Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2022 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
Movie quality episode, even the tone of the voices, so soft spoken but with power.

It's easy to forget how amazing One Piece is until you get hit by an episode like this ...
My god, the little animation details, the story board and the art were sooo damn good.
That transition from Kinemon and crew lying on the ground hit like a truck.

I'm literally in tears, imagine this kind of quality every episode.
Really makes me want them to just release an episode every 2 weeks or hell every month.
This just shows quality > quantity.
PrOxAntoApr 26, 2022 1:22 PM
Apr 26, 2022 1:27 PM
Mar 2021
we finalllyyy reacheddd roof pieceeee!!!! Only peak from there- lets ignore the next ep being a filler... its giving me Naruto 4th ninja war ngl
Apr 26, 2022 1:57 PM

May 2011
"The fire that was diminished, now is lit"

This episode makes me remember those feelings where I watching this as kid..

(.. haha.. how long has it been..?)
Apr 26, 2022 4:40 PM

Jul 2012
Holy shit, I feel spoiled by the movie quality lately, but moreso especially episodes like THIS.
Apr 26, 2022 4:50 PM
Apr 2022
The best episode in the world
Apr 26, 2022 6:07 PM
Sep 2021
JoestarJoestar said:

What even are these nonsense critiques, are you 12? But seriously, OP has enough fan service and Toei already add more than enough extra scenes and redraw women to fit that inhuman 8 figure. It seems that's not enough for you, and your Anime-List shows you literally only watch ecchi. Honestly just go watch some Hentai then. Don't be saying this episode is bad when all you wanna see is boobs. If you ONLY want to see fan-sevice then OP is not the show you are looking for.

@Fax001s said
That's some next level shitposting, thanks for the laugh.
FMmatron said
He exclusively posts petty shit like this lmao. For this episode he indeed had no other choice but to troll, that's how perfect it was. I'm always looking forward to your posts, tho, @SuitC4s3. They're too hilarious.
@VolKur horny fuckers everywhere xD
CLEARLY is like they don't UNDERSTAND the HATE for this Episode.
Lets says I only said 4 words like I HATE THIS EPISODE then i did not say nothing else.
Reasons WHY i don't do that:
1. You won't know why I Hate the episode.
2. You will start to make assumptions i am a troll or assume hater or other things
3. It helps NO one if I wrote 4 words.
3.1 If you are a future Director for example, you cannot correct anything if you don't know where the Hate is directed at.
4. Fan Service is NOT Hentai.
For @JoestarJoestar to redirect me to Hentai is WRONG. Also @FMmatron saying Horny Fuckers is complete misunderstanding Fan Service.
Example: If I like Fight Scenes. Does it make me like Boxing or make me a Violent person? this is the problem with assuming.

Its like..... They don't UNDERSTAND...... the HATE. I need to EXPLAIN deep to make them UNDERSTAND.
Vote One Piece Film Red Fan Service Click Here
Apr 26, 2022 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
@SuitC4s3 I have no problem with your critiques. I mean everyone have different opinions and they have right to post them.
But, still "Horny Fuckers Everywhere" XD
Apr 26, 2022 9:46 PM

Sep 2015
SuitC4s3 said:
JoestarJoestar said:

What even are these nonsense critiques, are you 12? But seriously, OP has enough fan service and Toei already add more than enough extra scenes and redraw women to fit that inhuman 8 figure. It seems that's not enough for you, and your Anime-List shows you literally only watch ecchi. Honestly just go watch some Hentai then. Don't be saying this episode is bad when all you wanna see is boobs. If you ONLY want to see fan-sevice then OP is not the show you are looking for.

Its like..... They don't UNDERSTAND...... the HATE. I need to EXPLAIN deep to make them UNDERSTAND.

But by the end, I do agree that Yamato needs way more fanservice. I think that truly heightens her character even more. Toei that made episodes for Yamato in the past clearly had no issue.

I feel like Nami gets way too much of it already. So it's always nice to see more variety of other characters, ESPECIALLY Yamato, she only appeared after 900+ episodes later. If they really want to sell this character well. More fan service for her then.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 27, 2022 3:09 AM

Nov 2016
@SuitC4s3 I was referring to Ahri in particular when I pinged Volkur. He quoted him before and all.

You're not as down bad as him(at least not in the same manner) you're just shitposting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 27, 2022 5:06 AM
Apr 2020
Holy shit... this episode is...
It's just something else...
Apr 27, 2022 5:43 AM
Sep 2018
Best episode in wano!, Hope after this arc carrot and Yamato join mugiwara simultaneously.
Yu_ijin_01Apr 27, 2022 5:47 AM
Apr 27, 2022 7:51 AM
Mar 2020
Best OP episode, better than the manga and I didn't know it was possible!
Apr 27, 2022 8:47 AM

Sep 2015
FMmatron said:
@SuitC4s3 I was referring to Ahri in particular when I pinged Volkur. He quoted him before and all.

You're not as down bad as him(at least not in the same manner) you're just shitposting.

Well... D-E-U-T-S-C-H-E-R M-A-N-N

did you at least thought that 3/4 of Yamato's flashback from this episode contributed it to be a G.O.A.T. episode for you? If so or if not, why?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 27, 2022 9:13 AM

Nov 2016
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
FMmatron said:

did you at least thought that 3/4 of Yamato's flashback from this episode contributed it to be a G.O.A.T. episode for you? If so or if not, why?

Greatness of that flashback was 100% due to storytelling and visual direction

0% sexual fanservice

So muh art style not fappable on point = Unfunny, cringeworthy L take

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 27, 2022 9:26 AM

Sep 2015
FMmatron said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

0% sexual fanservice

No that was not the issue, the issue was the drawing/artstyle for the past and present in comparison.

Look at the hair strands, its weirdly rounded, and her eyes are very round, wheras everything else in the present looks more SHARP and detailed by the end of her hair strands. I don't know if this is a way to make her look "younger" but still.

Also I do believe if fanservice was involved, it could be directed well with funny takes for this episode. But of course this episode does make up for the lack of fanservice with Yamato being in the spotlight. My complaint was more towards referring to all other previous episodes of Yamato lacking fan service. And that I want more.

Do you at least like Yamato a teeny tiny bit more?

AND DEUTSCH MANN, YOU CAME BACK TO ME !!

AhriTheS3xyFoxApr 27, 2022 9:29 AM

Apr 27, 2022 9:34 AM

Nov 2016
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
FMmatron said:

0% sexual fanservice

No that was not the issue, the issue was the drawing/artstyle for the past and present in comparison.

Look at the hair strands, its weirdly rounded, and her eyes are very round, wheras everything else in the present looks more SHARP and detailed by the end of her hair strands. I don't know if this is a way to make her look "younger" but still.

Also I do believe if fanservice was involved, it could be directed well with funny takes for this episode. But of course this episode does make up for the lack of fanservice with Yamato being in the spotlight. My complaint was more towards referring to all other previous episodes of Yamato lacking fan service. And that I want more.

Do you at least like Yamato a teeny tiny bit more?

AND DEUTSCH MANN, YOU CAME BACK TO ME !!

I literally mentioned "art style not on point" as well which means I know what your complaint was. But it doesn't change anything regarding my comment, it only proves my point. Remember what you said and read between the lines, lol.

And I do like Yamato a lot, since her first appearance in fact. I'm just not a Yamato-tard xD

Apr 27, 2022 9:42 AM

Sep 2015
[quote=FMmatron message=66254579][quote=AhriTheS3xyFox message=66254511][quote=FMmatron message=66254402]
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
And I do like Yamato a lot, since her first appearance in fact. I'm just not a Yamato-tard xD

😖😭 😢🥰🤩😍

Deutscher Mann!! You are actually the BEST!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

Yamato for life, Yamato is the goat, Yamato is love, Yamato is the One Piece.

Y-A-M-A-T-O

I think she deserves roof piece animation! She deserves EVERYTHING!

Apr 27, 2022 9:53 AM

Nov 2016
@AhriTheS3xyFox

And you deserve professional help.

Apr 27, 2022 6:30 PM
Dec 2018
Greatest episode of all time
Apr 28, 2022 11:59 AM

May 2021
Greatest One Piece episode without questioning, every second of this episode was a chef's kiss.

“𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥, 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯’𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦. 𝘏𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘮𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘴 “𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩”. 𝘏𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 “𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩” 𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘦.” – 𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘰𝘴𝘩𝘪 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘦
ʏᴀsᴜʜᴀ - ғʟʏᴅᴀʏ ᴄʜɪɴᴀᴛᴏᴡɴ

Apr 29, 2022 9:17 AM

Sep 2015
FMmatron said:
@AhriTheS3xyFox

And you deserve professional help.

I almost added "I FREAKEN love you!" after saying "You are the BEST!!" but I managed to restrain myself, despite how damn joyful I was that you liked her.

Would your comment reply be the same still?

Anyway lets not get off topic here. The horns of hers in the flashback looks waaaay too curved. That is also another issue I found.

I assume there are separate teams making one scene for flashback and the other for present Yamato.

Apr 29, 2022 9:58 AM
Apr 2022
Goat anime for me luffy is the best mc
Apr 30, 2022 5:22 AM
Jun 2020
Peak episode! it's been so long since i last got this emotional about one piece. I hope megumi would continue to direct more episodes.
Apr 30, 2022 1:14 PM

May 2016
I remember last year when that chapter came out the whole community was hypped for this day. animation is top tier I have seen in this series.
Apr 30, 2022 5:41 PM

Jul 2013
Honestly, I wanted to wait a bit before I watch this show again. When One Piece stopped airing for the first time since the start of this pandemic I managed to stock up around 10 episodes when it came back before I watched it again. Now, it stopped airing again so I was like now I'm gonna wait for even longer but because a lot of people on facebook most of which I didn't even knew watch anime won't stfu about this is being the "best episode ever". But after seeing it, it's more like best last 2 minutes in an episode ever. And of course next episode is going to be some bullshit. Gotta prolong the good stuff because why not.
May 2, 2022 3:52 AM
Nov 2014
Omg Luffy Finally makes it up the stairs, guys. I could cry; we waited for quite a long time for him to get there lol
May 4, 2022 12:56 AM
Feb 2015
Yeah without a doubt one of the best OP episodes in history.
Ishitani is just a tremendously talented director - every episode she directs ends up being a classic, and a sakuga eye candy from start to finish.
Her use of colors in her episodes is second to none, I absolutely adore how she sets up beautiful lighting and effects which really emphasize everything and sets up this very awesome atmosphere.
Also she has some really clever ideas and transitions in her scenes. Just brilliant.

I would absolutely love if they give her a chance to do a OP movie, and it'll probably end up being the best one.
May 4, 2022 7:20 AM

Jun 2020
It's always One Piece
This anime shit is addictive
May 4, 2022 7:36 AM

Sep 2015
spectrojan said:
It's always One Piece

Hmmmm? What do you mean by that?

May 4, 2022 7:37 AM

Jun 2020
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
spectrojan said:
It's always One Piece

Hmmmm? What do you mean by that?

It's always One Piece that reminds me why I watch anime.
This anime shit is addictive
May 5, 2022 3:38 AM

Dec 2020
This episode was just pure masterpiece of everything you needed and nothing to say anymore.
Become my favourite one piece episode

For your Information:

May 6, 2022 1:24 AM

Dec 2012
It's so beautiful my god

May 8, 2022 10:36 PM

Feb 2015
I can’t believe they made an episode this insane, it was awesome and breathtaking, I even cried wtf. The animations are incredibly detailed and fluid, the transitions are excellent, and the emotion it gives you when they say that young pirates will rule the world and these dudes arrive all badass, wtf. The similarities between Luffy and Roger. Yamato challenging Kaido is awesome. The arrival of Luffy, the talk with Kin’emon, Law saving them and the first punch to Kaido, omg, this was hype as fuck.
May 11, 2022 11:05 AM

Jul 2012
Holy fuck what an amazing episode!!! Everything was epic!!

We even got to see how Ace got the Vivre Card!
May 11, 2022 7:02 PM

Dec 2015
Despite the pace flaws which i hate, episodes like this remind me why i loved one piece in the first place.
May 15, 2022 12:25 AM

Oct 2017
How you use flasbacks right, like seriously. The directing this episode was superb. One of the best episode in the series.
May 19, 2022 4:47 PM

May 2017
this was easily one of the best anime episodes I have ever seen. I've seen quite a lot, I don't wanna call this the best overall one piece episodes, there have been so many great ones over the span of a thousand episodes.. but man this was by far the best directed episode hands down. It was flawless it was immaculate, the story too was just absolutely impeccable. Man my face is soaked from tears. That was insanity.

Oda you are really a legendary man. And to all the toei staff that makes episodes like these possible, I appreciate you so fking much. You're all legends.
May 21, 2022 7:30 AM

Aug 2015
This episode just saved the entire Wano Arc anime from being a major disappointment. One of the best episode of not just OP but anime that I've seen. I guess they finally hired a director? Up until this, it seemed like they've been skipping scenes and a lot of the fights were rushed
May 22, 2022 1:24 PM
Jun 2019
One of the best, if not THE best One Piece episode that has ever aired. I'm talking animation, music, and directing with the GOAT herself, Megumi Ishitani. Man, this episode gave me chills all the way through.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
May 30, 2022 1:11 PM
Jul 2014
Oh my, they finally died !

The greatest episode since a LONG LONG time
Jun 1, 2022 4:48 PM

May 2014
Wow, just like others I am shocked by the superb quality. It was top-notch. I think the recent chapters had a huge impact and inspiration on the quality of the ep and how it was made. They justified themselves, but it's sad to not see chapter 1000 be adapted as ep. 1000. Oh well. However, one of the best ep. in the entire series and the best of this year.
Jun 10, 2022 7:05 PM

May 2017
The way the story wzs explained was grrat , sadly nothing specizl about seiyuuband ost

But i know from the fail episode that luffy va can be realy great !

About ost sadly , it does change , i know where it is going , sadly it look like its the same thzn naruto vs kaguya genre

At least we have cute yamato !
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jun 17, 2022 7:20 PM

Dec 2012
Legit, I felt like I was going to have a heart attack when the "We Are" theme started playing and Luffy went full Fire Fist. This episode was an emotional rollercoaster, constantly shifting between pure joy to total heart wrench. I was desperately clutching to every single second, hoping it would never end. From facing three admirals to the showdown with two emperors, the levels of epic this journey has reached have far exceeded their destination.

The best part of the first half was when it drew that parallel between Roger / Newgate / Oden & Luffy / Ace / Sabo. As for the second part, the best part of Luffy's announcement was making it after he brought Kaido to his knees, making him quite literally feel the weight of the words "King of the Pirates."
Jun 18, 2022 2:25 AM

Sep 2019
This was by far the best animation I've seen in any anime I've ever seen.

And even PERFECT cannot justify its greatness.
Jun 20, 2022 4:10 AM

Sep 2018
That's gotta be a top five One Piece episode, my word.
Jun 21, 2022 6:35 AM

Mar 2015
Oh my god this was one overwhelming epsiode holy shit i can't words
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 26, 2022 10:05 PM
Jul 2018
one of the best episodes ever created this episode is beautiful everything about the episode is perfection and after this episode I like Yamato a lot more and it'll be great if she joins the crew that scene with kinemon was really emotional and Luffy at the end is just.....
removed-userAug 6, 2022 5:06 AM
Jul 4, 2022 2:12 AM
Jan 2020
GOAT EPISODE OF ROOF PIECE
Jul 19, 2022 8:21 AM

Feb 2021
I almost cried when Kinnemon say that to Luffy. This episode is really awesome!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 21, 2022 1:33 AM

Mar 2012
There it is, the infamous episode 1015!

For One Piece standards, the animation is really good! I really loved the colorful style of the Roger flashback.

I didn't care much for the recycled story of another character reacting to Ace's death tbh. Least of all a Wano character.

But overall a good episode!
4/5
End Zionazism
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 543 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Apr 14, 2012

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 541 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimbobwa - Mar 31, 2012

70 by gannoncannon55 »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Dec 18, 2010

119 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 479 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Dec 11, 2010

87 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 478 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Dec 4, 2010

110 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.