Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2020 7:17 AM
Sep 2020
nozomi-hd said:
I hope I can watch this episode soon...
I got COVID! 😢😷
Get well soon, mate.
Sep 18, 2020 7:30 AM
Jun 2019
I have 3 points I would like to point out:

1. i'm not a fan of the so called "confession", feels like hikigaya is just a wishy washy character. i was hoping of something more direct for once, but turns out what he was saying is just blabbing something round and round.

2. i also do not understand the part about the prom thing.. i mean, what was that? what is the conflict all about?

3. why do yukinoshita wants to disband the club again?

underwhelming, to be honest.

Sep 18, 2020 8:06 AM
Aug 2018
It was the perfect episode. We waited so long for this moment and it was very emotional, it was not forced and cliche.

One of the best confessions in all anime history without saying "I love you". 8man and Yukino deserve each other, but I feel bad for Yui at this very end. I wanna see what is saved for her in the last episode.

I'm already waiting for an OVA showing them all in the future (like happens in Onanie Master Kurosawa).
Sep 18, 2020 8:15 AM

Jun 2020
civonad said:
Just because im being paranoid and anxious right now, the bridge scene was a confession of love between the two right? Hachiman and yukino were confessing their love to one another is that correct? and did they both understand that the other was confessing their love? Also are they dating or will they say I love you or kiss?

I really hope the whole scene wasnt a just hoping to be friends for the rest of our lives thing.

yeah it was a confession in there own way

Sep 18, 2020 8:18 AM

Jun 2020
Does anyone know the song that plays during the bridge and the ending please i'd like to know

Sep 18, 2020 8:22 AM

Aug 2009
This series was so slow-paced. Not all gags were funny and some of their antics or interactions were unnecessary. I felt like the side-characters like Zaimokuza weren't given much development. Yui's feelings were so painful and heartfelt. This season barely had any of Hachiman's monologues that I craved for. Hiratsuka-sensei's confession had the best presentation. Argh, this series has so many flaws I could keep listing them. In other words:
Sep 18, 2020 8:32 AM
Mar 2020
I feel bad for Yui but the confession is great
It's useless to think what people thinks about you. -Hikigaya Hatchiman.
Sep 18, 2020 8:34 AM
Mar 2020
sawadatsuna1 said:
Does anyone know the song that plays during the bridge and the ending please i'd like to know
Diamond no Jundo Yukino ballade
Sep 18, 2020 8:41 AM
Apr 2020
Yahallost mina :'D
Sep 18, 2020 9:23 AM
Jun 2020
Omg finally 🤧🤧🤧 i was crying at the beginning and was literally screaming at the end🤧🤧🤧🤧🔥🔥🔥🔥
Sep 18, 2020 9:29 AM
Apr 2019
7 years worth of emotional attachment finally paid off!!! sail the ship boys!! the 2 loner finally became together!
Sep 18, 2020 9:39 AM
Sep 2020
I feel bad for Yui cause she got heart broke :'(

ending song make really play my emotions, the song make me feel bad for Yui
Sep 18, 2020 9:46 AM

Dec 2017
LN reader, What could we expect from the final episode? Will there be more scenes where Hachiman still figuring out their relationship and the conclusion of the said relationship between the 3? and the conclusion of the fake prom thing or with Yukino's family matter? or that's all, are we just gonna get a filler episode where a bunch of characters doing activities just like in season 1 with the sports festival arc?

After I saw the preview fo the next episode, it seems to me there is no more drama that will be going on in the final episode, just a bunch of people going to the sauna?
Sep 18, 2020 9:52 AM
Apr 2015
7 years. Ladies and gents aboard Team Yukinoshita, it has been an honor.
yasuSep 18, 2020 9:56 AM
Saiyan_Prince said:
I've never cheated on someone before, but I've been cheated on. And let me tell you, it hurts like a bitch. If you don't want to be with someone, please just go ahead and end it before you even think about looking for that someone else. Don't wait and find that person in order to line it up first and then just move from one relationship to the next without even pausing. I honestly don't understand how people can be heartless enough to cheat on someone.
Sep 18, 2020 9:58 AM

Jul 2020
I know it's too late to ask, can anyone plz tell what they are going to end? Is it the club? why they have to end it when they have another whole year? And plz help me with yui,s desires, what she wants actually? The whole series is getting messed up for me except 8man and yukino's last scene

Sep 18, 2020 10:10 AM
Mar 2020
Tumike_42 said:
I know it's too late to ask, can anyone plz tell what they are going to end? Is it the club? why they have to end it when they have another whole year? And plz help me with yui,s desires, what she wants actually? The whole series is getting messed up for me except 8man and yukino's last scene
The club is going to end because every problem they receive the more their relationship getting worse and for yui's desire of couse to be with 8man and maintain the club.
Sep 18, 2020 10:17 AM

Apr 2020
MenchiK1 said:
Unsatisfying is the term I would use. I'm honestly surprised to see such enthusiasm for the confession. This season was just an excuse to make what should have been inevitable, obvious and easy for the characters into something strained, awkward and difficult. Also weird, I mean these ARE just a couple of shy high school kids who have never been in a relationship. "Give me your life" I mean happily married couples don't talk that way. These two haven't even dated yet, that felt like the proposal a couple in their late 20's would have after an on again off again relationship for the past 10 years. And yeah sensei and the sister just became simple plot devices compared to earlier seasons. It was a great routine until now but IMO the author just couldn't stick the landing.

Yeah, the confession is very well-written, it's very unique -- but if you just look at it on an outside perspective, it's high schoolers, on their eleventh grade no less, and they haven't even known each other for a year and they're talking about fucking up each other's lives. It looks like a line taken from a seinen manga like Oyasumi Punpun.

It feels super weird because Oregairu has always been very subtle, and they can't always express what they mean due to the lack of social skills but Hikigaya just waltzes in, rejects Yui so smoothly, convinces Yukino's family to let him take their daughter's hand, and confess to Yukino without even making a misunderstanding. All in one episode. The only buildup to this was Hiratsuka's final advice to advance the plot. Hikigaya doesn't strain any relationship, he doesn't make mistakes. So yeah, I agree it's very unsatisfying.
Sep 18, 2020 10:18 AM
May 2015
I had a dream on the 13th of June 2015. (check my comment history)
This episode is the reality of that dream.
I couldn't be happier.
Sep 18, 2020 10:26 AM

Jul 2020
I4n-kun said:
Tumike_42 said:
The club is going to end because every problem they receive the more their relationship getting worse and for yui's desire of couse to be with 8man and maintain the club.

thank you. now at least i can think a bit about it in the right way.

Sep 18, 2020 11:06 AM

Oct 2018
One of the best confessions in anime right here. After this episode, I can safely say that this series is truly one of the greatest romcoms ever.
Sep 18, 2020 11:50 AM
Apr 2019
Hellooo_Theeree said:
LN reader, What could we expect from the final episode? Will there be more scenes where Hachiman still figuring out their relationship and the conclusion of the said relationship between the 3? and the conclusion of the fake prom thing or with Yukino's family matter? or that's all, are we just gonna get a filler episode where a bunch of characters doing activities just like in season 1 with the sports festival arc?

After I saw the preview fo the next episode, it seems to me there is no more drama that will be going on in the final episode, just a bunch of people going to the sauna?
I don't think studio would want to present Iroha or Yui as "homewreckers" so no drama regarding that.

Going with LN spoiler.

Sep 18, 2020 11:54 AM
Oct 2013
Love it, this episode is the peaked Oregairu no doubt, but it doesn't excuse the previous 10 episodes of Yui's exclusive pandering which somehow disturbed a bit of my concentration when watching this ep. I mean why focused a lot on the girl which will never win Hachiman's heart. Feel did screw up many things but at least they got this episode right and do justice to Yukino.

However, as an anime-only viewer, I disagree with the notion that saying Yui had a chance in this, during all 10 episodes we only see Yui the only one who took proactive move to close the distance with Hachiman whilst Hachiman just took a passive stance in their relationship, which totally struck a chord with his personality as a socially awkward person. However, the only time he ever took a proactive stance is when he wants to help Yukino which is the total opposite of his attitude, even risk knowing he might do something "bad" towards Yukino being a total dependent towards him according to know-it-all Haruno which had her theory debunked by Shizuka sensei this episode. He just wants to help the love of his life, that's all.
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Sep 18, 2020 12:09 PM
Aug 2017
Can i just express how happy i am right now ? ive watched this anime back in school and ive waited since 2015 for the new season to see how they develop and who end up with and now im graduating from college and seeing this just made me tear up, reminding of the journey i had with this anime and the characters i loved hachiman cuz i was an edgy teenager but now im grown man and i love how he develops man i seriously dont have words to describe this episode i was totally not ready and not expecting them to do this bruh its funny how i was so confused by their confession i was like is he confessing or are they just talking weird stuff like they usually do i almost thought im watching the ending episode but turns out there is one more coming, and hell yeah i was team yukinu since 2013 and seeing her happy now makes me happy... man i need to stop, imma go cry but f"ck i hella loved this episode
Sep 18, 2020 12:15 PM

Aug 2014
Ngl, one of the worst episodes of the series. Like what was the point of all that "codependant" drama when the solution for all of that was saying that what they have is much more than that? Why did it take 11 episodes to see that. The season has been a disappointment from the start imo and has been going downhill specially the parts with Yui. I hope the finale is at least good to watch.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 18, 2020 12:27 PM

May 2017
I love Yukino as a character but Yui and 8man's dynamic is so much better in my own opinion...
Sep 18, 2020 12:46 PM

Apr 2020
sorry for my english, my native is latinoamericano lol

the whole development made me VERY anxious but i enjoy it. I understand and support Yukix8man because normative ship (not because it's predictable, it's the one that feels most natural) and because the author has the right to put the ending he wants.
but i'm polyamorous, and i would have been SO MUCH happier with an OT3 Yui x Yuki x 8man
_anitaSep 18, 2020 5:01 PM
Sep 18, 2020 12:54 PM
Sep 2014
This was the BEST episode of this anime like we've waited so much for this.
It was beautifully done, i think i've never seen something like this before an omg too many feelings. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Rewatched the episode twice already.. Go Go 8man

PS: Just descovered this part of the website lol, each episode i try to find some people that also like this anime to talk with but never thought of checking here lol
Sep 18, 2020 12:57 PM

Feb 2008
The mutual confession of Yukino and Hachiman was heartwarming. However, there was something even better, namely sensei's.

Iroha was great too. She can be really persuasive.

Too bad for Yui, though.
Sep 18, 2020 1:00 PM
Sep 2014
RPWPA said:
Ngl, one of the worst episodes of the series. Like what was the point of all that "codependant" drama when the solution for all of that was saying that what they have is much more than that? Why did it take 11 episodes to see that. The season has been a disappointment from the start imo and has been going downhill specially the parts with Yui. I hope the finale is at least good to watch.

It wasn't a whole "drama" it showcases that everything her sister said was complete BS and wasn't true. Well part of it is true but i think that part is manly because they are in love and that's their way of showing it.

Yes the first 10 episodes weren't that good and i think the "hype" for this episode was expected or logical if you want. We see a lot of Yuix8man but we also see how he slowly understands that he doesn't love her that he likes her as a friend and the fact that she knows that he knows about her feelings made it even better. Knowing that the character has issues expressing himself but he did reject her and tbh i like how it was done.

From the rejection to the confession, it was unique.
Sep 18, 2020 1:12 PM

Jul 2016
I'm so sorry for Yui, but it had to go like this, the understanding between Hachiman and Yukino is on a whole other level. A very particular confession, not canonical and therefore wonderful, in line with their clumsiness and inexperience. Speaking with Haruno and her mother, Hachiman was practically asking permission to hang out with Yukino, in his full style.

"I don't care how many problems you cause me or how annoying you become, I could even say it's a beautiful thing" the essence of love explained by Hachiman, what a character.
Sep 18, 2020 1:16 PM

Apr 2020
kanarax said:
RPWPA said:

It wasn't a whole "drama" it showcases that everything her sister said was complete BS and wasn't true. Well part of it is true but i think that part is manly because they are in love and that's their way of showing it.

Yes the first 10 episodes weren't that good and i think the "hype" for this episode was expected or logical if you want. We see a lot of Yuix8man but we also see how he slowly understands that he doesn't love her that he likes her as a friend and the fact that she knows that he knows about her feelings made it even better. Knowing that the character has issues expressing himself but he did reject her and tbh i like how it was done.

No, the entire confession showcases that what she said was true, and that Hikigaya said it himself that he can't stop associating with her which is basically codependent behavior. Yukino literally says in the confession that her worries is that she might grow to be useless when she's in a relationship with him. Not to mention the "take my life" shtick.

Which basically negates the whole 10-ish episodes of the prom arc, where Yukino tries to be independent because her sister accused her of being codependent: the whole conflict of the season. Yukino did not grow, at all.
ToraiSSep 18, 2020 1:22 PM
Sep 18, 2020 1:26 PM

Nov 2017
That confession scene felt more like a marriage proposal between 'em, lol
Sep 18, 2020 1:29 PM

Mar 2019
Any manga readers who can confirm another season of this masterpiece for me please? I just can´t bear the feeling that the next episode will be over forever. :[

Sep 18, 2020 1:38 PM

Jul 2012
Best confession I’ve ever seen and best episode of the entire series.
Sep 18, 2020 1:46 PM

Aug 2014
kanarax said:
RPWPA said:

I agree, her rejection was done well. And the last 4 minutes were very well written but I just see the first 10 episodes or so to be nothing but fodder for the confession. Like, take almost all of it out and you would get the same feeling. Watching Yui cry every episode got boring as well.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 18, 2020 2:10 PM
Feb 2017
absolutely incredible, this is a satisfying conclusion and it hurts to see this anime end but it's for the best since despite some small factors that this season didn't deliver it was a good ride and this ending is the perfect way to end it all, best romance/slice of life/drama series ever
Sep 18, 2020 2:22 PM
Oct 2013
ToraiS said:
kanarax said:

No, the entire confession showcases that what she said was true, and that Hikigaya said it himself that he can't stop associating with her which is basically codependent behavior. Yukino literally says in the confession that her worries is that she might grow to be useless when she's in a relationship with him. Not to mention the "take my life" shtick.

Which basically negates the whole 10-ish episodes of the prom arc, where Yukino tries to be independent because her sister accused her of being codependent: the whole conflict of the season. Yukino did not grow, at all.

IMO, can't stop associate in this case meaning that he confessed his loved to her in a roundabout way (Hachiman's style). He said all that and trying to elevate himself from a friend who Yukino depends towards a lover. I believed if he was rejected which basically not what happened, he will move on with his life and dissociate himself from her. And maybe it's vague but this episode also suggested he already got out from his dependency to Yuigahama from his subtle rejection the same also happened when Yukino accepted the confession from Hachiman. I think the break from a 3 person structure which they had done till now to being a couple is a step forward for them to alleviate the co-dependency issue.

At least they got what they want which is a genuine relationship. That's basically the point of the season 3 IMO anyway not codependency. About Yukino being a couple with Hachiman another form of codependency, isn't the point of being lovers is able to accept all merit and cons of significant others? Besides, the same will happen with Yui and it will be worse which will entirely negate the whole premise of Oregairu not only this season for sure since if he is in a relationship with Yui means he's the pot calls the kettle black towards Hayama's group on the premise if he totally grant her wish.
niknasrSep 18, 2020 2:33 PM
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Sep 18, 2020 2:24 PM

Aug 2019
Had Yukino's ballade of Diamond no Jundo on loop and cried myself to sleep after this ep

Sep 18, 2020 2:43 PM
Jul 2015
Fucking what?
That second half made no sense with the 2nd prom
Sep 18, 2020 2:49 PM

Oct 2019
rip yui team, knew this would eventually happen
Sep 18, 2020 4:21 PM
May 2020
This episode is so heart touching .The story is finally come to the end Must watch episode
Sep 18, 2020 4:33 PM
Sep 2014
niknasr said:
ToraiS said:

IMO, can't stop associate in this case meaning that he confessed his loved to her in a roundabout way (Hachiman's style). He said all that and trying to elevate himself from a friend who Yukino depends towards a lover. I believed if he was rejected which basically not what happened, he will move on with his life and dissociate himself from her. And maybe it's vague but this episode also suggested he already got out from his dependency to Yuigahama from his subtle rejection the same also happened when Yukino accepted the confession from Hachiman. I think the break from a 3 person structure which they had done till now to being a couple is a step forward for them to alleviate the co-dependency issue.

At least they got what they want which is a genuine relationship. That's basically the point of the season 3 IMO anyway not codependency. About Yukino being a couple with Hachiman another form of codependency, isn't the point of being lovers is able to accept all merit and cons of significant others? Besides, the same will happen with Yui and it will be worse which will entirely negate the whole premise of Oregairu not only this season for sure since if he is in a relationship with Yui means he's the pot calls the kettle black towards Hayama's group on the premise if he totally grant her wish.

EXACTLY !
It was built so we understand that it's never going to happen between Yui and 8man and that she as a character understands that.
On the other hand 8man also understands her feelings and rejected her his way that breaks the "love triangle" if we can call it that.
Then through the "i want to associate with her" is kind of i want to help her etc and in a couple you're supposed to help each other and it's not co-dependency but a "normal" relationship that they are learning to have.

We didn't see the word "love" being used by them but we understand knowing that they both have issues talking about how they actually feel and we did see that improve when Iroha stated that they don't need an interpreter anymore.

Yukino did grow as a character, from a loner to a person that actually fell in love for the first time.
From not being able to do things on her own to being able to do so with/thnx to the person she's in love with.

I think we should see the 10 first episodes as a construction site and this episode was the last brick.
Sep 18, 2020 5:31 PM
Jan 2016
I knew from the previous season that Yui is gonna sacrifice her love for her to stay with them, but witness it with my own eyes is heartbreaking
but yeah, that not her choice from the beginning, right? we should consider the others feeling too.
she want love and friendship (everything) but she got one of them

at least she got something genuine
and that what IS important.

And now she finally can "feel" her love is real

and me myself would not know 8man feeling if he didn't say so
it was hard but it finally here
it is the end :(

Sep 18, 2020 5:32 PM

Jan 2015
Man that was great. After watching and reading the series for over half a decade it really feels emotional seeing it all come to an end.
Sep 18, 2020 7:37 PM

Sep 2012
Now that's what I call stopping power.
Good ep, with a slight taste of PTSD.
Sep 18, 2020 8:08 PM
Jul 2019
I had lost count how many time i watched this episode, its so beautiful and perfect scene, best confession ever
Now i can die in peace
Sep 18, 2020 8:15 PM
Apr 2020
sawadatsuna1 said:
civonad said:
Just because im being paranoid and anxious right now, the bridge scene was a confession of love between the two right? Hachiman and yukino were confessing their love to one another is that correct? and did they both understand that the other was confessing their love? Also are they dating or will they say I love you or kiss?

I really hope the whole scene wasnt a just hoping to be friends for the rest of our lives thing.

yeah it was a confession in there own way

Ok so to get it straight they both confessed their love to one another right?
Sep 18, 2020 8:16 PM
Apr 2020
A_G_N said:
civonad said:

It was pretty much a marriage proposal.. no need to worry there, they're dating now, there's a date after this comfession but donno if anime will adapt it cuz thats rare, this ep got a pass atleast..

Ok so to get it straight they both confessed their love to one another right?
Sep 18, 2020 8:18 PM
Apr 2020
It was a love confession right? as in they both confessed their love right?
Sep 18, 2020 8:28 PM
Jul 2020
Finally the moment of truth for which I waited many years....hachiman indirectly confessed to yukio...he chosen yukino over you...damn that yui crying was so painful...and the last episode coming next week is more than painful:(
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

190 by ViSpace »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cchigu - Aug 6, 2020

133 by ViSpace »»
3 hours ago

» Hachiman ended up with (Spoilers) right ❓❓❓

neel_senpai - May 30

10 by ElzardLN »»
Jun 1, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

284 by ViSpace »»
Jun 1, 7:30 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cchigu - Jul 23, 2020

146 by ViSpace »»
Jun 1, 6:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.