Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mieruko-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 23, 2022 10:14 AM
Jul 2019
I enjoyed it. Was a pretty fun watch.

8/10.

I hope next season starts to give more answers though. We still don't know anything about the nature of these creatures or Miko's powers.
Jan 25, 2022 4:22 PM
May 2014
Blueluelueluelue said:
Was that really a dream? If so why were the spirits still pissed off when they were standing behind our trio walking? Like it was too specific and without any dream-like quality to it. I fear something much more sinister than an ominous dream. This episode did a phenomenal job of convincing me to read the manga lol. Hopefully I can get an answer there.

I don’t feel like reading the manga but im also curious about that part can you please let me know if you do find out? Thanks
Jan 31, 2022 10:27 AM
Aug 2015
This is a good final episode. Basically all caught up before the next arc, which they foreshadow. But with the way they ended this, I don’t expect a second season, since they include partial scenes but cut out any parts that would’ve preluded the next arc. If they do continue, I wonder how they’ll handle the big boss reveal, since how it’s revealed plays into the plot, but now that we and Miko have already seen it, it’ll ruin the build up. Wonder if they’ll just act like it never happened, or say that since it’s a dream, she forgot.
Kinda wish they didn’t hold back on the gore and action, gave it less punch, which was one of the reasons I liked it, without ghost, peaceful, with ghost…. yeah….
Feb 9, 2022 5:56 AM
Jul 2021
this anime was good a nice mixture of comedy, horror and fanservice. i want a second season to get answers as to why miko chan is seeing all these things and whats the deal with those shrine spirits. 7/10
Feb 16, 2022 1:18 PM
Sep 2016
They legit cut so much important information from the scene of Mitsue getting the picture and instead ended the anime with a filler dream sequence, not to mention we didn't even get a reveal of the best character in the manga. What a waste of a final episode.
Feb 16, 2022 2:50 PM

Aug 2017
very very much enjoyed mieruko chan. the entire cat murder thing scared me a bit at first. i thought they'd show how those cats were abused to death but that wasn't the case the entire last arc was wholesome as fuck.
Feb 19, 2022 3:55 AM
Apr 2021
I agree with _SY_, also giving it a 7. Some good, some bad, some cringe but all in all I look forward to a potential sequel.
Feb 27, 2022 2:14 PM

Feb 2020
Those gods scare me more than the ghost... If there's a second season, I wonder what this last scene will lead to.

Well, that was a nice show ! It could be fun, scary, but also surprisingly emotional and I liked to see Miko's development.
I still thought that it was a bit boring at times, the characters aside from Miko and Zen weren't very interesting, and I felt like the show was sometimes being a bit too sadistic towards Miko.
But if a second season comes, I'll gladly watch it as I'm curious to know some answers.
Mar 7, 2022 12:46 AM

Oct 2021
I couldn't stop laughing at that moment near the end where Yuria falls when trying to outrun Miko and Hana is struggling to run with her big boobs.
Mar 13, 2022 4:28 PM

Mar 2021
All I have to say about this series is supernatural entities and butt buns!
Mar 13, 2022 5:33 PM

Oct 2019
Uh.. Can somebody tell me what's wrong with the big fox and twin-loli foxes?
Mar 13, 2022 5:38 PM

Mar 2021
andreariona said:
Uh.. Can somebody tell me what's wrong with the big fox and twin-loli foxes?

You are really trying to make sense of this series? The supernatural shrine entities were most likely just kitsune. How they were being depicted either by being loli foxes or some giant fox entity is irrelevant. Mieruko was just being paranoid. I don't think they have any ill-will towards her.
Mar 15, 2022 5:12 PM

Jul 2015
Shrine scene was kinda scary. Overall quite the good series with the unexpected plottwists, emotional moments and in general interesting to see Miko dealing with the ghosts.

Mar 17, 2022 8:54 PM

Apr 2014
i fully enjoyed this series and am hoping for season 2 someday

for now will be checking out the manga ect

really wanna know where things goes from here
"one step at a time"
Mar 25, 2022 9:06 AM

Aug 2018
What if Miko prayed once more and got more of those "three protection"?
Mar 25, 2022 5:32 PM
Sep 2016
Horror is hard to translate in manga and anime.
Just look at Junji Ito Collection which is absolute garbage.
Meanwhile his manga are all 10/10.

Same with Mieruko-chan. manga is somewhere between 7/10 or 9/10.
While the anime is a 6/10, barely scrapping a 7/10.
Mar 29, 2022 7:18 AM

Jun 2014
This anime was really good. 8/10.
Apr 2, 2022 7:07 AM

Mar 2017
That was a hella good anime. I wasn’t sure on it at first but it was great. I think the beginning was a little strung out but I’m hooked now… gonna read the manga for sure

I need to know what’s going on with those Kitsune looking things cause they’re scarier than the dead people Miko sees!
Apr 7, 2022 8:39 PM

Mar 2021
I really wish she actually went and gave them thanks instead of just having a dream about it ): They obviously wouldn't hurt her since they saved her three times. I like when Zen killed the cat killer though lol
Apr 9, 2022 9:04 AM

Feb 2020
Nice cliffhanger for a next season! Makes me want to delve into the manga :D

Would be funny if the story ends with Miko discovering Christ and reaching the conclusion that all these beings are just demons. Could be a funny turn of events in a Japanese story xD
Apr 18, 2022 5:55 PM

Oct 2014
bit of a limp dicked last episode, I hate dream sequences, they literally add nothing to the story

I wanted her to actually go to the shrine !
Apr 25, 2022 6:47 PM

May 2020
I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but this ended up being a surprisingly fun show. I wasn't too impressed by the annoying fanservice and slow pace of the beginning, but it improved a lot over the course of it's run, the monsters were genuinely creepy, and the story towards the end was great and it left me wanting more. Some flaws held it back a bit, but I'll give it a 7/10.
WisperGApr 25, 2022 9:37 PM
May 17, 2022 2:17 AM

Dec 2009
Excellent anime adaption of the manga.
Extremely faithful except for the ending, while adding little introductions and a tiny bit more depth to the in-betweens.
Unless I missed reading some extra chapters from fan translations.

The first differences are the hairstyles with Miko, Hana, and Yuria having a different color on their edges which isn't bad. If it helps them attract more awareness by being distinct, good.
Clarities made in the anime that isn't aparent from that manga is how they made Yuria's spirit sight faint, and the Shrine Spirits transparent with a golden outline.
The biggest addition is presenting Miko's father in the beginning of the story before he's revealed as a spirit, and introducing Yuria before they meet.
Although the complete alternative difference from the manga is skipping from Chapter 23 to Chapter 27 as a dream and changing how Miko gets into the shrine and gives her offering.
In the manga, she's in the same destination but isn't in the shrine because she can't access it (spoiler that I won't reveal).
Instead, she gets surrounded by spirits and as she's about to get attacked, the Shrine Spirits save her again. That's when she gives her offering which they get enranged by, and then Mitsue saves her.
The second form of the Cho Sakai isn't revealed in that moment yet at all.

... The music is really good in being ominous and setting the tone, but I think the execution of the "jump-scares" (I think they're intended to be more shocking than an actual jump-scare) are somewhat underwhelmingly slow in forcing a powerful feel of tension from the shock.
Although, I'm fully expecting and am aware what will happen as a up-to-date manga reader on the same day of watching the anime.
The blatant fanservice of thigh shots and sexy angles is odd, but doesn't ruin the experience, even if it's arguably meaningless.
In the manga, it's not blatant at all like in the anime where it focuses on specific angles and adds an extra shower scene with Yuria.

... The story itself is great. 8/10.
From the premise of a comedy with Miko the protagonist who does her best to ignore or trick the spirits, all throughout holding in most of her fear while not revealing her ability to anyone (except for Yuria who finds out later) to then trying her best to protect her best friend Hana when her life is frequently in danger after they visit a shrine.
The evolution of the plot to change to one connected with japanese mythology of the shrine spirits, praying for her friend to be rid of a mutated spirit and help her also, with the spirits stating to her she has "three times" to be saved by them against spirits,
to the misunderstood teacher haunted by his mother's spirits and dead cats- awesome story which only gets better afterwards.
Yuria's slow growth of trust by having Miko and Hana as friends from her past of being bullied for revealing her power to see spirits. The overall mystery of several things, including Hana's spiritual power. All great.

I'm looking forward to the next few years for the anime to get a second season.
In the meantime, I'll keep reading the manga. It's great.
waalex11May 17, 2022 8:22 PM
Jun 5, 2022 1:21 PM
May 2019
Can't really understand what happened with the cat killer. Did Zen really kill him? Unanswered question. Also, what was up with his neighbor anyway? Was she intentionally making his food badly, and for what reason? Lol strange

I'm assuming that there's going to be a second season, because if not, the issue with the shrine spirits cannot be left so unresolved!! They clearly expect something from Miko. It kind of bothered me that her visit to the shrine was teased all episode but never actually happened.

Also, I wished Miko would learn to do something about the spirits on her own, the way the godmother did. I mean, the lady went out of business, but for what reason exactly? Makes no sense haha

I love love love Hana and her hungry stomach and Miko's friendship with her. I think they're the perfect duo, especially with how opposite they are.

7/10
Jun 8, 2022 3:39 PM

Jan 2016
t_tomodachi22 said:
Can't really understand what happened with the cat killer. Did Zen really kill him? Unanswered question. Also, what was up with his neighbor anyway? Was she intentionally making his food badly, and for what reason? Lol strange

I came here with the same questions lol, in particularly for the neighbor old hag, i didn't understand what she meant, i thought about it for the entire episode
Jun 10, 2022 6:44 AM
Oct 2021
Solaire_ofAstora said:
t_tomodachi22 said:

I came here with the same questions lol, in particularly for the neighbor old hag, i didn't understand what she meant, i thought about it for the entire episode

It's implied she was intentionally putting hair in his food.
Jun 10, 2022 7:17 AM

Jan 2016
ErvolHetain said:
Solaire_ofAstora said:

It's implied she was intentionally putting hair in his food.

Ah okay...actually that thought crossed my mind but i couldn't make a sense of it
...Women stuff 乁( ͡° ︿ ͡°) ㄏ
Jul 1, 2022 7:40 PM

Dec 2020
Did I get double fooled. Instead of the teacher being a cat killer he's a regular killer? Lol

Also I had a feeling those shrine guardian spirits weren't entirely good. Even the grandma witch was frightened when she noticed where the girls were at in the picture. So unconfirmed but these scenes make it ominous.

But I really enjoyed this series. I think the most fun was the world building trying to figure out how things work.
Jul 19, 2022 12:02 AM

Sep 2011
I think enjoyed the ending but left with many questions. I was hoping that Yuria would’ve played a bigger role in the friend group cause she was hilarious plus had a similar ability but it’s cool, got tons of Miko and Hana.

I’m guessing that Zen ended up killing the cat abuser since he is missing and what’s up with the lady who is purposely putting hair in the stew, like who does that.

With the golden spirits, looks like their help doesn’t come for free and they want something more from Miko and maybe they weren’t so good after all.

Overall, enjoyed the episode and enjoyed watching the anime as a whole. I did have higher expectations for it. I found out about the anime while browsing through the seasonal stuff here on MAL and started watching right after reading the description. It was a good past time but I did feel that it was lacking in pacing. I always felt like the next episode is where something will happen, maybe that’s why I was hoping for Yuria to get more screen time cause she would bring another perspective since the anime is about seeing ghosts. I also saw that granny in the opening or ending (can’t remember) so thought she would play a bigger role too. Maybe later if they make another season, we might see more of her since she did get that picture in the mail at the end, she might come back to help the girls. I read some comments about fan service but I didn’t really see that much or maybe it didn’t seem like much to me so it didn’t faze me.

Overall, enjoyed the anime but want more story and like something big to happen that makes me go like ‘wow, what is Miko gonna do now”. Still hoping for another season as the manga is still on-going. I am fan of horror anime and I feel it still delivered, just want more.

I’ll give it a score of 7/10.
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Aug 10, 2022 11:45 PM
Jul 2022
This anime is very interesting and unique. I liked it
Aug 29, 2022 10:10 AM
Jun 2022
The way it ended makes me wonder if there will be a second season, also interested in learning more about the ghosts and shiz
Aug 31, 2022 2:16 PM
Apr 2022
it was confusing, no real plot
Sep 2, 2022 11:51 PM

Dec 2016
This was surprisingly enjoyable. I was pretty much instantly hooked on the universe of this story. My only complaint is that more mileage wasn't squeezed out of the runtime. I was eager to see Miko interact more with the spirits and get more development of the lore and characters. I'm sure this is just how the manga was paced, but it would have been nice to get a bit more progress in the 12 episodes that were adapted regardless.

Other than that, Sora Amamiya and Sakura Ayane in lead roles is always a treat. The art and visuals were good and did not feel cheap. The music was another standout, again with Sora Amamiya doing vocals for the intro and outro.

Hopefully there will be a second season, and good material to fill it with.
Oct 3, 2022 10:30 PM
Mar 2021
its was good anime back 2021 fall
Oct 9, 2022 7:44 AM
Mar 2021
it was good really enjoyed it
Oct 10, 2022 10:07 PM
Feb 2021
I have so many questions. Like, did they do a double plot twist and imply that zen killed/kidnapped the cat killer, making him a not-so-good guy after all? Why was his neighbor hiding hair in the food she gave him? And I think that the shrine that she prayed at was for an evil god perhaps, considering they look like they wanna kill her and they pointed out that no one is ever at that shrine in the first place. When miko prayed to the shrine, she said that she would do anything for them to save hana, so maybe they are coming to collect her soul? I'm hoping for a season 2 so that all my questions can be answered. Also, I just know that the fortune teller lady and miko's dad will have a bigger role in all this later
Oct 11, 2022 1:46 AM
Dec 2015
spooky and funny. supah cool
Dec 7, 2022 8:20 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
That ending credit lmao. Spooky Kadokawa haha.
Jan 11, 2023 6:30 PM
Dec 2022
debe de haber 2 temporada por lo que quedaron muchas cosas inconclusas, una de ellas: ¿por qué los espíritus del templo que le ayudaron terminaron con esa expresión en la cara? por qué se ofendieron? qué pasa con eso?
Jan 13, 2023 9:59 AM
Jul 2020
Show was hella good and this has an average of 7.44? Dam people really are tripping.

I'd give this an 8/10, probably would read the manga too
Feb 4, 2023 5:02 AM

Jul 2019
It ended nicely. Zen got a cat (to Kyousuke's dismay) and the scumbag catkiller got his comeuppance. Fuck that guy.

I wonder if the shrine event was a dream or if something actually happened. Did the fox miko's try to pull some soulstealing stunt, did they just want some other payment or is it just the "language barrier"?

I wouldn't mind a second season.

9/10
Feb 16, 2023 12:16 AM

Nov 2016
alright show, the comedy didnt hit me as hard as many others. i was hoping for miko to go ghostbuster mode with her friends, guess it doesnt happen any time soon. or prolly not in this series

i was hoping miko (aquas konosuba VA) was going to go all out, but yeah. seems aqua was the odd 1 out
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Feb 27, 2023 5:15 AM

Jan 2014
I thought Miko would tell the truth about Zen's mom haunting him and tell the truth about her ability to her only allies.
I guess up to this episode she still couldn't find a safest place to talk about that.
now I was wondering, if that shrine isn't really helping her, why didn't she go to another shrine that actually still have many priest or maidens?
they might actually help her and teach her a thing or two about exorcism.

and I also wonder, does these spirit actually could hurt her tho?
all of them are transparent and most of people just phase through them on daily basis.
I still don't understand why she so afraid of getting hurt by a spirit that couldn't touch her?
Mar 4, 2023 10:31 AM
Jan 2023
Plot Twist: They're all schizophrenic
Apr 14, 2023 8:28 AM
Jan 2015
now, where is season 2!
Apr 19, 2023 9:04 AM
Oct 2020
Had super much fun watching mieruko chan. watching yotsuya miko san protecting herself and her surroundings was entertaining, didnt feel any bored moment, every scene was fulfilling. 
Hope this gets a season 2
I'd love to see more of backstories relating to the ghosts, shrine deities.

May 13, 2023 10:22 AM
Apr 2021
Interesting Plot
Jun 2, 2023 5:15 AM
Dec 2022
it was good but what's with the random bath scenes TT
Jun 30, 2023 9:31 AM
Jun 2023
At first the pace is slow but after episode 6 it gets really good! I just wish they decide to make a 2nd season! It's really worth watching.
Jul 21, 2023 11:56 AM
Dec 2022
sad that its over, whish it could go on forever like any other anime but im glad i got to watch this anime, miko will forever be my favorite character good bye amazing anime ill probably rewatch in the future :(
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

147 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 3, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

126 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 2, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Syureria - Oct 31, 2021

144 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

246 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

304 by ReaperCreeper »»
Apr 30, 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.