rudeus's previous life and she had missed the deep, the disgusting mood of a miserable middle-aged man.
From her PoV, Rudeus is a kind of manipulable whim wiz kid who wants to become a part of silly world. Grabbing an ideal companion for her selfish ambition, she now has been blinded by the light of hope to get herself back into her longing home world. Doesn't it look like an obsession to a love lost?
aReviewerSep 18, 2023 12:37 AM
Sep 17, 2023 10:03 PM
Jan 2021
I didn’t expect this development. So the student “Silent Sevenstar” is actually Nanahoshi, the one with Orsted when he first met Rudeus… I didn’t expect Rudeus to react in such a way, but given how he clapped his, Ruijerd, and Eris’ CHEEKS without an ounce of difficulty and according to the Man God is the strongest in this world, it makes sense. That was the greatest amount of fear that Rudeus has ever expressed.

So after fainting and calming down, he has a chat with her and we find out she’s the girl that Rudeus tried to save in his previous life. The difference being that she was summoned to this world while Rudeus reincarnated. When I heard that, I thought to myself that maybe she can’t use magic since she wasn’t born in this world. Guess I was right.

The way Nanahoshi was talking was strange. She gave info, but at multiple points refused to divulge anything. She obviously has some secrets to hide herself, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Rudeus didn’t reveal to her that he saw her before his death and tried to save her from an incoming truck.

Nanahoshi inadvertently causing the displacement incident isn’t a surprise given the circumstances. A teleportation of that magnitude has never occurred in this world. Nanahoshi is suddenly teleported to this world and then the Central Continent suffers a mana disaster? Hmm… Sylphie immediately freaking out seems out of character given that she didn’t give Nanahoshi time to fully explain herself. I never saw her as someone irrational.

Well it seems for now the two will work together towards their common goals. I can’t wait to see what story develops in the next episode!
Sep 19, 2023 7:19 AM

Feb 2018
So we finally got quite the big reveal about the person wearing that mask, although it wasn't too surprising.
Shizuka doesn't seem that suspicious despite everything that she revealed, looks like she'll even be working together with Rudy.
Sep 19, 2023 5:04 PM

Aug 2014
That was great! Something new about the world.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 26, 2023 6:43 PM
Mar 2023
Great capitulation, thanks to the meeting with Shizuka, they are finally beginning to explain to us the possible causes of why that natural disaster occurred years ago, now we just have to join the threads between what both she and Rudeus know and begin to make conjectures that have sense. By the way, I feel that Fitts is getting closer to deciding to tell Rudeus the truth, but it's a little difficult for me to understand if what stops her from doing so is just the fear of rejection or that he has forgotten her, or if there is something else involved that he hasn't told us yet. See you next week and I'm crossing my fingers now that Fitts will be encouraged.
Sep 27, 2023 8:20 AM

Apr 2020
Who thought Rudes isn't the only one that got "reincarnated" or better said, transported to this weird and mystical world, and no anyone but this special girl caused the mass teleportation? Awaiting for the next episode reveals and new mind breaking info!!
Sep 27, 2023 9:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The best episode of the season!!
Great revelation!!!
kekeke
Sep 28, 2023 6:29 PM
Sep 2023
Me enanto sobretodo cuando silfit intento asesinar nanahoshi
Sep 29, 2023 6:45 AM

Oct 2022
Knowing the cause of the teleportation incident did really rage up Sylphie. Didn't expect that but kid of obvious.

Now what is the masked person going to do with the help of Rudeus ?
Sep 30, 2023 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
Oh wow lmao, that guy and Elinalise became couples.

Also, interesting! Seems like that girl is also from Japan from the same world our MC came from!? Interesting. It's almost like as if that our mc was supposed to be the one summoned but the MC switched positions!? Or maybe Man-God summoned our MC's soul but accidentally also summoned the girl's material and immaterial body as well?
Oct 4, 2023 11:06 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Loved everything about this episode, it was such a great reveal, for anime onlies this is probably the biggest reveal yet and it was so well done that left me with a big impact too, when you read you just don't feel the same way seeing animated does.

Nanahoshi is now part of the cast, which expanded tons this season, for those who complain, this is necessary and will be the backbone for everything going forward.
Again, what a great episode, bombshell dropped casually like that.

@LucenProject
That is just how Nanahoshi is, very blunt personality so sometimes says things like that without putting proper context that would help deliver things more smoothly.
Oct 8, 2023 5:43 AM

Jan 2017
Should've expected the only person with a black hair to be Japanese, why didn't caught that during Season 1 goddamnit

Truly feel bad for Nanohoshi though. Even if she got back to her original world, would it still be the same period where she got teleported and not wayyyyy in the past / future where there is nowhere to go back to?
Oct 19, 2023 12:37 AM
Dec 2022
So a person from Rudeus' past is the Silent Sevenstar. A teleport to the isekai world from same home world as Rudeus. Who would have reckon?
Oct 19, 2023 3:07 PM
Oct 2023
This is clearly the best episode of untill now.
Nov 14, 2023 9:01 AM

Sep 2012
she wakened some bad memories in him

i wonder did the pervy elf really found her one and only? lol
Dec 13, 2023 3:30 PM

Nov 2023
Well this was a nice but kinda sad episode
Dec 17, 2023 12:39 PM
Nov 2021
Voice acting was amazing this episode.
Dec 20, 2023 1:38 AM

Mar 2015
Didn't Rudeus said he was looking for his childhood friend to Sylphie??
Jan 2, 11:29 AM

Feb 2018
We got some serious mushoku tensei lore knowledge in this episode damn..
Jan 17, 6:48 AM

Nov 2019
Wow that is a major clue to the teleportation incident.
Mar 3, 5:22 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty weak reason of Sylphy not to reveal herself, obviously Rudeus would not easily forget about her. I don't like the new girl. I agree with Rudeus, she rubs me the wrong way as well. I don't think she fits in the story, nor has she an interesting personality.
Apr 11, 9:42 PM
Dec 2022
Rudy mega ptsd
Nanahoshi is reincartnated also? She isnt reincarnated but was teleported this actually big

Nanahoshi caused the funny incident?
Apr 19, 8:55 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, Oh cliff... there were people to fall in love with hahaha incredible that Elinalise accepted, we will see if they last together and I wonder if it is true that what she has is a "curse"

WOW the princesses did have suitors, when I saw him just in a previous episode I thought... he will be Kishirika's fiancé and well, here is my confirmation
Interesting talk, they mention the power of Rudeus with Laplace, the god of men and the dragon god... although not much was said but I like that it is starting to be mentioned
Badigadi has incredible resistance, what moment did he say that part of the deal was to hit him back? hahaha
It looks like the class is expanded with a new member haha
May 4, 10:58 AM

May 2020
So this Nanahoshi girl is the one with Orsted who kill Rudy. She is from Japan too and her face familiar with the one Rudy saved from accident back in Japan. Two inccident, Rudy reincarnated and Nanahoshi teleported. This plot heating up by this episode so it is not get boring.
Jun 3, 5:21 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
just watched that scene again, so good
Jun 5, 4:33 AM
Apr 2024
This episode was extraordinarius
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2023

260 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.