Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 25, 2021 12:36 AM
Aug 2017
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
Cryogenic freezer is bs. People turning into stone is one thing but this is going too far. Author is taking too many liberties especially since Senku prides himself on using science and not magic

How is it magic? It is the only way to preserve the corpse of Tsukasa. They don't want his corpse rot.
Dec 22, 2021 7:59 AM

Dec 2007
good finale episode for this season. tsukasa's "death" is kinda ending this all first part of the story okay, though i feel as the writer just didn't had another excuse how to escape this plot lol.
building ship should be lot easier than building phones, automobile and freezer lol, it's been long time since senku gonna make logical invention.

about this season , it' clearly showing two points what is bad on dr stone and how it "repaired it"
1. pace - first season problem mostly was pace, this season just went and fast it away lol. it's just showed that the problem in the story is the slow pace of story, but fast pace is doing great for the small things...
2. action - i think it's already known action doesn't work well on dr stone, this season taking it in the whole meaning, the highlight is only on senka's idea, and that's good.

at any rate - 9/10 for this season too.
Dec 30, 2021 8:18 AM

Jul 2021
Senku managed to think of a way to save Tsukasa, which is through petrification, but for that he had to freeze him so he had enough time. Will Tsukasa side with the Kingdom of Science if everything goes well and he manages to be petrified and then restored? I think so.
It was a very good season.
I'm really looking forward to the next season as they are going to build boats and begin maritime exploration.
asdasdsadad
Jan 23, 2022 6:28 AM

Mar 2021
guess i'll read the manga lol

so that was only the prologue like vinland saga
Mar 1, 2022 5:44 AM

May 2020
Glad they didn't just killed off Tsukasa like that. Now him being in a state of cold sleep for don't know how many years but still can say for sure it won't be that long, because Senku won't let it to be. Such an emotional last conversation between two of them...

So now the truth behind this history changing petrification... great.
Another fantastic season, 8.5/10.
Apr 2, 2022 11:00 AM
Jul 2020
i still cant believe this was all just a prologue...
Sep 8, 2022 7:50 PM
Feb 2020
7/10
this Anime Has A Lot of WELL
THAT'S
CONVENIENT moments.
Oct 30, 2022 9:30 PM

Jun 2017
I started tearing up when Tsukasa passed and Senku still talked to him. He barely had time with his sister.
9/10
Nov 7, 2022 8:06 AM
Feb 2019
Super hyped for the next season
Nov 24, 2022 2:14 PM
Sep 2022
Cant wait for season 3
Feb 6, 2023 9:23 AM
May 2016
Why are all animes giving me the feels these days
Mar 23, 2023 2:30 AM

Jul 2014
God what an ending. Tsukasa is frozen and now they going ona
trip to the other side of the planet. This season was better than the first one for sure, S1 was more of a chemistry class but S2 is less of that and more about the plot

8/10 , definitely will binge the special episode and S3 when it comes out
Mar 30, 2023 8:50 AM
Feb 2021
buena continuacion
Mar 31, 2023 11:14 PM

Oct 2013
Perfect ending to this arc, concluding another marvelous adaptation of Dr. Stone manga. I'm really, really happy that Dr. Stone anime presents so high quality. As somebody familiar with the source material, I can say that both season 1 and season 2 were simply great, haha.

Himawari9 said:
How is it magic? It is the only way to preserve the corpse of Tsukasa. They don't want his corpse rot.

While I get why many people would prefer a tragic ending to this arc, this show's main message is to show how science can make literal wonders without being miraculous by itself by a tiny bit, but being rather based on logic and facts. That's why the way Tsukasa got treated by the Kingdom of Science was not an asspull. Senkuu placed emphasis on how he had to let him die before freezing his body. He was visibly sad, because he couldn't be 100% whether depetrification side-effect might be enough to bring back somebody to life if one's body is preserved. Healing up someone doesn't have to be equal to total reanimation. It's possible that Tsukasa might be healed up and alive after depetrification, but Senkuu couldn't be sure of it when making a hard decision of freezing Tsukasa's body. He had to do whatever he could to prove his hypothesis. That's all. No "cheap way of preserving Tsukasa". Only science, with a dose of fiction.

That being said, this show is still a sci-fi post-apo. It's obvious that there might be some elements looking unreal from our perspective, or maybe oversimplified, or even magical (i.e. petrification of all humans on the planet), but it's a part of the idea behind the genre and this series. This show is meant to deliver its message and to be entertaining for both science enthusiasts and viewers that are not into science that much.
AdnashMar 31, 2023 11:35 PM
Apr 2, 2023 8:45 AM

Jan 2021
Stone age Pirate Reki? I'm in!
Apr 3, 2023 7:17 PM
Apr 2023
A great transition into the next parts idk why people stooped talking about this anime its still great
May 13, 2023 8:14 AM
Oct 2014
Anime creativo. Eso es lo que me gustó.
May 23, 2023 12:51 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Dunno what is up with all the hate for this and last episode... if people are hating Tsukasa, I feel it was pretty clear he was never a clear black and white villain, his goals were not right, but it is not like was doing that from wishing bad to humanity, and the last two episodes cleared out that he even felt guilt towards what he was doing, not that I can it was all executed the best to make it fully all okay, cuz I feel all this backstory should have been introduced sooner, but oh well.

I was always interested on Tsukasa's character and never saw him as the really bad guy, just a warped individual that was going too far and needed to be stopped, which is what happened.
Now I was not expecting that plot twist with the backstabbing at the start of this arc, but it was clear in later episodes that spear bastard could not be trusted and view has just a guy under Tsukasa's... and this is what we got, tbh I found this more emotional than S1 since I did like Tsukasa character and wanted to see some kind of conclusion to him, and we got that and tons of development for the plot, so this was a really strong ending, with some more weaker episodes in the middle (not like S1 was perfect either)

Took me a long time to finish S2, but I really enjoyed this conclusion, and am now excited to see what will unfold, THOUGHT not as much as I wanted to see the conclusion for the Stone Wars arc (since the fight against Tsukasa was brewing from the very start of S1, so lots of build up to culminate on this).

8.7/10 = 9
Jun 3, 2023 3:26 PM

Jul 2022
well god damn man when i start watching this anime i didn't expect it to be this good

9/10
Jun 3, 2023 5:06 PM
Jan 2018
Dava pra ser melhor ...
Jun 13, 2023 5:06 PM
Sep 2018
Amazing episode.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 18, 2023 10:14 PM
Jul 2023
it was pretty good but nothing special
Sep 30, 2023 2:06 PM

Oct 2013
I think I cried 7 times this episode. 10/10 finale

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 2, 2023 8:16 PM
Jun 2019
una masa like messi
Dec 6, 2023 3:21 PM

Aug 2022
Wow, that ending felt truly bittersweet for this incredible second season. The sweetness came from everyone working together and being revived, but the bitterness lingered with Tsukasa's situation. The scene with Mirai pledging to protect him in his cryo-chamber brought tears to my eyes – it was so moving. Dr. Stone has not only met but exceeded all my expectations, especially in this season. I've grown to love this series so much!

The bond between Tsukasa and Senku throughout the episode was a highlight. The trust they've built runs deep, and I initially thought Senku would find a quick cure for Tsukasa after the last episode, but it's proving to be more challenging than expected.

'Can't we just chat idly?' That one line hit me right in the feels.

RIP for now, Tsukasa. Hopefully, we'll get to see you again in the next season!
Jan 13, 5:03 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to be4
I never thought I'd cry for Tsukasa T^T
@be4 😭😭😭😭
Jan 13, 5:04 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to animerx
I may or may not have teared up when tsukasa died... and senku talking to himself knowing that tsukasa had passed really broke my heart.

excited to see what season 3 has in store!! looks like they'll be traveling across the world in order to learn how to petrify tsukasa's body. can't believe this is just the beginning of the story!!!
@animerx I’m so excited
Jan 13, 5:07 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to flizzy
Why aren't they trying to revive a doctor? None of them knows medicine and their friend is wounded?

@flizzy okay even a doctor would struggle I the stone world
Jan 13, 5:10 PM
Dec 2023
Tsukasa death was so painful to see… i really hope we see him again
Jan 15, 8:17 AM
Jan 2023
i just remembered how much i love this show once again
Jan 19, 12:26 PM

Nov 2018
A great finale ending.
Let's hope on S03.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Feb 1, 12:36 PM
Jan 2021
It started off fresh but fell from interest during season 2.
Feb 13, 6:41 PM

May 2022
And a happy ending occurred, but sadly Tsukasa is no more with us. Come on, Senku! Make a way to bring your friend back.

Very emotional seeing "Senku's human side". Two great leaders just chatting before one falls asleep in ice death.
Feb 26, 10:03 PM
Feb 2024
this is not that good if we look at the season 1... but that's ok!!!!!
Feb 28, 11:13 PM
Dec 2022
New fellas being revived
oh dear Yo is back
Tsukasa remembers every statue he destroyed

They gonna petrify Tsukasa to heal him
Petrify beam to make fresh food actually epic?
FRIDGE AHHHHHHHHHHH
super mario

Tsukasa cryostasis Goodnight sweet prince wake up soon

We going to America
YOO SENKU PIRATES TIME

TO BE CONTINUED RAAAAA
Mar 6, 10:19 AM

Jun 2023
Loved this show sm
Loved the OP & ED
Very exciting, fun, theres also sorrowful
Mar 24, 2:42 AM

Jun 2017
Tsukasa remembers every stone he broke? I don't understand that part about him breaking those stones! He could've just let them be. I don't like how they made him on their side. What he did was pure evil. If it wasn't for Senku, those people would be as good as being killed by Tsukasa.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Apr 9, 1:41 PM
Dec 2020
Providing meat to the murderers is certainly not idle, but a dumb thing to do. If not the execution, a smart person would malnourish them to make them weak and to protect the eldersand children of the village.
May 25, 3:46 AM
Feb 2021
Senku brain is just dope AF
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quercifolia - Jan 14, 2021

180 by DigiCat »»
May 16, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

130 by sadsaggyballs »»
Mar 27, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

181 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 20, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2021

168 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 20, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

129 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 18, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.