Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2023 2:33 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I honestly kind of forgot what was going on, who's fighting who and why, and whatnot. There's a recap for the first 6 episodes, if they make a 2nd for the other 6, I wouldn't mind that at all, I kind of need it.

Anyhow, final impressions. My main takeaway from this firs cour of the Witch from Mercury would definitely have to be it's more than solid production quality. Very, very clean visuals imo. Everything technical-wise is impressive, down to the voice acting which is rather top-notch as well. Now as for the thing that holds it all together which is its story, well, let's just say that I found the prologue to be absolutely freaking epic, and created for myself certain levels of expectations from it. While we certainly get a taste of that at a couple points and especially in this last episode (I think they used the same soundtrack as well during the fight), something about it just doesn't quite allow me to give this a satisfactory score of at least a 7. It's close, but not quite there for some reason.

I don't want to say it got hit my light-and-fluffy slice-of-life stuff, because while we do get such scenes, as far as I can remember, it's rather minimal. It quickly becomes a show where lots is going on in both the foreground and the background. You definitely cannot say that the plot is empty, that it wanders aimlessly. Things begin to stir up and build up for sure. Heck, so much is happening in this episode that again, I am guilty of forgetting of what exactly is going on. But despite it all, something I can't quite put my finger on makes it seem like it's lacking the weight it deserves.

And then in comes the after credits scene, holy sh*t. What a cliffhanger, what a way to darken the tone. The blood effects in zero gravity, and how the shot lingers for a moment on Miorine's absolutely shocked and terrified expression. The blood coming off of Suletta's hand as she offers it to Miorine without a smile like nothing happened- red blood as bright and red as her hair. What does it all mean? I have no clue, but if we're getting a more psycho Suletta Mercury in the second cour, something tells me that this is exactly what I have been looking for. For now, I'll leave this 1st cour with a 6/10. Not quite a 7 for me, but at least a very high 6. 

If all this was simply a precursor, a set up for what is to come and had served its purpose in doing so, I'll come back and change this to a 7, easily.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 9, 2023 3:58 PM

Dec 2021
Okouchi as always meticolously constructing the most random and nonsensical plot-twist you can imagine
Jan 9, 2023 4:01 PM

Dec 2021
KuroNavi said:
ARK-13 said:

That's how a normal person would react. Can you remain unfazed after seeing someone literally squashing a person like a tomato?

Hell before that, even Suletta questioned her mother when she shoot that guy. But since Prospera has full grasp over Suletta that she looked over it. And because of Prospera, Suletta was completely oblivious of what she did. So Miorine's reaction to that is completely understandable. 

yeah i'd definitely be shaken for sure but i wouldn't go and call them a murderer after they just saved me from being murdered myself, at least i dont think i would, can't really say for sure unless you've experienced it
KuroNavi
ARK-13 said:

That's how a normal person would react. Can you remain unfazed after seeing someone literally squashing a person like a tomato?

Hell before that, even Suletta questioned her mother when she shoot that guy. But since Prospera has full grasp over Suletta that she looked over it. And because of Prospera, Suletta was completely oblivious of what she did. So Miorine's reaction to that is completely understandable. 

yeah i'd definitely be shaken for sure but i wouldn't go and call them a murderer after they just saved me from being murdered myself, at least i dont think i would, can't really say for sure unless you've experienced it
KuroNavi said:

Bruh she's not calling her a murderer for killing the guy but for how completely insane she's acting in doing so, being all chill and happy about that EDIT: Tf happened to the quotation lol
Oznerol7Jan 9, 2023 4:04 PM
Jan 9, 2023 4:14 PM

Feb 2017
TheFounder131 said:
Man who smiles like that after killing someone? Is she got some holes in her brain? ughhhh. Except the animation nothing good abt this anime 5/10.
i fucking love how inept people are at speculating and paying attention to detail when discussing this series in particular, it's glaringly obvious that prospera has suletta obeying her orders under some form of hypnotic suggestion
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Jan 9, 2023 4:14 PM
Mar 2021
Honestly, this episode was a bit of a letdown... The buildup was very nice, but this last episode fell short of disappointing and anticlimactic. 
I don't mind the cliffhanger it was just a disappointing last fight, very rushed and boring.

On the bright side, the post-credit scene was 10/10.
Jan 9, 2023 6:02 PM
Jul 2014
katsu044 said:
Suletta  has been shown to be abnormal around her mom almost like shes been brainwashed.
I got big vibes of Glemy/Cyber Newtypes in ZZ vibes from that. Which makes sense as she's this series Char clone.

FYI in ZZ Tomino rewrote Glemy from a moron to a bucket where they threw all of Char's discarded plot threads once the movie was greenlit.
Jan 9, 2023 6:12 PM
Dec 2012
Feels like the entire anime was a build up to the post-credit scene. 

Kinda hard to judge the series so far. We're going to get "Dark Suletta" in the second half, wielding enormous power with Aerial and leaving much destruction in her wake. She will remain snakecharmed by her mom's direction and unwittingly execute her Monte Cristo plan. All the while, she'll be balancing her killing streak with her school bucket list - and at some point the latter will prove crucial in making Suletta question the former.

Or something like that. I'm speculating from my experience playing FE: Three Houses.

Jan 9, 2023 6:41 PM

Jan 2020
young_kappa said:
TheFounder131 said:
Man who smiles like that after killing someone? Is she got some holes in her brain? ughhhh. Except the animation nothing good abt this anime 5/10.
i fucking love how inept people are at speculating and paying attention to detail when discussing this series in particular, it's glaringly obvious that prospera has suletta obeying her orders under some form of hypnotic suggestion
Gundam is a filter for midwit shonenheads because they actually have to pay attention to the shows
Jan 9, 2023 7:29 PM

Nov 2008
So, maybe the underlying plot for season 2 will be how it is finally revealed that Suletta is actually a clone of some sort that her so-called "Mother" controls at whim. Maybe Suletta is just another Gundam component of Ariel and Prospera is experimenting with her to find out how "human" Suletta can appear.

So, instead of this being a reboot of Utena, is it actually Shakespeare's Tempest in space? We have Prospera (o) and Ariel. Is Suletta Miranada or really Caliban?

Stay tuned for Spring 2023 and some revelations.

Addendum - I just looked at the "cover art" for Season 2 - Suletta certainly looks a LOT different (and she and Ariel look very ominous) 
dbaranyiJan 9, 2023 7:37 PM
Jan 9, 2023 7:59 PM

May 2015
Pacing is atrocious. nothing happens in episodes 1 to 10 then so much happens in 11 and 12. I couldn't get in those last episodes, because I feel like they came out of nowhere. That show doesn't know what it wants to be.
Since they never cared about clearly explaining what were the parties in presence, and their revendications, I did't really care about all those characters fighting. Those who are here from the beginning had barely any development, and the Earth terrorists (by default of a better definition) just came out nowhere.

Guel killing his father fell flat, because they had something like 3 scenes interacting. It's a very cheap Sergei Smirnov death scene knockoff. Yet Guel is still one of the only characters I care for.

I really felt they didn't try to build a story, but tried to set a mood, and went for the shock value for the ending. It kinda remind me of Guilty Crown, which is not a good news. I swear to god, I may have criticized it every episode at the time, but Age did a better job at building a story (even if it was a bad one) than this hot mess of a show does.
I see a lot of people saying "here is the brutality we were waiting for", but I disagree with that, not without proper building. I just felt it had reached Sasuke lvl of edgyness.

Then there is the post ending scene. Yeah you already fooled me with empty promise in the prologue, I'm not gonna fall for your cheap bait again.

On the plus side, art and animation are still over the top.
Prospera is probably the most interesting character. I really want to see how she went from her prologue self to that.

I feel this whole show has a problem with how to use its time efficiently, because I can see there are good ideas, but for fuck sakes the more it goes, the more I think Code Geass was a happy accident, or Taniguchi could deal with Okuchi better.

Anyway, despite all that, there could be a nice story to tell going on, but they should deal with their pacing problem.
Also, we finally had the confirmation that april is not the second part of season one, but the season 2.
Turtles_HunterJan 9, 2023 8:26 PM
Jan 9, 2023 8:33 PM

Dec 2020
young_kappa said:
TheFounder131 said:

Still dont like her character. I was so uninvested in the whole show, I may have missed few details specially in the last where I just wanted everything to be over asap.
Jan 9, 2023 8:35 PM

Dec 2020
Snuffleskin said:
TheFounder131 said:

That's... the point????? I swear to god I have no idea what half of you guys are on in these threads.

I have written in the para above why I didn't liked this show, Wdym by that's the point?
Jan 9, 2023 9:16 PM

Aug 2016
Turtles_Hunter said:
Pacing is atrocious. nothing happens in episodes 1 to 10 then so much happens in 11 and 12.
this is so insane to read because so much shit happens in eps 4 to 10 that I'd spend like an hour after each ep just rewatching and discussing shit. Did you just not care about the entire "Eri is Aerial" and "Suletta may be a clone/may not be human" subplot?
young_kappa said:
TheFounder131 said:
I highly doubt its hypnotic suggestion. She seems to have 100% trust in her mother and is ready to bend her morals to fit her mother's. Its unhealthy upbringing and something her friends will likely have to help her get over
ErroratuJan 9, 2023 9:22 PM
Jan 9, 2023 10:10 PM
Apr 2016
tanuki squuuuuuuuuuish
Jan 9, 2023 10:25 PM
Jul 2021
Very good episode, great production value and intense drama all around.
Jan 9, 2023 10:41 PM
Nov 2021
The show had a bit of a slump as it was too focused on High School Drama. Episode 11 annoyed me a bit as a cool terrorist plot and political moves is being sidelined. But this episode redeems the show and makes it a true Gundam series.
Jan 9, 2023 10:47 PM
Dec 2012
dbaranyi said:
So, maybe the underlying plot for season 2 will be how it is finally revealed that Suletta is actually a clone of some sort that her so-called "Mother" controls at whim. Maybe Suletta is just another Gundam component of Ariel and Prospera is experimenting with her to find out how "human" Suletta can appear.

So, instead of this being a reboot of Utena, is it actually Shakespeare's Tempest in space? We have Prospera (o) and Ariel. Is Suletta Miranada or really Caliban?

Addendum - I just looked at the "cover art" for Season 2 - Suletta certainly looks a LOT different (and she and Ariel look very ominous) 

I really hope the Suletta = clone thing isn't true and that you're all on crack lol. 

I feel like the show has gone to painful extents to demonstrate that Suletta is in fact human, and that Prospera is obviously Elnora. Hell, the entire point of the Elan vs Suletta subplot is pitying emotionless clones versus a teenager trying to figure out her feelings It would be incredibly dumb if it was "clone vs clone" all along which would render the entire subplot pointless.

What should be the case is that Suletta grew up as a lonely kid who spent most of her time playing around with Aerial, and Prospera sheltered her from contact with society as she worked to set in motion her plot for revenge (or finishing Vanadis' work). Suletta is incredibly dependent on her mother for emotional support and guidance and is shown to take her at face value at all turns - not because she has an obedience chip or was experimented on, but because that's the person she trusts and turns to at any difficult juncture. 

The post-credit scene is Suletta learning from her mom and taking her advice very literally, as she has been shown to do throughout the show. Turning a baddie into a bloody mess is fine, if the result is saving someone (or the "step forward" analogy Suletta always falls back on). 

The Gundam trope that will fall onto Suletta will probably be the "humans can evolve into newtypes" kind of deal, where evolved humans can be one with the GUND system or something like that. 

Jan 9, 2023 11:07 PM
Aug 2018
Holy fucking shit.
Jan 10, 2023 12:36 AM
Nov 2018
nyugvo6 said:
everyone: wow that was shocking and violent
me: wow it was shocking that something gundam-like happened in a gundam show after 12 episodes of school sol yuribait.
they sure love taking risks, trying to please fans in the last minute.
Too accurate 

Show finally kicked on. Might be enough to give season 2 a chance. Mediocre on the whole still. Disappointing after such a promising prequel. 7 for the production values. 
Kisai113Jan 10, 2023 12:45 AM
Jan 10, 2023 12:58 AM

Dec 2008
Great episode, lots of drama happened. 

It was shown very well that it was a senseless fight, there was no merit in any of this. 
Erthian group had no discipline, they randomly killed people left and right but not the target.
Shame on you  Shaddiq, I hope your plot becomes public.

Highlight was Suletta saving the person in danger in the bloodiest way possible, but efficiently nevertheless.
Miorine isn't as tough when she is in uncontrolable situations, like Suletta isn't especially good with normal life. 
I wonder how the authors will solve that dire situation, Suletta put a scar on Miorine soul.    

Maybe Miorine will realize that it was necessary evil, to kill the person quick and dirty. 

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2023 1:02 AM

Jan 2020
TheFounder131 said:
Snuffleskin said:
That's... the point????? I swear to god I have no idea what half of you guys are on in these threads.

I have written in the para above why I didn't liked this show, Wdym by that's the point?
Your complaints about the show aside you're criticisms of Sulleta are weird because you're complaining about a naive character who grew up away from civilization being naive, like yeah no wonder someone who was basically home-schooled would act like that, it's not exactly something you can fully fix in a 13 episode timeframe. And by "the point" I mean you are obviously supposed to be weirded out by the fact that she could smile easily after killing someone like that, you framed it like it was a failing on the writing of her character.
Erroratu said:
Turtles_Hunter said:
Pacing is atrocious. nothing happens in episodes 1 to 10 then so much happens in 11 and 12.
this is so insane to read because so much shit happens in eps 4 to 10 that I'd spend like an hour after each ep just rewatching and discussing shit. Did you just not care about the entire "Eri is Aerial" and "Suletta may be a clone/may not be human" subplot?
People on this site are just so impatient if you go a single episode with lasers being fired it might as well be filler.
Jan 10, 2023 3:04 AM

May 2008
If only the whole season had the same quality of this last episode...

I watched 10 teen drama episodes and only episode 12 takes what was good about the prologue and shows it just to force me to watch S2.
Jan 10, 2023 3:15 AM

Mar 2022
This episode surprised me.
But after reading cradle planet novel and this episode, there is something made me curious.
Is prospera really did something to suletta, or it was aerial?, if prospera really did something to suletta, I don't think aerial would easily help her

Jan 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Dec 2009
Pretty meh, good fight scenes but the plot was extremely dull, the characters boring and the ending is rushed and feels pointless.
Suletta goes from "Omg, you killed him" to "Whoops, killed a man, whoops, fell on the puddle of blood and guts I turned him into, tee-hee!"
Might come back for the fights and Chuchu but if she's as much of a background character as this season...
Jan 10, 2023 7:12 AM
Oct 2019
Holy shit, now this is how you did a Finale.

What a Bloody Ending.
Guel killed his own father

Sulleta just squashing that soldier like a bug.
The way Sulleta smile with blood in her hand.

Seems like the light hearted tone gonna change drastically in second cour.

8/10 for first cour.
Jan 10, 2023 8:22 AM

May 2015
Erroratu said:
Turtles_Hunter said:
Hard to miss, they're the only plot element that are there, and it's just hints here and there. The combined time of all those "subplot" is barely 10 min. Hints are not a subplot. In term of telling you what happens, even not blatantly, this is by far the second wrost gundam show (Yeah nothing will beat G-reco trainwreck of storytelling).

Snuffleskin said:
Erroratu said:
People on this site are just so impatient if you go a single episode with lasers being fired it might as well be filler.
It's funny, because, the whole point where that out of context quote comes from was to complain about how poorly the action scene were build up, to the point it felt they came out of nowhere. The only background we had for the earth faction was "Spacian don't like earther, and they're somehow exploited, and not liked". That's litterally all we got. It's about how the side characters were so removed that any attempt to create tension in the climax were flat. It was not about "no fight", but about the fact they were so fixated on highschool drama around Suletta they failed to build up anything else, thus the try to level the stakes up felt flat.
Turtles_HunterJan 10, 2023 8:51 AM
Jan 10, 2023 8:36 AM
Oct 2022
The post credit scene hit me off guard like a truck. I had goosebumps imagining what their relationship would be in the future.
Jan 10, 2023 9:23 AM
Oct 2018
Turtles_Hunter said:
Erroratu said:
Hard to miss, they're the only plot element that are there, and it's just hints here and there. The combined time of all those "subplot" is barely 10 min. Hints are not a subplot. In term of telling you what happens, even not blatantly, this is by far the second wrost gundam show (Yeah nothing will beat G-reco trainwreck of storytelling).

Snuffleskin said:
It's funny, because, the whole point where that out of context quote comes from was to complain about how poorly the action scene were build up, to the point it felt they came out of nowhere. The only background we had for the earth faction was "Spacian don't like earther, and they're somehow exploited, and not liked". That's litterally all we got. It's about how the side characters were so removed that any attempt to create tension in the climax were flat. It was not about "no fight", but about the fact they were so fixated on highschool drama around Suletta they failed to build up anything else, thus the try to level the stakes up felt flat.
If anything that proves you seriously have a comprehension problem considering the fact that Dawn Of Fold didn't attack for Earthian reasons to begin with. They were hired by Vim and Shaddiq to take out Delling under the guise of a terrorist attack, Shaddiq betrayed Vim and Shaddiq's own actions here have been teased at for about the moment he started doing stuff and wanting change within the Benerit Group, the "action" is built up enough here.
Jan 10, 2023 11:12 AM

Mar 2014
Holy crap a lot things happened Guel killing unknowingly killed his dad and the most shocking of all the last scene Suletta killing that guy after being brainwashed by her Mom. Can't wait to see more
Jan 10, 2023 2:08 PM

May 2010
Interesting, this looks like some brainwashing. I wonder if Suletta can snap out of it.

This series had pretty slow start and there are still several plot points left to resolve. If next part has the same amount of episodes, this is not much, unless story is really going to pick up its pace now (I hope they won't rush it).
Jan 10, 2023 2:25 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Even though we got some decent mecha action, the finale still felt flat to me and ended with a painful cliffhanger that wasn't even necessary and didn't make any sense . If I knew it was going to end on a cliffhanger, I would have waited until  Season 1 and 2 were done and binge watched the whole thing. My thing about G-Witch is that it looks good from a production stand point, but characters and more importantly the story itself left a lot to be desired as too much time was spent on Suletta's school melodrama and not enough the corporate politics or the conflict Earth and Spacians until the very last episode. Hopefully, this series would move away from the school setting otherwise its going to be another forgettable AU Gundam series. 

5/10, that's me being generous because I could have dropped this show if I was watching it on a weekly basis.
Jan 10, 2023 2:59 PM

Jan 2010
Not sure how to feel about that ending. Suletta never gave off sociopathic vibes, and a normal person wouldn't just gleefully smile after nonchalantly squishing a person into bloody chunks like that. I figured after her mother encouraged her to fight, there would at least be a few steps in between being horrified of killing to fighting as a soldier of sorts. I didn't think Suletta, in a manner of what seems like minutes, go from terrified of bloodshed to killing without a second thought. Something really went wrong here, and I'm not sure what. Either the show's writing really jumped the gun, or Suletta, underneath her shy and innocent demeanor, somehow doesn't comprehend emotions and human life normally, throwing into question who and what she really is.
Jan 10, 2023 4:54 PM
Jan 2012

Erroratu said:
Turtles_Hunter said:
young_kappa said:
I highly doubt its hypnotic suggestion. She seems to have 100% trust in her mother and is ready to bend her morals to fit her mother's. Its unhealthy upbringing and something her friends will likely have to help her get over

mtgowns said:
dbaranyi said:

I really hope the Suletta = clone thing isn't true and that you're all on crack lol. 

I feel like the show has gone to painful extents to demonstrate that Suletta is in fact human, and that Prospera is obviously Elnora. Hell, the entire point of the Elan vs Suletta subplot is pitying emotionless clones versus a teenager trying to figure out her feelings It would be incredibly dumb if it was "clone vs clone" all along which would render the entire subplot pointless.

What should be the case is that Suletta grew up as a lonely kid who spent most of her time playing around with Aerial, and Prospera sheltered her from contact with society as she worked to set in motion her plot for revenge (or finishing Vanadis' work). Suletta is incredibly dependent on her mother for emotional support and guidance and is shown to take her at face value at all turns - not because she has an obedience chip or was experimented on, but because that's the person she trusts and turns to at any difficult juncture. 

The post-credit scene is Suletta learning from her mom and taking her advice very literally, as she has been shown to do throughout the show. Turning a baddie into a bloody mess is fine, if the result is saving someone (or the "step forward" analogy Suletta always falls back on). 

The Gundam trope that will fall onto Suletta will probably be the "humans can evolve into newtypes" kind of deal, where evolved humans can be one with the GUND system or something like that. 

Holy shit, thank you, you two.
I keep seeing some wild theories like "Dark Suletta" or "she's under hypnosis" and all that shit when she's just being emotionally manipulated by her deadbeat mom, that she trusts more than anyone  (and it's been already shown that even when Propsera is overtly a huge bitch with her, it doesn't take much for Suletta to believe in her again), and that also she's absolutely shit not only at understanding what's going on around her (her misunderstanding with Miorine previously) but also shit at communicating overall.

She just took what her mom said face value and killed the guy because he endangered someone dear to her, and her smile at the end is nothing more than her trying to be reassuring.

The second part of the series, instead of being "Dark Suletta" or whatever the shit will be more trying to free Suletta from her mother's influence with political whatever in the background
(well i hope 4 parts instead of only two tho, the pacing has been way too slow for two parts only)
ZccdccccJan 10, 2023 5:03 PM
Jan 10, 2023 5:56 PM
Dec 2012
Zccdcccc said:

Holy shit, thank you, you two.
I keep seeing some wild theories like "Dark Suletta" or "she's under hypnosis" and all that shit when she's just being emotionally manipulated by her deadbeat mom, that she trusts more than anyone  (and it's been already shown that even when Propsera is overtly a huge bitch with her, it doesn't take much for Suletta to believe in her again), and that also she's absolutely shit not only at understanding what's going on around her (her misunderstanding with Miorine previously) but also shit at communicating overall.

She just took what her mom said face value and killed the guy because he endangered someone dear to her, and her smile at the end is nothing more than her trying to be reassuring.

The second part of the series, instead of being "Dark Suletta" or whatever the shit will be more trying to free Suletta from her mother's influence with political whatever in the background
(well i hope 4 parts instead of only two tho, the pacing has been way too slow for two parts only)

I'll take blame for coining "Dark Suletta" lol

But you kinda explained why I did that. It's not her becoming "Dark" in an evil sense, but because she will be realizing her immense destructive power without having the emotional intelligence - or even the awareness - to keep herself in check. So she's going to kill a lot of people and ruin a lot of things for the people she cares about, on behalf of whatever machinations Prospera comes up with. As far as Suletta is concerned she'll be doing the right thing but she will not understand why the people she is apparently helping are pushing her away. Miorine's reaction at the end will probably be how the world gradually comes to perceive Suletta over the course of the 2nd half. 

...but I'm already fearing a 00-esque ending for Suletta where she evolves into a Newtype with the help of Aerial, then makes a turn for the good because she can literally read minds and spread her "true" feelings lol. The prologue and the Gundam battle with Elan already hinted at that. 
Jan 10, 2023 9:17 PM
Apr 2021
"How can you smile like that...?"

Holy moly, Suletta a guaranteed psycho right now. She treated squashing that guy like he was no more than a bug, and that was her first kill.
Jan 10, 2023 9:23 PM

May 2014
probably the most i've ever looked forward to the second season of an otherwise mediocre anime. that last scene was incredibly funny. so glad suletta has developed a taste for blood. i hope the girls drop the boring school setting and run off to earth like they wanted to in the beginning.
Jan 10, 2023 11:48 PM

Jun 2016
Fight sakuga felt a bit inconsistent for a Gundam series...

That being said, I'm very happy with Suletta growing a bit out of her meek self. Especially the post-credit kill which really opens her character up to doing a lot more than pacifist bs fights which I was fearing. Not to mention, the lighting, voice acting, and sfx were absolutely perfect for that scene. Just... one word too much...

Now, why / how the hell does Miorine get 'murderer' from Suletta saving her and Delling. Given how rational and cool-headed she's been, it's like she's flipped personalities with meek Suletta... How is Suletta able to handle her mother saving her from a non-lethal encounter but Miorine unable to handle being saved at point blank range when she's body shielding her father???

Up to the 'how are you smiling' I can understand since it's eerie, but 'murderer'? Honestly, just takes a fat dump all over any development Suletta and Miorine had over the past 2 eps and resets the status-quo bs relationship.

Just cause Suletta is fine with killing people now, I doubt she'll be unaffected by Miorine calling her a murderer. I just pray that this doesn't lead to the Suletta also being reset to a meek girl unable to kill or properly converse with her friends again. If this show has to start all over with building up all the relationships and school drama let's be friends bs, imma be depressed. 
Jan 11, 2023 10:22 AM

Nov 2022
Turtles_Hunter said:
Pacing is atrocious. nothing happens in episodes 1 to 10 then so much happens in 11 and 12. I couldn't get in those last episodes, because I feel like they came out of nowhere. That show doesn't know what it wants to be.
Not really, since many people were able to accurately predict the events of episode 12 given everything we've seen so far. And there's been countless theories regarding Eri, Prospera and Aerial discussed to death on here and other platforms.
Turtles_Hunter said:
Since they never cared about clearly explaining what were the parties in presence, and their revendications, I did't really care about all those characters fighting. Those who are here from the beginning had barely any development, and the Earth terrorists (by default of a better definition) just came out nowhere.
It wasn't even subtle bruh, it's almost like you watched wfm without subtitles or something.
Jan 11, 2023 5:32 PM

Dec 2015
Amazing production, mediocre plot. I was looking for a more mature and dark plot since I watched the amazing prologue, instead, i ended up with cheesy high school drama. Closing the season with a dark finale doesn't save the season at all...
JirokissawJan 11, 2023 5:48 PM
Jan 11, 2023 6:06 PM
Jun 2017
VanishingKira said:
5/10.

Far too slow pace for a series that atleast currently is only confirmed 2 cour, the main conflict in the series has barely even begun and half the series is already over. Now we get to wait 3 months for a rushed 2nd cour likely.

There's a possibility that a 3rd and maybe 4th cour will be announced later given G-witch's success with it's gunpla sales (they sold out and had to restock from what I know) but currently whether or not that happens is uncertain. I feel its unlikely given the production issues that plagued this first cour. Even if that does happen the entire series won't be finished till mid 2024 at the earliest if they continue the split cour releases.

I have nothing against slow paced Gundam series (Turn A is in my top 10 anime) but here it feels like the series utterly failed to properly utilize its runtime. This episode itself was quite good but it feels like an outlier vs the rest of the series so far. Only the prologue being equally as good.

I guess I could say it was atleast better than Kyoukai Senki but that such a low ass bar that might as well be a backhanded compliment. Disappointing.
I have similar thoughts on it. I've seen a lot of people saying that the direness wouldn't hit this hard without 10 episodes of lightheartedness building up, but even if that were true (I think 6 or 7 would have been fine, if this was, say, episode 8 of the whole show then that would be fantastic), but I'm only left at this point with a vague idea of what the story will even be about going forward.

It felt like a large amount of the show wasted time to establish things that we already knew repeatedly, like the half episode spent on training where Chuchu punched out two cardboard cutout school bullies in the end. Sure, it made viewers go "OHHH" but added nothing to the overall story - which, thinking about it, was a pretty frequent trend. Most episodes hinged on one single, late, gif-able moment to keep people talking through the week.

These last two episodes were very solid, even with some hiccups here and there I quite liked them, but too much of the season was dull, and I don't even dislike episodic slice of life shows. This just didn't handle that writing well.
Jan 11, 2023 6:19 PM
Feb 2020
I'm choosing to basically only think of the first season as the prologue and eps 11 & 12. Easily the best story telling, animation, and fantastic cliffhangers that I've come to expect from the best Gundam entries. It almost makes you wonder if eps 1-10 were there just create a ridiculous contrast and kickoff the next season. While I completely lost interest during the "school arc" I think without the mundane and carefree episodes in the middle 11&12 wouldn't have seemed nearly so dark and vaguely Shakespearean. I do feel like they easily could have condensed the middle episodes that didn't contribute as much to the story and drama into 2-3 episodes instead of 10 but hey, maybe there wasn't enough source material for that. Either way, I'm completely satisfied with how this turned out and I'm even getting some IBO vibes which is EXACTLY what I was hoping for. That being said I'll definitely be changing my rating of the show after that finale, can't wait for the next part! Anyone else excited to see if Guel actually becomes more of a primary character? he seems to be getting setup as something more than what he was initially portrayed as. The fear and pain he experienced could go either way towards an awakening and amazing gain in strength or it could leave him broken and on a path to martyrdom. Hopefully he doesn't get forgotten about.
Jan 11, 2023 6:53 PM

Mar 2021
Good final episode but terribly rushed and it feels like they had to make an action packed episode out of the blue. Very little build up or foreshadowing towards this nor reveals.

Most of the 1st cour felt pretty wasted.

So far this show's reception is still ass compared to so many aus.
Jan 11, 2023 8:45 PM

Feb 2017
Snuffleskin said:
young_kappa said:
Gundam is a filter for midwit shonenheads because they actually have to pay attention to the shows
i'm pretty jaded about gundam actually, the franchise is typically super banal, but this show to me is the first time in a long time a mainline gundam especially an AU entry knocked it out of the park. i wanna say most of the WfM haters are people conditioned on the slop entries like wing, IBO, seed, unicorn and only care about seeing the robots and explosions without any regard to the nuance and purpose behind it all.
The primary things they're complaining about like yuri and school setting are so secondary to what's actually going on in the plot that it definitely does seem like a filter. 
if WfM went like gundam traditionally does i feel like the story would've started on the 11th episode with no context, would be a total mess.
young_kappaJan 11, 2023 8:52 PM
Jan 11, 2023 8:58 PM

Feb 2017
Erroratu said:
My theory at this point is that the "run, gain one. move forward, gain two" mantra works something like "would you kindly" in Bioshock, since it's a big point of relevance in Suletta's relationship with her mom. 
Even if this isn't the case Prospera is definitely manipulating her somehow, she sent her to the Asticassia school with selfish intentions and a relatively normal schoolgirl isn't just going to commit manslaughter with a cool head and gloss over it like absolutely nothing is wrong with it just because their mom told them it's OK, even if the person they're attacking is an assailant trying to kill their friend.
young_kappaJan 11, 2023 9:06 PM
Jan 12, 2023 12:22 AM

Jul 2013
young_kappa said:
Snuffleskin said:
i'm pretty jaded about gundam actually, the franchise is typically super banal, but this show to me is the first time in a long time a mainline gundam especially an AU entry knocked it out of the park. i wanna say most of the WfM haters are people conditioned on the slop entries like wing, IBO, seed, unicorn and only care about seeing the robots and explosions without any regard to the nuance and purpose behind it all.
The primary things they're complaining about like yuri and school setting are so secondary to what's actually going on in the plot that it definitely does seem like a filter. 
if WfM went like gundam traditionally does i feel like the story would've started on the 11th episode with no context, would be a total mess.
This Gundam blew me away personally. I find most Gundam to just be nonsense action flashy lights so it was nice to actually have characterization and development. Many people say the first 10 are filler but I personally think they added so much to the world and people saying that don't understand the point of this series. People just see school setting and go this is bad. Like they do realize it is a military school right? Anyway thank you for saying what I keep wanting to just tell everyone non-stop.
Jan 12, 2023 3:53 AM
Feb 2021
Peakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Jan 12, 2023 7:13 AM
Dec 2019
it worth to watch this episode if you are fan of old gundam
Jan 12, 2023 1:50 PM

Jan 2020
young_kappa said:
Snuffleskin said:
That's pretty much my feelings tbh, I haven't really liked anything from Gundam as of late except for Hathaway which is kind of cheating considering that's technically Tomino anyway. I like Witch because it's what an AU is supposed to be, it's taking the themes and ideas of Gundam while changing up a bunch of stuff to justify it being in a different setting and it allows for a genuinely fresh new take, I'd compare it to G Gundam in that respect, barring Hathaway this is probably one of the most "Gundam" entries in the franchise as of late.
Calal-Chan said:
This Gundam blew me away personally. I find most Gundam to just be nonsense action flashy lights so it was nice to actually have characterization and development. Many people say the first 10 are filler but I personally think they added so much to the world and people saying that don't understand the point of this series. People just see school setting and go this is bad. Like they do realize it is a military school right? Anyway thank you for saying what I keep wanting to just tell everyone non-stop.
If you want more character development and politics from the franchise you may like the Universal Century stuff, animations on the older side but story and character-wise it really holds up imo. Turn A is also a good one if you're fine with something slower-paced. 
Jan 12, 2023 4:04 PM

Feb 2017
Snuffleskin said:
That's pretty much my feelings tbh, I haven't really liked anything from Gundam as of late except for Hathaway which is kind of cheating considering that's technically Tomino anyway. I like Witch because it's what an AU is supposed to be, it's taking the themes and ideas of Gundam while changing up a bunch of stuff to justify it being in a different setting and it allows for a genuinely fresh new take, I'd compare it to G Gundam in that respect, barring Hathaway this is probably one of the most "Gundam" entries in the franchise as of late.
I loved the Cucuruz Doan's Island movie, too. Which reminds me that I completely forgot to put it on my list months ago when I went to the theater to see it lmao 
Jan 12, 2023 4:28 PM

Aug 2011
Sulleta went full lesbian psycho.

Love this.

Looking forward to Cour 2, Season 2, whatever they want to call it

» Escapism.

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A question

Shubhamb1996 - May 24

6 by AngelaWolter »»
Jun 3, 11:05 AM

» Mobile Suit Gundam Franchise Reaches Sales Record of 145.7 Billion Yen in 2024 Fiscal Year

deg - May 12

8 by Zedlin »»
May 13, 11:03 AM

» wait a second... they're GAY????

Nyron - Feb 9

12 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 17, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2022

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2022

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.